Marked By The Unseelie

By _Kiraran_

Livia is a special human. She can see things that aren't supposed to be seen with the naked eye. A long tim... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Dream Guy
Chapter 2 Pixie Lights
Chapter 3 Zhier
Chapter 4 Nightmare
Chapter 5 Never Go in the Forest
Chapter 6 Escaping Death Through A Deal
Chapter 7 Air
Chapter 8 A Hazardous Journey
Chapter 9 The Seelie Queen
Chapter 10 Red and Blue
Chapter 11 Royal Archives
Chapter 12 Broken Mirror
Chapter 13 Night in The Library
Chapter 14 Emerald Beast
Chapter 15 Jade
Chapter 16 Fairy Market
Chapter 17 Fairy Book
Chapter 18 Room Crasher
Chapter 19 Manipulative Lies
Chapter 20 Steve's Identity
Chapter 21 Sealing Mark
Chapter 23 Name
Chapter 24 Behind Mirrors
Chapter 25 Can You Lie?
Chapter 26 Coping Prince
Chapter 27 Grignel
Chapter 28 Another Side
Chapter 29 Memory of Us
Chapter 30 Griffin Ash
Chapter 31 Unavoidable
Chapter 32 Prisoner
Chapter 33 Hotdog
Chapter 34 Dot Marks the Spot
Chapter 35 The Fruit and The Ring
Chapter 36 Magic Cancels Magic
Chapter 37 Catch That Princess
Chapter 38 Damned to Faerie

Chapter 22 Reflection

373 28 1
By _Kiraran_

Chapter 22

Zhier and I have experienced numerous communication breakdowns as a result of Zhier's mother being the primary suspect in the disappearance of the unseelie prince. I understand that he may still be in the denial phase, but it feels like I am walking on thin ice whenever I try to talk to him.

One time, I suggested that we should ask the Unseelie people for help, as they are more likely to be on our side than his own people. He refused my suggestion, telling me that Unseelie's cannot be trusted. Of course, we had an argument about that because it is so obvious that he is being biased about his own people again.

As much as I hate that he is sidding with his mother, I can't say that I can blame him. Even I would be upset if someone were to slander my mother.

I am just so grateful that I learn the fairy language since I was able to send a letter to the Unseelies, which I had Jade deliver to them. I did it in secret because I knew it would enrage Zhier and spark a new argument between us.

Now that I think about it, I don't think that I have been in touch with Klovis in my dreams, which gives me a lot of worry.

Is he still alive?

Looking at my mark, I can see that it has faded slightly, but it is still there. For the first time since I have come to this realm, I am glad that I still have the mark. Seeing it gives me a sense of comfort that Klovis is still alive.

Come to think of it, it has been three days since Zhier visited me. I also have not received word from the unseelies.

Did they get my letter?

They should have, right? Jade already returned last night, which means that he was able to deliver it.

Maybe I should go and reconcile with Zhier. After all, we are still in this together since we are looking for Klovis.

"Jade, come with me for a moment. We're going to look for Zhier." Jade yawns from his little bed and quickly runs to follow me to the door. It was Zhier who told me to keep the emerald beast with me at all times because we don't know what's going to happen next. If I want to make amends with Zhier, I should not give him anything that would allow him to start arguing with me again.

I just got out of my room when I came face-to-face with Serefina, who looked surprised to see me outside. "My lady, what are you doing out here?"

"I am out to look for Zhier. Is he still on the training grounds?" If my memory serves me right, he should be out and training with the other seelie knights.

"H-He's busy right now, my lady. It would be nice if you could go back to your room. I will tell his majesty to come visit you." Serefina is the type of attendant who is strong, strict, and confident. Looking at her nervous state gives me a sense that there must be something wrong. What's more, it is pretty rare for me to see her standing in front of my door without me calling for her. Somehow, it almost seems like...

"Serefina, by any chance, are you keeping watch on me?" I say it in a joking manner so she won't notice the hint of suspicion in my voice.

Thankfully, the fairy rules about lies come into effect when she suddenly chokes on her words when she tries to deny it.

"I-...I can...I-..." Serafina stutters, but I cut her off by going straight to the point.

"Where's Zhier? Serafina, you better not lie to me." Because of the status that Zhier has given me by handing me his earring, I have come to learn that I have certain authorities in the palace. One of them is making demands on those of lower social standing than me.

I admit that I don't feel good about doing this to Serafina, but it seems like she is hiding something from me.

"H–He's in the training grounds, my lady."

"Then I shall go there and meet him."

"You can't!" She yells. "I–I was ordered not to let you out of your room..."

I raise a brow at her. "Is Zhier the one who gave you that order?"

"N-No..."

