Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... More

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 68: The White House

955 22 17
By Matt-From-Wii

3rd Person POV:

*The Hub, Division West Coast Command Center*

Kelso opened her eyes and sat up. She wiped the dust off her face the best she could as her eyes adjusted to the bright light of a burning helicopter.

Her head was ringing but her helmet saved her from any serious injury. A strand of her brown hair fell loose from her helmet and dangled in front of her face as she slowly stood up.

Gunfire echoed throughout the large hangar as a mixture of smoke and fire obstructed her view. The large hangar had its fire suppression system activated and immediately began dumping water down in the rows of helicopters and ground vehicles.

The massive underground base was the site of a desperate battle between Division agents and Black Tusk. (Y/n)'s speech had started a full on revolt.

The agents rose up and easily overpowered the few guards the Black Tusk had keeping them in their barracks.

Within minutes each agent was fully armed and fighting to retake the base.

Kelso and a few agents that weren't at the base during the Black Tusk's takeover arrived to help but they were still incredibly outnumbered.

Blake and the higher ups in the Black Tusk had managed to manipulate the JTF deployment roster so that the entire garrison was loyal to the Black Tusk.

Despite their best efforts, Kelso and the agents were forced out of the main facility and were making a desperate last stand in the hangar.

As she regained her senses, two agents rushed to her side and hauled her back to cover.

Kelso: "Fuck, that hurt."

Agent: "We're being overrun! We need ISAC!"

Kelso: "That's not an option. He's been taken permanently offline. We've got to hold out..."

Agent: "Until when?!"

An anti-tank rocket slammed into a nearby utility truck, creating a massive explosion and sending agents scrambling to safety.

Kelso: "Until the Justice League or someone else gets here to bail us out!"

Agent: "That may not be an option! They have a massive manpower advantage over us and it won't be long before they surround us! We need to retreat into the city while we still can!"

Suddenly the base lost power and the large lights overhead all shut off in an instant, leaving the agents and Black Tusk in complete darkness.

Kelso: "Fuck... you're right. Prepare to fall back and ready smoke to cover our retreat. Rig these trucks to explode so they won't have anything to chase us down in."

Agent: "Copy that."

————————————————————————

"Do you seriously think killing me will change anything?"

The voice (Y/n) had grown to hate boomed over the bunker's loudspeaker as the small group of heroes pushed deeper into the presidential bunker.

Zatanna and Tigress were close behind, keeping an eye on (Y/n) as he and Kaldur led the group forward.

The magician couldn't help but notice that (Y/n)'s uniform was covered in blood. She wasn't sure how much of it was his and how much came from the Hunters and Black Tusk soldiers he dealt with. She wasn't even sure if it was from the current battle.

Her heart sped up when she noticed a small dent in (Y/n)'s helmet caused by a stray bullet. Zatanna eventually pulled her focus away from her fiancé and managed to shift it back to their mission, doing so remarkably calmed her rapidly beating heart.

Tigress suddenly felt that they were being watched. She spun around but found nothing. The dark hall was completely empty behind them with the dim glow of the stairwell lights in the distance.

Zatanna: "Everything alright?"

Tigress: "I'm not sure. I just feel like we're being watched."

Zatanna carefully examined the dark hallway but quickly came to the same conclusion Tigress did. They turned back around and continued their journey down the tunnel, pushing aside the strange feeling that told them they were being watched.

Neither of the heroes could see him. But he could see them. A shadow darker than the rest moved with ease through the dark hallway. The shadow raced along the floor, growing larger and changing into a shape that loosely resembled a man as it approached the unsuspecting heroes.

The shadow made a direct dash for Zatanna as she unknowingly walked down the hall. She was suddenly saved by (Y/n) as he turned around and flashed his flashlight down the hall after getting the same feeling as Tigress.

The light immediately chased the shadow away until there was nothing of it left. (Y/n) for his part had no idea he just saved their lives and continued his journey down the hall, desperate to catch Felix Blake before the "Clairvoyant" could slip away.

(Y/n): "Let's keep moving."

Moments later they arrived at a large door. (Y/n) took a deep breath before he tapped his ISAC watch. The watch lit up instantly, only instead of the orange glow he'd become so accustomed to over the years, a blood red one popped up. He stared at the red ring on the face of his watch for a minute before taking a deep breath and pressing a few buttons.

