The Fallen Angel And The Demo...

Від Miss_Headache

The swordman didn't know what he was missing, until he met her. It all began innocently enough, neither of th... Більше

Chapter 1: The Forsaken
Chapter 2: Thunderstorm
Chapter 3: Arrivals and Departures
Chapter 4: Mutual Rescue
Chapter 5: Emerald Butterflies
Chapter 6: Cloudburst
Chapter 7: Absolution
Chapter 8: The Interlocking
Chapter 9: Revenge and Redemption
Chapter 10: Pieces Fall into Place
Chapter 11: Bitter Celebrations
Chapter 12: New Beginnings
Chapter 13: Untying Knots
Chapter 14: Life's Short
Chapter 15: Open Book
Chapter 16: Family Matters
Chapter 17: Day Off
Chapter 20: Trouble Calls
Chapter 21: Parting Gifts
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 23: Worst Case Scenario
Chapter 24: Sneak Peak
Chapter 25: Corporate Curtain Falls

Chapter 18: First Date

719 26 2
Від Miss_Headache

"You didn't have to come," Zoro says, slashing at an old creaking tree with inhuman ease.

"Then we'd never have been able to set a fire," I stand behind him, watching the tree fall, "and we'd have a missing swordsman. Not the best scenario."

The thud of the trunk slamming into the soil shook the ground and several birds fled, though I couldn't see them. Only the croaks and the fluttering of their wings told me. There's still a dim light on the island, but every minute brings us closer to the night, and with it comes darkness in the swampy maze.

"Always a step ahead, uh?" Zoro snorts, "Well, wouldn't you be able to find me with that thing you do?"

"You mean the sensing thing? I suppose I could," With the tree on the ground, I start chopping it into manageable parts, "Though I'm not used to using it over large areas."

"Were you born with it?" he takes the logs as I finish cutting them up.

I shrug, "Eulogie said it was probably awakened in some traumatic event."

Zoro hums, processing what I've told him. "So, you close your eyes and see people as...spots, vibrations?"

"It's more like a...visual feeling? I can't describe it. And it's different for each person. In your case, right now you're a calm, warm, somewhat greyish glow."

"You can sense my mood too?" He looks surprised, as if all this wasn't already bizarre in the first place. I may be used to it, but I don't understand beyond what I've been told.

"Not always. That's the hardest part. It's easier when it's someone I've spent time with."

Another hum from the swordsman. "Something like that might come in handy," he says, retrieving the log from my arms.

"Yeah. I should probably use it more often." I let him take the piece, but I pout, "Give me some, I can help."

"Why don't you try it now?" My complaint? Completely disregarded. He seems more excited to test the limits of my ability, and I don't need my sixth sense to know he's looking for a challenge out of this.

"Are you suggesting we play hide and seek in a murky jungle, it being almost pitch black?"

"Scared?" Zoro's blank expression turns into the one he reserves for this kind of games; a side grin and taunting eyes looking down at me. His teasing is something I always fall into, and he knows it.

"No, idiot! I just don't want to spend the night looking for you," I cross my arms, defensive. The playful vibe it's already there though.

"Then do it right," he smirks, letting the wood logs fall before his feet. "Focus. You can see me right now?"

I roll my eyes, "Yes. Though this is not a good id-"

"5 minutes," he spurts, flashing his pearly whites before marching past me.

----

6, 7, 8, 9, 10....

I can't believe I'm playing this stupid game. We should've returned by now. Luffy's going to get bored if we don't set the fire and start the night, and a bored Luffy means a potential catastrophe in the cards.

59, 60, 61, 62...

A whip of breeze makes me shiver. Damn you, bosky. I should take off with the logs and let him wander until dawn. But that would be cruel, and the idiot's wearing a T-shirt as effective in this cold as a bikini top. As soon as the time is up, I'm going to find him and scare the hell out of that smug prick.

188, 189, 190, 191...

I've been trying to focus on his whereabouts, and I'm pretty sure where he is. It's actually easy to locate him, taking into consideration there are not many people around. Besides my green-haired moron, I sense only two other presences nearby, and something tells me they are harmless.

298, 299, and...300. Game on!

Still with my eyes closed, I take a minute to think up the best route. Zoro's a perceptive man, and he for sure will be on high alert of his surroundings, so I must tread carefully. The movement helps me overcome the chilly breeze, as I swiftly climb a treetop. Silently, I head towards the green target using the sturdy branches of different trees for footing. The task proves rather tricky, since I can't see much, and I need to be slow if I want to remain undetected. A bunch of trees later, I'm on top of the oblivious swordman.

