Phantom in the Gamer System

By atzlein

( An eccessively OP!MC. Multiple crossovers featuring world-hopping. Might be influenced by Crack. I have no... More

Ch. 1 ~ "Phantom x Devils"
Ch. 1.5 - "Maybe I should've stayed human"
Ch. 2 ~ "The extra life the ghost wants"
Ch. 2.5 ~ "An extra life anywhere she wants"
Ch.3 Part 1 - "The ID and the Backdoor"
Ch. 3 Part 2 ~ "Endlessly Going Through Doors"
I. 1 ~ "Save Point"
Ch. 4 Part 1 ~ "A not-so-warm welcome back"
Update II
nevermind

Prologue - "The end of an Idyllic Dream"

1.7K 38 34
By atzlein

...

...

Cold.. It's cold. That was the only thing I felt when I woke up. Is this how it is? I don't remember. Did I die, or is this just the start of my life? I don't remember what I am, or who was in my life. It.. I'm betting it's the latter. I don't know. I don't know how I got here, I don't know why I got here, I clearly don't know who I am, what I am, or.. was.. I don't know when I got here, and I don't know where I am.

It's dark, and I can't see anything. I tried to move, and yet I can't. I can see, but I can't feel anything. I'm pretty sure I don't even have limbs or a body. Is this.. purgatory? Huh.. It feels weird.

Am I cursed to float here forevermore, waiting for something to choose me so that I might live again? Is.. Is it really so dull? The afterli--

[Loading Complete. Hello, User. Welcome to the Gamer System.]

..A what now? I don't--

[Ah, right. We apologize. Allow me- the system you wished for yourself, to give you a part of your memories back.]
Huh? Wh--

PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN

Shit. SHIT. SHIT! What the hell?!

..It wasn't lying, but I at least know who I was, and what I wished for.

My name was.. Ichone. Ichone Kohaku. I died from a disease I contracted at 15, and I remember the doctor said I had around another year to live. Well, I died at 17, so that counts..?

That- I'm sure that warrants for something, right?

I do remember wanting-- no, wishing to live for a few more days because I needed to live more so that I could see one of the stories I've been reading through games come to an end. Honestly.. I guess I didn't, huh? That's a shame..

[The system would not be here had you not specifically wished for such. You have technically already accepted the system's terms and services by wishing for this, so we will move to creating your new body.]

..I feel as though you're rushing me.

[Have you any better to do?]

Okay then, you have a mouth. Fine then. Please go ahead and work your magic.

[We thank you for your patience.]

Added The Following Perks.

[Gamer's Mind] - Prevents (most) mental attacks, including mind reading, mind control, and lets the user to stay calm and collected during most situations.

The mental resistance doesn't always work if it's strong enough, and mental states from the user's own perks will still apply. You will still be insane if you have [Madness Enhancement].

[Gamer's Body] - The user's body can regenerate completely at an inhuman pace, and will stay pretty much at the state the user would like. Major wounds might not disappear from one's body completely unless treated properly.

You will still need basic human needs, such as sleep and hunger. Sleep will restore all stats, restore status effects, and will prepare you for the next day. However, sleeping improperly, passing out, and overall, "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" will only restore 80% of what it is intended to do.

Are these.. Gamer perks? That trope running around fanfiction sites? That's.. honestly..

How convenient. Aren't these the two most basic perks, though? I feel as if there's something missing here.

[Be patient.]

I'm sorry.

[Observe] - Focusing on a target will show their level and basic stats. At higher levels, this branches out so that one can thoroughly inspect their target.

Exlcuding beings at a much higher level than the user, people may be unable to be scanned if they're concealing themselves. Other beings can also sense this, if sensitive and/or paranoid enough. Higher levels or evolution branches will be able to ignore these weaknesses.

[ID Create] - Creates a pocket dimension with a maximum of 5k kilometers in diameter. Dungeons can be unlocked, entered, and repeated daily.

The time spent in an ID only equals to mere minutes in the real world.

Dungeons only have three to five floors, but the amount of "forts" one must capture before receiving the rewards and moving onto the next floor may vary from 6-10. The difficulty spikes each floor in response to the amount of mobs and "mob captains" spawned in said floor.