(Y/n): "ANNA, you there?"

A female robotic voice replied instantly, to some extent it sounded like ISAC but (Y/n) knew it wasn't. ANNA was far more dangerous.

ANNA: "Standing by."

(Y/n): "Open this door and disable any defenses inside."

ANNA: "Confirmed. All security systems bypassed. Automatic turrets disabled. Door opening."

(Y/n): "Kill the lights."

ANNA: "Lights turned off."

The bunker door slowly lowered to the ground. Zatanna stepped forward and put up a shield to protect the group as they had no cover in the empty hall.

The second the door completely disappeared into the floor an abundance of gunfire erupted from multiple positions inside the room.

Muzzle flashes and bright computer monitors were all the heroes could see as bullets slammed into Zatanna's shield.

The barrage of bullets had no effect but the Black Tusk kept firing nonetheless. (Y/n) mentally noted the position of each shooter in less than a second and raised his rifle.

Zatanna: "Lla rieht snopaew maj!"

The gunfire stopped immediately as every single Black Tusk weapon jammed. (Y/n) took the opportunity to rush into the room and immediately started firing. He quickly dispatched three soldiers on the catwalk surrounding the main floor before lowering his rifle and taking aim at the shooters in the far corner.

Tigress was right behind him, sending explosive arrows towards any cluster of Black Tusk soldiers she saw. Bright flashes lit up the room as Zatanna and Kaldur attacked. The fight was over in an instant. The Black Tusk soldiers were beaten and the commander stood smugly in the center of the room with the main monitor to his back.

Black Tusk Commander: "Congratulations freaks, you've just doomed the entire eastern seaboard."

(Y/n): "I'm only going to ask you this once, so I suggest you choose your response carefully. Where is Blake?"

The Black Tusk Commander smiled and used the remote in his hand to turn on the large monitor to his back. A map of the continental United States was displayed with red arches pointing from major Air Force bases to every city on the east coast. Each red arch had a small missile icon showing where the ICBM was currently located with a timer counting down the seconds until impact.

(Y/n): "No.... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

The agent raced forward, he smashed the remote out of the man's hand and grabbed his collar. A second later (Y/n) had him pinned on the closest desk, sending the computer monitors crashing to the floor.

Kaldur: "How do we stop them?!"

Black Tusk Commander: "You can't, only one man has the codes to activate the kill switch."

(Y/n): "Where is he?!"

The Black Tusk Commander simply smiled as (Y/n) pressed the barrel of his handgun up against the traitor's neck.

Suddenly (Y/n) released the Black Tusk Commander and punched the man across the face, knocking him out instantly.

(Y/n): "Kaldur, Tigress, try to override the controls on the computer and stop those missiles! I'm going for Blake!"

Without waiting for a response (Y/n) rushed off towards a small door in the corner of the room. The door led to an escape tunnel that was miles long and eventually led outside of Washington DC. Zatanna immediately followed (Y/n) as Kaldur and Tigress tried to stop the missiles.

————————————————————————

*Southern Austria*

Deep in the alpine mountains a centuries old castle stood. The stone structure was built in the Middle Ages and long abandoned by its previous owners.

The centuries had not been kind to the structure and large portions of the castle had crumbled before the might of Mother Nature. The castle was covered with snow almost year round, making it almost impossible to spot from the sky.

The inside of the castle was almost as cold as the outside, broken walls and the lack of any windows had easily allowed snow to fly in.

Deep in the center structure of the castle, bright red lights flashed out and electricity crackled.

Screams and laughter echoed throughout the empty halls but there was not a soul around to hear them.

In the deepest part of the castle a laboratory was set up. The laboratory lacked any modern equipment and looked like something from a Frankenstein movie.

Scattered throughout the lab were dozens of dead bodies, drained of their blood, brains and souls by one of the two men inside.

Despite once being a man, the first far from resembled a human. His eyes were as yellow as the sun with red vines running through them. His body was disfigured and his teeth grew several inches long, pointing out like sharp fangs. His arms were skinny yet full of muscle and several feet long. His fingernails grew out even further and each was as sharp as a sword.

Brother Night: "Now you really are a doctor of death."

