A Bunny And A Spider

By adognumber1

What if a runaway experimental spider bit a poor quirkless boy? What if instead of the symbol of peace a much... More

ice cream and a chance meeting

a blessing in disguse

56 1 0
By adognumber1

It was a hard day for izuku midoriya, with only 6 words his world was destroyed. "Sorry kid it's not gonna happen." Too make it worse when he looked for help from his only source of warmth in this dark crushing hour, his own mom cried. "I'm sorry Izuku!"

It was now midnight, his poor little eyes were red and irritated from all the crying. He desperately wanted to be a hero, to be his mom's hero. So he defied his need for sleep and snuck out of bed.

"Maybe some water will help." Izuku sniffed.

He walked out into the living room and discovered something that broke his little heart even more...if that was even possible.

It was his mom, she was sleeping on the couch, a laptop that she used for work was on the coffee table.

"Mama?" Izuku whispered in confusion, after all the woman never slept out in the living room before. He walked over and saw the laptop screen was still on.

So he went to close it but the words on the search bar caught his eye.

So he tried to read it out, by whispering the sounds that the letters make like they taught him in school.

"Can. Your. Body. Get. A quirk. If. You. Have. An. Extra. Joint. In. Your. Pinke. Toe, oh..."

He was sad that he made his mom worry all because he wasn't normal.

'remember what miss aki said in school. sometimes when you're hoping for help, try praying, if nothing else it will calm your nerves'

So the boy nodded and lightly smacked his cheeks in re-determination 'right! for mama!' He quietly...closed the laptop and went back to his room and grabbed his all might blanket. Then went and covered his mom up and kissed her forehead and whispered.

"Don't worry anymore mama, i'll be a hero and protect you."

And he then ran back to his room and dragged his desk chair out to climb the desk and open the bedroom window.

"Phew, okay maybe the angels will hear me better out here, after all phones work better outside!"

The young boy closed his hands like the prayers he saw his classmate Shiro did when they ate in the playground.

"Ex-excuse me mr angel. My name is Izuku, Izuku Midoriya. I know i probably don't deserve this, but i heard your boss can grant miracles sometimes if you've been good."

The four year old took a breath to steady his nerves. After steadying himself he continued.

"Can you ask him if i can get a quirk? It doesn't have to be something special like kachan or all might. I can work with anything, my mom needs to be protected. She's so special and has raised me all by herself, and all i do is go on about being a hero yet she listens all the same."

He chuckled in amazement at his mom's amazing and kind nature.

"I hope you can tell him i asked, love you goodnight."

The boy opened his eye's and looked at the stars for a moment.

He then noticed something out of the ordinary.

A single red spider was on his window sill. "Oh, hello!" The boy wasn't scared of spiders like most kids were, so he reached out and picked it up in his hands.

"You'll have to sleep in here tonight, the weather man said it would rain and that can hurt you being as small as you are."

The boy carried the arachnid over to his all might action figure.

"Here, all might will protect you until the sun rises. Don't worry he doesn't misunderstand people like us"

The spider then bit his hand.

"Ah! Ow, hey it's okay you don't need to be afraid. We all hurt the one's we love but what's important is that we still are there for each other. That's what my mama says."

He let the arachnid go and then went to his bed and said. "Goodnight spider, i love you."

The innocent boy thought that's what you say to everyone who you see when you went to sleep.

Izuku then drifted to sleep, unaware just how much this simple act of kindness would change the young boys life.

"IZUKU! GET UP SWEETIE YOU'LL BE LATE IF YOU DON'T!"

He opened his eyes with a yawn, got out of bed and after letting the spider back out and whispering. "Bye spider i love you."

He then ran down the hall and brushed his teeth and then went to eat breakfast.

"Morning sweetheart."

He smiled and said. "Morning mama!"

Before he could even react she snuck behind him and tied his blanket around his neck.

"Mama?" He asked in confusion to which she smiled and replied.

"Well You're gonna be a hero right? So gotta have a cape."

He smiled brightly at his mom, maybe his prayer had worked out after all.

After they ate breakfast he then went to school.

"Hey everybody! How are you all doing!"

Izuku brightly greeted the class, he had at least not told the school he was quirkless. Which would greatly help his ability to fit into the class.

"Hey deku! Get your quirk yet!?"