Capturing forts will require one to defeat a set amount of mobs to bring out the "mob captain". Defeating these captains will claim the fort.

Essentially, this version of [ID Create] creates an extended musou stage for one to play in, instead of the classic daily dungeon.

Rewards are only received upon the first clear on each floor, and extended periods of time (1 Hour) spent in a floor will reduce the rewards and experience gained. Further extended periods (2-3 Hours) will call upon the [Arbitration].

The [Arbitration] is an entity which will hunt you down unless you go to the next floor. Beating this might reward one with extra, exclusive awards.. though please do not count on it. This entity will be dozens, if not hundreds of times stronger than the dungeon boss at the end.

..I was honestly expecting the classic [ID Create], but I'm both relieved and terrified by the change. I love the feeling musou games have, but..

What the fuck is an [Arbitration]? From what the system is telling me, it's basically the Reaper from the Megami Tensei series. The hidden reward is tempting, but what do I--

[You may still feel pain, but you will not die. It is simply just that Dungeon will not be accessible for the day anymore.]

..Alright, fair enough. What about the reward?

[The reward can vary from an S rank or a 6 star weapon, or a valuable accessory.]

Good to know.. so I can get a weapon, or something that probably won't show up easily- if it even shows up anywhere else. So, what happens if I do die?

[You will still feels what it means to die. Afterwards, if you fail, that dungeon will simply not be accessible for the day, and all rewards and experience gained will be forfeit. If you die in an ID create, you don't get anything. We at least don't have to pull any strings to bring you back if that happens.]

So a classic failure scenario, huh? I understand. Again, I don't have a choice, so I can do nothing but accept the fact that happens. I.. assume I have a final goal to work towards?

[Surprisingly not, other than you will have to resolve the issue on the world you will be placed in.]

..Placed? Oh, so it's one of those scenarios. I just hope it isn't a universe I was unfamiliar with, nor- god forbid I was transposed to a shonen world. Please no. I'd rather take a fucking ecchi setting. Everyone knows the average person in any of those worlds die to show someone's power.

I don't want to die on the first day, thanks.

[..Very well. But-- Oh, what's this? I'm sorry, but there is a goal now.]

I knew it wasn't that easy. So what is it?

[MAIN QUEST]

"The Idyllic Dream's End"

Objective: Finish creating your new body.

Reward: Basic Starter Pack, 2 Starter Perks, Basic Starter Skills, 1 Main Goal

...

...

You're kidding me. That's it? Well, it isn't something like a request to "Kill God" or "Kill the Hero". Okay.. Um.. I guess.. I should--

[Next]

[About time.]

..Isn't this partly your fault? You didn't even tell me I could do that.

Select Your Race.

[Dead Apostle]

[Human]

[Demon]

[Angel]

[Fallen Angel]

[Fairy]

[Dragon]

[Spirit]

[NPC]

[Youkai]

And a lot of other things, but I don't feel like the system is generous enough to let me specifically choose a subspecies I would want. I know [Human], [Dragon], and [Dead Apostle] is pretty much a guaranteed powerup- with the latter two I assume having a small chance to even have any change, yet a big chance to have a racial power boost.

..Wait, [Dead Apostle]? Am I gonna get snowballed into the Nasuverse? Who the hell made this? That's basically a vampire, and if my paranoia serves me right- which it always does, mind you..

I'd get hunted down by just existing!

If I picked [Dragon], I would love being a gijinka, but if I have a chance to get something lame like the basic lizard instead of something cool like the likes of Malzeno, Namielle, and Vaal Hazak.. I don't want to be the stupid flame lizard. Knowing my luck, I'd get the stupid fire lizard. Worse, I'd be just a lizard. Too risky. I probably won't even be any of the Elder Dragons.

As interesting being a [Dead Apostle] would be, I doubt I'd get the privilege of being a True Ancestor, nor will I get the privilege of just not being put on a church executor's shitlist. That's an entire can of worms by itself, and it won't be anything good.

..[System], what privileges do I have? Do I have any in the first place? Will I--

[Yes, your sudden presence and magic signature will be masked. We won't give you the privilege of choosing a specific subspecies, being that you know what to pick for a far more advantageous setup, but the starter perks would cover that.]