The disfigured man responded with a tone that did not match his body and that made it so much more unsettling. His voice was soft at first but the longer the man talked the more his voice morphed into a deep growl.

"Silence Eldon! My research was always about strengthening the body, discovering all its ungodly possibilities. And so for years, I've mined diseases of bone and skin. I mined sickness and death. Call me whatever you must, but I am Doctor Death."

The second man stepped into the light, his shoes clicking on the stone floor. The man wore expensive black dress shoes with an all white suit. His tie was a dark red and he had a small skull pin on his jacket. His blood red eyes shone brightly in the dark laboratory and his yellow teeth formed a crooked smile.

Brother Night: "Now, if you'll excuse me. It's time to begin our plans. I'll take care of the mafia families in Italy, they'll be eager to unify with my organization. You get our friend ready for the next step."

————————————————————————

Kelso and Titan were in the middle of a desperate dash through the forest, heading towards Gotham City which could barely be seen in the distance.

Several minutes ago, Kelso led the remaining Division Agent's out of the Hub and then things went south almost instantly.

Several Black Tusk LAV's were just arriving at the main exit. The agents were forced to scatter into the forest as the LAV's and Black Tusk's cut down as many agents as they could.

To make matters worse, two helicopters showed up and began searching the forest with their spotlights. Kelso was separated from her agents and was lucky enough to find Titan in the chaos.

Gunfire echoed out from all around them as the helicopters raced back and forth over the forest. Kelso grabbed Titan and held him close to her as she crouched down and pressed up against a large tree.

The second she stopped moving a helicopter soared by overhead, its searchlight briefly passing over her.

The second she was certain they weren't spotted, Kelso released Titan and the pair started running towards the city.

————————————————————————

Oracle: "Several ICBM's have been launched and are heading towards every major city on the East Coast!"

Batman: "Contact Dr. Fate and coordinate with him to take them down. Use the Batwing."

Oracle: "On it!"

Oracle ended the call just as Batman swung through a window into a penthouse window. The penthouse belonged to the senate representative for Gotham city who was aligned with the Black Tusk.

The second Batman hit the ground the Black Tusk soldiers opened fire. The Dark Knight threw several smoke bombs in every direction as he dove for cover. By the time he hit the ground the penthouse was completely filled with smoke.

The fight lasted less than a minute. Batman easily walked through everyone. By the time the smoke cleared every Black Tusk soldier was unconscious on the ground.

Batman pinned the senator on the wall and took every electronic device the man had on him.

Batman: "You are going to give me the names and location of every single high ranking Black Tusk operative."

Senator: "Grow up. Once you do you'll realize that what we're doing is for the betterment of the country."

Batman: "I'm not in the mood for games, don't push me."

Senator: "I know that no matter what I say, you won't kill me. And you and I both know that I'm to old to survive your bone breaking torture. The Black Tusk on the other hand, they'll kill me for speaking to you willingly."

Before the Dark Knight could respond, a gunshot rang out and passed clean through the senator's head. Blood shot out and splattered all across Batman as the elderly man's body slumped to the ground.

Without skipping a beat, Batman dove for cover and caught a glimpse of the senator's murderer. Two Hunters stood in the doorway, each with an AK-12 in their hands and combat axe on their belt.

Batman was the first to attack. He rushed the Hunters, bullets bouncing off his armour as he quickly closed the distance. With one swift motion he smashed the rifles out of the Hunters hands and kicked one in the gut, separating the two and immediately focusing on the closer one.

The Hunters drew their axes without any delay, slashing down at Batman and attempting to find the weak spots in his armour.

The Dark Knight wore incredibly high tech body armour and had spent years developing it. His gauntlets could easily absorb a few hits from the axe before showing any damage.

Batman was quick to disarm the first Hunter, smashing his axe out of his hand and kicking him away just as the second Hunter rejoined the fight.

The second Hunter was far more aggressive than the first, slashing wildly and forcing Batman to back up, trading space for time and waiting for an opening.

The Hunter suddenly lunged forward with incredible speed, barely catching Batman with his axe. The combat axe cut into the Dark Knights armour and managed to produce a small amount of blood.

As the Hunter followed through with his swing, the right side of his body was completely exposed. Batman sent several powerful punches into the Hunter's body before grabbing the killer's arm which still held the axe.

