Silver Lining in the Clouds (...

By piloxofia

Anjel Delo Santos, a Lasallian, craved affection from her parents. It wasn't easy getting it. She had to be b... More

Silver Lining in the Clouds (Erudite Series # 2)
Simula
Kapitulo 1
Kapitulo 2
Kapitulo 3
Kapitulo 4
Kapitulo 5
Kapitulo 6
Kapitulo 7
Kapitulo 8
Kapitulo 9
Kapitulo 10
Kapitulo 11
Kapitulo 12
Kapitulo 13
Kapitulo 14
Kapitulo 15
Kapitulo 16
Kapitulo 17
Kapitulo 18
Kapitulo 19
Kapitulo 20
Kapitulo 21
Kapitulo 22
Kapitulo 24
Kapitulo 25
Kapitulo 26
Kapitulo 27
Kapitulo 28
Kapitulo 29
Kapitulo 30
Wakas
Liham
Espesiyal na Kapitulo

Kapitulo 23

5.2K 96 12
By piloxofia

"It's a good thing we're early,"

River held my hand as we got into the National Museum of Fine Arts. We'll go to the History one later since we know how much people wait for the Fine Arts one.

"I know, didn't realize there'd be this many people in the afternoon." Ani River habang papalapit kami sa napakalaking painting na unang makikita pagpasok.

"This is huge. I thought it'd be... as big as Amorsolo's paintings." I said while examining the texture of the painting. There were lines, indicating this painting had been folded already.

"I wonder why there are lines," si River habang pinagmamasdan niya ang kabuuan ng larawan. 

"This won in the Madrid Exposition of Fine Arts,"

"Yeah, learned that in..."

"History," pagpapatuloy ko ng sinasabi niya.

It was the only class we had together ever. We both remembered. The worth of this painting to the Philippines is immense. I understood why. Besides the awards it received, it's timeless. For me, it depicted reality in every era. Sadly, dilemmas never stopped. A person's selfishness usually wins in a nation, may it be in a subtle or bold way.

"By the master painter, Juan Luna, brother of Antonio Luna."

"I remember the film, Heneral Luna."

"Do you like that film?"

"I do, I think it was powerful. I like the cast."

"I didn't like it that much, I felt like the whole perspective was endearing, or in a way, kinder towards Antonio Luna."

"Really?"

"Based on my understanding of Antonio's personality, that's what I think. But it was appreciated by many."

"Including me, the patriotism seemed strong, I liked it."

"What I liked about that was the ending, how they put Juan's painting on top of Antonio's death. I think that was... profound."

"Oh, that's my favorite scene! The tragedy was masked by art. The truth was masked by guns. Very powerful."

I took a photo of the Spoliarium and walked with River to look at the other galleries. I was especially excited about Fernando Amorsolo's paintings. In senior high kasi, I learned about Goethe's Color Triangle. My class in senior high always incorporated that triangle into every painting we were learning about, including Fernando Amorsolo's. And Amorsolo's paintings were always my favorite. His style of painting was realism, I was fascinated.

"Did you know that this place used to be the legislative building of the country?"

"Whoa, really?" I asked, quite shocked by River's words. "Yeah, that's why the design looks similar to the Malacañang,"

We walked to the gallery of Rizal as some people moved too.

"Do you know that Rizal was also an artist?" while I was staring at a painting of Rizal's sister, River suddenly whispered to me.

"Really? I thought he was just a writer," I looked at River in awe as he pointed at a sculpture of an unknown man.

"He did that. Bust of Ricardo Carnicero," I walked towards the sculpture and scrutinized it.

Thinking about Jose Rizal's capabilities, I guess it wasn't surprising to know that he knows how to make art as well. He's a doctor, scientist, writer, an illustrado, and polyglot. Rizal is fucking a prodigy. People like him must have so much in there heads. But they're still capable of thinking clearly.

"He also made this, Oyang Dapitana." River said when we moved to see other artworks. "He's... so gifted."

A few more galleries were seen before we reached the mural that was created by Carlo Francisco. It was big and a summary of what Manila had been through since the invasion of the Spaniards. Literally, history is squeezed on three walls.

"Can you stand there?" River took out his phone and pointed to the space in between the chairs. "Okay,"

I looked up front since I knew he was taking a photo of me. I let him, ako rin naman—kinuhaan ko siya kanina sa Rizal gallery. He knew a lot when we were in that gallery, it was fun to know what he knew. Engrossed pa 'yong itsura niya habang nagkukuwento, e. Adorable archer.

After an hour, we went to the National Museum of History. At first, we were going to go to Anthropology as well, but we figured we'd be too tired to finish all three in one day. After all, each museum was an enormous building and needed a ton of energy.

"Okay, here's a fact I'm sure you don't know." Sabi ko kay River nung makarating kami sa gallery ni Lolong, the once biggest caught crocodile in the world.

"Enlighten my brain, my Anghel."

"Some research says Philippine female eagles kill the male eagles once they're not interested to mate with them inside a cage,"

"Huh? Kill? Wala man lang breakup or ghosting phase? Patay talaga?"

