Β°β—‹ππžπ­π«π¨π­π‘πžπβ—‹Β°α΅ƒα΅’βΏα΅˜βΏα΅

By lxvelxce

The Sully family had been on the run. The sky people have returned and they can't afford to endanger the Omat... More

01|| The Offering
02|| Hi'itsamsiyu
04|| Fights and amends
05||Darkness and Light
06|| Delivery
07|| Bonfire
08|| Ma Eywa
09|| Away from him
10|| The Final Stretch
011|| The Last Night
12|| Bonded
13|| A New Home
14|| Seizures
15|| Surprises
16|| Family Visitation
17|| The Beginning Of The End
18|| The Final Battle
19|| A Brother
20|| Two Pieces of the Same Broken Shell
Epilogue

03|| Healing and Ilu's

25.5K 628 437
By lxvelxce

CHAPTER 3

I awoke to the sound of Kiri groaning in dismay. The sun had only just made it's appearance as she untangled herself from the pile of limbs around us. My eyes watched her as she slowly got up and walked to the dock. Her feet dipped into the water as she slumped. I followed her pursuit as I moved Tuk's head from my shoulder, and Neteyam's wrist from my stomach. They mumbled in their sleep as they settled once again. The dock creaked slightly as I lowered myself to sit next to her.

"What's wrong tsmuke?" I asked. Her head dropped to my shoulder, hair brushed my neck as I reached a hand up and caressed the side of her face.

"I miss the forest...I miss grandmother, and I miss you." She heaved.

"What do you mean you miss me?" I said, slightly looking down at her.

"Well, you have Tsahìk training, you'll see us less and less. Then you'll have to marry, which will take time" I nodded along at her words, she was right, the only moment's I would see my family would be early mornings, and nights.

"It's the price I have to pay to keep you safe" I say. Her brows furrow and she sits straight, removing her head from the crook of my neck.

"But you shouldn't have to! You would have been the mighty Tsahìk of our people!, a great leader, a mateless leader, just like you wanted." She argued. She was too young to understand, all I could do is try my best to make her understand.

"Ma Kiri...It's not all about me-"

"Be selfish for once A'nityra!" She huffed, she was on the brink of yelling as she abruptly stood and dove into the water. A water mount swam to her and she dove out of sight. My heart twisted, we had never gotten into a disagreement like this, it was always about stupid things, like which colour looked better, or if we should go on an Ikran ride at night. I closed my eyes, remembering that she didn't know any better. I let out a final breath of air as I stood. I grabbed the container of herbs and pastes as I exited our marui. Mother and father still slept peacefully with three of their children. I gave them one final look before I turned the other way.

Ronal had been waiting along the beach various pastes and containers spread out around her.

"A'nityra" She nodded.

"Ronal" I returned the favour, sitting next to her.

"The warriors are up ahead, injuries can be anywhere between a simple graze and an unconscious body, you have to be prepared. They hunted Akula today." I hummed in agreement. In the near distance warriors sitting atop mounts flew towards us. Many men and women had suffered an injury, thankfully most where minor.

I felt overwhelmed as bodies where rushed towards us with great speed. It was bustling chaos as the uninjured dragged a humongous animal onto shore. I quickly sprung into action, I treated those with minor injuries as Ronal did those with more serious wounds. She barked orders that I followed. Pastes where thrown between us as I continued to smear them on warriors. I moved between ten soldiers as Ronal did the same. After my job was done I went to assist her. No one was unconscious, however a large gash spread across one mans stomach. Ronal began to mutter as I carefully disinfected around the wound. Allowing her to work quickly. I stepped back after I had done all I can. The man howled in pain scrunching his nose in agony, I could do nothing but watch as he was slowly treated.