Without hesitation the Hunter dropped the axe and caught it with his other hand. In one powerful upward strike he slashed Batman's chest, leaving a large cut through the Dark Knight's body armour.

Batman stumbled back and brought one of his hands to his stomach, applying pressure to the wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

As Batman staggered back towards the window, the Hunters regrouped and got ready for another attack. The low mechanical growling sounded like a twisted form of laughter.

Before Batman could make his next move, a massive flash of light lit up the entire penthouse and the building violently shook as a massive explosion rang out. The large windows shattered and glass flew into the penthouse.

The Hunters dropped a smoke pellet and in an instant they were gone.

Sirens rang out as Batman turned to face the city once he was certain the Hunters were gone. A large smoke column was visible over the rooftops of nearby buildings. One by one the power to nearby buildings cut out. Despite that, the city was still brightly lit by the inferno now raging in the streets.

Batman quickly jumped out the window and began making his way towards the fire, hoping to save as many people as he possibly could.

————————————————————————

*White House, Presidential Bunker*

Tigress: "Oh no..."

Aquaman: "Where did they hit?!"

Tigress: "One hit Gotham's financial district, another hit Central City and the last one was forced down just outside of Happy Harbour. It looks like it hit a farm field."

Aquaman: "And the others?"

Tigress: "We were able to destroy or divert all the rest. The last few are crashing into the ocean as we speak."

Aquaman: "Good, we need to capture Blake and then use him to identify every Black Tusk stronghold. The rest of the League will be spread thin dealing with the Black Tusk battles across the country. It will be up to use to lead search and rescue efforts."

Before either of the heroes could leave their station for the escape tunnel, the bunker lightly shook and the power went out.

A moment later and the bunkers emergency power supply activated. The lights turned back on and the large door leading back to the White House slowly started to close.

Aquaman moved to the escape tunnel and kicked open the door. He immediately called Tigress over to his position but her gaze was stuck on the closing door.

As the door slowly shut, Tigress was fixated on a small glowing flower surrounded by darkness. The flower was a beautiful pink with yellow in the center and surrounded by a warm glow that illuminated the ground a few feet around the flower.

Suddenly the door snapped shut and Tigress was left staring at the large metal door and wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her.

Aquaman: "Are you alright?"

For the first time since the power went out Tigress pulled her gaze away from the bunker's entrance and looked at Kaldur. As she quickly rushed to his position she made the decision to keep the strange sighting to herself, not wanting to worry Kaldur and give them another problem to worry about.

Tigress: "Yeah... yeah I'm fine. I just thought I saw something. Let's get moving. Zatanna and (Y/n) may need our help."

————————————————————————

Things went south in the emergency escape tunnel almost immediately. The tunnel was large and intended to be driven through with one of many vehicles positioned for the president and his staff to make a quick escape to the airport.

By the time (Y/n) and Zatanna moved through the tunnel and arrived at the vehicle depot they discovered that Blake hadn't taken any of the vehicles.

As they carefully walked through the rows of armoured trucks and SUVs, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel like they were in extreme danger.

He found himself gripping his rifle tighter as he looked over at the small maintenance station for the vehicles. Beside the work station he saw a large fuel tank with spare gas and suddenly it clicked.

He didn't even bother yelling. He spun around and dropped his rifle, grabbing Zatanna with both his hands and tackling her to the ground.

The explosion went off before they hit the ground. Blake had rigged the fuel tank to explode and the blast sent the lovers crashing into the far wall.

(Y/n) managed to wrap his arms around Zatanna and shield her from the blast and impact of them hitting the wall.

A minute later and the sprinkler system activated, dousing the fire and showering the barely conscious heroes with cold water.

The magician groaned as the water fell against her body. Her heart skipped a beat when she remembered that (Y/n) was severely injured from his fight with Crimson earlier. She immediately freed herself from his embrace and sat up, inspecting his body as he groaned while pushing himself up to face her.

Zatanna: "Are you alright?"

(Y/n): "Oh yeah, trust me, you get used to almost being blown up. I think Kelso and I have a running total, whoever almost gets blown up more gets free drinks for New Years."

Zatanna: "That's not funny."

