fools » lee donghyuck (SLOW U...

By delightkyun

when a misunderstanding costs two people the friendship they spent years building, it'd be hard to get them t... More

please read
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51

45

315 15 2
By delightkyun

༊*·˚ fools
⚠️mention of alcohol⚠️

hyerin came straight home after her therapy session and myunghee facetimed her for a couple of hours then after that she got ready for the party later about one hour before necessary because she was holding a pre-drinks at her place since her parents were out. dongmin and kiya both showed up as well. in fact they were the ones who'd brought the alcohol.

"shots first?"

"you know you probably shouldn't be drinking a lot before we even get there because of how much of a lightweight you are," dongmin pointed out.

"yes, father." she rolled her eyes and downed the shot.

hyerin did the same followed by dongmin and kiya. after that, they drank some gin.

thirty minutes more of messing around and taking pictures, they set off in dongmin's car. by the time they arrived it was eleven and the party was just warming up.

"look who arrived at the same time as us," myunghee pointed out.

hyerin followed her line of sight to see jeno, jaemin, renjun and donghyuck walking through the front door.

"this seems like it's going to be a pretty interesting night," kiya mumbled as they got out the car.

hyerin had an uneasy feeling. she couldn't tell if it was because of the last few days or because of the alcohol she'd had already. she hadn't been used to drinking different alcohol so this was a start.

twenty minutes in and kiya and myunghee had split from the other two but hyerin had pleaded for dongmin not to leave her alone so they went into the kitchen to grab a drink and snacks instead. the alcohol selection was crazy - he had everything and different brands of each so he'd easily spent a good amount of money on drinks alone. then again, everyone at this school had money so it wasn't an issue.

"you alright?"

she snatched a quick glance at dongmin to make sure he was talking to her before reaching for a cup. "yeah, what makes you ask that?"

"you seem different."

"i'm fine. just tired," she answered.

it wasn't a lie but it also wasn't the whole truth.

"which one of these do you want to try first?"

"give me whatever you're having."

she didn't even know what he'd poured her but it wasn't a good taste and the face she pulled after having a sip made him laugh.

"okay give it to me and get yourself something else."

she handed him her cup and lamely just got water instead then they left the kitchen and headed back to where everyone was. myunghee and kiya were in a corner talking so they joined.

"what's that?"

before dongmin could answer, myunghee snatched the cup from his hand and took a sip then another and handed it back to him.

"kiya and i are going to dance then probably catch some fresh air," she announced yelling so she could be heard over the music.

they left then dongmin went to talk with someone from the basketball team and the conversation was getting too long for hyerin so she excused herself to go to the bathroom.

she had no idea if there was one downstairs and she couldn't find hyunjin to ask where the bathroom and she was getting desperate so she knocked on all the doors and opened them until she got to the bathroom then locked herself inside.

after opening the door she collided into someone who was about to knock and when she looked up she was met with the familiar kind eyes and smile that belonged to jaemin.

"hey."

she smiled. "hi."

"sorry, i was going to knock because i need to go."

she apologised and stepped out of the way.

"wait there, though," he requested before closing the door on himself.

she was confused but didn't say anything.

when jaemin came back, they walked downstairs together and made it the door leading outside until he was stopped by someone who wanted to catch up. from the window, hyeirn could see kiya and myunghee together so she tapped jaemin and pointed to her friends and he nodded so she left and went to sit with them.

they were both giggling and being touchy with each other which made hyerin chuckle.

all they had to do at this point was confess to each other.

"hi! where did you go?"

"to the bathroom," she answered.

"i should probably go," kiya confessed.

"me too. but when we go inside we'll go together," myunghee spoke.

the girls sat with each other for another five minutes basically gossiping and giggling and it was clear who was tipsy and who wasn't.

"oh!"

that made hyerin jump.

"i heard this rumour that junmin is coming back."

hyerin's smile dropped and her stomach fell.

"what do you mean come back?" kiya asked.

"like, to our school. i heard someone say they saw him and his dad at the principal's office today."

suddenly, hyerin's ears started to ring again.

her nightmares were coming true.

he was going to haunt her and her life was going to become hell seeing him every day and-

"rin, are you there?"

she snapped out of the thoughts she was having. "yeah, i was just thinking about something."

myunghee was too tipsy to see that hyerin was lying so she let it slide.

"i'm going to speak to someone inside, i'll catch you guys later. stay safe," she said then headed back inside.

the ringing was continuing and amazing it was becoming louder than the booming music coming through the sounding system. she slipped her way through the crowd and went into the kitchen where it was less busy and scanned her alcohol options before picking a random one because she had no idea what any of them tasted like.

"hey, rin."

it was jeno.

"hey, jeno."

he picked up a cup and poured himself some drink she couldn't tell what it was.

he looked over at what she was pouring herself and did a double take when he saw what it was so he placed hid bottle down and checked the alcohol percentage on her drink to make sure he was right.

"hyerin, this drink has a lot of alcohol."

"oh," she mumbled, "it's okay." she continued pouring and he watched her blinking and concerned.

"hyerin, look at me."

she put the bottle down and faced him with a smile and a glimmer in her eyes.

"are you okay?"

that question coming from everyone was slowly starting to get annoying.

"yes, jeno, i'm perfectly fine."

he wasn't 100% convinced but he walked away after giving her a pat on the head.

she downed that glass of alcohol like a shot as soon as he turned his back and poured another one even though the taste was foul she kind of liked the sensation she was getting.

the ringing in her ears had gone but the palms of her hands were sweaty so every couple of seconds she was wiping them on her jeans.

even after three drinks she was still conscious but she could tell she was slowly slipping away. in way it scared her but she also missed this feeling.

a while later, she went to grab water so she could hydrate herself but it was pretty useless because she went to get two more drinks after that and from that point onwards she was beyond tipsy and on the edge of being drunk. she was doing a good job of hiding it however, but there were certain people that knew how she was while drunk and knew what she was doing.

renjun, jeno, jaemin and donghyuck were those people.

while in the kitchen, someone grabbed her by the shoulder and spun her around, snatching the cup from her hand and setting it down.

"what the fu-"

that tanned skin, dark eyes and neatly styled chocolate coloured hair could only be donghyuck.

"what are you doing?"

"you're drunk, hyerin," he snapped.

he sounded mad.

"okay? since when is that your problem?" she tried to shake his arm off her. "let go of me!" she pushed him by the chest.

his hand fell back to his side.

"it becomes my problem because you're on your own and you have no idea where your friends are and you can barely stand straight," he spoke. "now let's get you home."

"you're not my dad! don't tell me what to do," she warned.

"hyerin-" his tone lowered.

"fuck you, donghyuck. leave me alone." she stormed off.

<3
uh oh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.9K 57
❝ I needed to lose him to find me.❞ I guess highschool's it-couple didn't have the perfect relationship like they thought. Two years after their brea...
484K 25.2K 85
❝I seriously hate your guts,❞ ❝The question is, can i rearrange yours?❞ * ༉‧₊˚ | in which two stubborn assholes are expected to work together throu...
19.4K 463 26
Two completely different people, who fell in love but life always tore them apart. One fight and mistake led to another sad memory. How will they cle...
293K 13.4K 27
Two rivals on a blind date who end up fake dating. Classic.