A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASE🥳

Chapter 11

3K 82 9
By sequinedsmile

Vincent's POV-

"Sir, the dress is here." Joe said.

"Ask Martha to give it to Eliza." I said.

"Your suit is also ready." He placed a box on my bed.

"Did you bring what I asked you to?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. It is in that blue bag." He pointed at a blue paper bag kept on my night stand.

"Okay, how much time do I have before wedding?" I asked.

"About a hour." He said.

"Fine. I'll be ready by then. Make sure Eliza is ready too. And ask the photographer to click some photos of us individually." I said.

"Okay." He left the room.

I fell down on my bed and I stared at the ceiling.

This wasn't something I had planned to happen. In fact if it was according to me, I wasn't even going to marry. But it is happening, whether I like it or not. I was hoping that Nigel could come up with another way out of this but my fate isn't in my support right now.

I looked to my side and saw my wedding suit hung up near the mirror. I had to get dressed but I didn't want to.

Today an unwanted relationship was going to start. A relationship which was built on nothing but mutual understanding and benefits.

If I were to tell my younger self that I was getting married to someone without love, I am pretty sure I'd punch my own self in the face.

I took in deep breath and released it, reminding myself that this was happening for my kids.

I got up and got ready. I stared at my own self in the mirror wearing a wedding suit.

I opened the dressing table drawer and took out the wedding rings. They were two simple platinum bands.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said.

Miles entered the room wearing his white suit.

"You do know that you are not the bride?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." He gave me a pointed look. "Do Hyeok we seem to have run into a problem."

"A problem as in?" I asked.

"A problem as in, them." He opened the door and my two younger brothers walked in.

"Why are you both here?" I asked.

"That's not the question. The question is have lost your god damn mind?" Archer asked.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"You are not excused. You are getting married without even telling us?" Roman folded his hands near his chest.

"How did you know that I getting married?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Ye Eun called in the morning about how excited she that her appa is getting married." Roman said.

Shit.

"Seriously Vincent? You are the one tells us not to make stupid decisions and now you are marrying someone without telling anyone about it." Archer accused.

"Listen to me, this is not what you think it is. There's a reason behind this." I said.

"What could possibly validate this?" Archer asked.

"Will you sit down a let me explain?" I said.

They both sat down and I told them about the situation. Their reactions were as same as Miles's, they both were angry.

It took me some time to calm them down and get them on board with the plans.

"Vincent," Martha's voice came from behind the door.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You need to come down. It's time." She said.

"Okay, I'll be there." I said.

"Well, let's go." Miles said.

"Wait, are sure that woman, who ever she is, is the right choice?" Roman asked.

Before I could answer, Miles said,

"I can guarantee that. She is really close to the kids and really fun to hang out with. You'll love her."

"Seriously?" Archer asked.

"A hundred percent. Now let's go and take our places down at the altar." Miles said.

"We'll see you down." Roman patted my shoulder and left the room.

I went down. The wedding was simple. It was going to happen in a field behind in our backyard. 

I walked down to the end of the backyard and opened the small gate separating our house and the golden fields. There was nothing but a small table at the middle with six to seven chairs in front. 

Miles was standing behind the table. Roman and Archer were sitting with Ye On. I walked towards the the table. I stood beside the table and placed the box of rings on it.

"Now the bride." Miles said and music started playing out of a speaker. 

"Seriously?" I questioned.

"This is to make it more believable for Yu Eun so, stop being the grinch and smile." He muttered. 

I put on my best fake smile and looked ahead of me. Yu Eun walked towards me wearing a faded green frock and wearing a flower crown on her head. She was throwing flower petals along the the path. Her face had the biggest smile on her face showcasing all her teeth. Martha walked behind her.

She came to the front and threw some petals on Archer and Roman. I chuckled. Roman tickled her put her on his lap. Then my attention went in front of me and the wind was knocked out of my lungs. Eliza walked towards me with a flower bouquet in her hand. 

I didn't know what was happening inside me. But something different was happening inside of me. Like my whole body was rearranging itself. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

As she slowly walked towards me my eyes tracked every movement. How her hair were flowing with the wind, the small smile on her face. How the wedding dress was fitting her perfectly.

My heart was racing and felt like it would jump out of my rib cage.  I felt nauseous but in a good way. I was awestruck by her. 

"Stopping looking at her like a love sick puppy. Everybody's here." Miles's brought me out of my trance.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said.

"Sure and I don't know that all four of us grew up with daddy issues." He muttered.

I glared at him.

Eliza came and stood in front of me. She was visibly nervous.

"Please hold each other's hand." Miles said.

I narrowed my eyes at him to held out my hands. Eliza timidly placed her hands in mine. They were slightly shaking. I don't know why I did it but I have her hands a reassuring squeeze. She looked at me with surprise in her eyes.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here to the union of two individuals in holy matrimony. My own brother Vincent Chae and someone who became a really good friend of mine in hardly a day, Eliza Ahn. They both are about to embark on a new journey of togetherness. Your marriage will be a lifelong promise to love, respect, trust, and honour each other through the good, the bad and the unexpected.