"Tagged!" I pounce at him from the top of the tree, taking the man completely by surprise. By the time he looks up, gravity had already seen to give him no escape.

Our bodies crash and Zoro falls back, providing me a cushioned fall. The utter shock on his face has me cackling.

"Are you insane?!" He raises his voice, trying push me half-heartedly at the same time, but I support my weight on my elbows and hover over his face.

"You told me to find you, remember?" I laugh.

"Yeah, not to try to kill me, woman!" his voice sounds annoyed but he's smiling back at me, and there it is again; the desperate urge to kiss him.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?"

he scoffs, "As if."

"This is not the first time you fall from a tree on me," he states, a rather light-coloured complain.

"It can be our thing," I chuckle.

He huffs, "that's ridiculous," Zoro turns us around, he on top now.

This time I turn us around, "You are ridiculous."

"Next time I'm not catching you," another roll.

"Next time I'm falling on someone else, then," I get the top.

He rolls us once more, "Oh yeah? Next time I'm pushing you over."

"Next time I'm taking you down with me," another turn.

This time Zoro pushes me to the ground a bit roughly, a cocky smile ready, "Alright. But when we get down... I prefer when I'm on t-"

Before we knew it, we were on the edge of a slope. The earth gave way as we turned, sending us rolling downwards, a cloud of dust, dirt, rocks, and twigs in our path.

When I fell again, I landed back on top of the green-haired idiot, all scruffy. In between coughs, I can't help but laugh uncontrollably.

"Are you kidding me?" Zoro's frustrated voice rises over my laugh, as he grabs me by the wrist, seeing a new wound oozing red. "Shit. You're bleeding."

It's a small cut though, nothing to worry about.

"What were you saying before, you favoured the top?" I can't escape the laughing fit. He had meant to sound so much different.

With a click of his tongue, I was sure he was going to push me to the side to stand up, and I was going to let him, when I sensed something nearby.

"What?"

I put a hand on his mouth, leaning further against him to use the grass as camouflage. With a head gesture, I point towards the two auras.

"What... that"

"...bly nothing."

"...here's okay."

"...won't find us."

"Did... let...old man know?"

"...yours?"

"Neither..."

Silence is key. Two voices, a boy's and a girl's are barely heard in the distance. I let a relieved sigh. Just kids. Zoro seems to think the same thing, because I feel his body relaxing under me, and I take my hand from his mouth. We stay still though, immersed in the conversation.

"I brought ....you." there is a sound like ruffling of papers, "-ute tonight."

The girl gasps, "...those...'re...favourites."

"Yeah,"

There is a pause, and even I can feel the awkward atmosphere before the boy speaks again.

"I need...tell..." the boy seems to hesitate, "I... love..."

Aww. We are witnessing a love confession! I glance down at Zoro, but he doesn't seem as invested anymore, "Are you going to get up?" He whispers, a bit annoyed.

Right. Ups. I get up, still trying to not make any noise. Offering a hand for him to stand too, I giggle in a whisper, "I guess we almost crash their moment."

He rolls his eyes, picking up his swords. Once the three are in place, he beckons a "let's go back" tugging at my hand.

We walk in silence through the rainforest, carrying the wood that we had abandoned before. The only sounds are the occasional click of bats and the buzzing of invisible insects. It's not an unpleasant silence, rather a comfortable, cosy one. I've grown used to his silences, since he isn't the type to talk much, and it's usually nice. His presence's normally a source of comfort. However, as we walk, I can feel Zoro's gears turning, and it starts getting on my nerves. Is something wrong? Maybe something about us? Did I hurt him falling from the tree? It's like the words are at the tip of his tongue, and I need him to spill them.

"Is that something you'll like to do?" he finally shares.

"Uhm?"

"A date."

I let out an amused sigh. A date. He's just thinking about those kids.

"Depends on who asks," I shrug. "Are you asking me on a date, Roronoa Zoro?" I send a mischievous smile at him.

I can see his cheeks growing pink even in the absence of light. He says nothing though, but I take the liberty to deduce his intentions. Is not that hard to put two plus two together.

"I'd love to go on a date with you."

Must've hit the nail because there's the shadow of a soft smile there, and his pace increases.

"Let's get this to the Sunny fast then," he mumbles.