I don't trust that. That's too good to be true.

..Fuck it, then. Can I at least choose which [Youkai] I'll be? Judging from your wording earlier, I'd get placed in a world I'm somewhat familiar with, and being a [Dragon] or a [Dead Apostle] would be a dead giveaway, even if you did mask my signature. And being a random one would be incredibly luck-based. I won't get the chance to have Stage 4 power levels at best.

Needless to say, I do not trust my luck.

[+2 INT for thinking this through.]

[Request accepted. We'll give you a list.]

[Phantom]

[Kitsune]

[Ungaikyo]

[Nue]

[Tsukumogami]

[Yuki-onna]

[Kappa]

[Half-Youkai]

[Doll]

[Beast Youkai]

[Tengu]

..And so on so forth. But I think the system's reading my mind already, because I already decided what I'm going to be, since it's alrteady at the top.

Race Chosen

[Phantom] - Also referred to as an Onibi. These are the standard ghostly spirits in Japanese folklore, taking the form of semi-tangible wisps similar in appearance to divine and evil spirits. They are also referred to as the Japanese will-o'-the-wisps.

The user, having (chosen) rolled this, will take the form of a long-forgotten person from long ago, which ensures the person will be passed off as a total nobody.

Bonuses: 300% bonus to any skill related to [Ghosts], [Spirits], [Curses], [Necromancy], [Onmyoudou,] and [Invocation]. The user will gain a bonus on [Stealth], and their footsteps will always be muffled. With training, the user can also become Ethereal and will be able to pass through walls. Passively grants [Presence Concealment].

Thank you. Thank you so much. I actually mean that.

[You're welcome, but I'm not giving you rep for that.]

Understandable. I suppose it's time for the.. Wait, did you just admit you give out rep?

Choose your class.

[Saber] [Archer] [Lancer] [Caster] [Rider] [Assassin] [Berserker]

...Are you shitting me, [System]?

..What next, am I gonna be put into- actually, with how idiotic and random this can be, I CAN be put in a world with elements of every game I get put in. And it'll be random, too. There's no reason for the game to let me choose what "world jumble" I'll be able to do.

I just hope I'd be able to recognize everything if I don't get the privilege to learn multiverse travel. Hey, maybe I can learn the Second Magic..

..Hold that thought, isn't that what this is already?

[Are you done? I'll give you +3 INT if you are.]

..Yes, I am.

[+3 INT and WIS for thinking into things a bit too much.]

Hey!

[Saber] - Start with plenty of sword experience, a random sword, and the [Magic Resistance] skill. Slightly decreases INT.

[Archer] - Start with archery training, a bow, and a minor [Clairvoyance] skill. Slightly decreases VIT.

[Lancer] - Start with plenty of experience with a polearm, a random polearm, and the [Magic Resistance] skill. Slightly decreases LUK.

[Caster] - Start with either a tome, a staff, or a rod, along with knowledge in magecraft, and the [Item Construction] skill. Slightly decreases DEX.

[Rider] - Start with a contracted, mountable familiar, sufficient bond with said familiar, and the [Riding] skill. Slightly decreases STR.

[Assassin] - Start with sufficient knowledge on stealth, a small kit for assassination, and the [Presence Concealment] skill. Slightly decreases VIT.

[Berserker] - Start with a large boost to every stat, a random weapon, and the [Madness Enhancement] skill. Slightly decreases INT.

All choices will give you High-Quality magic circuits (Void because of current species until race changes into [Human]) , along with a chosen Element. Starter items will be C to A tier.

..Why am I not surprised with [Lancer] being the one class to decrease your luck?

Also, I didn't expect that. I guess it's the consequence of not choosing to be a human, huh?

Anyway, time to think this through.. Hm..

[Berserker] is an immediate pass. I'm not trading my sanity for a "major boost". The best case scenario is I would be obsessed with something, and [Gamer's Mind] has exceptions to what mental states it can prevent. [Madness Enhancement] is also the goddamn example!

[Assassin] and [Archer] is crossed off, being that I don't feel comfortable with potshots, and I already have [Presence Concealment].

Sure, [Archers] in the nasuverse aren't Archers at all with a few exceptions, but It already said I'd get a bow, and nothing else. I can already earn to become one.

