𝑈𝑁𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐾𝐴𝐵𝐿𝐸

Bởi teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... Xem Thêm

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty -two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six

eighteen

6.7K 466 74
Bởi teeetales

The new year had finally began and it was back to reality for most people, including Cheyenne. She couldn't be away from her duties for far too long as everything needed to be ran by her.

Cheyenne tiredly yawned. As much as she was well rested from her trip, she needed more sleep and it didn't help that her back was slowly starting to ache once more. She made her way into the office canteen. The smell of fresh breakfast invaded her nostrils and making her stomach growl rather very loudly..

"Don't worry my baby, I'm feeding you now". She mumbled to herself as she shuffled towards the foil wrapped food. She grabbed a Styrofoam plate and placed eggs, waffles, sausages and bacon. She also grabbed a container filled with fruits and yoghurt. Lastly she grabbed a small carton of apple juice and a bottle of water.

"Damn you gon'  finish all of that?". A deep voice questioned, startling her and making her turn towards the voice. She cast the gentleman a look.

 Immediately his scent filled the room. A mixture of cinnamon and sandalwood. She noticed how handsome he was. Dark skinned, and standing at a height of 6'0, a tapered fade on his head, medium built with his muscles bugling out. He was dressed in a navy blue suit with a button left open on the top but not to the point of exposing his whole chest. She saw a gold chain peeking through as well and a gold watch with small diamonds encrusted sitting perfectly on his wrist.

"Yes, you got a problem?" She asked her brow in question with her scowl on her face and looking at him with her glasses on the bridge of her nose

"Nah, I don't, its just a lot of food for one person". He raised his hands in surrender

"Are trying to call me fat? And who are you, the food police?" Her scowl deepened as she mugged him. He thought she look cute trying to give him attitude.

"Nah, not at all. Do you". He shook his head as he grabbed a plate and just placed pancakes, bacon and two sausages. 

Ignoring him, Cheyenne grabbed a chocolate chip muffin, placing it in a small takeaway bag. She could feel his eyes on her but she didn't care. She let herself out and headed back to her office.

She contently sighed as she took her first bite of her waffles drenched in maple syrup and a little cream on the side. Being pregnant was no joke. She was hungry all the time and also tired but on the downside of things, her hair was growing thick and her skin hadn't broken out yet.

☘︎

A knock echoed in the office making her glance up from her iMac.

"Come in!" She spoke loud enough for the other person behind her door to hear her. The door was  pushed open and two people stepped in; her assistant, Chanelle and the gentleman she saw earlier.

She slyly rolled her eyes as the two walked towards her desk. The man tried to lowkey call her fat and she didn't like that at all.

"Yes Chanelle how can I help you?"

"I was just showing Mr Williams around. He is taking over from Miss Porter's position". Chanelle informed her.

"Is that right?" She said, taking a quick survey of the gentleman who was now known as Mr Williams.

"Yes, helping him get acquainted with everything around the building". Chanelle stated.

"But are you not my assistant? Where is his assistant?". Cheyenne mentioned not hiding her dislike for him. Her lip was slightly curled in disgust

"She is not in here so I was assigned. Is that a problem?" Chanelle raised her brows in question as she looked Cheyenne.

"Is that a problem?". Daniel asked as well mirroring Chanelle's expression with a small smirk on his lips. 

"No, i was just asking ". She told them, shaking her head.

"Let me formally introduce myself. I am Daniel Williams, the new manager. We met earlier but it is a pleasure to officially meet you". He walked closer to the desk with his hand held out.

"Yeah when you tried to check me for taking so much food," She lowly  scoffed "And i am Cheyenne Love and sure". She gave him a fake smile and shook his hand. She watched his smirk turn into a grin. His teeth were white and a dimple embedded into his cheek which she thought was attractive but too bad she didn't like him.

He wasn't bothered by her attitude nor sarcastic introduction. Another knocked echoed in the room but before she come grant permission to enter, the door was pushed opened.

Angelo stepped in casually causing Chanelle to check him out and Daniel to glance at him.

