can't have it all - gavi and...

By hihihihihiihihjh

julia diaz lives with her best friend, mia, in barcelona. after previously getting broken up with, mia takes... More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen

one

4K 38 42
By hihihihihiihihjh

"alright." mia, my best friend and roommate, said while opening up the curtains. my room was instantly filled with light for the first time in a week. "you can't live like this. you've got to get up."

"i can, my life is over." i groaned into my pillow, lifting my blanket over my head. "who even invited you in here? my door was locked."

"i invited myself and used the spare key." she chuckled. "come on." she pulled my comforter off of my bed and onto the floor, grabbing my arms and pulling me out of bed.

"mia stop! i just want to sleep." i tried to push myself away but it only resulted in me falling on the floor. i crawled over to the comforter and curled up in it once more, not having the energy to pick myself off the floor.

"julia, i'm serious."

"if i get up, will you stop?" i gave in.

"yes."

"fine." i scrambled to my feet and walked through my apartment and into the kitchen.

i've lived in my bed for the past week, only getting up for the occasional snack and a nightly shower.

"you need to stop thinking about him, he's not worth any of your emotions. his loss." she followed me.

"it's hard to stop thinking of someone that's been a part of my life for the past 11 months. we were just about to hit our one year." i looked down, wanting out of this conversation and to go back to my room. i would've carried out that plan but mia grabbed my hand.

"nope, you're not avoiding this conversation again. we need to talk about it. it might make you feel better."

"what's there to talk about? he broke up with me."

"as your best friend, i can't lie to you. your relationship with diego was too toxic. breaking up was a good thing in my book."

"we weren't toxic." i crossed my arms, sitting on one of the stools we had around our kitchen island.

"yes you were. you had no freedom, and he literally looked through your phone multiple times." she said. "not to mention, a new fight every day."

"that might have happened but our relationship was good. i wouldn't have stayed with him that long."

"you just don't want to admit it."

"i don't want to argue about this mia." i put my head down on the cold, marble counter.

"i'm sorry. i just don't like how he treated you. he's such a dick."

"i know. you've said that so many times."

"well, i have a surprise." she sounded excited.

"you know i don't like surprises." i lifted my head.

"you'll like this one, trust me." she smiled extremely wide.

"what is it?"

"i was thinking about how badly you needed to get your mind off diego so... i got us tickets to a barcelona game! front row!"

"you're the barca fan, not me!" i laughed. i was more into watching the premier league. i never watched la liga unless mia had it on.

"well i'm hoping that it'll clear your mind and convert you. double kill."

-

we had a whole girls night, dedicated to a post-break up glow up. i can't say it didn't work, because it did. after all of that, and getting ready for the game, i felt pretty for the first time since everything happened.

"you're so cute." mia said, squeezing my cheeks.

"bro chill." i slapped her hands away from me. "never do that again please." we both laughed.

i pulled a lewandowski jersey that i borrowed from mia over my head and paired it with some ripped jeans. i kept my hair natural because i think it looks best that way and applied light makeup.

"do you think ferran will play today?" she said, putting her ferran torres jersey on. i swear she's had a crush on him for like, ever! she's never even met him before though.

"i don't know." i smiled.

"whatever. come on, i want to get there early, maybe i'll be able to see him, or hopefully meet him." she crossed her fingers and dragged me out to the car.

"i'll drive." i offered. "you'll probably forget to focus on the road because you're too excited to get there."

"you're right. if i drove we definitely would not be safe.

our apartment was super close to camp nou so we got there quickly. mia started to run over to where security was, trying to get us inside even quicker.

"if you run, your still going to have to wait for me." i reminded her and she slowed to a walk.

"ugh."

we passed security easily and walked to our seats. the stadium was filling up fast as the teams started to warm up on the field.

"oh my god." mia squealed. "i see ferran, he looks so fine."

"which one is he again?" i joked.

"shut up! you know who he is." she punched my arm. "the insanely hot one!"

-

mia was screaming in my ear. i think she burst my ear drum.

"DID YOU SEE THAT? FERRAN JUST SCORED! OH MY GOD! I THINK I'M GOING TO PASS OUT."

"mia, calm down." i glared at her, putting my hand up to my ear.

the score was 1-0 and it was a bit into the second half. one of the people on the team had been sent off with a red card. mia said that his name was pedri or something like that. i didn't know him since i don't watch this team often.

"i'm going to go get drinks. do you want anything?"

"yeah, a pepsi please!"

