Sonic Gang X Reader Oneshots!

Par PlxnetMercuryy

It's in the title! [The title and cover image is to change in time...] ReaderxCharacter oneshots in the sonic... Plus

✧𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮!✧
Siblings Group Chat*OLD
Sneaking Out (Gone Wrong)*OLD
Accidents Happen*OLD
memes
Photoshoot (Pt. 1)*OLD
Photoshoot (Pt. 2)*OLD
YOO???
Memes...again
The Dog*OLD
iDeA
Mothers Day pt. 1*OLD
hiatus
Mothers Day pt. 2*OLD
Mothers Day pt. 3*OLD
EXTRA
Update
Challenge Gone Wrong*OLD
Cameron*OLD
Update
Self Advertising
HUGE NEWS
Black Forest [Prime!Sonic]

Edgewig [Tails]

251 5 11
Par PlxnetMercuryy

Plot: You are a secret race of mythical beings called Edgewig's that are only visible to a mobian/human that you choose. You were presented the opportunity to choose someone from the Sonic team, and you chose Tails <3

[It's aimed to be platonic, but you can decode it however you wish]

(FYI, you got wings :]])
____________________________________

You fidgeted around with your fingers, your wings puffed up and ruffling its feathers with intense anxiety.

You were awaiting to finally be appointed your familiar.

What is a familiar? Well, it's sort of like a wizard and pet companion thing, but with an edgewig and a human.

Your bond with them will allow that person and only them to see you unless you broke down your cloak and allowed other people besides your familiar to see you.

But why were you so nervous? Well, an edgewig is assigned a familiar based on how battle and book smart they are.

And you were the one in a million to reach #1 in your academy. With all A's and the battle skills of a war leader, you were given the opportunity to choose the best of the best.

The most strongest, fastest, fiercest, bravest humans. Only if they accepted your offering, of course.

And here you are, sitting outside the chief of the Edgewig Assigning department's office. Your anxiety was flourishing inside, the crippling fear of who you were going to choose seemed to fuel that anxiety more.

You knew you would get someone great, but you were scared of who.

What if they're a mean person behind closed doors?

What if they abused the power you had?

What if they didn't enjoy your presence?

All these "what ifs" flooded your mind.

But all those thoughts dissipated the moment you heard the door click open, the majestical light spilling into the dim hallway.

"Y/N L/N, we have found you potential familiars."

You perked up, your wings immediately folding behind you as you resumed a respectful position. You may be a hardworking edgewig, but these people were above you. Of course, you had to show respect towards them.

You stood up, your arms folded behind your back as you marched into the office.

Wait, did he say potential familiars? As in, multiple potentials?

The chief closed the door behind you, you standing dead in the middle while upholding your respective position.

"It is an honor to be meeting with you, Mister Stormbeak." You stated with utmost respect.

"Oh please! Mister Stormbeak was my father. Just call me Otero! But I feel I should be the one humbled to be in your presence, Y/N"

Him? Humbled to be in the same room as you? You're just a student.

"With all due respect, I feel I have to question your judgments, sir. I'm merely a student, yet you're responsible for partnering up edgewigs with their familiars! You hold so much power!" Your position faltered a bit, your shoulders bouncing every which way as you emphasized your point.

"I do have power, but that's just status in this hierarchy we live in. But you, you have so much potential! You could very well be running this hidden race had you not set your sights on being a familiar to a human."

You felt your face slightly heat up in embarrassment. You didn't want to feel rude questioning his very kind compliments, so you just went along with it. "Th-Thank you, sir."

"Now then, back on topic: we have found you potential familiars." He pulled out some folders from his desk, setting them down in front of you.

You walked over, grazing your fingers over the files.

"Potential familiars? As in multiple?" You questioned.

"Well... we couldn't pinpoint the perfect match. Your talents have earned you to choose only the best of the best, so instead of finding only one, we found multiple..."

He pulled out a couple more folders, dropping them down on top of the others.

You read the first name written in bold black ink. 'Sonic'

"And, I regret to inform you they aren't exactly human... but they are extremely powerful, especially as a team." He opened the file named Sonic and presented a picture.

"A standing porcupine?" You questioned aloud.

"A hedgehog," He corrected you, "And his race is called mobians. There are many others that are like him. Not necessarily hedgehogs, a plethora of other common animals, but they are more advanced than humans"

You looked back up at the seasoned edgewig. He wasn't ancient, but retirement should be coming soon for him.

"For example: Better stamina, endurance, battle potential, and survival knowledge. Some of them even have special abilities, which are listed in the files. We found a whole team of potential candidates you can choose from. " He pushed the folders over to you.

You grabbed them with both hands. You looked through the files, reading the names on them.

"You do not have to make a decision at this moment. But return within 48 hours to inform me on what you've chosen?" He asked you intently.

"Of course, sir! I'll start reading these as soon as I get to my dorm." You bowed, rushing out of the room, simply ecstatic to read these files.

It was now 3 in the morning. Man, these case files were long. And there was 8 folders, all of them with lists and descriptions on these candidates, their personalities, their strengths, weaknesses, and a lot more.

