Duskwood: Unrecognisable

By digital-corruption

A coded message leads MC to find the dead hacker she loved alive, but so mentally disturbed as to be unrecogn... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 9.5 - !!NSFW!! 18+ Only
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 19.5 !!NSFW!! 18+ Only
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 29.5 - !!NSFW Only!!
Part 30
Part 30.5 - !!NSFW!!
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 34.5 - !!NSFW!!
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 41.5 - !!NSFW!!
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Bonus Part: Jake
Epilogue
New Duskwood-inspired story starting soon!
Haunted by the Past - Chapter 1 out now!

Part 55

383 26 14
By digital-corruption

A/N: Trigger warning: Violence, torture, drugs, oh my!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting in the darkness, trying to fake sleep while also trying not to fall asleep was actually harder than it sounds. I lowered my phone's brightness all the way down and still it felt too bright. I managed to find a believeable ASMR of something snoring softly and played it while I kept my phone between the cushions on the couch. I didn't think it would take Jake so long after drugging me to leave, but he must've waited at least two hours.

He came in to check on me sometime around 10 and left me a fresh bottle of water. His breath on my skin gave me chills as he leant over to check on me. His fingers softly stroked my cheek then ran across my lips before his own lips pressed against mine. I fought so hard to keep my breathing even and my body still, even though I felt so completely unnerved by the whole situation. Then as quietly as he entered, he left, closing the door gingerly behind him. I didn't dare move a muscle, not until I heard his heavy footsteps descend stairs. Quickly I sat up, slipped my sneakers on and tossed on Jake's hoodie. As I stood up, I grabbed my phone from between the cushions and put it on silent, muting all notifications.

The side door creaked as Jaked opened it. I tiptoed over to the office door, opening a crack to peek out. The building was dark. There wasn't even the usual glow of Jake's laptop. That's how I knew when I heard the door closed that Jake wasn't planning on returning anytime soon. Hurriedly I went down the stairs, trying my hardest to control my footsteps so they couldn't be heard on the outside. Without even pausing for a moment, I gingerly opened the side door, keeping it's creak to a minimum. Searching left and right for any movement, I closed the door behind, then ran to the corner and looked for Jake.

Jake was already a couple of blocks down the main road and I only just spotted him in time before he disappeared down an alley. Walking swiftly to catch up, I followed Jake through a maze of alleys and abandoned buildings. It took me a while to realise he was avoiding the CCTV cameras. He even had that considered in case I had some regained access to them. Eventually he stopped at the back of an abandoned warehouse and entered through a gap in the scaffolding. The area somehow seemed familiar to me. I glanced around and caught sight of the main road. It came to me that we were at the same building we had witnessed the police raid on Cyan from. We had had sex on the upper floor of this building. After a couple of minutes of waiting for any movement, I cautiously entered the building after Jake.

Not surprisingly, the building was dark, but I didn't dare pull out my phone for light. Instead I waited for my eyes to adjust to the small amount of moonlight that penetrated the gaps in the boarded up windows to find my way around empty racks. Soon I reached a door to a wide-open room. There was a warm light from a barrel fire on the far side of the room. As I tiptoed in, I noticed Jake's silhouette standing to the side of the fire. I kept to the back wall and moved behind some empty cardboard boxes to make sure I was hidden from view. Jake was talking, but with the poor sound reflections of the room, it was a bit difficult to make out what he was saying. There was a series of boxes closer to Jake. Taking a deep breath, I took the risk in moving closer.

"Oh come on, Richy! Wake up already!" I heard as clear day and my heart jumped.

Jake swung his arm and I heard the impact of the back of his hand on Richy's face. There was a pained grumble from Richy. I peeked around the box and saw that Richy was tied up on a metal chair. His head hung low, his arms uncomfortably restrained behind his back, his feet planted flat on the ground, uncomfortably apart. He lift his head slightly and in the dim light I could see one of his eyes was so bruised it had swollen shot. I covered my mouth to muffle my audible gasp.

"Ah, I didn't hear you return," Richy smiled weakly. "You should have called to let me know you were coming."

Jake yelled in German and slapped him again.

Richy winced and gritted his teeth, "What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"

Jake ignored him and walked over barrel. He lifted a piece of wood from a pallet off the floor.

"The same thing we do every night, Pinky!" Richy faked the cartoon character's voice. "Really? Nothing? Have you never seen Pinky and the Brain? Who is the uneducated swine now?"

"It is clear that if you can still make jokes, I still have a lot of work to do,"

Jake wrapped a piece of cloth around the end of the wood, then lowered it into the fire, lighting his makeshift torch. I could see where things were going and I started to panic. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts for Dr. Cumming. Why did I have to have so many saved on this phone!?

"Just kill me already," Richy shook his head woefully. "It's what you want."

"I want you to suffer as you made me suffer!" Jake snapped and walked behind RIchy. "First you drowned me in infested water! Then you burnt me alive!"

Jake lowered the burning plank onto the middle of Richy's back. He held it there while Richy screamed out in pain. I jumped and my phone slipped out of my hand just as I tapped on Dr. Cumming's contact. Jake lifted the torch suddenly and looked in my direction. Fuck, he saw me. I turned and tried to make a break for the door, but Jake was on me in no time. He tackled me to the ground so hard I scraped my knee on the concrete.

"Oh, MC, you shouldn't be here," he smirked sinisterly at me and grabbed my hair by its roots to pull me off the ground.

"Jake! Let's talk about this, ok?" I begged.

"MC!?" Richy gasped. "No... no! No! No! NO! Let her go, Jake! She has nothing to do with this! This is between you and me! You and me!" Richy tugged on his restraints, but his chair wasn't moving anywhere.

Jake grabbed my arm and held it twisted behind me as he shoved me across the room towards Richy.