The agent forced out a small smile and Zatanna couldn't help but smile back. Despite all the time they've spent together, she still finds his smile contagious.

(Y/n) was the first to stand up. He extended his arm and pulled Zatanna up, keeping her as close to his body as he could.

Zatanna heard the footsteps first. The unmistakable clicking of dress shoes on the cement floor.

Zatanna: "Dleihs!"

The magic shield formed in a split second and Zatanna threw herself off (Y/n), getting into a fighting stance as the agent drew his handgun.

Only one light still functioned after the blast. The small light barely projected enough light to see clearly and it shone directly down, creating a small ten foot circle of light in the center of the garage.

Blake stepped into the edge of the circle. The elderly man had taken off his jacket and tie, leaving him in a white dress shirt and black pants with brown dress shoes.

Zatanna and (Y/n) were at the other side of the circle, standing shoulder to shoulder behind the magician's magical barrier.

(Y/n)'s attention was immediately drawn to Blake's hand. He held a small device that had a needle in the center with dark blue liquid inside. His heart rate skyrocketed when he realized what it was.

Blake: "You two have been a pain in my side for so fucking long, I'm going to enjoy this."

(Y/n): "The only way you're leaving this garage alive is by surrendering. The Black Tusk is finished. By now the Justice League will have arrived to help the JTF and Division. It's over."

Blake: "No, it isn't. Let's be honest. How many agents do you think I wiped out? More than the Reach and Keener ever could've dreamed of, and the survivors? Well, the people of this nation will blame them for the Black Tusk coup d'état. After all, I'm the leader and I was an agent. You'll be hunted down by the very people you're fighting to save."

Zatanna: "That's not going to happen. We won't let it."

Blake: "Oh please. The Light will snap at the opportunity to brand every Division agent as a Black Tusk operative. I bet Lex Luthor is writing the speech right now."

(Y/n): "Then I guess we'll just have to bring you in and make you tell everyone the truth."

Blake: "You want the truth? That's fine, I'll give it to you. And I promise you this, you can't handle the truth."

Zatanna: "Try us."

Blake simply smiled as he rolled up his sleeves.

Blake: "When you walk out of this tunnel you'll find that the world is a very different place than when you went in. Sure, you and your super powered freaks will more than likely stomp out the Black Tusk fire of revolution, but who do you trust? I'm sure you'll rebuild the government and reinstate every surviving member of the federal administration, but can you really trust them? You've got to be thinking that if it's possible for us to be as embedded in the government as we were, then other groups are certainly making moves in the shadows, just like we were."

(Y/n): "Then we'll deal with them when we find them and you can watch it all from a cold dark cell."

Blake: "You idiot! You don't get it! The second you remove the Black Tusk all the maniacs and monsters we kept in check will run rampant! We've already lost control of the European and Pacific underworlds and before long you'll start to feel the disturbances on the magical plain! We kept order in this world!"

Zatanna recoiled back in total shock. (Y/n) was caught off guard as well but was better at hiding his surprise, mostly because he convinced himself Blake was lying. During his time as the Clairvoyant, Blake had always portrayed a disdain of super powered individuals and everything related to them. They had always assumed that included magic with his and Natalya's constant referring to Zatanna as a witch. To find that he has extensive knowledge of the criminal underworld and magic's role in it shocked both the heroes momentarily.

Zatanna: "What do you know about magic in organized crime?!"

The leader of the Black Tusk ignored Zatanna's question and jammed the needle into his arm, injecting the dark blue liquid into his body.

(Y/n): "What have you done?"

Blake: "Just a little something that my scientist cooked up. We had all those dead Reach bodies laying around, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try and recreate what made you so special."

The injection device fell from Blake's hand as his veins turned dark blue and his pupils dilated. Zatanna gasped and (Y/n) tightened his grip on his handgun.

The heroes could see every vein in Blake's body as the Reach Blood increased the size of his muscles. The elderly man had gone from looking slim and fit for his age to looking like Superboy in under ten seconds.

Before (Y/n) or Zatanna had a chance to do anything, Blake attacked. The man moved with incredible speed and jumped around Zatanna's shield, pushing off a partially destroyed car and tackling the magician to the ground.

Blake took hold of Zatanna's throat and squeezed. A desperate gasp for air was all she could muster as she brought her hands up in a futile attempt to free her neck.