[Lancer].. I'll die. No other reason. I either die, or I die. This system already established it isn't human. Plus, I feel like that LUK decrease means something.

If I want to stay hidden, then [Rider] is a no for me. I predict a handful of people would know the difference between a regular person or a regular person being tailed by an invisible horse.

So, that leaves only [Saber] and [Caster]. The two classes of the main servants in the Extraverse. How ironic. And the ones I'm most comfortable with.

[+1 Added to INT. I'll run out at this rate.]

You better not deduct that from my skillpoints, if there are any.

Anyway, [Saber] is a good choice because I.. just like swords. I like katanas, and I know I'm a filthy nerd. I also would like it because [Sabers] usually have extremely odd niches to their swords, that being.. the beams.

Judgement Cut. Sword Waves. Anything one can imagine with a sword..

[Caster] is a class I'm most familiar with because I loved playing with magic in games, as nothing beats the feeling of having essentially unlimited mana. It said I get high-quality magic circuits-- well, I'd say that if I was planning to become human again, though this still would be the best class I'd take..

Being able to pull nukes out of one's ass would also help a lot in the long run. Especially in the Musou IDs.

So naturally, I took [Caster]. There are plenty of Casters who use sub weapons- especially that dick wizard, but I assume I'd earn the option to have two different classes anyway. Plus, with Musou-Style [ID Create], the feeling of Euphoria I'd get..

As much as I would love to imitate Vergil, 2B, or Jetstream Sam, that'd have to wait. I don't know how I'd get Item Construction or any of the other skills if not picking it as the second class.

Successfully chose Caster.

Extra Classes will be earned through various deeds instead of being unlocked as such.

{Item Construction Lv 1}

The ability to manufacture items or constructs through magical effort, not limited to daily necessities, and items used in war.

Okay, that's done. Are you gonna give me the perks you were talking about or..?

[Woman, I will deduct your LUK stat out of spite. But It is in protocol, so..]

Good! Good system.

Choose two Elemental Alignments.

[Fire] [Water] [Earth] [Wind] [Void] [Hollow] [Nothingness]

I don't need to look at the descriptions. Although it'll likely place a target in my back when I show up in any Nasuverse world, I choose [Nothingness] and [Hollow]. Those two.. spoke to me. It's as if I felt right choosing these two more than anything else on the list, even though they're classified as Imaginary.

..I just hope it at least helps me do something. I'm essentially firing in the dark here, and I likely won't have easy access to any of the other magic. I hope that being a [Caster] would help me learn all of them earlier. I'm not gonna be an Average One, am I?

[No. That isn't a perk this time.]

Figures. With that confirmation, I mentally command it to go next.

Before that, though.. Hey, [System], who had a hand in making you? Preferably names that I'll recognize. At least two.

[Yukari Yakumo and Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg.]

Those two slimy pieces of--

..I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I wonder why the [System]'s here with me instead of anyone else from their universes, though. Maybe I'm just lucky?

It won't change my luck, though. The next screen appears, listing the last of the boons I'll get.

Please select at least two perks from the list below.

[My name is Saiki K] - Grants access to a random max-leveled psychic ability, including Rainbow Tier Mystic Eyes, Clairvoyance, Precognition, and a few more.

[True Equilibrium] - Perfect memory, and perfect control over one's emotions. The classic "don't lose your composure" option. As a bonus, also allows the user to always keep a straight face.

[Gravewalker] - (Special Race Perk) As long as your malice remains, you cannot truly die. Essentially grants a "respawn". Dying instead takes a toll on your emotional sense instead of the system having to pull some strings to do so.

[I'll just keep growing] - The classic guaranteed assurance of limitless potential. The user will keep what they have chosen earlier.

[I am thou] - The user will be able to be possessed by or will be able to "Install" a random Heroic or Divine Spirit of their class, as well as being able to hear that same spirit's voice inside of one's head from time to time.

[Lovecraftian Shenanigans] - Forcibly changes the class to a [Foreigner]. The user will have full possession of an Outer God's blessing. Might have unintended side effects.

