The EXCHANGE

By Candy215

Welcome to the E.X.C.H.A.N.G.E. here on planet Xen the people are much like you on Earth, but they have anima... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 8

9 4 0
By Candy215

It had been a week or so after we returned from Sector 2. When I wake up, I am in my bed. I get up to look around the house to see who is asleep. I come out to see daddy and momma watching the news they looked like they slept hard. I jumped when the television started talking, 'This morning five ships came back carrying Military officials from earth. The Program was badly wounded and asks you to follow any orders that the military ask of you.' That was when they stood up and rushed around gathering suitcases. "Gather the kids while I get their clothes." I walk over to momma; I make grabby hands to her when the door has a loud knock on it. "Open up we are the American Special forces here to take the author and language professor Willow Becca Lloyd in your care."

Daddy shook as he opens the door. "Please hand the child over we will be deciding what to do with the children once we have gone through testing." I was pulled out of their hands, "Momma!" Momma stops them, "Wait she needs me! I can't let my pup go without me." They handed me to a military officer these people were not only big and large but dressed in black suits. "Of course, you are not the only mother who requested to come along." She grabs a bag full of our clothes and a cooler of food for us. She follows the men who hold on to me as a few older kids meet in the lobby with their parents. They lead us out to the school where Zander was standing with other adults. He noticed me and walks over to us. "Are you alright?" he asked momma as she nods.

I was put in my class room where the suited men and women stood at the door as Zander stood at the door, I couldn't help but cry. A woman picks me up, "Poor thing we are going as fast as we can, but there are so many of you." Zander pulls out his rocking chair, "Come here kids I'll read a story." We all cram ourselves onto the rocking chair the door opened and Ms. Gold rushed in with her own students. We spent most of the morning in the room as a doctor comes in with a team of nurses. "Alright, let's get these kids ready before we decide. We are stripped into nothing, but our pull-ups.

The doctor takes two of us at a time and into the next room Momma saw me and rushed over, "Oh sweetie!" The doctor welcomed the parents into the room as they hook us up. "Alright, Ms. Lloyd can you tell me what you see in this book?" I look at the children's book before me and read the page. Momma clapped her hands, "Good job baby." The doctor looked at my brain reading, "Alright, now then Ms. Lloyd read what is on this page. I scan the page out of a Korean text-book. I read it off for him as writes down some more information. "Good, now Ms. Lloyd I want you to tell me all the numbers you read here in Japanese." I look across the row. He points to the first number, "Ichi, ni, san, yon, go, rokyu, nana, hatchi, kyu, ju." He nods as I follow the rest of the numbers. By time I read through the little test he handed me a phone. "I want you to talk to the person on the other side and answer all the questions."

I nod as momma took the phone, "What are you giving my daughter this might hurt her." After calming her down he hands me the phone. "Hello, what's your emergency?" I look at the doctor, he handed me a paper; "Yes I need help." The woman and I go through the lines for twenty minutes. The doctor showed me a screen which could only be seen by me I look at the incident and watch a horrible wreck. "Alright sweetie what do you see on the screen that the doctor is hold?" I explain the picture to the woman as we wrap up, she hangs up and the doctor write some notes down.

"Alright looks like you are done Ms. Lloyd. We are going to be return soon." I was picked up by momma who held me close. I had to stay on the hospital bed as a nurse brings me lunch. "Here you are dear." I look at the soup and apple slices before me. Momma hand it back to the nurse. "I packed her a lunch thank you." I watch her open a jar of meat leather. The nurse looked uneasy, "We were told that the children must be put on a light diet of soup and the apples to give them some vitamins they need." She smelled the food, "What is this soup even made of?" the nurse smiles: "Mostly a chicken broth some soups were a tomato soup too." Momma looked displeased.

I watched as they fight for a few minutes, I eat my apples and drink the broth when a black suited guard comes in. "Alright, the doctors want all the toddlers to use the restroom so they can see the waste they are excreting." Momma hand me a sippy cup as the sweet juice runs down my throat, I realized that this was Happy Juice I had been pouring out into the sink at school. "Honey drink up so we can go home." I sadly sucked it down and let it affect me. However, the doctors started notice that the students started to act like children. "Doctor what are you doing we check all the children." "They are acting differently they even act more scared than before around us and cling to their parents." They looked at me who momma went to get a toilet set up for. The nurse and the doctor rounded the table. "I thought I only gave them the soup and apples." I hand them my cup. "Sweetie what did your mommy pack you to drink?"