Natawa ako sa sinabi ni River at napailing.

"They're also bigger than male eagles,"

"Damn, hirap naman maging eagle. If nagkamali ka, patay agad."

"But that doesn't always happen,"

"How do you know that, Anghel?"

"My Dad's a biologist, he's obsessed with animals apart from cells."

We continued to walk until we saw a fake submarine in the third gallery we entered. Then, River spoke to me.

"My Papa naman, he works as a consultant in an international bank. He wanted me to take accountancy or business so that I could secure a job that was in line with his."

I didn't comment, hinayaan ko lang siyang magkuwento.

"Sometimes it's crazy to me how Mama and he fell in love when they're... so different."

I saw a huge fish on a glass as we continued to walk to the next gallery.

"Love is weird, Anghel. Sometimes it's unbelievable that two people feel it when they can't even explain what it is."

I nod and looked at the people around us. They were also taking photos and conversing with each other. Maraming nagde-date here, seems like a famous spot for couples talaga pala.

"Papa always seemed to be someone who didn't care about others' feelings, or maybe that was only what I thought. Besides, he was only ever harsh towards me."

I caressed his hand as I dragged him.

"When I look at you, it seems like I'm compensated for all the hurt. Like an angel finally flapped its wings to save me,"

"I disagree. Hindi ako ang nagdala sa 'yo ng kailangan mo, ikaw rin. You're passionate and hardworking. I think the heavens only show opportunities, they don't move you to do something. It's still all on you."

He smiled after what I said. And this particular grin looked calm, looked content. Maybe it was. Maybe he was.

"Libre kita ng street food later," saad ko bago kami tumungo sa huling gallery.

This date was probably topped all of our dates. Sharing knowledge was fun. Sharing River's past with me was heartwarming. Feeling ko, human diary na namin ang isa't isa dahil sa openness namin sa isa't isa. Also, we never had to censor anything from each other. It made me feel good. I never realized that speaking without inhibitions was this good for the mind.

Marami pa rin akong tanong sa utak ko. Lahat iyon connected sa parents ko. I don't know when those would be answered, but with River always being with me, those questions appeared to bother me less.

Archer, you're so powerful for making me this vulnerable only to you.

Soon, River and I walked out to find street food. There were a ton, like super talaga. Every way you looked, vendors were cooking and selling cheap food. When River and I chose which vendor we'd buy from, binigyan na kami ng cups. I put two tokneneng on River's cup.

"Which sauce do you want? 'Yong spicy or 'yong sweet?" I asked as other customers began to buy too.

"Spicy," he answered, so I poured the spicy sauce into his cup.

The vendor put four pieces of fishball in my cup. Naglagay ako ng sweet sauce naman.

"You want softdrinks?" tanong ko nang matapos kong lunukin ang unang fishball na kinain. "Okay, I'll buy na. Which do you want?"

"I want Sprite," he nods and moves to another vendor, one who had a cooler with him.

Inubos ko ang kinakain ko at bumili pa ng apat na piraso. Pinadagdagan ko rin ang cup ni River ng dalawa pang tokneneng. Habang niluluto iyon, bumalik si River na may hawak na bukas na Sprite.

"I'll hold your cup," alok niya bago ibigay ang inumin. I nod and drank while staring at him.

"Do you still want to stroll in Intramuros?" my date asked me when we finished eating. "I'm tired na, next time na lang, please?"

"Okay, I'll take you home." He held out his hand and pulled me to where he parked. I didn't remember, actually. I was just following him in every direction.

"Can we eat dinner at your place? Pa-deliver?" tanong ko habang sinusuot ang seatbelt. "Okay, what do you have in mind? Chinese, Japanese, European food?"

"I want European, French, para maiba naman kinakain natin." Sagot ko nang buksan niya na ang engine ng kotse niya.

"Oh, French, huh? Alright, you'll get your French," his tone was teasing, but I didn't get why. I literally just answered his question; ano 'to?

"What?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you say French in a weird way?"

"I didn't,"

"Yeah, you did. What's with French? You have a funny memory ba or something?"

"No, I just..."

"Ano nga?"

"Basta, yeah, I have a funny memory. Nung nagpunta ako ng France,"

"Seriously, what's up with French ba?"

"Nothing. Stop bugging me, miss ganda, I'm driving."

"Well, sorry."

Ayaw niya pa aminin. Ano ba kasi 'yon? May hidden meaning kasi talaga 'yong pagsabi niya ng French, I know it does. Phyllis is often like that when she teases me. Halatang-halata na, ayaw pa aminin ni River.

"Riv," tawag ko sa kanya nung makapasok na kami sa condo niya. "What?" natatawa niyang saad nung hinila niya ako papunta sa elevator.

"What's with French nga?" he pressed the floor of his unit and smirked at me. Hindi talaga aamin!

"I'm going home," I said whilst pouting. He chuckled and pinched my cheek.

Even though I said that I still followed him to his unit. I was even the first to enter his place. I faced him quickly after he locked his door.