You were finally on the last one, you had started at 2 in the afternoon...yesterday.

Finally, you read the last few sentences and let out a huge sigh of relief. "Finally, done." You closed the folder and set it back on the pile on your desk.

You took out 2 folders from the pile, marked with the names "Amy Rose" and "Tails."

"These two are the best. They're loyal, powerful, and useful, and most importantly, we share the same interests and personality. I am more compatible with these... mobians than the others." You spoke to yourself.

"But... who do I pick? Amy Rose is compassionate who sees the best in everyone and fights for the good of everyone. And Tails is a curious and young inventor who is a vital part of the team, responsible for surveillance, inventing tools for his team, and on top of it all is kind-hearted towards those who show him kindness in return..."

Your eyes were droopy, your wings were folded lazily, and your feathers were slightly ruffled. You traced your fingers over the picture of Amy and Tails. 

Amy looked cool and looked like a gal who could give you tips on everyday life and could help you when you were at your low. 

On the other hand, Tails seemed like a fun-loving kid who is always curious on discovering new things and who could have a laugh with you. He seemed to be younger than you.

...You ultimately decided on Miles 'Tails' Prower. You matched his personality more. You loved discovering new opportunities and having a good laugh with friends.

You closed the folders, finally letting out your breath which you unconsciously held. 

You turned off the lamp on your desk, contemplating whether you should tell the chief as soon as possible or wait to consider all the pros and cons.

Eh, it'll be fine, right? You'll tell him in the morning.

You were up and early, you could barely sleep a wink with how excited you were about getting a familiar!

To say it was a dream of yours would be an understatement.

You were practically born for this moment! And here you are, standing outside the chief's office once more with all the thick files wrapped up in your arms.

You couldn't contain your excitement, you may be very mature and strong for your age but you couldn't help but be all giggly and sway back and forth on your toes as you waited for the chief to let you in.

After what seemed like forever, he finally gave you the all clear and called you in.

You practically busted the door off it's hinges with how hard you slammed the door open.

The chief looked at you with wide, frightened eyes for a moment before he chuckled. "Excited, are we, Y/N?"

"Absolutely, sir! I've thought over every possible candidate and I won't lie, a lot of them were good options, especially Amy Rose and Shadow!" You placed the files on his desk with a gleeful smile.

"I trust you picked one of those two then?" He smiled at you like a proud grandpa.

You hesitated for a second, "Actually, no. I will admit, they were powerful options, but Miles Prower stood out to me the most."

You pointed to the file on the top of the pile, "He may not be as powerful as the others, but he's the smartest and most valued... so that's why I chose him." You gave the old man a soft smile.

"Well then, Y/N, is your decision final? Remember, once an edgewig chooses their human, or in this case their mobian, there's no turning back unless the mobian relinquishes your role as his familiar or he passes away."

You gave a firm, determined nod.

"I acknowledge this warning and I think-- no, I know that this mobian will be an excellent familiar."

"Very well then, I'll give you some time to prepare, be back at the strike of noon and I will assist you in locating your familiar-- though meeting him, you will be on your own."

You stood straight and saluted him, "Yes sir! I will be here at noon and no sooner nor later!" You hurried out of his office and went to tell your friends and family the good news.

"Hey, Tails, I'm gonna go for a run, you wanna join?" Sonic asked, standing a few paces away from Tails' desk where he was currently tinkering away at his new invention.

"We both know I could never catch up, Sonic. Besides, I'm working on something huge! I'll join you another time though." Tails didn't bother looking up to acknowledge Sonic's presence.

The blue hedgehog just shrugged and speeded off out the workshop, leaving Tails all by his lonesome.

At least an hour passes before Tails decides to take a break. He sat in his chair in silence for a little bit, enjoying the peace and quiet.

After a few moments passed, he opened his eyes again, only to be met with an unfamiliar environment. The chair under him disappeared, so he fell down on his bottom.

"What the?!" He shouted out loud. He landed in shallow water. Very shallow water. 

"Did I fall asleep or something?" He asked himself as he lifted himself back up onto his feet. The water dripped off him as he dusted himself off. He looked around.

All around him was an infinite galaxy, different planets of the solar system in the distance and gorgeous colors mixed in with the stars. It certainly looked and felt like a dream.

Just then, a figure coated in entirely luminescent white appeared before him, their eyes were a dark, navy blue with the pupils being small balls of light staring directly at him.

Tails was taken aback, no dream of his has been like this. Ever.

"Hello, Miles 'Tails' Prower. My name is Y/N L/N, and I'm an edgewig elected to be your familiar."

You stood only a few inches taller than Tails, around Sonic's height but just a bit taller.

He had heard of the term 'familiar' before in fantasy novels, specifically wizardry magic surrounded novels.

You took his silence and frozen stance as a gesture of shock from him, you cleared your throat awkwardly.

"Familiars are--"

"Are a wizard's magical and life-long companion."

You paused, interrupted by him finishing your sentence. You smiled softly, "Yeah, looks like you've done your research..." You commented breathlessly.