[Eastern Wonderland] - Gensokyo is a part of you. The boundary Youkai has allowed it, and you will be able to use a piece of every person living there.. save for a few exceptions that don't seem to agree just yet.

[Let's Dance] - A desire to fight things will be implanted upon the user. Every combat-related skill will grow 500% faster, and will grant [Battle Continuation EX] as a bonus. Gaining EXP in combat is boosted by 3x the value.

..Okay, these are all incredibly busted, aside from [True Equilibrium]. As good as turning off one's emotions sounds, that can be dealt with by training. Besides, you can get it by dying enough with [Gravewalker]. Kind of a double-negative, to be honest.

The psychic perk is incredibly good, too. I can either get a guaranteed instant kill ability, perfect knowledge of the future, and basically become who it's describing.

I'll put it in consideration.

[Gravewalker] is incredibly tempting, but I'd like the system to suffer. I know I have limited lives until it gets fed up and drops me dead in a ditch, so I'll be cautious.

[Oi.]

Ignoring that.

[I'll just keep growing].. Yeah, I would. This is a no-brainer. It removes my limiter, albeit I'll have to work my ass off to reach the top and soar to the top.

I choose it, because it basically lets me grind more.

..Not really, though. I just don't want to feel one-upped.

The others are also tempting, but [Eastern Wonderland] is basically a free cheat skill. How did Yukari manage this?.. Though, if it's giving me this perk from the start, I have some doubts.. Then again, I can think of no other way to gain this perk. Having almost everybody in Gensokyo use their power to help me? It feels like a goddamn cheat more than the other cheats in this perk menu.

How did she manage to approve of this? I know I won't get her ability, but how?

[Lovecraftian Shenanigans] and [I am thou].. Basically the same result as being possessed. It's not gonna be good for me, and I don't want to hear the voice of someone like Caster Gilles de Rais in my head. Worse, I'll be like the [Foreigners] in their Third Ascension.

Plus, do you think an Outer God of all things would just let me have full control over my body? A Heroic Spirit is one thing-- best case scenarios being that I get a willing mentor and/or a powerful one, but an Outer God inside my head is just asking for trouble.

[Let's Dance] is a growth perk, but I'm not gonna pick it. I can stomach spending more time in the IDs if it means the same result either way. Though, if I chose [Saber] earlier, I would've picked it.

One more thing.. Hey, [System]? Will you be able to give me these perks again if I.. y'know, Prestige? Ascend? Reset?

[..Yes, you can. You will also be able to get these perks and a few more if you reach the max level and prestige. However, that thing you said about [Gravewalker].. I'm not letting you pick anything if you die even twice. Got that? I'll give you a bonus choice if you manage to do that.]

..Challenge accepted. I'll be careful. Put it in the quest log, will you?

[Fine.]

[MAIN QUEST]

"Isn't this basically hardcore mode?"

Client: The System

Objective: Reach the max level without dying in the real world more than two times

Reward: One bonus choice from the perk selection, REP with the system unlocked

With that quest added to the log, I pick my perks, and look at my status now.

Name: Ichone Kohaku

Level: 1 (EXP: 0/200)

HP: ?

MP: ? (MP • Level • Circuits)

ST: ?

Class: [Caster]

Alignment: Neutral Good

Age: ?

Titles: [The Gamer]

Race: Phantom

STR: 8

DEX: 12

END: 9

INT: 17

LUK: 8

Points: 10

Origin: ?̴̪͓̜̮̤͒̑͂̆?̴̪͓̜̮̤͒̑͂̆?̴̪͓̜̮̤͒̑͂̆

Perks: [My name is Saiki K/Extreme ESP Ability], [I'll just keep growing/Limit Break: Potential]

Elemental Affinity: [Nothingness], [Hollow]

Circuit Quality: A (1.8) (Activated)

Circuit Amount: 38 (A) (Activated)

As tempting as [Eastern Wonderland] would be, I'd have to improve myself enough to even get a chance at impressing half the people there.

..Good.

I assume I'll get the abilities later. Is this the final step?

But.. why's my origin unknown? Can't I choose it?

[You already had that. Changing that is like changing everything about you.]

..I already had one? If so, fair enough. I guess I'll figure it out later.

[Yes. Please choose the main world you'll be placed at.]