"Is the person who gave you that order have a higher status than me?"
"No, my lady."

"Then I don't think that person has the authority to keep me in my room. I am going to see Zhier. Don't try to stop me, Serafina." I turn my back on her so quickly that she doesn't even have time to react or even stop me.

I feel bad about my behavior just now, but considering the amount of time that I have endured with Serafina, I think that it is justifiable, especially when I am chasing a running clock to find Klovis.

Thankfully, Serafina no longer made an attempt to stop me while I went to seek out Zhier. The sooner we start talking again, the sooner we can help each other out in finding him.

I reach the training grounds with already a speech in mind and even a start up conversation to break the ice. I expected to see him training with the guards, but it surprises me to see that he's just sitting on a bench. He wasn't alone either. It seems like he is having a conversation with Fera, the princess who once threatened me. From their expression, it seems like they are locked in a deep conversation, as they were laughing and joking with one another.

For a brief moment, I almost forgot why I was there in the first place.

What is he doing with her? Shouldn't he be helping me look for Klovis?

It wasn't until Zhier's gaze found mine that I seemed to recall my purpose here, but before I can even move or open my mouth, Zhier is already standing up and is heading in my direction.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in your room?" It surprises me when his tone of voice sounds angry rather than curious.

Why is he so mad at me for? Is this what he's been doing? I thought he was too busy to visit me, but it just turns out that he's with Fera? What about Klovis? Is he still doing his part to help me find him?

Somehow, all these questions began to pile up in my head, and I was starting to become furious with each passing thought.

"What are you so angry about?" I say coldly. "I was just taking a walk." It was such an obvious lie that even my old neighbor's dog wouldn't believe it.

"Go back to your room, Livia." He orders me. "You should not be outside. If you need me, I will go and visit you later." It would appear that Zhier is not a fool at all, since he already knows that I am here for him. Still, I was so angry at him for fooling around like this instead of helping me find Klovis.

"I'm sorry, was I disturbing your date? I will go away right now, but I am not going to go back to my room."

Zhier lets out an irritated sigh and rubs the back of his neck irritably. "Livia, I don't know what you've seen, but getting jealous right now is not like you."

"Excuse me?" I gape at him. "Jealous? Of who? You and the princess?" I feel greatly insulted when Zhier merely crosses his arms and raises a brow, like he is telling me that it's an obvious question, which triggers me even more. If we weren't in a public place right now, I would scream. Lucky for us, I still have a little dignity left in me.

"Get over yourself, Zhier. You and I both know why I am here, in this realm, in the first place or have you forgotten about that already?" In order to give him a firm reminder, I showed him my left hand, which has my covered mark. Zhier's expression remains stoic and unchanged. He does not even seem to falter at my words, like they hold no meaning to him. "If you want to carry on to have dates with the princess, then I suggest that you help me find who we are looking for so I can finally leave this place and be at peace."

I can't stand it anymore. I don't think that I can hold out standing before him like this. I might scream or even slap him at this point. I excused myself from him and turned around to go in the other direction to get away from him.

The audacity of that guy. Does he not care about finding Klovis anymore?

Well, if he is not going to help me find Klovis, then I will go and look for him myself.

I was strongly distracted that I almost did not hear Jade barking at me in warning until I tripped and fell on the pond.

"Dang it." I curse, shivering a bit when the water soaks my clothes. I can hear the other fairies nearby whispering and giggling to each other when they see the current state that I am in. More than that, I feel really frustrated. My knees and hands are in the water, and I am just staring at my reflection angrily.

Jade starts to bark at me aggressively, making me want to tell him to be quiet. Looking at Jade, I see that he wasn't looking at me but at my reflection in the water.

As usual, the emerald beast is being a narcissistic beast.

But this is strange, he seems to be really happy.

I shake my head and decide to look back at my own reflection to see how badly I look right now. I have to suppress my gasp when my eyes stare at the water before me.

To my surprise, my reflection is not the one that greets me.

It was Prince Klovis.

~*~*~*~*~END OF CHAPTER~*~*~*~*~*~

Happy New Year!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 514 42
Sarah is an ordinary girl, who lives in a town far away from the world hassle. A town which is a small world of its own. A lot has happened with Sar...
50.4K 1.8K 50
"Mama!" "Bébé courir!" (Baby run!) The woman screamed in French at her child to run away, the young girl looking at her mother with tears in her eyes...
50.2K 5.2K 38
In the sequel to Treachery Queen, the Seelie Court has declared its war on the world, and nothing will ever be the same. It has only been a week sin...
98.8K 6K 24
Book 1 - Born of Roses Book 2 - Changed by Love Book 3 - Hidden by Foam *** Born of roses will she wake to end the suffering of his reign. Power pie...