"okay, i'll be right back."

i climbed up the stairs and inside. i circled around a few times, trying to find where they sold drinks but i ended up finding it like 10 minutes later. the line was quite long but i had no other choice than to wait. i wasn't really feeling like dying of thirst today. i stopped to stand in the line but someone bumped into me.

"watch were you're going next time." i mumbled.

"what did you say?" the man turned around. he was wearing a whole barcelona kit, socks and everything.

"i didn't mean to say that out loud. my bad." he looked mad and i didn't want him to blow up on me.

"i'm just kidding." he changed his angry expression to a smile. "sorry for bumping into you. i wasn't paying attention."

"it's alright." i smiled back.

"let me buy your drink. as an apology."

"it's no big deal, really."

"i want to."

"okay, be my guest." i laughed. these prices were insane, if he wanted to buy it for me, i was going to let him.

"so what's your name?"

"i'm julia diaz. what's yours?"

"pedro. i'm surprised you don't already know me."

"am i supposed to?"

"no, just most people here know who i am."

i didn't know what he meant by that so i let it go and moved forward in the line.

"which team are you supporting?" he leaned against a wall we were next to.

"neither, my friend brought me here. i'm more of a prem league kind of girl."

"i'm taking that as an insult." he said, causing me to laugh.

"well, if i had to choose, probably barca."

"good choice."

we moved up again in line and it was finally our turn to order.

"what can i get for you?" the older woman who was working the concessions asked. pedro turned to face me, silently asking what i wanted.

"oh, can i please get two pepsi's please?"

"and a water." pedro added.

she handed us our drinks and pedro handed her cash.

"keep the change." he said when she went to give him his money back.

we walked away and towards where mia and i sat.

"it was nice to meet you julia." he smiled.

"nice to meet you too, pedro. thanks for the drinks."

i turned to walk away but i felt his warm hand grab my wrist, spinning me back around to face him.

"is there anyway i can get your number? or give you mine? i actually don't have my phone with me right now."

"yeah, sure." i smiled and pulled out my phone. i opened up my contacts app and handed him it, waiting for him to put his number in.

"text me." he said.

"i will." i smiled and walked back to my seat.

"what took you so long?" mia asked while i handed her the drink. "thanks, by the way."

"long line and it took a while to find. i also ran into this guy, he paid for our drinks." i smiled thinking about it.

"who's this mystery man? does he have a name? and is he cute?"

"he said his name was pedro. he was surprised i didn't know who he was. but yeah, he was cute, he was dressed in a whole barca kit."

"no way." her eyes widened.

"what?"

"you just met pedri!" she squealed. "please tell me you got his number!"

"i did, who's pedri?"

"oh my god! i told you this earlier! the one that got the red card."

"that was him? what the." a surprised expression grew over my face.

"yes! but now that you have his number. please tell him to give ferran mine."

"yeah right." i joked.

"pleaseeeeee." she begged.

"i'll think about it."

-

we got home and ate dinner. i took a shower before i hopped into bed and went on my phone. one notification from instagram stood out to me, it read:

*pedri is now following you*

i followed him back and opened up my contacts to look for his number. i texted him right once i found it.

hey, it's julia.

hey! i was starting to
think you wouldn't text me.

i'm always true to my word.

thank god.

i didn't know you played
for barca.

i do.

i stayed up so late, listening to music and texting pedri. i asked him about his team and what it was like. he asked me about myself and we got to know each other more. i yawned and checked the time, not realizing how late it had gotten so quickly.

i really enjoyed talking
to you today.

i enjoyed talking to you
too.

it's super late, i'm going to
go to bed.

wait, before you do...

what?

do you want to go out to
dinner with me and two of
my friends tomorrow? you
can bring someone if you want.

yeah, of course. what time?

7ish? i'll pick you and your
friend up if you want.

okay, yeah. my address is ***.

perfect, i'll see you
tomorrow. goodnight :)

goodnight pedri :)

mia was right, today did take my mind off of diego.

-

first chapter of my new fanfic! hope you guys enjoy this! i'll probably update a little less than i did on my other book but i'll still try to get a chapter out whenever i can! any ideas or constructive criticism is appreciated!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 210 39
In which Andrea González, sister of a famous footballer Pedri González, falls in love with her brothers best friend
115K 2.3K 38
"Do we really hate each other?" she asked me. Oh my, she is so beautiful. "No, I don't think so." I replied and she giggled.
39.6K 519 59
Maddy Birlem is an American college student. When her best friend finds a model job in an Spanish company she travels with her to help her move out...
1.9K 92 9
"Is this the end?" "No mi amor, it's not even close to that" They say you never fully get over your first love, that apart of your heart will always...