World Selection

By the user's wish, Worlds with the primary tag of [Shonen] will be blacklisted for now.

Tsukihime

Fate (Stay/Night, Zero, Strange/Fake, Prototype, Extra, Apocrypha, Illya)

Fate/Grand Order (Fuyuki, Orleans, Septem, Okeanos, London, America, Camelot, Babylonia)

Touhou Project

Marvel

DC

Campione

Highschool DxD

Konosuba

Overlord

Terraria (Calamity Mod, Fargo's Souls)

Persona 4

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

Date A Live

Godzilla

Rising of The Shield Hero

Punishing Gray Raven

Genshin Impact

Arknights

Random Selection

The first 3 choices are gone. If it means getting out of Alaya's hair already, I'll take it. I'm not gonna be hunted down by a squad of Counter Guardians, even if I did pick living in the Moon Cell or one of the Singularities. Alaya is too much of a risk, and I won't take it, even if it means having the chance to bow down to our lord and savior, Saint Quartz.

..Extraverse also means I'd be living near BB. And Archimedes. And Velber. Yeah, no.

Not like I'd get someone like one of the Devas.. Hold that thought, if Touhou's one of the options, doesn't that mean the three from Touhou can be summoned too?

Regardless, with my luck, I won't get them even if I did manage to get a servant. Catalysts be damned, I'd probably get someone like Osakabehime and end up only fighting once I give her enough time to be a shut-in.

Meaning, I'd lose instantly. But that's when I choose one of the grail wars, Extra be damned.

Extella is pretty much the best choice if I really did want to do something with Fate, because that story isn't one of a grail war-- it's about stopping Velber.. and Karl. But it didn't let me choose that one's story, so it's still a pass.

With how messed-up the Singularities are, I'd die even when I'm placed on somewhere like Septem.

Touhou is also gone. Yukari will know. She's basically the one allowing me to do so. Plus, I'd be considered a trash phantom youkai at best, compared to.. I don't know, everyone else that has a name there? Save for Akyuu and Kosuzu, of course. Regardless, I'd get beaten up either way.

DC and Marvel.. No. Absolutely not. Not going to be hunted down by either side of the spectrum.

Campione and Highschool DxD are.. acceptable. Ignoring the more questionable aspect, their worlds are actually one of the good ones to be in, in terms of rising to the top. For Campione.. Okay, I admit it. I don't have any plan here other than "Avoid going near an important figure".

DxD.. If my addiction to read Fanfiction is correct, Koneko is a problem. She'll know who and what I am if I don't take safety measures. After that, I'll be roped into the plot. I just need to survive for the next two weeks while making sure Koneko Toujou doesn't follow me. I know I'll somehow be tailed by Team DxD if the system is lying about masking my scent. I don't trust [Presence Concealment] at all, and I don't trust the [System]. I'll need to be careful.

Konosuba is one of the best choices. Literally nobody would notice anything off about me save for the Demon King's Army and the four idiots. I can pretty much grind to max level without any time limit.

Overlord.. I doubt I'd be placed in the tomb, let alone a supreme being. I'm not choosing that because I just feel Nazarick would be there with me. And plus, the moment I spend too long. Nazarick is already dominating everything.

Terraria is a strange choice, though. That world would either trap me, or be completely unknown. I'd just have the NPCs to talk to.. It'd be a good choice, if not for the fact that two of the main mods I play are there. Calamity is a can of worms, and Fargo's is another.

The Calamity Mod quite literally adds everything that want to kill you, and more. If I'm not the Terrarian, I'm screwed.

Fargo's Souls has something called "Masochist Mode" for a reason. Everything there somehow wants to kill you ten times more, and going pretty much anywhere is a death sentence. The reward for reaching the absolute end-- The Soul of Eternity is basically godhood, however, I don't want to die.

Frankly, I'm screwed either way. I don't see Magic Storage being a thing there, so It's a hard pass.

Persona 4.. Will I be like Teddie? I'm not human at all- I'm a phantom. I'm basically doomed to wander in the TV world if it doesn't let me masquerade as a human. I think that's why Persona 3 or 5 isn't listed- let alone the entirety of Megaten.