"Sabihin mo na,"

I crossed my arms and waited.

Being in the dark, especially when something was funny, is something I dislike.

"Fine," he stepped closer to me and held my waist. "I was... thinking of... French kisses for dinner."

My mouth opened. I tried not to smile but to hell with it! I was smiling at River's thought!

"See? It's funny," aniya habang ibinababa ang niya ang ulo niya para bigyan ng halik ang aking pisngi.

"I want food, not kissing." He squeezed-hugged me as I groaned. "Okay, I'll check if there's anything good online. Sit on the couch muna,"

Nagpalit ng damit si River habang tinitignan ko ang photos namin together. We had one in the car and a few in the museum. Mas marami ang kuha ko sa mga art pieces na nakita ko, also the fossils and artifacts. I posted one on my Instagram story.

Ngayon ko lang nakita ang side ni River na... parang nerdy. It was a good sight. I feel like he watched a ton of history channels when he was growing up.

"I found one, but it's going to take an hour at most for the food to come." Sabi ni River nang makalabas mula sa kuwarto niya.

His butt was protruding again. The last time I saw this... Nevermind.

"I'm hungry na, e. Can we get fast food na lang para mas quick?" I answered before putting a pillow on my thighs.

"Okay, which one?"

"Wendy's na lang,"

"Pili ka here what you want,"

Ibinigay niya ang phone niya sa akin at nag-scroll ako sa menu. Then, he chose his own order. I asked him how much mine would be so that I can send it to him later. Ubos na 'yong cash ko, e. I can't pay him now.

"It's on me na, you paid for my street foods kanina."

"That was cheap lang, e,"

"Not like this is the first time,"

I pouted and let him pay. I was used to him paying for my food or anything when we had dates. But I didn't want to make him think I didn't have a conscience. It wasn't humane to let him always pay.

"And, you paid for my dinner when you cooked for me a few day ago—patas lang tayo," dagdag niya bago tumayo at tumungo sa kanyang kusina.

I stood up and went to his keyboard. I pressed some keys until River came to me. "You want to try?" tanong niya habang isinasaksak ang cord ng keyboard sa outlet.

"Teach me," we sat down as he turned on the instrument. Sabi niya may corresponding letters 'yong bawat key, like a guitar, the chords.

I didn't really know what he meant because I'd never touched a guitar in my whole life. He explained in a technical manner, so I was lost for a bit. But I kept on nodding because hearing him outsmart me in music was cool and a little sexy.

"Try this," he positioned my fingers to a certain key that had... a letter as its name. But I wasn't understanding well, naaakit ako ng labi niya, e.

"Continue that tune until your fingers get used to it, press lightly." I nodded and followed what he taught me.

It was a melody I didn't hear before, maybe just something he made up because I wanted to learn. After a few minutes, he suddenly jumped in and played too. His long fingers were playing the main beat, I suppose. I sounded like the base of what we were playing, like a supporting tune in the background.

Nang sabihin ko sa kanyang maupo na kami sa couch niya, natawa siya at sumang-ayon. Nangalay na kasi 'yong back ko. I wanted to let it rest na.

"Tell me a weird experience you had with a fan," I muttered when River sat beside me because I couldn't think of any other topic. I feel like we know everything about each other.

"A girl once asked me if she could wipe my sweat after playing and keep the towel I had."

"But isn't that normal?"

I have seen other players have those kind of fans before, so I thought even he was used to it by now.

"It's weird as hell for me. But maybe a weirder one might be when a person asked me to... choke them."

"What? Someone said, 'choke me' to you?"

"They said... 'choke me, mister Alexander.' Creeped me out."

"That is weird and creepy. Why would someone want to be choked?"

"I started receiving some weird DMs like that choke thing months ago, so I didn't use socmed that much na."

"Parang ang restricting pala maging sikat. Everything you do is so visible, and people want to... talk to you palagi."

"When you become known for your intellect, you'd probably experience this."

"Probably... It's sort of discouraging,"

River laughed and held my hand.

"It's alright, you can always keep your accounts private. Or you can deactivate, life seems calmer without social media anyway."

"But it's where I usually get updated with the news,"

"I guess so... Then, rant to me na lang. Don't deactivate, let your frustrations out through talking to me."

"I like this talk,"

He smirked and played with my hair. "I like you talking,"

Nung magle-lean in na siya para halikan ako, tumunog ang kanyang doorbell. It was probably our food. I stalked River and waited as River opened the door gradually.

Pag-awang ng pinto, I saw an old woman and Maeve.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 6.6K 48
Nick & Van Even if we ended up apart, at least, for a while... you were mine.
197K 11.8K 31
"You're mine Pinky. Makipaghiwalay ka man sa akin ngayon pero sa akin pa rin ang balik mo.." -- Cedric Dalawang taon ng hiwalay si Pinky sa kanyang e...
2.1K 278 61
hamartia vida series one. semi-epistolary | ongoing. 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢...
2.8M 103K 72
She's a servant of the church with pure and innocent heart. He's a badass tattooed man. An Atheist. Will their different beliefs become a hindrance t...