(Y/n) lunged towards Blake, attempting to body slam him off Zatanna but the Black Tusk leader was too fast. He easily threw Zatanna across the room and into a truck door before jumping up and kicking the agent back.

Zatanna gasped for air, her voice raspy and all that slipped out was a painful grunt. As she slammed into the ground she found herself unable to speak clearly, she coughed up a small amount of blood and it hurt to draw in breaths. (Y/n) aimed his handgun at Blake but it was smashed out of his hand before he had a chance to pull the trigger.

The agent was able to dodge the first couple punches Blake threw his way, but soon one connected with the side of (Y/n)'s head and he stumbled back.

Blake: "Is this what you feel? This power? And you still chose to be weak?!"

(Y/n): "Something tells me you got a different dose than I did."

Blake: "Well, now I'm officially better than you in every way."

The Black Tusk leader attacked, sending a fury of punches towards (Y/n) who was forced to back up as he defended himself. Eventually he was pinned against a truck with Blake continuing his assault.

(Y/n) finally got an opening, he managed to duck under one of Blake's punches and send his own right back at Blakes gut.

As the Black Tusk leader staggered back, (Y/n) caught a glimpse of Zatanna and he began to panic. She was on her hands and knees, still coughing with a small pool of blood before her. Her magician's uniform was covered in small cuts, dust stuck to her clothes and large sections of her leggings were torn.

Blake followed (Y/n) gaze and knew he was looking at Zatanna. The magician's coughing was all that could be heard once the pair stopped fighting. A crooked smile formed on Blake's face as he flexed his new muscles.

Blake: "She can't save you. You're all alone. And once I'm done with you, I'm going to kill her."

(Y/n): "My entire life I've been taught that strength isn't everything. I've fought gods and super powered aliens that should've killed me in an instant, but I'm still standing. And it's because I'm better than them, skill is everything and it's what makes me better than you."

Blake: "Do you really believe that?"

(Y/n): "Yes."

(Y/n) stepped towards Blake. The Black Tusk leader put all of his strength into his punch and threw it directly at (Y/n)'s head. The agent ducked in one fluent motion, letting Blake's fist pass over his head before springing up and slamming his right fist into the bottom of Blake's jaw.

The force and power behind the upper cut lifted Blake off the ground and sent him flying a small distance. He crashed to the cement floor a few feet away, blood spewing from his mouth.

(Y/n): "The endless months of suffering, sleepless nights, starving days, the fucking cigarette burns! It all ends right here."

Blake rolled on to his side, spitting out several of his teeth and a large amount of blood. He started to push himself up but (Y/n) pounced, dropping down on top of Blake and repeatedly slamming his fist into the man's face.

Punch after punch crashed down into Blake's face and soon the Reach serum gave way. (Y/n) felt Blake's nose break with one of his last punches and stopped his assault. He looked down at Blake's broken and bloodied face, drawing in a deep breath as he slowly stood up.

(Y/n) didn't have a chance to regret stopping his assault. Blake swept his legs out and the agent crashed down to the floor. The Black Tusk leader jumped onto (Y/n), grabbing his neck with one hand and punching the agent's face with the other.

(Y/n) managed to shield his face and block the punches before sending his knee straight into Blake's gut and pushing the man off him.

Both men recovered instantly and were back on their feet. Blake's face was covered in blood. His left eye was completely swollen shut and blood was dripping down from across his forehead.

(Y/n) was slightly better off. His lower lip was cut and his body was bruised all over. His hands were covered in a mix of Blake's blood and his own. The agent glared at the man he'd grown to hate over the years, the blue blood was still flowing through Blake's veins but had started to fade away.

Without warning Blake attacked once again, drawing in shallow breaths as he swung wildly at (Y/n).

The agent was able to easily maneuver out of the way, dodging and weaving until Blake exposed himself. Then (Y/n) responded with several swift and brutal punches, knocking Blake back.

Blake roared out in anger as he charged at (Y/n), the elderly man's eyes were now the same dark blue as the Reach blood and he was foaming from the mouth. His attacks were even more wild, his fists slamming into vehicles, leaving large dents as (Y/n) easily maneuvered out of the way.

