Vacation ; Lumity

By onlylumity

Amity Blight is taken on a family vacation with her parents and twin siblings into the human realm. But her p... More

one
two
updt
three
four
five
six
seven

eight

1.5K 45 153
By onlylumity

-

"How was it?" Luz's voice from the other end of the line wasn't the clearest and Amity had to try her best to understand, and she blamed it on the fact Luz was using a phone and Amity wasn't.

Amity hesitated. "It was okay. My dad talked to me about it, and my mom.. hasn't really spoken to me since. Not like that's a bad thing, I prefer it this way." She sighed. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good!" Luz chirped. "I'm pretty excited, a friend of my moms is coming over and she has a daughter who I used to be close friends with a few years ago, so it's exciting to see her again. How about you come over too? Meet her? Her name is Bri. Used to be real sweet when I was younger and was best friends with her, hopefully she still is now!" She chuckled nervously.

"Come over?" Amity repeated. "Uh.. I'd have to ask my dad, but I'm sure he'd say yes, now that he knows of you and I don't have to lie and sneak out.."

"Great! See you in thirty?"

"Yeah."

-

"Amity!" Camila smiled wide, hugging her. "So nice to see you again, how're you doing dear?"

"Oh! Hi, Camila.. I-I'm fine. You?" Amity smiled and chuckled sheepishly, hugging her back.

Camila let go of Amity when Luz walked over to where they are and sighed at Camila. "I'm great, thank you." She turned to Luz who was standing with her arms crossed. "How about you two go to your room, Luz. Bri's in there waiting after all!"

"Yes, mom. C'mon!" Luz grinned at Amity taking her by the wrist and pulling her into her room.

She opened the door, only to reveal a girl sitting cross legged on the bed. Her gaze was fixated at something on the floor, and she looked like a porcelain doll. Amity thought for a moment that she was one, but shook the thought away when she noticed her chest rise and fall with every breath she took.

She had porcelain-pale skin, her hair was blonde, almost an ashy blonde, it was wavy, and it was long. Amity wondered if they were extensions, because her hair was so long it fell out, sprawled onto the bed and bundled up next to her body. Her eyes were dark blue, and her eyelashes long and thick. However, she had no color to her face.

"Bri!" Luz grinned.

The girls head perked up, and her eyes went the size of moons. "Luz." She took a moment to calm down, she put her hand over her chest, scrunching up the material of her off-shoulder white shirt. "You scared me." She gave an airy laugh, standing up. "Sorry, I got distracted." She chuckled, walking over to Amity and holding her hand out.

Amity's eyes darted to her hand. Her hand was slim and her nails were well kept, painted white. Amity reached her hand out and shook Bri's. Her hands were cold, almost making Amity flinch. "Uh.. nice to meet you. I'm-"

"Amity?" Bri smiled, taking her hand away and hiding her hands behind her back. She stood up onto the tips of her toes and swayed back and forth. "I know! I've only been here for about ten minutes, yet Luz told me almost everything about you already."

"Oh, has she..?" Amity chuckled nervously, fiddling with her thumbs while feeling her cheeks warm up and her ears slightly flutter, so she pretended to fix her hair to hold them down.

Bri smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Amity."

Luz broke off the conversation, suddenly standing in between the two. "What do you guys wanna do? Anything specific?"

"Oh!" Bri's eyes lit up, and her swaying became stronger. "That one game we played when we were younger? D'you still have it?"

"Of course." Luz chuckled, nodding her head. "Despite you looking much different, your personality hasn't changed a bit, huh? I'll go get it." She waved, leaving the room.

Amity bit the inside of her cheek, looking around Luz's room while feeling Bri's eyes stare her down.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Huh?" Amity's eyes widened and her face flushed, she waved her hands around frantically. "Ti-God, no! No, no. We're just friends, I swear. We just met a few days ago."

"Then why the red face?" She lightly raised her eyebrow, crossing her arms over her stomach.

