Bloom

By JalynLana

For the hopeless romantics and the thrill seekers. Giselle "G" Rowe is trying her hardest to achieve specific... More

intro
01 | mystery man
02 | someday
03 | lights out
04 | fresh juice
05 | double date
06 | tell him
07 | gratitude
08 | bloom
09 | granny's cookin'
10 | leap of faith
11 | smoother than silk
12 | loser baby daddy
14 | just focus
15 | infatuated
16 | artsy sh!t
17 | sister, sister
18 | whatever I want
19 | cutting ties
20 | orange sunsets
21 | regretful tears
22 | hell has frozen
23 | i wanna be with you
24 | dancing with the devil
25 | you are appreciated
26 | trouble in paradise
27 | brown is the warmest
28 | sonder
29 | euphoria
30 | four letter word
31 | valentine (exclusive)
32 | the lockharts (exclusive)
33 | office visit (exclusive)
34 | life was great
35 | until it wasn't
epilogue
❀ thank you ❀
New Story

13 | body language

1.8K 160 25
By JalynLana

Rashad "June" Lockhart jr
Friday, October 28 | 7:53 p.m.
Smooth Central - Poetry and Hookah Lounge

-

The atmosphere of Smooth Central is cool overall with good drinks, nice looking women, and tunes that flow as well as the name of the building suggests, but for whatever reason, I'm just not feeling it tonight.

Niko has taken the stage, performing an original song and it's not half bad, judging by the amount of women openly swooning over it. I can't lie, it's a welcomed change from the previous acts that were almost too emotional for me to bare. I'm not used to seeing strangers pour their hearts out and expose their deepest darkest secrets for an entire audience.

Dex is having good time though and that's all that I really care about. A few weeks ago, I told this nigga that I'd come so I'm making an effort to actually be good company.

At least until Ashanti show up.

The woman sitting across from me is staring again, her painted lips wrapped around a hookah pen. Tattoos litter her crossed thighs and it doesn't go unnoticed how her entire face perks up when we lock eyes. I've seen her around before, but I don't really know her. She's more of an acquaintance to Dex, but judging by her unrelenting eye contact, there's come sort of interest in me.

Aight then, I'll speak first.

"Wassup? I didn't get your name."

"I'm Shanice." She smiles, clearly pleased that her not so subtle, yet indirect flirting worked.

"Shanice, huh? I'm June." I extend my hand towards her and the smile on her face widens as our palms connect.

"Oh, I know who you are. Dex's big little cousin."

I chuckle. This isn't the first time that I've been called that and probably not the last because it's true. Although older than I am and around the same height, we still had a noticeable size difference with him being significantly thinner.

Niko exits the stage and is quickly replaced by a woman with many facial piercings. She immediately breaks out into a rendition of a popular Summer Walker song and Dex nods his head like it's a trap beat, hyping himself up for when he inevitably takes the mic.

My boy loves poetry, music, and art. I mean, I do too but not as much as Dex. He's been so entranced with the many talents that have graced the stage tonight that he's barely been holding any conversation, much to the distain of more than a few women. I swirl the liquid in my glass, feeling the chunky ice clank around and laugh to myself as he responds dryly to yet another interested young lady.

She's slim, light skin, with super long nails and dramatic eye-lashes — usually the type that he'd go for, but right now, he's shrugging her off too. Whether or not it's solely because of his interest in the music is debatable.

He ain't gone admit it yet, but that nigga in love.

The shock is visible on many faces when it's finally Dex's turn to grab the microphone. To most people, he's the quiet dude that's always high so they've probably never heard his voice before. Shit, they've probably never even heard mine either. Mack is the talkative one.

Disbelief quickly turns into enjoyment as he recites original poetry, mixing in a bit of freestyle to the melodic beat that has everyone clapping rhythmically. I nod my head, laying my arm on the back of his now empty seat.

The spot isn't vacant for very long before Shanice eases down beside me, resting the back of her head on my bicep with a sly smile. "What can I say? There's just a better view over here." She reaches for the bottle on the table and pours herself up.

I shrug indifferently, turning my attention back to my cousin. Ashanti is standing in the front row now, smiling warmly as she records him. I don't know when she came in, but I'm happy that she didn't miss his performance.

I'll be free to dip soon, already knowing that Dex will be preoccupied for real now. Plus, I'm uninterested in furthering conversation with anybody else. My bed feels like the better option.

I set my empty glass down on the table, taking in the newly uncovered view of the bar that Shanice's absence from the space across from me has offered. Niko is leaning on the counter, speaking with a forced sense of suave to the woman next to him.

Goofy ass nigga.

I tolerate him because he's good for business. His popularity online and in the clubs is how Mack and I got our clientele up in the beginning. He would bring the crowd out and we would supply a decent building and equipment. Eventually, the two of them actually became cool outside of work though so he tags along with us sometimes.

