The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

17) The big bang

281 15 0
By JaneMayLily

Thank you for 650 reads!

Sophie POV

We sailed for the entire night and a bit till we reached Republic city.

It felt like I haven't been here in forever and ,to be honest, it felt good to be back home.

Once we reached the docks we got off the boat and were almost immediately greeted by chief Beifong.

"Welcome home, Avatar.Thanks for starting a war."Chief says.

"I didn't start a war.Well, I did, but it's more complicated than you're making it seem."Korra defends herself.

"Mako, I want you back on the beat.There's going to be a southern water tribe peace march tonight.I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand."Chief says and Mako nods.

"I'm all yours."he replies.

"I'll go too.The people of the south need to see that the avatar is on their side in the fight against the nothern invaders."Korra says.

"Great.That should calm them down."Chief says and walks off.

I quickly push in between Korra and Mako and run after her.

"Chief!Chief Beifong!"I shout and she stops.

"Sophie, haven't seen you in a while.What do you want?"she asks crossing her arms.

"I wanted to ask if there is anything I could help you with."I ask and give her a smile.

She looks at me for a second before nodding.

"The lines in the southern tribe centre.Someone tried to blow it up last week and my people can't get it right.You can come and fix it later."she says and walks off.

Always so direct and cold.I love it.

I turn back to the group to see Korra and Mako arguing and decide to sit this one out.

Mako walks too me and asks what I'm going to do today.

I explain to him that I will go to the centre later but I first want to go to our apartment.

I decide to walk which takes me about twenty minutes.

I must say it's for sure an upgrade compared to a attic.

We moved in here two days before I left for the United Nations, so my brothers took it upon themselves to decorate my room for when I return and I must say they did a pretty good job.

One wall was a nice blue while the others being white.

The room had a nice desk and a beautiful bookshelf with all my books neatly aligned.

In one letter Bolin told me that Mako wanted everything to be perfect for when I return back to the city and so made sure that I had the best they could afford.

Which in result made me feel really bad as I wasn't planning to return anytime soon nor am I planning on staying for a long period of time.

I know Mako was a bit hurt when I left.

He didn't tell me or show me but I could see it.

Luckily his work at the police station and his relationship with Korra distracted him a bit which worked out well in my favour.

The rest of the apartment is also nice.

Surprisingly clean but Mako has always been a bit of a neat freak.

I open my closet and take out one of my old outfits.

When I left for the United Nations I knew that I'd have to wear more formal clothes and so left most of my daily outfits here.

I also bought a lot of new clothes when I was travelling which is still in my room on the ship

I quickly showered and changed.

I tied my hair into a bun and took off any jewellery I was still wearing.

I left my backpack here and hid my notebook in the secret compartment in my closet before repacking my stuff into a tote bag and leaving to get some lunch.

I had no clue where Bolin was but I decided I was going to get for him anyway just incase.

I went to our favourite restaurant where I was quickly greeted by the owner.

"Sophie! Haven't seen you in ages.How are you?"he asks as I take a seat on one of the bar stools.

"Oh I'm good.I've been working for the nations the past few months and so I've be around a bit."I explain and the owner nods.

"Yes, yes I remember, you're brothers have told me all about.They're so proud, you know.Keep telling me how amazing you are, won't shut up about it."he grumbles the last part and I chuckle.

"Well I'm back for know and I'm hungry."I say and place my bag on my lap.

"You getting the usual for all three of you?"he asks and I nod.

"Yes please."I reply.

"Okay give me 10-15 minutes and it should be done."he says and walk off.

I wait patiently and even make small talk with some people I knew.

I grab my food once it's done and pay the amount plus a tip.

"Thank you, Phie."he say and I nod before walking out.

I walk to the police station and greet a few of the officers that walk past me.

They all either nod or greet back. Some not knowing who I am, giving me a confused look on why I was here.

I walk into the office and see Mako at his desk with his head in a pile of papers.

I drop the take away boxes on his desk making him look up, annoyed.

"I can't let you loose on those protesters all hangry so eat up."I say and place his papers neatly to the side.

"Sophie, I'm at work."he mutters sounding a bit embarrassed.

"Mako as far as I'm concerned you practically live here so either you eat or I make a scene."I argue and take out my dumplings.

"Fine"he grumbles and take out one of the boxes.

"Leave some for Bolin."I say and carry on eating.

He nods and we eat in comfortable silence.

"When is the protest starting?"I ask as I finish my food.

"At 5"he replies already being done with his food a long time ago.

"Can you do me a favour and put this in your locker so we can take it home later."I ask and he nods not looking up from his papers.