I turned my head to see Tonowari heaving the beast with three other men. I went to aid him quickly. Rope wrapped around the akula as he tugged, dragging it, I joined quickly. We all leaned back using our body to tug the beast out of the water. My teeth clenched in focus, I had barely noticed that Aonung had joined, pulling on the other side of his father. My stomach clenched, using all of my muscles, and with one final pull the creature sprang from the water and onto the sand. The warriors cheered in victory as they tiredly wiped the sweat off of their foreheads.

I left the scene to check on the progress of the healing Metkayina. I went to each of them, one by one as I quickly assessed them again, making sure not one injury was left behind.

"A'nityra!" Ronal yelled. My head snapped in her direction as she beckoned me over.

"You and my son will carry this warrior down to his marui, we cannot treat him on sand." There was no room for argument as she called over her son. I wrapped my arms around the man's shoulders as Aonung held his legs. It was silent except for his small directions. Ronal followed us as we eventually placed the body in his home. We stood awkwardly next to one another as we where faced by his mother.

"This wound is beyond what I have taught you. You may start learning with my son now." She said. Waving us out of the marui. He harshly held my wrist, dragging me along the shore. His friends laughed at my desperate attempts. My other hand circled around his tail as I tugged harshly, he let go of me and yelled out.

"What was that for!" He hissed. I hissed back, rubbing my wrist, it was turning purple as it became agitated.

"Is this how you treat your future Olo'ekytan?!" He sneered.

"Is this how you treat your future Tsahìk?" I respond smugly. He scoffed at me and held my wrist once more. It was looser than before, but still tight. He let go once we where secluded, no one was around as he led me into the water.

"What are you doing? Are you going to drown me?" I ask, trying to alleviate some tension. He sighs and rolls his eyes.

"I am not as cruel as you think" he mumbles.

"Then why do you act like it?" I say. For once he responds calmly.

"Because I have expectations I have to meet, you wouldn't understand."

I scoff as he looks at me.

"You are the eldest of two, soon to be three. I am the eldest of five. My father was Toruk Makto and my grandmother was the Tsahìk before my mother, he led the Na'vi to victory against the sky people. And I had to follow in his footsteps. I had to sacrifice myself so they where safe. You have no idea Aonung." I said frustrated. His expectations where futile against mine, and he knew it. He looked to the ground in embarrassment. I took this opportunity to circle him in the water. My predatory gaze looked all over his body. His tail was shorter, but thicker. He had fin like extensions on his wrist and forearms, his skin was lighter, aquamarine, even the patterns where different.

"What are you looking at" He huffed, watching my interested expression.

"The difference of our bodies, obviously." I state. Picking up his tail and quickly dropping it. His trapezoid's where large and on an angle. I ran a hand along one of his patterns on his back then quickly extracted my hand. Once I had stopped he begun to circle me. As if we where taking turns. His eyes where different too. They where larger, and blue. Unlike the gold of mine. His hand stroked my tail as he observed my clothes, made of the forest.

"Your hair is straight, your tail is long and thin and your skin..." he muttered to himself, dragging a hand along my back. I involuntarily shivered. His hand was cold compared to the warmth of my skin, the temperature clashing. Once finished he made an animalistic sound, I jolted at the sudden noise. A creature begun to twirl around us as it clicked and squeaked happily.

"These are Ilu" he said.

I frowned.

"I don't need one, I have Haikili" I said. He tilted his head in confusion as I mad a bird like squawk. I repeated until the orange Ikran flew over. She responded with her own call as she perched nearby. Ikrans hate water. I nodded over to her as Aonung sighed in frustration.

"If you want to live here. You must ride"

The ilu's head poked out of water as he spoke. I had to admit, they where cute creatures. I looked at Haikili and nodded her away. Her wings sprung up air as she soared away from us.

"Do they bond for life like Ikran?" I ask running a hand along the water, keeping my distance from the Ilu.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you choose them, or do they choose their rider. Or are they like Ikran, both." I say. If the process is anything like taming Haikili I had to be wary.

"How do you tame an Ikran" He asks, confused what I'm comparing it to.

