The Last Burden

By nashlycam23

"I hate you." Was all I could manage to say, given the fact that I was battling my emotions. I just lost all... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Epilogue 

Forty Two

121 8 1
By nashlycam23

Athena

"What? No hug? I thought you were excited to see me." Blake asked as he looked offended.

I stood there, completely frozen as Harry's hand only tightened around me. I could feel Harry's burning anger as he kept me close to him, determined to keep me as safe as possible.

"Not like this." I shook my head as my heart raced against my chest, hating how Lino was here in the same building as my brother.

Was Niall right about his theory? Why else would the Darrians be here right now? No, this isn't true.

"Wait you knew?" Zayn spat as everyone glanced over at me.

"Of course she knew. I was the one who told her to bring you all here. And I guess you guys were dumb enough to follow." Blake grinned evilly as I looked down shamefully, feeling everyone's stare burning into my skull.

"You f***ing knew they'd be here this whole time? How could you do this to us?!" Zayn was filled with rage as his hands clenched into fists.

"Zayn she's our enemy for crying out loud. Why wouldn't she do this?" Louis spoke up as Zayn clenched his jaw.

"You f***ing got Niall shot for this! I knew we should of never trusted you! If Lino doesn't f*** you to death, I'll f***ing kill you myself!" Zayn raised his voice as I flinched, feeling absolutely guilty.

"I'd shut that pie hole of yours if I were you. I got a pretty target lining right up your throat if you continue to threaten my sister." Blake sassed as Zayn clamped his mouth shut.

"You knew." Harry whispered only so that I could hear.

I stiffened as I felt his grip loosen on me, and then he released me completely, feeling betrayed by my own actions.

"Harry I'm so sorry-"

"Athena. Shut the f*** up and get over here now. These men don't deserve your apology. They've done nothing but torture you and use you to their own advantages." Blake demanded as I flinched once again.

I looked down at the floor, feeling completely defeated as I realized what I had done was wrong. I should of never brought them here. And it's my fault that they're all gonna die tonight.

"Athena." Blake growled, causing me to glance up at him before he snapped his fingers by his feet.

I then stepped towards him, refusing to look at the others as I stood beside his tall frame, keeping my head hung low.

"You guys are a disgrace. So desperate for money that you don't even realize your own death is beneath your toes. You fell right into her trap without a second thought." Blake pressed as I cringed, wishing he would stop.

I somehow managed to look up at Harry, desperate to see what he was thinking as his eyes bore into mine.

There was so much disappointment and rage filled in his eyes that it was almost impossible to keep the eye contact. I wanted to look away, but all I could do was shed a single tear.

"I'm so sorry." I mouthed to Harry as he clenched his jaw and slightly shook his head.

"I was going to make your deaths quick. But since you guys abused my sister constantly with no sympathy, I'm going to make your deaths painful and slow." Blake threatened as my heart stopped.

"We both know you can't hurt for sh*t." Harry commented before Blake threw a punch at his face, causing me to cringe as Harry's face whipped to the side.

He coughed slightly as blood formed on his bottom lip, making me tense as I wanted to make Blake stop.

"I'm going to torture you the f***ing most. Not only did you abuse my sister but you managed to make her feel pity for you." Blake seethed as he gripped the collar of his shirt and came face to face with him.

"Blake... please stop." I pleaded before he released Harry and stormed back over to me.

"Why would I stop Athena? They killed our f***ing brothers and one of these assholes tried r*ping you multiple times! You should be grateful I'm here right now." Blake yelled as I flinched.

"Why are you with him?" I asked quietly as tears filled in my eyes.

"Who?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Him. Lino. Why are you here with Lino?" I asked before Blake swallowed and grew quiet.

"Bring your men down and tie these leeches up, I'm gonna take Athena to my car so she doesn't have to see this mess." Blake announced to Lino before he waved his hand at his men.

"What? No!" I gasped as I took a step back.

"Athena, sweetie, don't be difficult. Come on, you don't want to see this trust me." He said as he flicked his fingers towards him, signaling for me to approach him.

"I don't want you to kill them." I managed to say through my tears as he narrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"They deserve it." Blake reminded me as I shook my head.

"No." I denied before he grabbed me by the arms in an uncomfortable grip.

"Stop it Blake I don't want to leave! Let me go!" I screamed as he began pulling me away.

"Stop! Let me go!" I cried out as I turned around and looked at Harry, seeing his eyes soften for a split second as he watched Blake drag me.

"Don't you dare take their f***ing side right now- you're embarrassing me kid." Blake hissed as he grabbed a fistful of my hair and made me look at him.

"Why are you with the Darrians?! They're sex traffickers!" My voice squeaked as he peered down at me emotionlessly.

"I'll explain in the car." Blake assured as I clenched my jaw.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you until you explain to me why the hell he's here and why your allowing him to call me his!" I growled as he looked at me blankly.

He then grabbed me tightly by the bicep before he began dragging me down the hall, causing me to whimper.

"Ow you're hurting me." I cried out.

"That's what happens when you don't listen to your older brother." Blake spoke bluntly as I began to panic.

My brother is acting like someone I don't even know. And that terrifies the hell out of me. I can't just let him drag me out of this house without trying to save the guys.

If I can at least get Harry out of here alive I can live with a clean conscience. Even if it means going against my brother's wishes.

As soon as I looked down at my brother's waist, I noticed he had a belt on with multiple grenades strapped to them, causing my eyes to grow wide as an idea popped into my head.

A life for a life.

I then grabbed one of the grenades before I pulled the trigger with my teeth, tossing the ticking bomb over Blake's shoulder before he could comprehend what I was doing.