------

Back at the girls' room, I fished those black heels Nami has abandoned in the depths of the wardrobe and tried them on. Perfect. It's certainly a lucky strike to share the same size with the redhead, given she could set up her own boutique with the amount of clothes she has. I'm sure she won't have a problem with me borrowing them. The same premise repeats itself with the black, strapless dress that eyed me while I browsed through Nami's rack. The navigator sure has a sense of taste.

My reflection in the mirror is exactly what I was looking for; elegant, a bit revealing, mysterious even. A far cry from my usual wardrobe, but tonight is special. Still, there is something missing. Right, the usual weight of my knives belt. Well, it would ruin the outfit, so instead I opt for a garter belt, which can hide my karambits easily under the skirt of the dress.

Of course, knives aren't really something I will need on a date with Zoro, but I feel better having them, especially after that time I needed them but had left them behind, thinking I was safe. Lesson learned.

Hair brushed and perfume on, I sneak out of the Sunny and into the streets, heading to the meeting point: A local bar, one that's almost facing the harbour, a block away. Unmissable.

-----

Unmissable.

Pirates, thugs, and other kind of mean-looking men were occupying all the tables available when I arrived, talking loudly and drinking big, as tough guys do. So, I'm now sat at the bar top, facing the only other woman here, the bartender. The ice cubes that were floating on my drink are completely melted when I ask her for another one.

I don't have a watch, but I swear an hour's passed. Is this my first time being stood up? I chuckle to myself. No, Zoro's brash, dense, and rude sometimes, but he wouldn't. He'll be here. Let's just hope he arrives before the bar closes. In the meantime, I wish I'd brought a book. There's nothing much to do but stare through the large windowpane that connects to the street.

"Is the seat taken?" A black-haired man asks, pointing at the stool next to me.

"Yes," I say, going back to the window staring.

The man doesn't seem to take the hint, "Haven't seen you around before."

"Just passing by."

"I see," he moved further to shorten the distance between us, "My friends and I were wondering if you wanted to come sit with us, you seem lonely."

Looking behind him, I see a bunch of men looking in our direction, murmuring and snickering, likely about something I rather not know. The whole situation reeks of testosterone.

"Thanks, I'd rather stay. Wendolyn here was just telling me an amazing story."

The bartender, an old lady with a parch and a unfriendly expression, arched a brow, but continued cleaning a glass in silence. I guess sorority is not a popular concept here.

"Oh, c'mon. We may not look like it, but you'll have fun. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Waiting for someone."

"Oh! That's not right. That's not right at all," the giant of a man clicks his tongue, "A goddess like you, wasting your time for a man? Girl, he doesn't deserve you."

It's hard to resist the urge to roll my eyes, but I manage. Barely. Go away.

"Let me buy you a drink at least, to ease the wait."

--------

Next turn, to the left. Or so Zoro's been repeating to himself, already reaching desperation, having crossed confusion and frustration a couple blocks back.

At the turn number twenty-three, yellowish lights and the distinctive echo of male bonding over beers announce the bar's proximity. It only took Zoro a thousand kilometres by foot. Before reaching the establishment, he got a hold of himself: Zoro dusted off the white shirt he had buttoned for the occasion and fixed the tie he had stolen from the cook, which still was a bit loose though, given he didn't really know how to knot it.

His hands sweated a bit, so he wiped them on his cargos and clutched the poor bouquet he had arranged with flowers from the Sunny's garden. Yes, Roronoa Zoro had gone flower picking and was nervous, two things that doesn't really happen. But then again, Iris is involved.

A date with Iris should be fun, that was his original thought. That and that he wanted to have a romantic gesture, even if those things weren't his forte. But, as he was getting ready, some new, rather ugly thoughts came to his head: Iris comes from a world he doesn't even understand most of the times, a world he's not part of. And given that, he can't help but want to impress her, to prove he's better than that idiot fiancé her brother mentioned. Zoro can imagine the guy; a handsome, well-mannered dude, who knows how to treat women, how to do romance and stuff of sorts.

Well, Zoro got a bouquet of flowers and a date with her, so he's already one step ahead of the bastard. With that thought, he approached the lights that spilled from the bar window.

The sight at the other side of the long windowpane, however, stopped him on his tracks.

---------

"Still waiting for the guy? He's not worth it. I'm right here," Vlaka, as he had introduced himself, moved to block my view of the window.

"I'll have to pass," I swear, this guy's begging for a punch. My patience was drained to zero several times at this point. Politely, I shoved him back to free the view again, wishing Zoro would come already.

"I like this one," the black-haired moron states, cackling. His friends at the table laughed with him. It seems I'm part of a stand-up comedy I was not aware of signing up for.