"You here early". Cheyenne frowned, taking a quick survey at the time on her Cartier watch.

"i had nothing to do". He shrugged, unbothered by the two people in the room. He took a seat on her couch and started scrolling on his phone. Cheyenne averted her attention towards the two.

"If that is all, please excuse me". She said, giving them a small smile.

"See you around Miss Love". Daniel stated in a flirty tone causing Angelo's head to snap up as fast as lightening. He curiously eyed Daniel. Cheyenne simply looked at his retreating figure walking out

"Who's that?" Eyes narrowed in her direction, Angelo scrutinized her.

"Nobody you should be worried". She waved him off, deciding to log out her iMac and head home.

"Better be because you still have my brother's child in you" He reiterated, earning a chuckle from her.

"And what's that suppose to mean? Do you think I would fuck another man while I'm pregnant? Be fucking for real" She scoffed, taking huge offence that Angelo would think that about her.

"I'm just saying. I'm not saying you will do it but some people do that"

"Well you should know by now that I'm not most people. Don't fucking try me". She  seethed causing him to look at her weirdly.

"What's going on with you". He stood up, making his way towards her.

"What made you think that I would sleep with someone else?"

"I didn't say you, Chey". Angelo replied back, chuckling a little.

"You implied it".

"What". Angelo chuckled, bewildered, "Let's just go bruh". He laughed, hurting her feelings a little bit by dismissing her claims. They headed towards her black Audi that was parked in her spot. He opened the door to the passenger seat and waited until she was situated before closing the door.

They drove in silence for a while but Cheyenne couldn't stand the silence in the car. She hated being mad at Angelo. He was practically her best friend.

"Angelo?". She broke the silence

"Yes?"

"Why is your brother not talking to me?". Cheyenne asked, glimpsing at Angelo who was on the drivers seat. His side profile was attractive. His jaw was sharp and and a small diamond earring pierced on his lobe. His hair was currently pulled into a high ponytail with a taper fade on the sides. He was dressed down in black sweat pants and a matching hoodie

"So that's what made you catch an attitude with me earlier on?". He brows rose in question.

"Well, why is he not talking to me?". She asked, ignoring his question.

"I don't know" He lied, looking at her from the corner of his eyes. He didn't want Cheyenne to know all about their mission and what transpired that night.

"Why are you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying". He stated, briefly casting her a look and tightening the grip on the steering wheel.

"Take me to him. Whatever he is, I  want to go there".

"I can't..." He drawled.

"And why not?"

"Because he is busy". He quickly put out causing her to draw her eyebrows together

"Busy with what?". She pressed which made him not respond.

"See! I knew you were lying! Now take me to him or you will never see your so called niece again".

"Ah man, not the baby card. You know that's my weakness". Angelo groaned.

"I do not care". She folded her arms and cast him a satisfied smirk. She managed to have her way. "And I'm serious. Do not try and trick me" She sternly mentioned.

Angelo did as he was told. Ten minutes later they were pulling up at a modern cobblestone driveway. He turned off the ignition and let himself out, opening the door for her.

She silently thanked him. Angelo led her upstairs to his room. She didn't have time to admire the house. They stopped before the paneled doors.

Angelo pulled the handles of the door, making them push open. Donovan removed his arm that was covering his eyes and his head snapped towards the door. His right shoulder was in wound dressing.

His eyes widened seeing Cheyenne following behind Angelo. He casted a glare towards Angelo but he simply ignored his gaze. Cheyenne gasped, seeing Donovan laid out on the bed 

"What is she doing here Angelo?" He said through gritted teeth and not sparing a glimpse in Cheyenne's direction.

"Aye bro. she threatened me with my niece and you know I don't play about that baby". He explained but Donovan was fuming. He didn't want Cheyenne seeing him the way he was especially after their last conversation.

"I thought I made it clear that she shouldn't know anything about this".

"She threatened me with my niece. MY niece so I had to do it" He shrugged but the scowl on Donovan's face didn't make him feel any better.

"I'm still here, you know" Cheyenne muttered, catching the twos, attention. Donovan's eyes surveyed her for a minute before he spoke up.

