Get Out Of Gotham / Harley Qu...

By QueerWritingsOnly

Third book in the Harley Quinn x reader series. The other two are on my page! More

About This Story
Chapter One: Surprisingly, We Didn't Die
Chapter Three: All I Have is Questions
Chapter Four: Typical
Chapter Five: Boo
Chapter Six: Creepy af
Chapter Seven: Contact
Chapter Eight: A.R.G.U.S.
Chapter Nine: Guess Who
Chapter Ten: Even
Chapter Eleven: Secrets
Chapter Twelve: An Unlikely Duo
This Isn't Fight Club

Chapter Two: Don't you dare be dead

902 39 8
By QueerWritingsOnly

Cass pulls her tear stained face away from my neck to look around.

"What the hell?" She whispers, looking down.

And just like that, we're dropping again. I wrap myself around Cass, so that hopefully I'll soften her fall. I hit the ground with a sharp cry. Fortunately, Cass lands on top of me. She rolls off of me quickly and jumps up.

"Y/n!" She grabs my shoulders, "Don't be dead."

"Not dead." I mutter without opening my eyes.

I might not be dead, but I do have to give myself a second for my bones to snap back into place. Sometimes I really hate this whole self-healing thing. I take a deep breath, which slowly becomes less painful.

"We have to go." Cass grabs my hand.

"One second." I say weakly,

"No, we have to go!" Cass says again, "Look!"

The desperation in her voice makes me open my eyes. A group of people in tactical gear are sweeping the building. They're sure to spot us any minute. Cass pulls me to my feet, and runs, as I stumble, away from what was my apartment building. Another limping figure staggers towards us. Harley. Thank God, or whatever. My body had healed itself enough so that I could run to her. I stop in front of her, just so happy she's standing in front of me.

And then she slaps me, "Are you insane?"

I frown and look back at her, but I can't be mad. I would be hella pissed too if she had been the one to jump off a building.

Then she kisses me, "Don't ever do that again."

"Yes ma'am." I smile down at her, and she kisses me again.

"Guys." Cass says, "We're still not out of this. Kiss later."

"We can take those guys." Harley's mad woman smile returns and she swings her bat over her shoulder.

"No." I say firmly, "We can't risk it. We're getting out of here."

"Fine." Harley purses her lips unhappily.

"Where's Baby?" I ask,

Harley raises her hand.

"Over there." Cass pointed towards the parking lot.

Harley pouts, but follows Cass and I as we run towards my beautiful darling, Baby, the motorcycle Harley and Cass got me. I glance over my shoulder, hoping we haven't been spotted yet. It looks like we're clear. For now. Harley reaches Baby first, stopping to look back at me.

"Cass, get on first." I say, helping her on, then hold my hand out for Harley, "Harley."

"What about you?" Harley says, waiting for me to hop on.

I step backwards.

"Y/n no." Cass says, "Get on."

"There's not enough room." I point out the obvious, "Get somewhere safe. I'll find you."

"You're not coming?" Harley asks.

"I'll find you." I say again.

"Y/n no." Harley gets off and grabs my hands.

"They're not after you." I say, quietly so that Cass can't hear, "They're after me."

Harley shakes her head desperately, "Please just get on with us."

I bring her hands up to my lips, and kiss her knuckles, "If I stay with you... they won't stop coming for me. I have to take care of this. I have to. But I can't do that if my girls aren't safe."

Harley nods. I tuck a stray hair behind her ear. She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me down for another kiss.

"I love you." I say,

"I love you too." She says, climbing onto my motorcycle in front of Cass, "Don't be a hero."

I smirk, "You can count on that."

I watch her speed off, feeling better knowing she is safe. Now I can do what I need to do. I run, far enough from the apartment to give myself some time. Finding a telephone booth, I dial Flag's number again.

He picks up immediately, "Ace are you-"

"Fuck you Flag, I trusted you." I snarl.

"What do you mean, I-"

"Cut the bullshit. If you come after me or Harley again, I will find you, and I will kill you."

