Unhinged | S. Harrington| B...

By cupids_quill003

In which Steve 'the hair' Harrington falls in love with Charlie ' the Psycho' Hopper. Or In which the Billy... More

<3 SOUNDTRACKS <3
Prologue
Are You Okay?
New Kid, Same Drama
Bruises
Cigarettes And Kisses
Drifting Apart
Boy Kisses
Author's Note
Hurt
Promises
Lose You
It Got Me
Haunted
Alone
Monster Hunting
It's Always Been You
It's Over
Come Back
Season Three
Consolations
Back To Square One
Troubled
All In Your Head
Russians
Important
He's Back.

Summer Nights

1.1K 31 7
By cupids_quill003

A little bit of smut towards the end.

"... I love you... Charlie."

Charlie opened his eyes and saw light through the window. He lied on his back, staring at the ceiling, trying to wake up properly. A sheet was pulled up to his waist.
His moon pendent glistened in the sunlight. He touched a figure to it and smiled almost unconsciously. Steve had bought two chains, one with a sun pendent and the other with a moon pendent, for both of them to wear. Charlie barely took his off, it made him feel safe. He instinctively reached for Steve, only to find the bed empty. It was one of those mornings he hadn't spend the night at Steve's. Charlie closed his eyes with a sigh.

"... I love you... Charlie."

Charlie was having the same dream for a while now. Now they were getting more and more frequent. He never remembered the details of it, only how he felt in those dreams -

Terrified. Hollow. Desperate.

He shook of the thoughts and tried to convince himself that his dreams were just dreams. Nothing more.

Charlie looked at his watch and saw the time. He had to get up. He was working as a life guard at the pool until he went off to college. Something, both his dad and Steve thought was unnecessary. But Charlie wanted to save up some money before he went to California. Yes, Charlie was going to California but without him.

Speaking of him, the only downside of working at the pool was being around a certain blonde Charlie had been avoiding. Billy hadn't mad any attempt to talk to him. Charlie was relieved but a little disappointed too. He had some faith in Billy, still.

Charlie rolled off his bed and got ready to face the day. He had his shift between Heather and Billy, which meant avoiding him was impossible. Then he had to go to start court to see his boyfriend. Charlie loved calling Steve his boyfriend. Even though they weren't out yet.

Charlie made his way to the living room, where Hopper was glaring daggers at El's door. He walked over to the kitchen table and poured himself a cup of coffee.

“You're about to make a hole through that door.” his voice snapped Hopper out of his daze.

“That wheeler kid is coming over.”

“Again?” Charlie asked raising an eye brow.

“Yes, again! I mean don't he have anything else to do? It's summer for God's sake!”

Charlie calmly sipped his coffee, relishing the taste. He hummed before answering,

“I mean you did keep them away for almost an year... So...” Hopper galred and Charlie immediately justified himself
“I'm not saying it's fine but they're teenagers now. You can't control them all the time.”

Hopper stoop up.

“Maybe you should be here more often, then she wouldn't need company from outside.”

Charlie sighed heavily and looked up the ceiling as if seeking help from God.

“Dad... I'm 18, alright? And I'm going away soon. Trust me, I love El and I love spending time with her. But she needs to have a life outside these walls.”

“I'm letting that Mike kid come around so often, that's already too much.” Hopper argued. Charlie stood with his arms akimbo and said firmly.

“I agree with one thing, she need friends other than Mike but you can't just pull them apart. It's not fair.”

Hopper scoffed and turned away. Charlie let out another deep exhale and said.

“I will be coming home tonight and I'll spent more time with her. But I won't ask her to stop seeing Mike. It's hypocritical.”

Without waiting for and answer, Charlie walked upto El's door and knocked thrice. She opened the door and smiled.

“Hey, morning.”

“Morning.” She moved aside, letting him inside. They sat on El's bed.

“I know we don't see each other much often nowadays.” Charlie begun.

“You are busy.”

“A little. But.. I was thinking, I'll come home early and we could watch a movie or something. Just the two of us?” He watched El carefully who beamed at him. And he definitely missed seeing her smile like this.

“5 : 15?” She asked.

“5 : 15” Charlie agreed.

They bother smiled and Charlie cleared his throat to introduce another subject.

“El... I know Mike is your... Boyfriend and you want spent time with him. Um... But don't you think you need more friends...?”

El frowned. Charlie elaborated.

“I know you're not exactly allowed out but... You know Max.... She's a cool kid.”

El glared at him aand Charlie immediately shut up.

“Alright... I forgot you didn't like her. But you know, it wouldn't hurt to give her a chance.”

El nodded. Charlie wanted El and Max to be friends. They had the potential. Max was brave and outgoing. El was powerful and kind. They could look out for each other when Charlie wasn't around. Having someone like Max would be good for El, as much he loved Mike, he didn't want Mike to be the only outside influence in El's life for God knows how long.