The bartender replaces the empty martini glass in front of her with a fresh one that's tinted with a light green hue and I straighten my posture.

I've never seen Giselle drink before.

No longer in box braids, her natural hair has been straightened and parted down the middle, reaching just above the center of her back. I easily recognize the black form-fitting dress as one of her creations. It's long, covering her ankles and strapless, revealing more than just a bit of cleavage. Simple and sexy.

Her beauty isn't the most noticeable thing about her right now though. It's the redness in her eyes, the untouched food in front of her, and the way her eyebrows seem to be permanently furrowed together in affliction that concerns me.

Now, her gaze is fixated on the graceful lady that's just taken the stage. Sitting on a stool, tears stream down the woman's face as she strums the acoustic guitar placed on her lap.

Giselle takes a deep breath, plastering on a phony smile as Niko attempts to continue whatever conversation he's hell bent on having, completely ignoring her obvious disinterest.

Is it really obvious or am I just paying too much attention?

I always listen when body language talks, especially Giselle's.

Dex approaches, holding hands with his girl, a smug grin tugging at his lips. I dap him up and without missing a beat, he plops down across from me, pulling Ashanti into his lap.

"You did yo' thang fasho." I nod my approval.

"Preciate it, cuzzo."

The next twenty minutes or so go by in slow motion. Dex and Ashanti get lost in conversation that they occasionally tag me in while Shanice won't shut the fuck up for even a second. The music seems to be louder now too, no longer coming from live performers and the headache that I've got brewing prompts me to finally stand up to dismiss myself.

"June, wait." Shanice hurriedly places her cup on the table and pulls her dress down as shuffles to her feet. "I think I need a ride. I'm too drunk to drive myself all the way home. Can you help me please." She bats her eyelashes, using every ounce of labored sex appeal to persuade me.

She's been hinting at wanting to come home with me ever since she took Dex's seat, so I already seen this coming. From the extreme interest in my jewelry and the car that I drive, to the countless sexual innuendos that slipped out of her mouth about her job, it's clear that she thinks she's found a nigga who wants to pay for pussy.

I don't doubt that she's actually intoxicated since she's nearly finished the majority of the bottle, but I do think that she's crazy for banking on me, a complete stranger, to take care of her. I know this game. She think she hitting a lick — think she done found her some dick and a new wallet.

She think I'm stupid.

I don't judge anybody for how they make their money, sex workers included, but come on man. She shoulda at least made sure that I was actually interested in her first. Then maybe she would have actually seen the inside of my condo or even my car. She ain't invited to neither one. I grab two twenty dollar bills out of my pocket and hand it to her. Folks say that's how much it be costing anyway, right?

"Should be enough for the Uber."

Shanice hesitates slightly before she accepts the money, a flash of embarrassment crossing her features as she pulls her dress down.

Dex chuckles, seeing the look on my face and we slap hands before I head towards the door. I slow my stride as I pass the bar, catching wind of Giselle forcing another awkward laugh for Niko.

"You good?"

She snaps her head towards my direction and there's an expression present that I can't quite read. "I — hey, June. I'm fine, yeah."

No you ain't.

"Cool. Let me walk you to yo' car."

Niko scoffs, eyeing me skeptically. "Wassup?"

I don't spare him a glance, just a quick nod of acknowledgement as I fish out my wallet again, slapping $60 on the counter. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, but I...didn't drive." She slides off of the barstool and pulls her dress up a little, covering more of her chest before grabbing her jacket.

"My car's in the shop." Giselle adds lowly, exhaling with a bitter shrug. I gently place my hand on the small of her back and guide her away, pushing open one of the heavy glass doors.

"Oh, and thank you for the extra drink, Niko." She throws over her shoulder, pulling her jacket tighter around her as the chilly nighttime breeze engulfs our bodies.

"Anytime, shawty." His voice is nearly drowned out by the music and chatter inside, but still clear enough for Giselle and I hear.

Yeah, aight.

Heat is pouring from the vents immediately and I rub my hands together, basking in the newfound silence for a minute or two. Giselle is hugging herself, biting her lip and just staring into space.

"What's wrong witchu you...really?"

She sighs deeply and rests her head on the back of her seat. "I don't want to go home... at least not yet."

I'm a little alarmed, but I try to mask it, briefly twisting my body to face the passenger seat. From what I've gathered, Giselle is close to her family and she has it good still living with them so this is unusual. "Cool."

I switch gears and back out of the parking lot, zipping out into street with ease despite the late night traffic. Perks of living in the city — you get used to this shit.

Giselle stares out the window as the lounge disappears from our view and the other structures zoom by, seemingly in deep thought. Part of me doesn't want to interrupt. I've always been decent at minding my business, but there are exceptions to everything I guess.

"So, do you wanna talk about it?"

