Love, Dad | Joe Cruz

Від LexiWrites200

Being a firefighter is a dangerous job. Everyone knows this, no more than the men and women who do the job. B... Більше

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: Three Months
Chapter 2: Candy Land
Chapter 3: The New Guy
Chapter 4: Pop The Question
Chapter 5: Say Yes
Chapter 6: Career Week
Chapter 8 PT1: Suspension
Chapter 8 PT2: Burning Couch
Chapter 9: A Drone Pilot
Chapter 10: Flash Back
Chapter 11: Firehouse 20
Chapter 12: Nick Porter
Chapter 13: A New Truck
Chapter 14: Gallo's Little Sister
Chapter 15: The First Letter
Chapter 16: Lily
Chapter 17: Double Digits
Chapter 18: Broken
Chapter 19: A Cruz-Allen Wedding
Chapter 20: Finale

Chapter 7: A Bully

1K 29 1
Від LexiWrites200

Tatiana was never a stranger to bullies. She's an easy target, a little too nice, easy to take advantage of, and a little too shy to stand up for herself. Though this year she has managed to avoid it so far. Sure she's only in her third month of school but no one has picked on her once. It could be a lot of things that stopped it but she didn't care. She was just thankful she didn't have anyone bothering her. Until now but ever since Halloween, it's been started again. She didn't want to tell Cruz. He's busy with the wedding and this week he has a big convention to show off the slamigan. She didn't want to bother him with it. Besides when her dad tried nothing ever worked.

Annabelle was out of school today for a doctor's appointment so Tati was stuck without her for recess. She has a couple of friends in her class but they'd seem to be avoiding her so she thought she'd just swing alone. Kenny ended up wanting her to push him on the swings. So that's what she decided to do since there was nothing else to do.

"Oh look at this Tatiana is playing with someone she's as smart as," Trisha says to her friends from a little over. Tati ignores her as she gives Kenny a big push and sits on the swing next to him.

"Here Ken watch me you have to kick your legs like this." She says kicking her legs and starting to swing. Kenny grins as he starts swinging on his own. "Good job dude."

"Pathetic her only friend is a first grader." Lena, a girl Tatia used to call her friend says laughing. Tatia says nothing, and Kenny doesn't seem to notice the girls. The bell rings alerting the end of recess.

"Okay now to stop just slide your feet on the dirt," Tatia says as she stops her swing and gets off. Kenny gets off his swing and hurries to where his class was lining up.

Tatia goes to where her teacher was calling the whole class and she gets in line. Trisha and Lena get in line behind her. Tati can hear them whispering and laughing behind her. She puts her hood up looking at her feet as she follows the class. One in the cafeteria the kids disperse. Some leave to grab their packed lunches, Tatia included. The rest of the kids get in line for school lunch.

Tatia grabs her lunch box and goes back to find a table. She finds an empty one and opens her lunch box. She pulls out the note that lies on top of the bagged-up food.

"Have a great day Mija! The firehouse will be waiting to hear all about it when you get there. I love you - Uncle Cruz."

A little heart was drawn beside his name. Tati smiles at it as Trisha and Lena come over. They look at the note in her hand before pulling it out of her hands.

"Give it back!" Tatia says glaring at them.

"Or what you'll go cry to your daddy? Oh, wait." Trisha says with fake sympathy.

"Don't talk about my dad. Just give me the note back Trish."

"Sure here it is." Trisha rips it in half before tossing it on the table. She laughs as she walks away with Lena.

Tatiana looks at the paper sighing she puts the two pieces in her pocket. She'll tape it up later. She begins eating her lunch in silence just waiting to get to the firehouse.

–––After School–––

Tatia hurries up the apron not stopping at the monument. Cruz looks down the apron at where she was marching up a bummed look on her face. Another thing to add to the things going wrong this week. Herrmann could be losing his command of 51, and Kelly is being transferred out of squad, not to mention the copycat slamigan. Tatia makes it to the squad table tossing her bag down beside the table.

"Mija what's wrong?"

"Bad day." She says plopping down on an empty chair.

"Yeah, that's been going around. What'll make it better?" Joe asks sitting up.

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Not even Ice cream. I think Gallo and Ritter grabbed some cookie dough." Cruz smiles at her.

"That might help. But won't Ritter be upset if we eat his ice cream?"

"How about we ask Ritter and Gallo if you can have some then," Joe suggests as he stands up.

"Yeah, " Tatia grins standing up. She follows him to the common room. They find Ritter and Gallo sitting at the small table. "Darren."

"Oh, she wants something," Mouch says looking back at Ritter.