A rough, big hand smacks my back, "C'mon, I'll buy anything you want."

Gritting my teeth, I try to keep it civil: Blood on the bar table would probably dampen the mood, "I don't want to take advantage of your kindness, sir."

"Hey, another sangria for my girl here," the man calls anyway. "You know, I bet there's a way you can repay my kindness..." his hand falls on my thigh, and he squeezes, smirking.

As if his breath wasn't pain enough.

Well, I should apologize to the cook when I get back. Sanji's flirting is subtlety incarnated compared to this guy. At least the blond doesn't look at me like I'm the prey. Forget about the book, I should've brought a creep repellent.

On second thought, I do have something like that.

"Oh, yeah? I think I know what you want..." I grin.

-------

At first Zoro didn't quite catch what he was looking at. The blond mane at the bar table could be no other than Iris, mindlessly tracing circles over an empty glass, as is her habit. Those long, hypnotising legs of hers crossed on a stool, barely covered by a tiny dress that sent his imagination flying for a solid minute. Up to there, everything was right. Now, the guy with a shit-eating grin and too close for comfort, that was the part Zoro was having problems with. When the bastard's hand purposedly slipped down to her tight, that's when Zoro's eye twitched. The bouquet was getting strangled in his hand, and it was a wonder how the sound of teeth chirring didn't get to anyone else's ears.

Bubbling with something like anger, but not quite, he started stomping towards the door. However, two steps later he pushed the brakes.

In a flash, Iris took the asshole's hand and twisted it in an anormal position, making him howl. The men from the table near stood up in the confusion, and jumped towards her, ready to attack. Iris used the man's body as shield, then swiftly avoided glass bottles thrown with rage, dancing around the place like a damn professional. In seconds, the bar became a warzone. Men fighting each other without much reason, and in the middle Iris seemed to be enjoying taking guys twice her size down with surprising dexterity. Zoro did not miss how the silver edge of her blades flashed here and there, painting red the wooden furniture. A natural artist.

Zoro had been watching the whole thing in awe. Iris' deftness and power were nothing new to the swordman, but for some reason seeing her display of violence right now had struck something inside of him. The feline smile before unleashing hell on those idiots, dangerously in total control of herself. And, oh, the excitement on her eyes as she played them like a game of chess. This side of Iris had all his blood rushing south.

"Hey! You just missed my first bar fight! Where were you?" Iris appears, swaying holding on to the door frame with a hand. Her voice's filled with child-like-excitement. No sign of her other self. Inside the establishment, however, the wooden floor's covered with grown men sniffling or just plainly down, confirmed to Zoro that is had not been a wet daydream.

No losing a second longer, Zoro strides towards her, a hand taking her by the small of her back. Iris opens her mouth to speak, but whatever it was gets swallowed by his mouth as he crushes his lips with hers, giving her a heated, open-mouthed kiss.

Iris slowly pulls away from the kiss, a soft smile forming on her lips. She takes a second, surprised by his boldness. With a playful smile, she hangs from his neck, both arms hugging him, "What was that for?"

Hell, if he knows. Just an overwhelming need to feel her, but he can't exactly say that. Instead, "you hurt?"

"Not a bruise," she replies proudly, trying to wipe a sticky stain from the back of her elbow. "This is not my blood, and... I had this already," she gestures towards a cut on her arm.

Taking a few steps back, her eyes swallow Zoro from head to toe, "You look awesome, bosky." Iris takes a mental picture, "Let me just..."

She stands closer, taking the half-knotted tie and fixing it for him, "There," she smiles, ironing the wrinkles on his shoulders with her hands. Iris' eyes focus on his face; at his sharp nose and sun-kissed skin, then into those stormy eyes. She feels his muscles under her palms, and she can't miss the way his breathing seems a bit heavy. Because of her? She smiles widely.

She isn't making it easy for him. He closes his eyes for a moment, trying hard to hold the lust he's feeling. He had never been like this. He's above these impulses, right? His drive was never an issue before. Maybe once or twice he had those dreams...But excluding those, his mind dominates his body. He would never dare to take things to the next level if she doesn't say anything. He doesn't need it. Then why is it so hot all of a sudden? Must be the island's night weather.

"Are those for me?" she tilts her head, oblivious of the battle inside of him.

Zoro follows her gaze, and looks at his own hand, surprised at the presence of the bunch of flowers there. He had completely forgotten.

"Yeh," he brings the flowers to her face, embarrassed with how awkward the gift had become.