"I didn't-" He starts again,

I cut him off again by hanging up the phone. I don't have time to stick around anyway. Someone is bound to see me soon.

*********************************************************************

Harley's POV

Cass clungs to Harley. Neither of them spoke, but they were both wondering the same thing. Harley looked over their shoulder for the millionth time. No one had followed them. She fixed her eyes in front of her again, and slammed on the brakes. Another motorcycle was racing towards them. She cursed under her breath. Two figures in black dropped from above onto the road in front of them. Harley was about to run over them, when they pulled down their hoods.

"Montoya?" Harley said in disbelief.

"Harley." Montoya hurried towards them, enveloping them both in a hug, "We saw Ace's place on the news."
"You came for us?" Harley was actually touched.

"Of course." Canary stepped forward.

"What happened to Ace?" Montoya asked,

"She's ok." Harley said,

"We don't know that." Cass said quietly.

"She said she had something to take care of." Harley explained.

"Where are you headed now?" Huntress asked,

Harley shrugged, "Nowhere."

"Come with us." Canary said, "For now."

It's not like Harley had anywhere else to take them, so she agreed. Besides, it would be better to stay with the Birds until Ace came back. Maybe they could help find her. She and Harley got back on Baby and followed Huntress's motorcycle.

They rode through a part of Gotham Harley had never been through before. The city faded into a beautiful, green countryside. After following one winding, hidden road for quite some time, they stopped at a gate. A stone wall hid wherever they were from view. Huntress got off and scanned something on her wrist. The gate opened soundlessly. Huntress motioned for Harley to follow on foot. They followed, their jaws dropping as they looked around. In front of them was the first mansion either of them had seen. It looked a little rundown, but it was still intimidating. They walked across a stone pathway through an immaculate garden to the front door.

Huntress held the door and ushered them inside, "Welcome to the Bertinelli Family Home."

"Damn." Cass looked up at the grand staircase in awe.

"This was your family's?" Harley asked,

"Until some crooks stole it." Huntress said.

"We reclaimed it after... ya know." Canary came in behind them.

"Didn't her entire family die here?" Harley whispered to Canary.

Apparently Harley wasn't very good at whispering, according to Huntress' face. Canary pursed her lips, but didn't respond. Harley tried to ignore her psychology degree - which was telling her that this was probably something Huntress needed to unpack - so that she could just enjoy this amazing place.

"It still needs work." Montoya put her hands on her hips and looked around, "But it's a good start."

"So this is your secret lair?" Cass plopped down on a perfect white couch, feeling right at home.

"Not secret anymore." Canary rolled her eyes, "And get off that couch. It's worth more than you and you're covered in ashes."

"Ouch." Cass's face scrunched up.

"Hey, you won't be complaining once you see the showers." Montoya added,

"Does that mean I get a room?" Cass jumped up.

"There's a few guest bedrooms upstairs." Montoya smirked,

"Oh hell yeah." Cass ran upstairs.

Harley chuckled.

"So..." Montoya grew serious with Cass gone, "Ace?"

Harley shrugged, trying to stop the heat her eyes from betraying her, "I don't know."

"We'll find her." Huntress said.

Harley nodded, "Yeah..."

"Your girlfriend is a badass. I'm sure she's fine." Montoya assured her. "Wait, you are still dating right?"

"Yeah." Harley laughed.

"So what happened?"

"There's a lot to catch you guys up on." Harley admitted.

Author's Note: not me lowkey forgetting that I published the first chapter and was supposed to update last week. Oop. Anyway, I'll post another chapter today to make up for it. ❤️🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 112 22
This is your last chance, This is your last time, Cause you and i We were born to Die
10.6K 417 35
Third and Final Book. Read Suicide Squad: Gotham and Suicide Squad: Fugitives. Following the events of the last book, the team has gone silent for a...
970K 19K 194
Hi guys it's Beb aka jaredstartedajoke on Instagram. So I decided to write Joker x Reader one shots!! Requests are open. *This book contains explicit...
28.8K 844 19
These characters are based off of Harley quinn and joker from suicide squad Disclaimer I do not own Harley Quinn or joker I only own their actions