"You climb the floating mountains to their sanctuary, then you find one that chooses you"

"How do you know if they've chosen"

"The Ikran will try to kill you" I say. His eyes widen in surprise.

"Ilu are harmless creatures, they bond with any rider who wishes to ride, but they usually have a favourite rider they stick to." He said. Trying to sound reassuring.

"Oh" I mumbled getting closer to the Ilu, I'm still wary as it stares up at me in curiosity.

"He likes you" Aonung says. He gently moves my hand to pat along the Ilu's head. It rolls over in the water as it rushes into me, nuzzling its head into my stomach.

"He really likes you" He chuckles quietly. I freeze for a moment. We where actually getting along. I clear my throat quickly and continue to slide my hand along the Ilu.

"To ride it is quite simple, let's hope you are better than your brothers" He said, picking me up by the waist and plopping me onto the saddle. I let out a squeal of surprise as his hands contacted my skin. My heart pumped quickly as I slowly calmed it down with deep breaths. I nervously adjusted myself on the saddle as he watched my movements. He guided my wrists to the top of the saddle where my hands wrapped around the bar. He swam around and picked up one of the antenna.

"Make the tsaheylu" He confirms. I slowly connected our queue's as my eyes widened. My pupils dilated as I breathed heavily up and down.

"Feel his breath, feel his strength" He said softly.

"Tell him where to go"

I wrap my hands around the top of the saddle and tell the Ilu to move forward slowly. We glide against the surface of the water easily as we swim in large circles. I held in a deep breath as I tell him to dive. They change is quick as he flew downwards, I gripped onto the saddle like my life depended on it as my legs flew out behind me. I yell through the link to slow down and resurface. Once he does I'm drenched in water and slightly shaking.

"It cannot be that hard to hold on!" I exclaim flicking my hair out of my face. He laughs at my struggles as we glide his way.

"You need to bend your legs"

I do as he says and he tuts to himself.

"Not like that" he says. Grabbing ahold of my upper thigh with one arm and my ankle with the other. He slowly moves it in the correct position as I slightly blush at our closeness. He does the same to the other leg.

"Now try" he says.

I once again dive with my Ilu and it becomes a lot less difficult I resurface and smile, patting the Ilu on his head.

"That's a good boy" I praise him. He lets out a quick chirp as he rolls underwater, with me on him. I fly off as I swim upwards. Aonung laughs boyishly as braids cover my eyes. I huff as I swim towards him.

"Ha skxawng" he laughs. I ignore him and walk back onto the sand. I heard him behind me as I started running, I was quick and light footed.

"Hey!" He angrily puffed, realising I was leaving him behind. He chased after me but was no match in speed. I saw Tsireya picking up underwater rocks in the distance as I dived into the water. I must've forgotten that I was slower the Aonung as I felt an arm circle my waist and drag me under the surface.

 I let out playful squeal as Tsireya laughed at our antics. I slapped his arms as a joke at first but they became more serious as we went deeper and my need for oxygen burned. He thought I was joking as I had been before. I quickly turned in his arms so we where chest to chest. His smile turned into a frown as I slapped his shoulder and pointed upwards. I began to cough underwater as his swam upwards. I felt myself fading in and out as I saw us getting closer to the surface. Just as he sprung out of water I let out a final cough before I let my vision turn black.

[Word Meanings]

Tsmuke = Sister

Words: 2217

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 194 27
After losing Neytiri in the battle against the Sky People Jake has to cope with his 4 kids. Jake is soon to be forced to move with his family to a vi...
59.6K 1.4K 15
A girl from the ometkyina clan has to escape with her family to the reef people. Everyone finds them weird and strange but this one boy catches her h...
148K 5.5K 93
Jake Sully and his family have relocated to the Metkayina clan, hoping to escape Colonel Miles Quaritch's avatar recom team. They arrive, yet one ind...
185K 5.7K 47
After fleeing from their home in an attempt to find safety the Sully family arrive at the Metakayina clan's territory in search of asylum. Tsamera is...