Don't do something you'll Reg...

By abc1234657

This book dead!!!! CHILDHOOD FRIENDS - LOVERS Korra's best friend growing up in the water tribe was y/n. The... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 - Backstory "Good or Bad."
Chapter 2 - "Well this is awkward"
Chapter 3 - "You don't have to be a jerk"
Chapter 5 - "You do remember me!?"
Chapter 6 - "What is wrong with me?"
Chapter 7 - She is so confusing.
Chapter 8 - Still confused.
Chapter 9 - The first step

Chapter 4 - "She can play."

930 22 10
By abc1234657

Quick Recap: 

I head over to my bag to start packing up when I hear Bolin gloating to that girl. "One more win and we're in the championship tournament!"

His right, thank god.

This will all be over soo-

"So, what'd ya think, Korra? Bolin's got some moves, huh?"

what.

........................................................................................................................

I freeze. 

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

You have got to be kidding me.

I slow turn around. It can't really be her. 

surely i would have noticed.

smooth tanned skin, silky brown hair, full water tribe outfit, it's her alright.

She wouldn't come back for me.

Would she?

I thought she hated me. She must hate me.

wait. she doesn't know it's me. She tried to introduce herself and I shut her down. 

Oh God this can't be happening. 

i hate her. 

Right?

I'm supposed to hate her.

I can't. I just can't.

"Hey, are you good?" Mako snaps me back into reality. Before I can even answer Korra starts speaking. "You guys were incredible out there! Especially you, Mr. Hat Trick!" coldly Mako responds "Oh, you're still here?" I laugh enough for her to hear me. "Oh, you're still a jerk?" She says proudly.

She quickly changes the topic and starts talking more directly at bolin."I've been immersed in bending my entire life, but I never learned how to move like that! It's like there's a whole new style here! Think you could show me a few tricks?" She wouldn't even know about pro bending if it wasn't for me, yet she doesn't even recognise me. Bolin agrees then Mako speaks up. "Right now? Come on, Bolin." "Just ignore him. Yeah, I could show you the basics. But I've gotta admit I learn nearly everything from our amazing new coach here . Plus I'm just not sure how my earth bending would translate to your water bending, but we'll figure it out."

"Won't be a problem. I'm actually an earthbender." oh so were doing that trick again. Bolin looks kind of scared while desperately trying to save himself. "I'm sorry, no, no! I didn't mean to assume. 'Cause I, you know, I was just figuring with your Water Tribe getup that you are  a Water Tribe ... gal." Casually Korra continues the same speech that she would do when we were kids. "Nope, you're right. I'm a waterbender. And a firebender." 

"I'm very confused right now." Bolin says while Mako pieces it together. "You're the Avatar, and I'm an idiot."

"Both are true" 

"NO WAY. THE AVATAR" Bolin looks amazed. oh no, why are his eyes doing that. "Oh come on you gotta help train her with me" He starts dragging me down into the training room before I can even give him a proper answer. 

This is not going to be fun.

Korra's POV:

We walk in to the Gym I was in earlier when I got caught.

I do some earthbending and I absolutely smash it. Literally. 

"That was great! Good power! But in a real match, you'd be a sitting turtle duck." oh "Not so upright and flatfooted!" Bolin shows me a better way to do it and then I repeat it perfectly, if I do say so my self.  "Wow! Nice adjustment! You're a natural at this."

Mako says "not bad" Not bad? Are you kidding me? 

"What's it take to impress this guy?" I say accusingly.  

"I said "not bad". Much better than she mumbling over here" Mako says while point at the girl next to him who soon punched him on the shoulder.

"You know what, it's getting late. I think I'm gonna turn in. You kids have fun. Nice to meet you, Avatar Korra." The girl visibly tenses up when he says my name.

 Did i do something to her?

"Yeah, been a real pleasure." I say back "See ya upstairs, bro."  wait, what? "Upstairs? You guys live here?" I say "Yup. In the attic. We all do. It's nothin' fancy, but we have some great views!" Wow this guy is really positive.  "So, back to bending. Why don't you throw that combo one more time?" and fast to change the topic too.

As I follow his instructions, I can her the girl mumbling under her breath.

........................................................................................................................

The next day I go back to the pro bending arena, but when I get there Mako and Bolin Look defeated. "I didn't miss your match, did I? You guys look like you lost already." I say right before  they then explain that their team mate didn't show up. The referee walks in and says that is they can't find anyone soon that they were disqualified. " Well, there goes our shot at the tournament ... and the winnings." I asked why they can't get some guys from the other team to play  for them and they tell me it's "against the rules", how stupid is that. "Well, then how about me? I'm a top-notch waterbender, if I do say so myself."  Like they would turn me down, I'm The Avatar. "But, you're the Avatar. Isn't that cheating?" guess its the reason they're going to say no.  "It isn't cheating if I only do water bending." yeah, that could work. " No way, I'd rather forfeit than look like a fool out there." mako says. That guy really is a jerk "wow thanks for the vote of confidence" The referee comes back as the girl from yesterday enters the room putting her bag down. "Time's up. You in or out?" 

She looks confused 

"We're in!" I say

"We are? mako questions

"Yes!" bolin cheers

"Hey, I didn't agree to this!" mako says back 

"You can thank me later" I say with a proud smirk

"What the hell is going on!?" The girl says utterly confused about the situation 

I probably should of asked her first

oops?

Y/N POV:

"YOU DID WHAT!"

 I scream at Mako and Bolin, they deserve it. 

"Hey don't blame me, It was all Bo." Mako say putting his hands up like he was surrendering. "Hey!" Bolin shouts at mako before continuing his obvious excuse "Look, I didn't exactly say no, but I didn't say yes either." Bolin says clearly lying. I mean, he does realise that I was literally there when the referee came in right? "I'm not letting her on my team!" I shout. 

Right as Korra enters the room.

And now she's yelling too. "What is your problem with me!? You don't even know me!" after all those years, she really doesn't remember me? "Look it's nothing against you, I just can't let them loose this game." I say as nicely as possible. "You have a lot of faith in me, don't you?" she says sarcastically. I guess it didn't across the way i wanted it too. 

"Im not letting her on my team. That's final

And of course, nothing can ever go my way. So, thats when bolin decides to mention the one thing I did not want to hear today. "Y/n, if we don't play we wont be able to make the tournament and then Chief Beifong is going to punish you even more." He said it so nervously, terrified of what I would say back. But that is not what I am worrying about even in the slightest.

Korra's face changes at the mention of my name. 

She knows.

"wait, y/-" Korra begins say  before I cut her off.

"She can play."

Words: 1240  

I hope you guys all like this chapter. I love cliffhangers, so this was fun to write. If you guys have any ideas or suggestion please tell me. Have a great day and enjoy the book!   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 26.9K 56
A Zuko X Reader story. As always, I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N was an air bender, she was tasked with watch...
128K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
97.7K 2.3K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...
20.4K 894 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...