"Well, obviously because it's an odd question, it totally caught me off guard! Anyone would get a red face from that!" Amity exclaimed, crossing her arms as Bri did, then she scoffed.

Bri smirked, "means she's not yours then, so I can take her?" Her eyes seemed to darken for a split second, catching Amity off guard.

...

"...I-"

"Sorry?"

"Augh, she doesn't belong to anyone! She's a human being, not some object for you to claim? Do you like her or anything?- because if you do then go ahead and date her! I don't care." Amity shrugged, clenching her jaw.

Bri burst into laughter, clutching her stomach. "Oh, I was only kidding! Should've seen your face, really! I'm not interested in Luz, I've got a girlfriend already and- I love Luz a lot she's one of my best friends and I've known her since we were in diapers, but she's not my type at all." She waved her hand dismissively.

"Oh."

"Please, I'm only messing with you. Besides, I know you don't like her, you've only known her for a few days. I mean- I'm not saying you can't like her, but I don't think you can properly like someone after a few days, right? Or maybe that's just me." Bri narrowed her eyes, then shrugged. "Sure, you could have a smaaall crush, but not a real 'like'."

"Pfft. As if I even have a small crush on her, as you said she's great, but.. also not my type." Amity tried laughing it off, knowing she has developing feelings for Luz, but also knowing that they could never happen because Luz was a human and Amity was a witch who wasn't even in her own realm, and she'd have to return home someday.

Bri cleared her throat. "Sorry, anyway. Could I just say how much I love your hair? It's so gorgeous, I've always loved green but my mom.. she prefers me in neutrals, hence me wearing white and having my hair this dull color." She twisted a strand onto her finger, having to pull her head away due to the length.

"Are you kidding me?" Amity scoffed. "I'd kill for your hair, it's such a pretty length and the color looks unreal! To be honest when I saw you sitting here I thought you were a doll, you're so pretty." She smiled, sitting down on Luz's bed.

Bri sat down next to Amity, and for the first time Amity saw color in her face, the slightest shade of red on her cheeks. "Aw. Thanks a lot, Amity. You are too."

They both chuckled, talking about useless things until Luz came running back in with a game in hand.

"Sorry it took so long! I literally could not find it anywhere and-" she paused, slamming the door shut. "Oh! You've become friends? That's really good, I thought it'd be all awkward!" She smiled and chuckled, placing the game down onto the bed and sitting by the other end.

Bri's eyes lit up again and she cheered. "Oh, I'm so excited! I haven't played this in like twenty years!"

Luz chuckled sheepishly. "Bri, you're only fifteen."

"I played it before I was born." Bri huffed, winking at Amity and chuckling.

Amity snickered, covering her mouth with her hand so Luz didn't see her laugh. "Uh, what's this game about anyway?"

Bri and Luz's eyes widened and they whipped their heads over to look at Amity. "You've never played this?"

"No..?"

"God, that's tragic. Poor soul." Bri put her hand over her chest and pouted. "You don't know real fun until you've played this game!"

Luz read over the instructions to see how much she could remember. "Ugh, we need four players! One more.. I remember we always played with Cait and Lynne." She chuckled.

Bri scrammed up to her feet, taking her phone off of Luz's desk and frantically swiping across the screen, before finally putting the phone up to her ear.

"Hi! Cait, come over to Luz's? Yeah, we're playing that game we played when we were little and Luz has her 'friend'-" Bri turned to Amity and raised her eyebrows up and down with a smirk "-over and that'd make the four players!"

"Who's Cait?" Amity whispered to Luz, leaning over to hear better.

Luz leaned toward Amity, smiling and looking at Amity, then Bri. "Her girlfriend. They're so cute, I want what they have." She sighed.

Amity snickered while Bri continues rambling over the phone to her girlfriend- now completely off topic of the game.

She put the phone down and turned to Luz and Amity, grinning wide. "She'll be here soon! Like twenty minutes, I think." She flopped back onto Luz's bed and flapped her hands. "I'm so excited to see her!"

"Sounds it." Amity chuckled, crossing her legs. "How'd you meet?"