Harry's eyes grew wide as he saw what I threw, preparing his body for the impact before the entire staircase blew to bits.

I gasped as Blake and I fell down from the impact, cringing as my hearing got replaced with a piercing ring.

I closed my eyes for a brief second, hearing multiple screams from the room before I was brought back to consciousness when a pair of strong hands grabbed me.

I widened my eyes as Blake lifted me up and took off sprinting down the hallway, wasting no time in the house while all hell broke loose.

As I looked back to see if Harry was ok, I saw him reach down and grab his gun, firing towards the falling staircase while the others helped Niall to his feet.

My heart jumped with victory, knowing I gave them a chance of survival against the Darrians.

Blake kept quiet as he ran out of the house, nearing the car before he unlocked it and shoved me inside, causing me to lightly panic as I saw a shadow running towards us.

"I don't want to hear a single word come out of your mouth. I'm disappointed in you." Blake spoke darkly as he pointed a finger at me.

Before I had the chance to open my mouth and respond, Lino came up from behind, panting and sweating while Blake stood beside him.

"Jesus I barely made it out alive. We need to leave now. My men can handle themselves. We already got the girl." Lino breathed as I narrowed my eyebrows.

"My name's Athena you Italian dickwad." I spat before Blake shot me a deadly glare.

"Athena zip your filthy mouth. You don't know who you're talking to." Blake hissed as he pointed his finger at me.

"Oh believe me. I do." I whispered before they both got in the car and drove off.

As soon as we entered inside a building, Blake dragged me to a room so aggressively that my arm was starting to bruise. No matter how many times I told him he was hurting me he didn't listen. He didn't even utter a single word until he got me inside and shoved me on the couch.

"What the f*** is wrong with you?! Are you siding with our enemies now?" Blake exploded as he towered over me.

I pressed the palm of my hands against the leather couch before I slightly sat up, narrowing my eyes at him.

"No." I said.

"Don't you f***ing lie to me." He hissed as he pointed his finger at me.

"Don't talk to me like that! You're not my dad!" I raised my voice.

"Well I have to f***ing act like one since I'm the only family you got left!" He yelled as I closed my mouth.

"Why did you do that Athena? Throwing a freaking grenade! You could of killed the wrong people!" Blake fumed as I clenched my jaw.

"Answer me!" He grew impatient as he realized I wasn't responding.

"Because I didn't know you were getting the Darrians involved!" I responded as he narrowed his eyes.

"How do you know about the Darrians?" Blake asked.

"How do you! You shouldn't even be associating with those people!" I raised my voice.

"Why does it even matter that they were involved?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"Because they aren't part of our rival drama! They have nothing to do with the Violet Kings!" I snapped.

"They're powerful people Athena. You don't realize the kind of help I had on my side when it came to rescuing you. I got them involved to save your ass. You should be grateful." Blake seethed as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah let me thank a couple sex traffickers for helping me escape my captors." I spoke dryly as he clenched his hands into fists.

"Why are you so ungrateful? I thought you wanted to get away from them. I thought you wanted them dead." Blake seemed frustrated with me as he spoke.

"I do!" I lied.

"Then why did you throw that damn grenade?! You ruined our plans and they're probably still alive right now! Do you have any idea the kind of sacrifices I had to make to get the Darrians to help me?!" He raised his voice as I narrowed my eyes.

"What did you sacrifice?" I asked suspiciously as he swallowed tightly.

"I don't think you're ready to hear about that right now." Blake sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Oh no believe me I am. Because I'm not sure if you know this, but Lino has tried to kidnap me twice already. He wants me all to himself." I sassed as he looked at me.

"And yet here you are- obliviously adding them into our lives and owing them god knows what!" I raised my voice as he shifted.

"I understand why you're mad."

"Do you?" I bit back.

"Do you understand why I'm f***ing mad?! The Kings killed our brothers, kidnapped you, tortured you, sexually harassed you, and did whatever else that you're not telling me- and yet you manage to try and protect them from being killed!" Blake raised his voice as I swallowed.

"I know Blake... and I'm sorry I know you're disappointed in me-"

"Oh I'm beyond that. You're lucky I'm not disowning you from this family." He hissed as I widened my eyes, closing my mouth during the process.

"I'm sorry Athena. I probably sound like an ass to you and that's the last thing I wanted. But I was expecting you to run to me with open arms. Not me dragging your ass out of the house after you threw a grenade in hopes to distract the Darrians from killing them." Blake sighed as he got on his knees to be at eye level with me.

"I really understand how you feel. I'm sorry for ruining your plan. You worked so hard for it." I breathed as I looked down.

"Don't worry. My guys will track them down and bring them back to hell soon enough. They'll be out of your hair for good." Blake assured, even though it wasn't assuring.

"Blake." I whispered.

"Yes?" His eyes looked at me even though I couldn't look back. At least not yet.

"How are you partnering with the Darrians? What did you possibly offer to them that they were willing to risk their lives to help you?" I asked as he suddenly grew quiet.

As soon as I looked up at him he immediately looked down, and I could tell by the guilt on his face that it somehow involved me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 166 73
"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked him. "Because I can and I will." He said moving closer to me. "Why does it have to be like this. We can wor...
49.8K 1.3K 53
*this story contains mature and explicit content.* [on going] rules, secrets, and lies all get uncovered eventually. and then what remains is the b...
21.8K 378 69
ECSASY: An overwhelming fear of joy or happiness - "Tell me you hate me", he says. "I hate you", I say it, over and over and over again. "I hate you...
1.7K 87 25
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...