“When's Mike coming?” Charlie asked watching El's expression change.

“You don't have to worry.” She said.

“I'm your brother. I can't help it.” He got up smiling and bent down to kiss her head.

“See you later.” He said.

“Later.” El called out.

Charlie drove nice and slow to the pool. He got to his shift after Heather. He waved at Erica who just scoffed and turned around. Charlie chuckled at that. His eyes darted to where Mrs. Wheeler and other Hawkins mothers were sat. He barely held back an eye roll. They were waiting for Billy. It disgusted Charlie, that Nancy's mom would hit on someone the same age as her daughter. And she didn't even seem ashamed of it.

Charlie and Nancy had limited their contact. Only because they were both busy working and well being in new relationships. When they did call, Nancy complained about her job the whole time and Charlie listened. He wished there was anything else he could do but there wasn't.

Charlie's shift wasn't very eventful. He got down from his chair and walked into the dressing room, completely ignoring the ladies who were watching him like a hawk. Karen Wheeler almost seemed unable to meet his eyes. But the others...ugh. Charlie loathed the fact that Billy actually entertained this.

He had only pulled on his jeans when he heard foot steps and low and behold - Billy Hargrove. Just his luck. Charlie immediately fumbled his locker for his shirt.

“Relax, nothing I haven't seen before.” Billy smirked and Charlie rolled his eyes. Billy pulled of his shirt and Charlie immediately turned away. When he looked back Billy was already looking at him.

“Like what you see?” Billy asked, a teasing smirk on his lips. It irked Charlie that Billy could behave so casually with him after everything they went through.

“Nothing I haven't seen before.” Charlie retorted, buttoning up his shirt. He didn't wait for Billy to say anything else. He was almost at the door when he heard the blonde ask

“How's Harrington?”
There was an edge to it.

Charlie froze in his steps and turned around a little before speaking through gritted teeth

“He's been a lot better since you almost killed him.”

Then he sped out of their not wanting to have that conversation.

...........

Billy's POV

Billy watched Charlie walk out of there. The way Charlie spoke, he could feel the anger, radiating from him. Not just then, everytime they were in close proximity with each other. He hadn't meant to kill Harrington that night. All that anger wasn't directed at Sinclair or Harrington or Max. And especially not his Charlie.

In all honesty, he wasn't exactly guilty about what he did to Harrington, but he regretted pushing Charlie even further away from him. Worse was when he found out that Charlie was in the hostipital two days after the night. Max was grounded and she was arguing with Susan about it

“Mom... I just want to see him at the hospital it won't take more than half an hour.”

“Max, I already told you, you can't go out today or tomorrow.”

Billy walked out of his room ready to ask them to shut the hell up. But then a certain name caught him off guard.

“Mom, Charlie is my friend and he's in the hospital. I don't even know what's wrong with him. You can come with me and we'll come back together. I won't go anywhere else.”

Susan just shook her head. Max huffed and wiped her tears. She walked past Billy and slammed her door shut glaring at him.

Billy forgot how to breathe for a second. He leaned against the wall to compose himself. He wanted to see Charlie as soon as possible. He didn't care about the time. It was dark and there was no way the hospital allowed visitors at that time.

He still went there. He sneaked arounfld the reception desk. Infront of the ICU was Steve Harrington. His face bruised and looking dishelved. He ran his hands through his hair in desperation pacing up and down the hallway. Billy waited for him to go away. A few minutes in and Hopper came to. They talked, or argued about something, then Hopper patted his back and dragged him away from there.

Billy took the opportunity and got inside the ICU. His heart almost stopped. Charlie was lying still on the hospital bed. An oxygen mask over his face and a thousand wires surrounding him. The heart monitor beeped. Billy walked closer. Charlie looked deathly pale. Not a hint of color in his face.

“Charlie?” Billy called, his voice was frail and strange.

This wasn't how he wanted to see Charlie again. He was sure Charlie would yell at him. Tell him how much of an asshole he was and he hated him. And Billy was ready to hear all that. He wanted to hear all that. He wanted to shake Charlie and tell him to wake up. Tell him to shout at him, throw in a punch if it made him feel any better.

Because he would rather have Charlie hate him than not have Charlie at all.

Billy ran his fingers through Charlie's hair. He bent down and placed a sweet lingering kiss on Charlie's forehead. A tear fell on Charlie's face only then did Billy realize he was crying. He wiped them away immediately.

“I'm sorry. I know it's not enough but I'm so sorry. Please wake up, Charlie, don't punish me like this.”

He looked at Charlie once more before exiting the room.

Billy knew he messed up. He would never have Charlie ever again. His fear came true. Steve Harrington had one thing Billy didn't want him to have - Charlie Hopper. After he stole everything from him, he still managed to steal that one thing Billy couldn't lose.