Iris didn't mind. "Oh, you didn't have to! Thank you, bosky," she smells the perfume of the jasmines.

The moment gives Zoro a window to soak in the sight of her. And damn, what a sight. All of her seems to draw him in. Maybe she hasn't bewitched him, but she must have some supernatural quality to always look so stunning. The dress, now tattered, the messy hair. It only makes her look more tempting.

When he forces his eyes to return to her face, she was waiting for him with a feline smile that takes him off guard.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asks playfully. She can feel the answer in the air, and her body's as in tune to his as ever.

Zoro's gaze immediately lands on her lips. Noticing the smile forming on her face, he gently places his hand at the base of her jawline, his thumb caressing her chin. Iris' breaths get heavier, her body mimicking his, leading her to unconsciously bite her lip. "Like...what?" he whispers to her ear, lips almost touching her earlobe. His voice cuts deep, the rich timbre fanning the heat between her thighs. Zoro smiles to himself, seeing her flustered expression, and connects his lips onto hers in what quickly becomes a sloppy, hungry kiss.

She's feeling bolder than usual, maybe is the intoxicating way Zoro's holding her, or the residual adrenaline from the bar fight. Instead of submitting, she hugs his lips with her teeth, nibbling his flesh confidently and keeping it in for a while, experimentally. However new to the intensity of the heat brewing between them, she learns fast: His low grunt told her told her how much he had liked that.

With a hand on her nape, Zoro's body pushes Iris to the wall behind, deepening the kiss, now more erratic. If they weren't on the streets, this is the moment she would expect clothes to fly on the air. There are no alarms firing up on her head, nor voices to tell her to stop either. Wherever this is going to, she's down to follow her instincts. And her instincts are all dancing around the fire Zoro's ignited inside of her.

When his fingers dig at the back of her thigh, drawing her leg up to the side of his hip, pressing their bodies together, she surprises herself with a moan, one that's engulfed back into the kiss.

The friction he's feeling against her lower body has he almost feral. He's already several steps away from having any power over his actions at this point, but he tries to get back. He does, but then Iris encircles his waist with her other leg, using the wall and him as support. He can see the door to composure closing shut.

Warm breaths hit Iris' neck as he breaks the kiss and hovers over. His lips shower her supple, warm skin with a path of soft pecks, tickling their way from her collarbone upwards, to her ear. His grip on her thighs gets harder, completely lost in her scent, her sounds, and her skin.

The voice of his conscience, though, seems to have the worst timing.

"We should..." he kisses the skin under her ear, "go back."

He doesn't want to extinguish the moment so soon. Back on the Sunny, he won't be able to hold her as he wants to, to kiss her as he wants to. He needs her so bad, so desperately, but if this goes on, he may not get a hold of himself again. So, the right thing to do is to stop. The last thing he'll do in this life is to hurt her.

Iris, however, seems to have other plans. "Everyone's probably asleep by now...", she pants, "Crow's nest?"

Oh, the look on Zoro's face. Her suggestion resonates like the lewdest of promises in his mind, and he barely contains a groan, "You sure?"

Iris's nod sent another shipment of those addicting jitters through his body. With no warning, he takes Iris bridestyle and fast paces towards the street. She chuckles, amused with Zoro's enthusiasm. He, in turn, has his eyes fixed on the Sunny's top, visible from where they are. There was no way in hell he is losing himself tonight.

At least not in the geographical sense.

--------------

I can't convey in words how long this has taken me. I'm trying to get into the smuty stuff. Next chapter for sure. Don't judge it too harshly though, it's my first.

Anyway, fun facts:

- Vákla = asshole in greek.

- Jasmine is a Persian name meaning "gift from god", which goes hand in hand with the whole angel theme.

- Not so fun yet I feel like it's good to know: I was thinking that the bouquet could be of Iris flowers, for obvious reasons. However, a quick Google search warned me that those are extremely poisonous. So, just a piece of advise. Don't die.

- Zoro can have my babies.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

9.2K 378 14
"Ocean blue eyes looking in mine, I feel like I might sink and drown and die." A simple girl, daughter of a pirate captain, meets the future "...
139K 3.6K 35
*.✧✿⊰⊹ฺ "I'm a pirate," he simply said. She didn't break her gaze. Rather, she deadpanned. "Of course, you're a pirate, Roronoa Zoro. Everyone knows...
267 14 11
There are encounters with a big impact on your life. There are people who will touch your heart. And there is "history" you cannot erase and which wi...