"I'm going to go to the centre now and fix their lines, see you later."I say as I walk around and kiss his cheek.

He hums and I leave.

I check in with a few people and before I know its almost dark outside and I'm trying to fix up a few wires.

I look out the window to see that sun has almost set and sigh.

I'm tired but I'm so close to being done.

I screw the metal panel back over the wires and walk out of the room.

Just as I take a few steps out of the room a loud boom floods the falls and I'm flying into a wall.

I was the only one left on the floor and probably one of the last few people left in the building.

All the air is knocked out of me and my head starts to hurt.

I bring my hand to my head and wince as I feel blood.

I try to stand up but start to feel really dizzy and see double.

The hall was now filling with smoke rapidly, making it harder for me to see and breath.

I use the wall to help me up and stumble back into the room I had just walked out of.

I barely see the windows that is now shattered and look back into the hall.

The fire was now spreading closer to me and I decided that the best option right now was to jump out of the window.

Well it is that or run through fire so you see my options are limited.

I was on the third floor which wasn't too bad but because my senses felt drugged I wasn't too sue I was going too stick the landing.

I place one foot on the ledge, holding onto the window frame and just as I almost gather the courage to jump down another blast makes me loose my balance, making me fall face first towards the floor which is also the last thing I remember before blacking out.

Mako POV

Just as I'm about to run after the suspicious men that tried to sneak past me, a big fire blast sounds from the building and a few others go off too.

I deflect the flames and chase after the men to which one of them fire bends at me.

They flee but drop a device that I carefully pick up.

I look back at the building and realise that someone's definitely still in there.

'Sophie' I think as the centre goes up into flames.

She's still in there.

She's inside the building that just exploded.

I run towards the the front of the building where chief Beifong is looking up at the building in shock.

I try to run past her and a few officers who stop me.

"Mako, what do you think you're doing?"Beifong asks.

"Sophie.She's-She's still in there.I have to get her."I say and try to shake the officers hands off me.

"Mako there is no way you can go in there and survive."Beifong says, as a look of sorrow takes over her eyes.

"But if I won't make it, how will she?"I shout and Beifong avoids eye contact letting me know the answer.

"I have to save my sister.She's still in there.She's going to...She's-Let me go."I shout, starting to get mad.

"I can't do that."Beifong says going back to her usual look.

Before I can fry the officers that are stopping me from saving my sister someone calls us over.

"Chief we found someone."Another officer shouts, followed by two officers carrying a body.

Sophie's lifeless body.

I rip my arms out of the officers grip and run towards her.

"She's breathing, barely but she's breathing."the officer says setting her down.

I drop to my knees next to her and look at her.

I could hear chief Beifong yelling for someone to get an ambulance.

"Mako!"I hear Korra shout as she stops in front of me.

I hear her gasps as she sees Sophie and quickly drops down on the floor and starts bending some water.

It floats above Sophie with a glow.

I watch intensely, holding Sophie's hand, praying to anyone to let her be okay.

After a few seconds Sophie wakes up with a violent cough and looks at me.

Thank the spirits.

Sophie POV

When I open my eyes, I really wish I hadn't.

My head hurts and my lungs feel as if someone had set them on fire.

"Sophie"I hear Mako whisper in relief.

I groan in response, wishing that everyone would just shut up.

I hear Mako thank Korra and look to my side.

Korra was also kneeling besides me and I smiled at her.

I hear sirens and close my eyes again.

Make it stop

I hear people running towards me and picking me up to place me on what felt like a stretcher.

I hear Mako and Korra start to argue about who did this and I wish I could just be unconscious again.

Can't they just stop arguing for once.

I'm carried to the back of an ambulance with Mako following closely after me.

The drive was quick and before I knew it I was in a room with a few people buzzing all around me.

A healer came in and bend all the smoke out of my lungs and healed any scratches I had.

They said I was lucky I didn't break anything when I jumped out of the window but I should keep it easy for the next few days.

Once she finally left I fell asleep with Mako right next to me.

When I woke up Mako and Bolin were already awake and Bolin was also sitting next to me is a suit?
I didn't even know he owned one.

I was checked out soon and Mako and Bolin made sure that I went straight home and didn't dare leave.

They told me all about how Korra came early in the morning before her meeting with the president.

Bolin left after a bit saying he had some 'business' to finish and that he'd tell me all about it later.

I was reading a book with a steaming hot cup of tea when there was loud knocking on our apartment door.

I tried to get up but Mako told me to sit my ass down and went to go get the door.