He smiled to hide his anxiety and replied. "Nope, but i have a feeling today's the day!"

His neighbor and friend Bakugo then said. "Ha! You say that every day nerd!"

That caused Izuku to blush as the class erupted into laughter.

"Alright everyone quiet and take your seats class is starting."

He followed miss Aki's orders and sat down, but something was wrong. He was sweating alot more then normal.

"It's probably nothing."

He had then re-focused on class and powered through it just like he thought All Might would.

It felt like hours had passed but when he looked at the clock it was only fifteen minutes.

"H-hey nerd are you okay?"

Kacchan had shown concern for Izuku, which is very rare at this point in their relationship.

Izuku tried to reassure his neighbor and friend.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm..."

But before he could finish Izuku fell over out of his desk.

"IZUKU!? HELP TEACHER!"

The blond wouldn't normally care about Izuku but even Katsuki wouldn't just leave someone who needed help, he wanted to be a hero after all.

"Oh my goodness, midoriya! Midoriya can you hear me?"

The teacher then felt the sweaty boys forehead and recoiled saying.

"I'm taking him to the nurse's office, stay here and stay calm."

After saying that she then scooped up the boy and ran to the nurse's office hoping and praying he would be ok.

[3 hours later]

"Ugh, what happened?"

The young boy sat up in his bed, confused.

"IZUKU!" Cried his mom, lunging for her son and holding him close.

"Mom? Where are we?" Asked the dazed boy.

"You're in the nurse's office sweetie. You had a spontaneous fever and we almost called 911 but thankfully your temp dropped rapidly after about thirty minutes."

His mom was crying again, and it was all his fault.

"Can i go back to class?" He asked his mom and the nurse.

"Are you sure you're feeling ok sweetie? We can go home if you want?"

Izuku smiled and said.

"I'm okay mama, no silly sickness can keep me down. HA HA HA!"

The mom chuckled at his All Might impression and said.

"Ok, but call me if you feel sick i'll come and save you right back ok?"

He nodded with a bright smile. Then he went to get up but something was wrong.

"Huh?" He raised his hands and the blanket was stuck too them.

He started shaking his hands trying to get it off, and it only got more and more desperate.

"Izuku sweetie what's wrong?"

He kept waving his hands in panic saying. "The blanket is stuck to my hands!"

Both his mom and the nurse grabbed the end of the blanket and said.

"Ok we are gonna get it off, 1, 2, 3!"

And they both yanked with all their combined might, however he came along with the blanket!

"Ahhhh!" He screamed as he was heading towards the wall some part of himself screamed *DANGER!!!* And in reflex he curled up and spun mid air.

*smack!*

But in absolute shock the mom and nurse let go when they saw him.

"Izuku! Sweetie open your eyes." The mom said soothingly to which he did, but what he saw surprised him.

"Huh???" He was looking down at them!

He looked at himself and was blown away by what he saw!

He was sticking to the wall with his feet!

"M-M-Mom! I'm sticking! I'm sticking!" The shouted in shock at first, but that shock quickly made way to joy.

"Mama! I have a quirk! I have a quirk! Look!" He cried out in joy and disbelief.

Inko Midoriya for her part feel to her knees letting loose a comical looking geyser of tears from her eye's screaming.

"My baby has a quirk!!!"

And the nurse was beyond confused at the events between the Midoriya's.

After eventually getting the boy down they called the quirk registry office and scheduled an appointment to get him analyzed, it was a very important thing to do as some quirks can be unstable or dangerous.

And so they left the school early to celebrate.

"How does some ice cream sound my little hero!"

Izuku perked up at that and said. "Can we go to the one in tatooine! They have All Might themed ice cream!"

The mother chuckled picking up her son saying. "Of course we can! But you gotta promise me something."

He nodded and said. "Anything!"

His mom smiled and said. "You have to take me for ice cream when they have Izuku flavor!"

Both mother and son walked off in pure joy and laughed as they embraced each other.

Author's notes

Boy howdy this is so exciting i have never wrote such a wholesome fic before! This is the start to a new series that stars izuku and mirko the bunny heroes! More is soon to follow stay tuned and a huge shout out to my beta Rose @R_Blossoms_art on Twitter she helped me with facts and grammar checks so thank you so much rose! Until next time mewa out~♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 9.4K 25
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
801K 18.2K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
502K 14.4K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
606K 21.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...