Excerpts From A Book I'll Nev...

By mockingjaybirdx

My therapist told me i needed a healthier coping mechanism More

50
things i'd rather feel at 2am
Unholy
The Queen of Losing Things
Stains
stars / to the galaxy
wretched mirror
shampoo & conditioner
the call
words
posthumous party
ratatouille
resilience
death of the phoenix
dying thoughts
an ode to Mbak
curse & blessing
death is an old friend
a way with words
plans
what depression made me
Pocket-sized misery

five stages of grief

47 3 0
By mockingjaybirdx

Denial
I was sitting in my studio room 500 kilometers away still in my fancy dress and half-done eyeliner. My phone won't stop ringing but so are my ears for the voices inside my head were screaming.

This isn't real. You can't be gone.

Anger
I was barely sixteen going to a friend's party with a dress i thought was pretty, it was black, made out of lace in the shape of a flower but the moment i stepped down the stairs you were there sitting on the dining table, glasses perched on your nose, academic paper in hand. What is it that you're wearing? You look like a whore.

And it lingers in the back of my mind like a sticker purposefully torn out of a wall.

I look like a whore.

Bargaining
Please just take me instead.

Depression
This house is too big for a family of three, father still leaves the lights on at night in the room where you used to sleep and my therapist told me i needed a healthier coping mechanism.

Acceptance
Maybe i will visit your grave again one day when i'm brave enough to face the truth and my regret has worn off like the color of your purse that i carry everywhere now.

(but, mother, i apologize for i will never know what your favorite flowers are)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.2K 4.4K 36
Y/n- please don't beat me I will never try to run away i promise please Jimin- no no no why are you crying don't cry.this is your punishment take it...
1.6K 14 27
May these poems serve as companions on your own journey, offering glimpses of light in the darkest of nights, and reminding you that even in the dept...
9.7K 541 17
الـكاتـبه نـاديـن