"I can't believe the president is doing nothing."Korra complained as she walked in.

"He-he doesn't even care."she stuttered and gave me a hug before she started pacing the room.

Mako took a seat besides me and sighed.

"I'm sure he cares, but he can't just tell his people to go fight a battle at the South Pole that has nothing to do with them."Mako explains.

I take a sip of my tea and lean back.

"How could you take his side?"Korra raises her voice.

I internally groan and roll my eyes.

And another argument.

"What's with you and sides?Why do you always think I'm working against you?"Mako argues back.

"Well, you're not helping me.I'm trying to get troops to the South Pole.What are you doing?"Korra asks.

To be honest I think Mako is thinking pretty realistically right now.

"I'm doing my job."Mako says and stands up.

Korra let's out a sarcastic laugh

"Well, excuse me, officer.Don't let me stand in the way of you writing tickets.I'm just trying to save the world."

"Well, you wouldn't have to if you didn't keep messing it up."Mako says which makes me look at the floor not knowing what else to do.

"I can't talk to you when you're like this."Korra shouts and walks out, slamming the door.

Mako drops back on the couch and groans.

"You're the one who's like this!"Mako shouts after her.

I give him a side eye and take another sip of my tea.

"What you looking at?"he asks grumbles, slouching further into the couch.

"Nothing.... Nothing at all."I mutter and shake my head.

Mako leaves after a bit with the reasoning of having to go to work, leaving me all alone.

I couldn't enjoy it for too long through as soon after Korra was banging my door down.

I quickly opened the door and she walked right in with new found excitement.

"We need help contacting the United Nations, specifically Iroh."she explains as I sit back down.

"For what?"I ask cautiously, not wanting to aggravate her again.

"The president won't help us but why can't we just go straight to the United Nations."she explains and I nod.

"You have Iroh's private connection right?"she asks and I mutter out a 'yeah'.

"Great so you'll help us."she says and I look away.

"You're going to help us, right?"she asks again,taking a step closer to me.

"Korra, I'll help you but I-please just let me sit this one out.I was blown up yesterday and thrown involuntarily one to many times these past few weeks so I'll help, for the sake of defeating Unalaq, but I would like to stay in the shadows for now.Okay?Just for a few days and then I'll be back in the game.I promise."I ask and look up at her.

She frowns and puts a hand on her hip.

"So you're going to help but not do anything?Sophie, people are fighting for their lives! Am I the only one who actually cares?"she raises her voice.

"Of course I care but-"I start but she interrupts me.

"There is no but in this situation!Who's side are you even on?"she shouts throwing her hands into the air.

"What is it with you and sides!
I have a right to take a breather, okay?I am not a machine that just creates stuff for you and jumps for the Avatar when called upon."I shout back.

"You know what?It's okay I'll contact Iroh on my own.I'm leaving."She say and walks towards the door.

"You know what.Please do."I say as she opens the door and slams it shut.

Why can't I just have a halfway 'normal' life for a 16 year old.

I'm sorry I need a break, okay but I don't have a bending at hand at any time of the day to help me defend myself, I haven't been trained to fight properly so I can stop people from kicking my ass and I'm not just here to create stuff for people whenever they decide it's time.

Soon after, Mako came back home looking through a file that helt the faces of a ton of criminals.

He explained to me what he saw last night and that he is trying everything to catch the guys who did it.

I went to my room to get another book as the one I started this morning was long finished.

When I walked back out, Bolin was standing in front of Mako with a grin.

"Oh, man, you should have seen Varrick Today.That guys is a genius."Bolin says and walks over to me and gives me a hug.

"Uh-huh"Mako muttered.

"He's gonna help Asami sell her Mecha-tanks to the south and he came up with this great idea for Korra to get general Iroh to fight Unalaq without president Raiko ever even knowing."Bolin explains to Mako and then looks at me.

"Korra wanted to come and talk to you about that.Was she already here?"he asked and I nod.

"You bet we talked."I reply and take a seat next to Mako again.

"Wait what? That's a terrible idea."Mako argues looking up from his file.

"And he's gonna put me in the movers as this hero, Nuktuk.He's a man of action, but he's got a heart of gold.He was born in the tundra."Bolin shouts.

"Look, I'm trying to do something that's actually important here."Mako says making me frown.

"Oh.Oh, sorry.Uh, sure what is it?"Bolin asks deflated.

"Something doesn't make sense about this bombing."Mako explains and puts the file on the table.

That peaks my interest and I scoot closer.

"I just don't believe that the nothern water tribe was behind it."

I nod in understanding and watch as Bolin pages through the file.