She twists her lips to the side, releasing another heavy exhale before another blanket of silence falls over the vehicle. Just when I think that she's chosen to ignore the question, Giselle opens up.

**********

Friday, October 28 | 10:27 p.m.
Crystal Lake Condominiums

-

I open the door to my condo and motion for Giselle to enter first, staring at her ass as she saunters in front of me. Although she's still kind of down, her spirits are more lifted than before and I feel proud, even though I didn't say much.

"Thank you for listening to me, June." I feel so much better after getting that off my chest." She smiles, shrugging out of her jacket. I skim over her body again, admiring the plump swell of her breasts and the curve of her hips.

"No problem. You look good in that dress, ma. You made it, right?"

"Yeah, how did you know? Oh, I showed you this one before, duh." She taps her forehead and laughs to herself. "Thank you though. It's made out of leftover fabric that I had from another project. That's why it's so thin. Nothing fancy."

"Well, I like it a lot." The material isn't as opaque as it was in the darkened lounge and I can just make out the shape of her areolae under the bright kitchen lights.

"And I like your eyes. They're so pretty."

"Preciate it." I chuckle, finding her face again. "They ain't that light for real though. They just appear that way 'cause I'm black as hell."

"Fine as hell too." She smirks, clasping her hands together and breaking eye contact.

"Oh yeah?" I take a step forward and grab Giselle's face, angling her glossed lips to meet mine. The kiss is slow and delicate at first, much like the first one, but it quickly turns into something more passionate. I let my desire lead the way, cupping her asscheeks and using my tongue to deepen our connection. Her mouth taste's faintly of vodka and candy. Her lips are softer than pillows and her ass moves like water.

I guide her to the sofa effortlessly, pulling up her dress so that she can straddle my lap and she breaks the kiss, grabbing my head with both hands and gazing into my eyes for a brief moment. Although her deep brown eyes are clouded with lust, I still see the disheartened emotion inside of her as well.

I sigh, lightly peppering her neck with delicate kisses and she relaxes further into me, still cupping the sides of my face. My mouth travels to the generous swell of her breasts as I wrap my arms tighter around her waist. Giselle surprises me by pulling down the strapless garment, completely freeing her braless chest. Her titties look even better than I imagined, her nipples large and perfect like swirls of dark chocolate.

Whatever that fruity ass drink was done gave her some confidence fasho.

I cup them eagerly, taking the left one in my mouth before switching over to suck the right one and earning a faint moan from Giselle. The desire is there for us both. The heat and moisture collecting in the thin panties on top of my lap is unmistakable, but I need her in a clearer headspace to truly enjoy it. I can't go all the way until things are resolved inside of her heart.

I want her to be 100% sure and less emotionally vulnerable when I'm beatin' that shit up.

I plant another firm kiss on her lips and stare up into her gorgeous face. She never wears too much makeup or heavy eyelashes. Her look is always so feminine and soft, most of it due to just her natural beauty.

I love that shit.

As usual, Giselle shyly breaks eye contact first.

"I want you to spend the night with me."

"Okay." There's no hesitation or sign of anxiety in her answer and I nod, kissing her one last time before she covers her boobs and rises from my lap. "I need to take a shower."

I point her to the bathroom, giving her one of my old, oversized shirts and she disappears inside, gently shutting the door behind her. I pass the time just scrolling through various social media apps. It's been a little minute since I've been online, but my accounts are still dry as usual.

I don't mind at all though — real life is good.

There's a new notification in my DM from an account that I do not follow or even recognize. I click on the name to view her profile and she looks familiar, just as plenty of people in the city do to me. I swear, if it ain't about business or family, I can barely place a face or remember a name. All of her pictures are of the nightlife — skimpy dresses, stacks of money, jewelry, and she's got over 2ok followers. It's the photo of her standing in a parking garage that jogs my memory since her hair is curly in this one.

How she found my account, I have no idea. My last photo was from almost two years ago and I only have around 600 people following me.

Lightskinliraaa
OCT 26 AT 2:08 AM

Heyyy neighbor. Long time no see....are you free on Saturday? I'd love to be wined and dined.

-

~~~

Do y'all like being inside of June's head? If so, be sure to vote! See y'all soon. 🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 470 19
Inevitable love. Broken rules. Simmering secrets. Brim of insanity. ... Let It Fall | M. Phoenix - OUT NOW ❤️✨ (Available in paperback and Kindle U...
58 0 19
Meet Giselle a rounded and sensual Taurus hailing from the heart of Alabama. Giselle's journey unfolds against the backdrop of the Southern charm, as...
46.5K 2K 41
"You know when something soo wrong feels so good that you can't let it go, well that's my current situation." 23 year old Giselle Stanton was current...
2.7K 81 28
Kashay Taylor, an African American activist who is tired of dealing with no-good black men, is approached by Justin Michaels, a white man fascinated...