"School, two years ago." Bri smiled, propping herself up on her elbows. "We've been dating for a year and one month, and I love her more than anyone!" She sighed, grinning.

"Gross." Luz joked, chuckling. She looked over at Amity. "How about you, Amity? Got a girlfriend or a boyfriend back at home?"

Amity's eyes widened for a minute. "Huh?- No. No, I don't have one.. and I'm only into girls, boys gross me out." She snickered. "You?"

"Not got a girlfriend or a boyfriend yet either." She huffed. "Not that it bothers me.. I manage."

Bri raised her eyebrows up and down at Luz with a smirk on her face, making Luz's eyes widen and her face flush red. "What the hell, Bri?" She groaned.

"Oops."

Amity smiled, rolling her eyes. "Well, I used to have a girlfriend, but it got.. weird. So I broke up with her." She shrugged.

"Oh, really?" Luz looked over at Amity and raised her eyebrows. "What's her name?"

"Boscha. Captain of our grudgby team. I hate her now... she's so awful." She hissed, crossing her arms.

"Grudgby..?" Bri smiled as if she was concerned for Amity's well being. "Is that just a funny name you use for rugby, maybe?" She chuckled hesitantly.

Amity's eyes shot wide and she began laughing loudly and awkwardly. "Yes, of course! Of course it's rugby, just with a silly name.. uh, Boscha made it up and its stuck with me since!"

"Mhm.." Luz nodded slowly, no expression on her face. "Okay. So, she's captain of your team then? Must be good."

"Well, I was the captain before.. I just didn't wanna play anymore after my teammates got hurt because of me." She sighed, slouching her shoulders.

-

"Cait!" Bri exclaimed, throwing herself onto her girlfriend that just barely made it through Luz's bedroom door before being tackled to the floor. "Hi! I've missed you!" She peppered Cait's face with quick kisses.

Cait chuckled, wrapping her arms around Bri. "Hey, stupid. I missed you too" She squeezed, making Bri chuckle.

Amity and Luz looked at eachother, smiling before gagging jokingly. "Gross."

Bri blinked a few times to return to her senses and then stood up. "Oh! Sorry." She chuckled sheepishly, turning to Luz and Amity and then helping Cait off of the floor.

"Hey, Luz!" Cait waved then turned to Amity. "Hey, I'm Cait." She grinned.

Amity grinned back, waving. "Amity Blight, it's nice to meet you! while waiting, Bri's said a lot about you." She winked.

Cait looked over at Bri, smiling at her and kissing her forehead as she was taller. "Of course you did.."

"Sorry." Bri grinned, taking Cait's hand.

"Okay, okay. This is getting gross and cheesy and I can't handle you two being so cute in front of me! Quit it." Luz snickered.

"We'll talk about this when you get a partner!" Cait smiled, sticking her tongue out at Luz.

Luz rolled her eyes and Amity chuckled, elbowing her gently. "You'll be fine." She smiled.

"Pfft." Luz smiled and elbowed her back, rolling her eyes playfully and turning away.

Cait cleared her throat. "So, are we playing this game or what? C'mon!"

-

HI IM SOSORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO UPLOAD WAHHH
BUTANYWAYS I MADE AN INSTA ACC AND I THINK U SHOULD FLLW ME ON IT SO WE CAN B MOOTS AND TALK 😋🤭 MY USER IS LUUZVVX !!

THATS ALLLL
ILY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 2.2K 8
Amity Blight isn't the type of girl to fall in love. One day during class, her English teacher introduces a new student, and everything changes. Fini...
19.6K 537 37
A new student comes and joins the students of Hexside. Top student, Amity Blight, one day encounters them sleeping at her usual spot in the library. ...
12.7K 263 31
Luz and Amity are married, with a baby on the way. Together, they go through the pregnancy with a few challenges, including Amity's mom, and a new ac...
21.8K 773 21
With a great life now in the Boiling Isles Luz finally returns to the human realm again. Promising Amity that she would come back. But when the day c...