"Wait a second!That's him.That's the guy that attacked the centre.I gotta go show this to Beifong."Mako explains and runs out with the file.

"Glad I could help.Nuktuk saves the day again!"Bolin shouts and I laugh.

"You really into this whole mover thing, yeah?"I ask.

He nods and I smile again.

"You'll do great.I know you will."I say and he hugs me.

I know that he was disappointed that Mako didn't care more but I just have to show him how much I do.

Bolin left soon for some 'Nuktuk work' leaving me alone again.

I look around the empty apartment and decide screw it, who cares what the healer says.

I'm going out.

I quickly get dressed in some comfortable but still decent looking clothes before grabbing my bag.

I right a quick note for Mako telling him that not to worry.That I'm not kidnapped or dead just taking a walk.

I leave the apartment and decide to walk to the water front for a nice cup of tea.

Once I reach the docks I wonder if Korra has contacted Iroh yet.

It's been a couple of hours and by the rout I know the United nation ships are taking they shouldn't have been far away from here either.

I get my answer when I recognise a few very familiar ships.

I forget about my cup of tea and quickly make my way towards the ships.

I gain easy entry onto Iroh's ship as they recognise me.

Once I walk on I feel free again.

This ship means freedom for me.

Nothing holding me back, nothing keeping me in one place for too long.

I make my way to the main deck, where I was directed too, excitedly but stop when I see Iroh, Korra and the president standing there.

"Sophie, I expected you to come here too.I mean what army would take any action without the person who helps create what they fight with."the president says making Korra and Iroh turn towards me.

Iroh with a look of surprise and happiness while Korra looks a bit shocked and ashamed.

The president turns back to Iroh and me.

"If a single vessel leaves this harbour without my say-so, you'll be court-martialed and you'll go to court for treason, Miss Sophie.Am I clear?"the president asks.

What did I just walk into?

"Crystal, sir."Iroh says as I nod.

"Your activities here are bordering on insurrection.The avatar does not command the military of the republic.Don't go behind my back again.As you were, General Iroh, Miss Sophie."the president says before walking out.

"What did I just walk into?"I ask.

Iroh looks at me and shrugs.

"I hate that guy!"Korra shouts and I couldn't agree less.

"I'm sorry.My hands are officially tied."Iroh says.

"I understand.Thanks anyway.I'll leave you two alone."she says.

"How about you talk to the fire Lord?"I ask and look at Iroh who nods quickly.

"Yes, my mother and grandfather have always been good friends to the avatar and the southern water tribe.I'm sure they'll be willing to help."Iroh adds.

"Thank you general.I'll see you soon, Sophie."she says and looks at me to which I nod.

I watch as she walks out and then turn back to Iroh.

I smile up at him before he walks closer to me and gives me a tight hug.

"I missed you."I say

"I missed you too."he says and let's me go.

"When you coming back to me-Uh I mean the ship?"he asks and I sigh.

"I don't think very soon.I have a duty to forfill here before I can come back."I say and look back at the city.

"I know."he says and rests his hands on my hips.

"You know you still owe me that date?"he says with a grin.

"Trust me.I haven't forgotten but it sadly has to wait till this is all over."I say and put my forehead against his shoulder.

"I know."he says again.

"It's getting late.You want to eat something?"he asks.

"Taking that you aren't leaving anytime soon.I know this amazing place about a 20 minute walk from here."I say and look up at him.

"Sure let's go."he says and grabs my hand.

"But before we go I have to ask.Did the mass production of my beads every arrive and if say I wanted to get a few more where would I find them."I ask with a pleading look in my eyes.

"Yes they did arrive and let's just say if you were to stumble over them and borrow a few you would do so by the storage room on your floor."he says and I let go of his hand.

"Cool, cool, cool.You know what? I totally forgot something in my office and I'm just quickly gonna go fetch it, you can wait here."I say and run off.

I hear him chuckle and mutter a 'sure'.

If the president won't let the ships leave, then I'm going to at least make a few things leave the ship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 764 19
Dear Lin, I do hope that this letter finds you well. Audrey has just turned 18 and - well I was hoping she'd at least get to meet you- I guess one ca...
28.3K 967 25
"not a day went by where i didn't think of you both." īŧŠ*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚  ˚*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚īŧŠ it's been three years. three years...
52.7K 1.3K 63
"The moon's beautiful isn't it?" "Not as much as you." "You're getting more and more predictable day by day." +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...
77.7K 1.5K 31
Suhara is a runaway prince of the Fire Nation, presumed dead by his family. He was taught fire bending at first by his father, but because of being...