"Can I have some of the cookie dough Ice cream you got today?"

"That's not mine it's actually, it's Gallo's," Ritter says to her. She looks at Gallo then at Cruz back at Gallo. She debates whether the ice cream is worth it or not. She doesn't like Gallo, she feels that he replaced her dad. She's avoided him like the plague. Being short to downright rude to him.

"Go ahead he won't bite," Joe says. She sighs before stepping closer to Gallo.

"Can I have some of your ice cream?"

"Yeah go ahead."

"Thank you," Tatia says before skipping her way into the kitchen.

"She hates me doesn't she,"  Gallo whispers to Ritter.

"You took her dad's spot. It might take a while for her to get used to you. Besides she hated me too." Ritter whispers looking over at Tati and Cruz.

"Why does it matter if she likes you or not anyway?" Ritters asks him. He shrugs not answering as Tatiana walks by with her bowl of ice cream.

"The way to her heart? Donuts." Mouch tells the younger man.

"You say that about everything." Ritters laughs.

"He's not wrong though," Herrmann says looking over at them.

"I rarely am."

––Next day after shift at the expo––

Tatiana didn't go to the Expo with Cruz. That was the original plan but Mouch said he'd give her a ride there since Joe was worrying about everything and seemed like he needed a minute to himself. So Mouch looped her in on the plan. After joe left they rounded up everyone who had yet to leave. And that's how she ended up standing between Mouch and ritter in a crowd of people. She couldn't even see the stage due to her short stature.

"I can't see." She whispers.

"I can put you on my shoulders." Gallo offers. She looks at him thinking for a moment before looking at Mouch. Mouch looks down at her and nods.

"Okay." Tatia nods. Ritter and Gallo switch places before Gallo puts his hands under her armpits and hoists her onto his shoulders.

"Better?"

"Yeah...  Thank you, Blake." Tatia smiles looking at where her Uncle stood. She looks at the stage looking at the tool in the man's hand. It looks almost the say as the slamigan except shinier

"The Halli-Hammer is a next-generation firefighting tool, an entirely new solution to your forcible entry problems." The man on stage says holding up the "Hallihammer".

"Not entirely new," Joe says loudly looking around. Tatia isn't sure how he missed her when turned in their direction.

"No longer will you need two pairs of hands to place and set a Halligan tool. Now one firefighter can do both jobs."

"Yeah, because the Slamigan already solved that problem!" He shouts through.

"Sir, please don't make me call security. You know what? Enough talk. Who wants to see the Halli-Hammer in action?"

"I'd like to see the original. The Slamigan." Emily says from the crowd making Cruz realize he's not alone

"All right, here we go. First, place the wedge between the door and the jamb."

"You might want to get a real
firefighter for that job."

"You stole that from my uncle!" Tati shouts from her place on Gallo's shoulders. Joe looks back at them and smiles.

"Uh, next, pull back on the hammer attachment and.." Cruz looks back at the stage just in time to see the Hallihammer break. "Technical difficulties."

"That's why the Slamigan uses drop-forged steel," Mouch yells through the crowd.

"Uh, Ron, could I get another demo model?" The man on stage says before Joe makes his move and goes toward the stage

"Here comes the Slamigan!" He announces.

"Uncle Cruz!" Tatia cheers as the rest of 51 cheers and claps. He goes to the practice door and cracks it open. 

"The Slamigan! Accept no substitutes! Now taking orders in booth 11-09! Right by the men's washroom! Follow me!" He marches off the stage with his 51 family and the crowd following.

"Can I get down now?" Tatia asks Gallo as they stand at the booth.

"Uh yeah."

"Here lean down." Ritter reaches up and pulls the nine-year-old from Gallo's shoulders.

"Thank you," Tatia says before going around the both and standing beside Cruz while he takes the orders.

"I think she's starting to like me," Gallo tells Ritter smiling.

"Or she tolerates you."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

138K 1.9K 45
Detective Logan Rayner, a 24 year old woman from Chicago, Illinois has been in the Special Crimes Unit at the 31st district for a year and a half wit...
8K 298 26
Things are going haywire in New York. Detective Olivia Benson is nowhere to be found and her team is scrambling around to find her before it's too la...
70K 3.2K 68
[ COMPLETE ] Riley Wolf is the newest member of Truck 81. After a rocky start at the firehouse she finally starts to feel like part of the family. T...
18.6K 624 29
Co-Writer: @BrooklynDaniels32 Alexa Hotchner worked in Quantico Virginia for almost 3 years as a Paramedic before the unspeakable murder of her mom...