"Wait," It seems Tails' shocked stage has finally passed over, he slowly approached you with cautious steps. He reached a doubtful hand out, "Are you sure this isn't a dream?" He asked once more.

You giggled, "No, this isn't! This is the realm in-between my world and yours." You spread your arms out and spun around, "It's an infinite void where edgewig's meet their potential humans! Er, mobians, for me." You chuckled nervously.

"Edgewig's? I thought you guys were only fantasy creatures?" He questioned.

"Well, in your world we are depicted as such, but we are indeed true!" You answered gleefully.

"Wait, does that mean unicorns are real?" He asked with an edge to his tone.

You giggled nervously, "I will answer any non-edgewig-and-mobian questions later, if you do decide to accept me as your familiar." 

"Before I even do, why me? Of all the people in the world, why were you appointed me by your master or whoever chooses your familiar?" He backed up a bit, suspicion taking over him.

"Well, that's the funny part." You crouched down in front of him and softened your tone, "I chose you, Miles Prower. And I don't have an exact reason as to why, I just felt it in my soul that you're the one!"

His eyes widened at your touching answer. He thought it over for a moment, "Can I talk about it with my friends? You do seem like a nice... person," He hesitated, "but I want to think it over before I make any big decisions in the heat of the moment."

You hissed, standing back up, "You see, if I could I would let you, but we cannot have humans-- mobians go around even mentioning that we're real. I can give you time to think it over, yes, but for the safety of our secret race, I cannot allow you to leave this realm until you've either accepted or denied my offer." You answered regretfully.

Tails wasn't happy with the 'you have to stay until you make your decision' part but he could tell you were only enforcing this rule.

"Okay, fine, can I get some space to think about it, then?" He asked arguably tiredly.

You simply nodded and long-jumped at least half a football field away from him. "Whenever you're ready, just call my name!" You hollered from the other side.

And so you sat down in the shallow water, hugging your knees as you waited for him to reach his decision.

And waited...

And waited...

And waited some more...

You typically weren't an impatient person, hell, you were raised to be a patient and understand edgewig, but Tails was taking a bit longer than you'd expected and you didn't have anything to entertain you besides your own thoughts which wouldn't keep you occupied for more than 4 minutes.

You were about to complain like a toddler until he finally called your name. You jumped up onto your feet excitedly and dashed over to him, leaving a trail of flying water behind you.

You stopped a few feet away from him as you looked at him with hope.

"I've made my decision and I..."

Please say yes, please say yes.

You internally crossed your fingers and hoped for the best.

"I still have a few questions."

You deadpanned, he's smart enough to ask all these questions but it still kind of irked you how much questions he asked.

"What are the terms? Am I binded with you for life or do I have to undergo some sort of ceremony in order to be your familiar?"

"Well, technically you are binded to me for life-- by choice. You have the choice to relinquish our bond at any time by simply saying "Y/N L/N, I relinquish your role as my familiar. You may return home and never bind with me again." You informed him.

"And what exactly are you my familiar for? Companionship? Power? Duty?"

"Can be anything! Companionship or duty! Though we edgewig's don't exactly gain powers from this bond, just memories and experience." You hoped that was the last question he was going to ask you.

He seemed to be pondering, looking off down and to the side, his hand on his chin.

He sighed, standing straight and looking at you. "I'll agree to be your familiar, ONLY if you introduce yourself to my friends."

You hesitated, your wings puffing up a bit. "I am not allowed to introduce myself immediately, I have to wait at least a month before I am allowed to do so."

"Fine by me, that gives you more time to learn about them from afar!" He gave you a reassuring smile.

You weren't going to tell him that you basically almost know every one of his friends because of case files they have on them in your world. That would be creepy.

With his hand extended up to you, it gave you enough confirmation that he was indeed ready.

You took his hand, "Miles Prower, I am hereby binded to you for life. There is no power in this world that can relinquish this bond except for you. I will be by your side and if you ever need help, all you must do is call my name."

You both shook hands and once the deal was made, the realm between two worlds you were both in began fading.

An ethereal blue light shone around the two of you, and as the world around you began fading into dust, the luminescent white on your body began dimming, revealing your true self to Tails.

Once you both arrived in his world, he saw what you truly were, all your intricate details and majestic wings.

"Nice to finally meet you, Y/N, welcome to my workshop!"

____________________________________

Been a while, huh?

You can thank Sonic Prime s3 for reviving my hyperfixation lol

Requests are back open! I'll be sticking around for a bit, see you again real soon everyone :))

2884 words ^^

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

950 3 6
SONIC X SHADOW YES BARK BARK BARK I'm excited because i'm in love with a girl ok enjoy
2.2K 112 21
Summary: In the midst of the battle, Sonic calls upon Silver and Shadow to help him defeat their enemy. The seven chaos emeralds are there and react...
7.2K 193 14
[Possibly Discontinued.] Project Shadow - a mystery for many decades. That is, until, a certain Ivo Robotnik rediscovers and releases this 'Shadow'...
13K 401 12
"𝘼 𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙢𝙥 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙪𝙣𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚." ★ 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁-𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲�...