After receiving another beating from (Y/n), Blake staggered back and turned his gaze towards Zatanna who had just managed to stop coughing.

The man smiled as he took a step towards Zatanna, foam dripping from his mouth and blood from his hands.

Blake: "YOU WILL ALL DIE!"

Zatanna brought one hand to her neck and kept the other on the truck she was thrown into. She still couldn't speak clearly and needed to support herself on the vehicle so she wouldn't collapse.

The magician's eyes widened as Blake charged at her. Covering the distance at an alarming speed and before anyone had a chance to react.

(Y/n): "NO!"

(Y/n) slammed into Blake as Zatanna fell down. The agent and Black Tusk leader crashed into the truck and collapsed to the ground.

Blake instantly grabbed (Y/n)'s throat and started to choke the agent with both his hands. The agent desperately clawed at Blake's hands, pulling them away just enough to draw in a quick breath

Suddenly a rifle crack rang out and Blake's fell off (Y/n). The agent scrambled to his feet and saw Zatanna holding his rifle, aiming it at Blake. Her hands were shaking and her eyes wide as she drew in desperate breaths.

(Y/n) moved to her side as fast as he could and gently took the weapon from her hands.

Zatanna struggled to speak, her voice strained and weak. (Y/n) could barely make out what she was trying to say and her constant shaking wasn't helping.

(Y/n): "Shhh, it's okay. You had no other choice, it's not your fault."

The agent's attention was pulled away from his magician when he heard Blake groan. The pair turned around in horror to see the man pushing himself up.

Blake broke down laughing as he got into a fighting stance. The bullet Zatanna shot had barely pierced his skin and the now super powered man casually brushed the bullet off his body.

(Y/n) let go of Zatanna and stepped towards Blake, sending a quick air punch with each of his hands towards Blake before bringing them up to a proper fighting stance.

This time (Y/n) threw the first punch and Blake dodged, sending his own punch into the agent's chest.

(Y/n) stumbled back and bumped into Zatanna. To the agent's complete surprise, Zatanna rushed past him and threw a punch at Blake.

Not willing to let Zatanna fight Blake alone for any length of time, (Y/n) rushed back into the fight. The pair used every combination of moves they could, remembering their training with Black Canary in the cave and (Y/n)'s training with Kelso.

Zatanna managed to maneuver herself to the side of Blake's body while (Y/n) held his attention at the front. She sent a kick into the back of his knee and caused Blake to fall.

Before Blake could hit the ground (Y/n) grabbed his neck and slammed him against the truck they were fighting beside. Zatanna lunged forward and punched Blake square in the face. The second she backed up (Y/n) punched Blake in the gut several times before Blake retaliated by kicking the agent in the shin.

The agent stumbled back but quickly regained his stance and put all his weight into one punch, sending it crashing into Blake's chest and knocking him back into the truck.

(Y/n) immediately jumped back, expecting some form of retaliation after over exposing himself with the punch. Zatanna was right by his side, standing in a similar fighting stance.

The pair were drawing in desperate breaths, their hearts racing and adrenaline rushing through their body.

An alarming amount of blood was dripping from Blake's body. Every small cut bled like a fatal wound but the most horrifying thing was the colour of his blood.

Though the majority of Blake's blood was red human blood, a substantial amount was dark blue. The same colour as the Reach blood he injected at the start of the fight.

The blue blood stained Blake's already bloodied white dress shirt and dripped down to a large pool of blood on the ground.

The Black Tusk leader tried to taunt the heroes but his words came out in a slurred mess. The foam dripping from his mouth turned dark blue as Blake brought both his hands to his chest. He held them over his heart as he gasped for air and fell to his knees.

The heroes backed up, (Y/n) shifting himself in front of Zatanna to shield her from the horrifying sight before them.

After a short moment of Blake gasping for air, the Black Tusk leader fell forward. He stopped breathing before he hit the ground.

A large pool of blood quickly formed around Blake's body as (Y/n) and Zatanna looked on with horror. Several minutes later (Y/n) was convinced that Blake was dead and gently pulled Zatanna away from the body.

He quickly started examining her neck and could see light bruises on either side. Rage boiled inside of him as Zatanna struggled to speak.

Zatanna: "I-I'm fine.... It will... heal."