Then again, most of the "Main" Megatensei games is already more of a death trap

Not gonna bother choosing Jojo. Not gonna be a target for Speedwagon Foundation, and I sure as hell won't live with any of the main villains in each part. Stand Users will most likely consider a Phantom like me a long-range Stand. Hard pass. The safest place would be Ghost Alley in Morioh, but even that's a horrible idea.

Date A Live? Nope. I'm a fucking phantom. I'd get jumped the first seven hours I decide to exist. Or I think that because it didn't stick with me that much-- essentially making me blind aside from knowing a few characters' names.

Godzilla is self-explanatory. Absolutely not.

Rising of The Shield Hero? That's honestly pretty tempting, if not for the fact that SOME people are incredibly stupid and some are evil for the sake of being evil. The Waves are basically a natural ID create, but if I meet a Cardinal Hero, I'm running. I'm not gonna deal with their bullcrap, and the main protagonist would refuse me the first chance he gets. Regardless, I'll put it in consideration.

The last three are gacha games, and literally none are safe for me.

Punishing Gray Raven is a death trap lest I become an Ascendant, a Babylonian.. or..

Did Ishmael have a hand at this? There are basically no records of any Gamer System using "Her" world, so this might be a first..

[Perceptive. Yes, Ishmael- "The Merciful One", did have a hand at creating us.]

Of-fucking-course. The moment I show up, she'll be there, because she WANTED this. She wanted an unknown factor to place into an already barren world.

No. I'm passing. I don't want Punishing Virus integrated into my body, and I don't want to get taken into Babylonia for "research" purposes. I probably will once I have the chance to, but nope.

I'm not gonna deal with a deranged squad, nor will I join The Ascendants and their glorified circus.

I'm passing. Hard pass. Nope.

Genshin would label me a Descender, or place me somewhere at Enkanomiya or in the middle of nowhere because of my race. Again, the likely people that would hunt me down are the Abyss Order and the Fatui. Not gonna bother. Teyvat is a death trap, and I value my own life.

I won't get a vision at all, if any. If my elemental alignment were any different, I'd probably get one. I chose [Hollow] and [Nothingness], so the chances of that happening were slim to none.

Arknights is also pretty much hell on Earth- or, Terra. I'm not gonna bother with Oripathy-- then again, I don't remember having played that thing much. There's probably even more screwed up crap there..

That leaves four relatively safe choices. Konosuba, Campione, Highschool DxD, and Rising of The Shield Hero.

All of these choices have more benefits than risks, with DxD and Campione having the most risks. But if I had to be selfish, it's that I'd like to experience Highschool. Konosuba and Shield Hero would be the best choices, as they're primarily fantasy and Isekai. I'm a damn phantom, and nobody would notice anything off there..

..Wait, before I choose, does Prestiging exist?

[About time you asked. Yes, Prestiging will allow you to go to another world, as well as an audience with your metaphorical Supervisor. Your stats and level will be reset with a minor permanent growth to everything afterwards, and you'll be able to keep your perks and skills.]

Hm. Good to know it hasn't changed.

Now, what to pick..? Maybe I'll change my mind, and pick something else.. But I doubt it. I want to stay safe for a reason..

Decisions, Decisions.. I guess I'll pick--

NOTICE: This prologue is up for a rewrite. The stats and skills will remain the same.

======================

A/N: Welcome to my first fanfiction! I primarily wrote this out of boredom, so please (kindly) inform me if there's anything too drastic. I'll likely choose the world myself, but here's chapter 1!

If you want to get an idea of Ichone's general appearance, you can refer to Shirasu Azusa from Blue Archive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.1K 11
Fifteen year old Kasai gets shot and dies after protecting a nun from getting robbed. God then reincarnates her into one of her favorite anime's High...
20.5K 919 11
Opposites Attract -Percy Jackson AU love story/fanfiction- There's another book but it's a different ship you don't have to read it. Percy Theseus J...
445K 21.7K 53
SUNA RINTAROU X (OC)READER Six players stand on each side of the court. Six players, one mind, one goal. While there is no force more powerful than...
341K 9.8K 70
[Death is the natural end to a life, uneventful or otherwise.] [Those who bridge the gap between life and death battle against nature.] [To flow agai...