"Jake, please, don't do this!" I pleaded. "Come on, let's see Dr. Cumming. You told me you trusted me to make that decision, right? It's time, Jake. It's time!"

"All you had to do, MC, was sleep and it would've all been over like it never happened," Jake pushed me down beside a metal column. "Now sit there like the good girl I know you are."

Jake walked over to an old tool cabinet and grabbed a jar from on top of it. I got up to run, but he quickly snatched my arm and yanked me back to the column with such force that I hit the back of my head on it. As I winced in pain, Jake emptied a powder from the jar and blew it into my face. I heard Richy yelling as my mind seemingly disconnected from my body. Everything that followed felt like a nightmare, one in which someone else was in control of my body while I was forced to watch. However, I could only remember small bits and pieces of what happened that night.

"Trust me, this hurts me more than it hurts you," Jake cooed as the drug took over my consciousness. "I never wanted to use it on you."

"What the hell did you do to her!?" Richy screamed.

"The same drug I gave you when you stepped out of your apartment," Jake explained. "Devil's breath."

"Please Jake, let her be," Richy begged. "She doesn't deserve any punishment, right? Just let her sleep and let her go when she wakes. Do what you want to me, but don't hurt her!"

"Oh, she's not asleep,' Jake turned to Richy and grinned. "She just doesn't have any say in what she does. And for the not deserving it part, well, that's not exactly true either, is it? I mean it was only because of her that I went into the mines to get your sorry ass out of there! It was because of her that I became so weak and vulnerable! That I would do anything for her! I was at her fucking mercy! She manipulated me to save you! Then, she got over me so quickly, like my sacrifice didn't matter..."

"No, no, Jake. She was going to go to the mines, remember? You stopped her!" Richy tried to remind him.

"That was just her mind games with me," Jake sneered. "This high and mighty angel, getting a devil to do her dirty work so she wouldn't put herself at risk. MC, pick up that plastic bag. It's time you got your hands bloody for once."

Jake gestured to the tool cabinet. My body walked over to the cabinet on its own and saw a white plastic bag laid on top of it. My body picked up the bag without hesitation.

"Richy, do you know what happened after the fire?" Jake asked. "The fire had significantly reduced the amount of oxygen in those tunnels. Do you have any idea what it feels like to suffocate?"

Richy's eyes widened in horror, "No! MC! Wake up! Think about what you're doing!"

"MC, angel, please do me a favour and put that bag over Richy's head. I'm tired of looking at him," Jake grinned.

I watched in horror as my body moved behind Richy and lowered the white plastic bag over his head. No matter how much I screamed internally, my body didn't respond as it held the bag tight around his neck while Richy thrashed in his chair in front of me. Meanwhile, Jake looked on with his hands in his pockets with such devilish glee, he might as well have been the devil himself. Richy suddenly stopped moving all together.

"That's enough, MC," Jake nodded. "We don't want to kill him just yet, do we?"

As soon I pulled the bag off Richy's head, he gasped for air.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," Richy grumbled as he recovered. "For real this time and make sure it sticks."

"Richy, seeing how you currently have your feet bolted to the ground, I don't think you'll be doing much of anything," Jake rolled his eyes.

I glanced down and noticed large metal nails implanted into Richy's bloodied shoes. They ensured Richy couldn't just stand up and walk away, chair or no chair.

Jake walked over to me and turned me towards him, "You did so beautifully, angel. I'm proud of you."

Jake pressed his lips to mine. At first my body didn't respond, but it soon gave in and kissed him back. I wanted nothing more than to vomit in his mouth right then. It only got worse as his tongue invaded my mouth.

"You think she's going to still love you when she wakes up," Richy spat. "She's going to hate you! Hate you forever!"

"Maybe," Jake smiled. "But more likely this will all just be a bad dream for her. To think, that's all you will ever be to her. Sure, it would have been better if she had just slept. Then she would have been saved from ever lying eyes on you again. But this beautiful angel, whose wings I've clipped and darkened, still manages to surprise me. My fallen angel that I've pulled from grace myself."

Jake kissed me more heatedly this time and my body responded in turn. I could feel his hands running down my sides and grab my hips possessively. He pressed his pelvis into me and I could feel the erection that had grown in his pants. This sickeningly turned my own body on. I could feel the heat building inside me. My body craved his touch and his attention. It would've done anything for him. Anything he asked, no matter how morally wrong or depraved. It was addicted to his praise and his approval. So much so, that the memory of suffocating Richy was already starting to fade away.

"Jake, where are we?" I questioned hazily.

"Shh, you had too much to drink again. Let's get you home before you pass out," he cooed. "We can continue this there, away from judging eyes."

"MC! Wake up!" Richy cried out. His voice was so hoarse that I could barely understand him. "Don't do it, Jake. Please, don't do it."

Jake wrapped his arm around my waist and walked us towards the back exit of the building, blocking my view of Richy.

"What was that?" I asked confused.

"Just a noisy raven, angel. Pay it no attention," he paused, then bent down to pick up my phone from the floor. He checked it, then handed it back to me. "Be careful with your new phone. Otherwise, I'll have to get you a new one."

"I'm sorry, Jake," I frowned and shoved the phone into my back pocket.

Jake kissed the top of my head patronisingly, "Just try not to drop it again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 110 5
Duskwood fanfiction, Jake x MC, along with other pairings as well. Mostly fluff(ish), unless it tells otherwise. Short stories not connected to each...
10.4K 714 49
I thought I was saving lives. I thought I was protecting everyone. I thought... I slowly closed my eyes. This wasn't the first time, nor was it going...
10K 391 39
This story is based off an Android Game called Duskwood. This particular story takes place after Chapter 10 ( Duskwood Finale) . MC doesn't want to g...