I believe you have prepared you vows. Eliza please start."

Eliza sucked in a breath.

"Vincent, I don't honestly don't know what to say right now. But I'll try my best. I met you not so long ago and along with you two of cutest and sweetest kids came into my life who are now the most important people of my life. All my life my hoped of having a simple beautiful wedding with my husband and you made it true so, thank you for that.

I promise if you grow weak, I'll be there to fight your battle standing beside you. If you have to carry the weight of the world in your shoulders, I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with you." She stopped and looked at the kids, a her smile grew. Yu Eun smiled back at her.

"I promise to love, care and be there for Yu Eun and Ye On for the rest of my life. No matter what happens I'll never let them go.

Today infront of everyone I promise to stay with you and the children forever and always. Taking the place as you wife I wish nothing but happiness for us."

She looked into my eyes. Something about her words felt really genuine like she meant it from the bottom of her heart.

I had to remind myself it isn't real. This is faux relationship.

"Vincent, go ahead with your vows." Miles said.

Seo Yeon's POV-

The moment I let my hand in his a strange spark went through my hands and body. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening.

The wedding was simplest ever. No decorations, no people except of Vincent's family and Martha. Miles was the officiant.

My wedding was beautiful to say the least. It was simple puffed long sleeved floor length dress with a v neck. My jewellery was only a pear earrings. My makeup was kept to minimal and hair was open.

Vincent was standing in front of me in a black and white wedding suit.

He looked like Vogue model.

At first I was really nervous but when Vincent gave my hands a small squeeze it felt comforting in a strange way. As if his touch was foreign enough for me the small hint to warmth in his behaviour towards me made my heart flutter.

Why? I don't know.
Do I want to know? Also no.

When Miles asked Vincent to give his vows I thought they'll be hardly any words what I didn't expect was that those few words would make me swoon over him.

"Eliza, I don't know how to saw say sweet words so I'll directly cut the chase. You came into our life and my kids finally had someone who was willing to actually care for them rather than think of this as just a job. As for me, I found someone I could trust, respect, love and treasure for the rest of my life.

So, on this day I promise to give you the best version of me each and every day. I promise to keep you happy and I promise to stay by your side for the rest of our lives."

This felt foreign and bizzare for me. Because my whole body was responding to these words by making me feel like I could fly to the moon.

The few people standing there clapped .

"That was truly beautiful. Your rings represent this promise to one another. The never ending symbol of an infinite, unbreakable love." Miles picked up the ring box.

"Wait!" Yu Eun screamed. She hopped off Roman's lap and ran towards us.

She had something in her hands. It was a small blue box with lace hot glued around it. She opened it and there were rings made out of leaves and flowers and they were beautiful. There was also a flower crown.

"Wear these. I made them for you. And appa keep this crown on Eliza's head." She said.

I smiled at her. She held out the box.

"Vincent, take this ring and place it on Eliza's finger. Repeat after me. I give you this ring as a symbol of the promise I made to you today."

I took the ring and slid it on his finger.

"Now Eliza, take this ring and place it on Vincent's finger. Repeat after me. Do Hyeok, I give you this ring as a symbol of the promise I made to you today."

I took one of the flower rings and put it on Vincent's finger and repeated Miles's words.

Then he placed the the flower crown on my head. 

The claps started again.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You make now kiss the bride." Miles said.

My smile froze. This was the part I dreaded the most. I stared up at Vincent. He looked at me. I was waiting for him to make a move. He placed a hand on my jaw and leaned forward. My heart hammered against my chest. I could feel in all over my body. He placed his lips on mine. It was just a kiss nothing big. I didn't move my lips nor did he. But the kiss was much longer than he expected.

The kiss was simple but electrifying. My insides melted.

The camera's flash made us break apart and aware of our surroundings.

"One, two, three." Lily whispered.

Martha nodded. Everybody looked around in confusion. Slowly petals started falling from the sky. Me and Vincent looked around. It was super beautiful.

For a moment I forgot what was actually happening.

"Mr. and Mrs. Chae, everybody!" Miles said..

That's right. I was Mrs. Chae now. Mother of two children. The wife of Do Hyeok Chae.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Until You By Lily Orevba

Historical Fiction

3.4M 191K 50
With her family bankrupt and the man she loved now married to another woman, Gretchen decides to move to London to fix what's left of her life. Retur...
30.1K 1.6K 50
Daisy has been a stripper all of her life against her wishes. With an annoyingly genius brother to take care of, she is ready to do whatever it takes...
199K 4.7K 45
Reverse grumpy x sunshine Kataleya Miller is an independent and not so social woman. She spends most of her nights drinking and isn't interested in...
583K 10.7K 73
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦 𝘈𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰�...