"Let me talk to her alone". He stated and Angelo hurriedly let himself out because he couldn't bare the glare he was receiving.

"So this is why you were ignoring me? You didn't want me knowing because you knew how I would act. I told you this would happen. What if something else happened, then what?". She snapped, immediately as Angelo let himself out.

"And this is exactly why I didn't say anything. I really don't need a lecture right now. I really don't owe you any explanation about my business". He jibed, brows furrowed.

"If you had died on me, I would've came to dug you up and put you back myself because you do not think about me or the child you shot up in me". She yelled making him look at her blankly as she continued to go off.

"Are you done?". He gave a exasperated look

"No". She stubbornly stated, knowing he was kind of right. She folded her arms on her chest and her brows knitted together as a sign of attitude. The room fell in silence as the two glared at each other,

"Come here" Donovan spoke up, as he was laid out on the bed. His chest was bare and all his tattoos were on display. Cheyenne could see every part of him and just remember what transpired that night she conceived her baby.

"Why". Cheyenne asked with her arms folded on her chest and a pout on her lips.

She had an attitude, Donovan thought.

"Just come" He hissed, feeling the stinging pain in his shoulder where he got hit the night he went on the mission.

"You just never listen" Cheyenne fussed with a frown on her lips and shuffled to his side of the bed.

Donovan ignored her fussing. "Come closer" He stated making Cheyenne furrow her brows in confusion but listened nonetheless. Donovan softly grasp her wrist when she was in close reach making her stand directly in front of him. His large hand softly landed on her bump poking out her dress.

A bolt of spark shot up Cheyenne's spine. Donovan gently caressed her belly as thoughts ran through his head. 

"What are you thinking about?" Cheyenne softly asked, peering down at his hand. Her eyes slowly averted up to see him already staring at her. His eyes swam with different emotions and somehow, Cheyenne was interested in knowing what each emotion meant. She felt fluttering in her belly and didn't know what to think. 

"How are you feeling?" He questioned, catching her off guard, ever since she entered that room. She has been going off after seeing him laid out with his wound dressing and the fact that he ignored her for a week straight.

"I'm good, I guess". She sighed, enjoying the feeling of his hand circling around her belly. It was slowly calming her down.

"The baby okay?" He questioned, making her take a seat besides him without removing his hand.

"Hmmm". She gently nodded her while looking at him with a small smile on her face.

"I  didn't tell you because it was not your business and I can handle myself"

"Obviously not, if you got shot". She remarked, rolling her eyes while gazing into his hazel-green eyes.

"You really care about my wellbeing huh?". A lopsided smirk graced his lips. He was fighting back the smile that wanted to make its way on his lips 

"Yes, you know this". She stated, The door suddenly swung opened, making Cheyenne jump up on her feet. She was startled. Donovan blankly at Angelo with a bored expression on his face.

"Hmm what are you doing?" Angelo questioned, narrowing his eyes between the two, "Y'all trying to give my niece a little brother already, huh?" He teased.

"It's a boy!" They said at the same time causing them to look at each other then softly smile.

"Ouuu I see you". Angelo smirked pointing his fingers at the two people as Donovan grabbed Cheyenne's wrist and making her sit back down.

Angelo hummed watching the interaction between the two, "Y'all better have my money ready when the baby comes out a she. It's a girl. I'm telling you" He stated, causing Cheyenne to roll her eyes.

"Go make your own baby".

꧁꧂

thoughts?

New character alert!!!

Have we figured what Cheyenne's having? Drop your predictions

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

904K 37.4K 57
They should never have met. Each one of them lived in different parts of the world. She lived in the light, an ordinary existence while he kept to t...
349K 17.1K 42
The best things come unexpected and sweep you off your feet
51.7K 1.7K 35
thinking no one could ever break down those walls. is she willing to let him in when 𝒉𝒆 comes along?....or will her stubbornness prevent him? ||ON...
5.7K 152 17
Two teenagers with a interesting love story fr🤷🏽‍♀️ + a baby later on