(Y/n): "Stop talking. You don't want to make it worse."

The magician quickly nodded her head and gently rubbed her neck. (Y/n) ordered her to stay put while he made sure Blake was dead.

The agent picked up his handgun off the ground and made his way back to Blakes body.

He watched in disgust as the large muscles the Reach blood gave him burst open and started leaking a mix of blue and red blood all across the ground.

Despite the fact that Blake's body was bursting open in several places and he could see the man's internal organs, (Y/n) loaded his weapon and shot Blake three times. Two in the heart and one in the head.

After everything Blake put him through, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel empty. Part of him wanted to bring Blake in for questioning, to finally triumph over the man that tried to turn him into a mindless weapon.

Other parts of him wanted Blake to suffer. Wanted Blake to go through as much pain as humanly possible before he put a bullet through the man's skull.

After all the fighting and all the hours spent hunting the "Clairvoyant", just like the fight with Keener, it was short, unsatisfying and he was left with more questions than answers.

(Y/n) took several steps towards the garage door and picked up the injection device Blake used to inject the Reach blood into himself.

The second (Y/n) saw Blake holding it; he knew it was a cocktail of drugs and Reach blood. No doubt an attempt to mimic the various drugs he was given at the Guest House. The only problem was he had no idea where Blake got it.

After uncovering the Guest House and finding that Reach blood was used to bring him back to life and give him enhanced strength, (Y/n) and Kelso had ordered all the Reach bodies recovered from their invasion be destroyed.

ISAC had accounted for every body being properly disposed of. But with the revelation that ISAC has been compromised since the very founding of the Division, (Y/n) was left wondering how many Reach bodies "disappeared" before they could be destroyed.

(Y/n) took the injection device and made his way back to Zatanna, taking several steps around Blake's disgusting corpse.

(Y/n): "Come on, let's get you to a hospital."

Zatanna hugged (Y/n) once he set the device down on the hood of a truck. He quickly wrapped his hands around her waist and pressed his lips against hers.

The magician let out a weak moan as her hands snaked around the agent's neck, it was all she could muster without hurting herself.

Their short moment was interrupted by Tigress and Aquaman arriving in the garage.

Aquaman smashed through the small pile of debris that was blocking the tunnel to the White House and the pair rushed into the garage.

They were relieved to see Zatanna and (Y/n) standing a short distance away in eachothers arms.

Tigress: "I hope you two sharing a moment means you caught him."

(Y/n): "Not exactly. But he's been dealt with. I think he had a heart attack mid-fight."

Aquaman carefully examined the injection device as a confused look appeared on Tigress's face.

Tigress: "Mid-fight? He's like in his late fifties, how much of a fight could he put up against the two of you?"

(Y/n): "Kaldur I wouldn't touch that device, Blake used it to inject himself with a drug that had a large amount of Reach blood. I guess he had some people try to replicate what the Guest House did to me."

Tigress stepped around the large truck and saw Blake's dismembered body laying on the ground.

Tigress: "Holy fuck."

(Y/n): "He put up a good fight, but the mixture with their drug was off. He had a heart attack and died on the spot. About a minute later the new muscles the drug gave him started bursting open."

Aquaman: "Zatanna's hurt."

Zatanna tried to wave Kaldur's concern off but was barely able to croak out a response.

Zatanna: "I-I'm... fine."

(Y/n): "Yeah no, I'm not buying that. I'm taking you to a hospital and that's final."

Aquaman: "I have received word from the League, most battles have been won and the Black Tusk are scattering across the country as we speak."

(Y/n): "Good. Let's drop Zatanna off and then I'm going to hunt down every single one of them."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 353 20
You don't usually ride the bus to school, but this month is different and -HOLD UP- is that the Hall of Justice? Are superheroes real now? Is the who...
22.7K 1K 36
Wanting to be a superhero and becoming one, are two completely different things. But becoming the opposite? That's way easier. And sometimes it's not...
Anjo By JJ

Fanfiction

141K 7K 46
|Young Justice AU| |BirdFlash (Dick Grayson x Wally West)| The Dark Knight had faced some unexpected trouble during one of his routinely patrols in G...
203K 5.5K 36
A Robin/Nightwing/Dick Grayson X Reader! (Jeez Dick why you gotta have so many names)