I opened my mouth and started to sing to the stupid juice commercial. "Happy Juice?" they took out my cup as momma comes back in. "Okay are you ready to go potty?" I nod as we walk out. They seemed to have found the thing they were looking for when we returned. Momma helps me lay down for a nap only to be taken to the commander of this program. "Mr. President, we brought the girl who helped us figure out why the adults were acting like children and why she went from adult to little girl in five minutes. I see the president who was looking over all the children and the families. "Have we found a way to return them?" "Sir, there is no way to return them to their age they once were. We did find that this juice is what makes them act like children." I noticed that the police division here sent their military to invade. Momma looked pleased. "We ask you all to return the children to their parent and for you to enter your ships and return to earth we know that you are not skilled in our technology yet and it would be a lost cause.

I was taken to a room where I was under lock down the Governments returned to earth and Momma seemed pleased. The paper talked about how Earth was threating to come when they were ready. They ignore the news as a knock comes on the door, "Oh Principal Huntsman, what brings you into our home today?" I look over to the man who had bear ears and sat down. "We need to talk about your daughter entering into kindergarten next year." I look at the man whose dark skin reminded me of dark chocolate. "Is this her?" My parents nod and hand me over to him, "Hmm...Zander was telling us that these kids were different from the other." I did an odd series of test for him only for him to keep marking the clipboard. "Well once she goes through Preschool, she will enter the all-girls class like you asked which is filled with other girl students like her, but we have been thinking about mixing the students in elementary so that it's not such a shock."

Daddy seemed angry by that, "No my princess must take the girls only classes." The principal looks over, "You are not the only father to become upset that their daughter would be in a co-ed class." I sit under the table, "I already have a plan for this problem, and they have to enter the co-ed class in the fifth grade that way they are ready for working and studying with normal students. They went on and on he finally left as mommy cleans the house with me following her every move. Momma stopped and looked through the kitchen, "Oh sweetie we're all out of your food and happy juice." She writes on a slip of paper the items we need as she gets me dress when I'm done, she takes me out of the house and go shopping.

We gather up random items into the basket and she stops by the candy aisle, where it's filled Halloween candy. I was in heaven as I looked over all the bags; I was such a chocoholic when I still lived on earth. I haven't had chocolate in forever! I grab the first bag of chocolate and hand it over to momma. "Sweetie do you like bricks?" that must be the name of the chocolate here. She puts three bags in the basket as she walks us over to the check out. We finish as the omega type took our things to the apartment while she took me to the second floor. It was like a mall filled with stores and restaurants. I am pulled into a store that read: Pinks; Dolls and Gowns.

I see a woman talking to a customer as I see where momma buys all my clothes, and there next to the woman was Jill who noticed me right away. "Esther!" she rushed over and grabbed me as I was shocked the two women talking stopped as one woman was embarrassed and another who was holding an infant came over to us. "Victoria: I see you brought your daughter today." Momma looked at her, "What was that Becca? You are the only girl in our class who married last, can hardly afford the clothes here, and has only one child which was adopted." Momma was on fire; the woman who was embarrassed walked over. "Luna: I'm sorry my customer is being rude, but would you like to look at our selections today?"

Momma looked back at the woman. "Faith; let us look over the costumes you've set up for the earth festival." Faith or Jill's momma ran out all her customers and brought over all the costumes for children my age. "This year we have quite the selection of earth movie characters." I tried on many weird costumes until momma picked out a familiar white and checkered blue dress. "Oh, my goodness; look how cute this is." I was put in the dress as Faith put the famous red glitter shoes on. "She's so cute I'm sure we could make our own version and this little one would make the cutest actress ever." Momma and Faith talked as the dress was rang up. Jill put me in the spring line of clothes. "Alright sweetie let's go." I was changed back and taken back to the apartment.

We find everyone eating junk food and watching what I guess is sports. "Hi, honey; we returned and are now ready to set up for the Halloween ball." I was excited they must have a huge party. "Fine let's go to the party room." I am left with Butch as he and the others watch the game. I am board as they yell at the screen. I go grab my dress up things and start putting them on my brothers. I hand them each a plastic tea cup as I host a tea party. By time the game finished they noticed I dressed them in crowns, feather boas, and bead necklaces.

Butch and the others look at me, "Esther you have yet again surprised me." I smile as the door opens as momma and daddy walked into the house. They laugh as they look over my creation. "Alright kids: tomorrow is Halloween and we need to set up the house for the occasion." She sets me in a gated off toddler pen while everyone works to put up the decorations. I was given a Halloween coloring sheet. Once they finished everyone talked about how tomorrow they would be dressing up and talking about the goodies. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 3.3K 10
Book 4 of The Claimed Series Lena and Webb planned a life together. When Lena's mate passed after a short courtship, Webb had taken it upon himself...
1.3K 87 13
Werewolves exist, but none of that sparkly vampire bullshit. In this world, we are divided into two categories, human, and wolf. Wolves are divided i...
401 16 25
*under editing* what if vampires and werewolves were real and acted just like us well that's Noah's and Evan's life. People say that Noah's differe...
5.7K 193 22
Welcome to another story of mine called Stranger's Like Me. In the years of 1300's and beyond there were always tales of people having the powers of...