Charlie walked into Scoops Ahoy and smiled charmingly at Robin Buckley. They were friendly back in high school. Not friends just friendly. One thing they had in common was hatred for Steve Harrington which, of course, was now absent in Charlie's case.

“Here to see you boyfriend?” Robin asked.

Only if she knew.

“You guessed it, Buckley. Where's he?”

Robin pointed to the door behind her and Charlie walked in saluting her. Robin teased Steve and Charlie every now and then, about being boyfriends, only if she knew it was true. Steve was terrified of Robin ever finding out but Charlie was calmer, because he always suspected her to be a little fruity.

Charlie sneaked behind Steve and covered his eyes. Steve straightened up, tensed for a second and sighed.

“Really Hopper?” Steve asked covering Charlie's hands with his own. He turned around and Charlie smiled cheekily at him.

“You do that everyday.”

“Admit it, you like it.”

Steve released a soft sigh and pecked Charlie softly. The were careful in public. They were still two boys, in a relationship, in a town like Hawkins.

“Unfortunately I can't help but like everything you do.”
Steve smiled.

“Such a romantic. Who would've thought?” Charlie grinned and leaned in again. Before their lips met, Robin called out.

“Hey Dingus! It's your turn!”

Steve groaned and Charlie smiled cheekily. He quickly pecked his boyfriend and pulled back.

“Wait for me.” Steve whispered. He went through the door and started attending to customers. Robin came in seconds later, she took off her cap with a sigh.

“Stupid company policy.” She muttered as she fixed her hair.

“Hey Hopper. Haven't seen you around in a while.”

“I was literally here a day ago.” Charlie laughed.

“Just trying to build a conversation. It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with my coworker.” She said the last part loudly.

“I heard that.” Steve yelled back.

“You were meant to.”

Charlie laughed at their bickering. Robin walked over pulled a while board with two columns namely 'you suck' 'you rule'. The you suck column had 5 points and the you rule one zero.

“What is this?” Charlie asked confused.

“Oh this.” Robin grinned devilishly. “This is how much Harrington sucks at hiding his crush on you.”

Charlie gaped. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. So Robin rambled on.

“He's always making these big cow eyes at the door when you haven't showed up. He lights up like a Christmas tree when he sees you walk in. When you're not looking, he looks at you like he can't believe you're real. When you're about to leave, he looks like a sad puppy. Don't even get me started on the blushing at every touch, and sometimes, he looks like he wants to devour you.”

Charlie turned bright red. Robin was right, of course, but he couldn't tell her they were boyfriends. Not yet. She waited for him to say something.

“Right.” Charlie muttered and Robin sighed.
Just then Steve came in with a an ice cream cone in hand.

“Chocochip, for you. I know how hot it gets at the pool.” He gave it to Charlie who glanced at Robin while taking it.

“Thank you.” Charlie muttered. Steve, out of habit, fixed the strands of hair falling on Charlie's forehead. Charlie blushed a little.

It's, something he did often. Charlie's hair wasn't easy to tame. It was wild and soft and beautiful. Steve loved running his fingers through it, especially since it helped Charlie sleep. Charlie was troubled with nightmares often. It got considerably better now, however it was hard, the first few weeks after Charlie left the hospital. Some nights Steve had to hold him down and whisper soothing words to him, when he was trapped in nightmares he couldn't wake up from. Some nights he woke up gasping and crying and couldn't call asleep again. Steve would hold him again his chest and sooth out his hair. It coaxed him to sleep.

Charlie saw Robin draw another mark on the  'you suck' side. He glared at her and she just smirked. There was nothing evil about the way Robin teased them. She didn't seem to resent them at all. It made Charlie feel a bit calmer.

Steve and Ron in bickered back and forth throughout their shift. It was entertaining to Charlie who just chilled in the back. Steve sneaked a kiss every now and then. Until it was time for Charlie to go. He promised they'd sent some time together.

“Stay with me tonight?” Steve asked.

“Tommorrow I promise. I haven't spend some time with El in a long time.”
Charlie touched the tip of his nose to Steve's.

“I'm holding you to that.”

Charlie held Steve's waist. He leaned in and pressed his lips to Steve's. Steve placed one hand on Charlie's heartbeat and the other on the side of his face, as he deepened the kiss. They pulled away. Charlie released a shaky breath and kissed Steve again. The kissed turned hungry and feverish. Neither wanted to stop.

Charlie pulled back, restraining himself. He pulled his hands away but Steve had a firm grip on his jacket.

“I should really go.”
Charlie rasped.

“You should.” Steve agreed, his big brown eyes burning into Charlie. His ears and nose were red. He licked his lower lip. Charlie audibly groaned.

“Stop being so beautiful.” He cried helpless and kissed Steve again. He held Steve's face both hands. His thump grazing Steve's jaw making the other boy melt into the touch.

Steve let's Charlie take over the kiss. He felt Charlie push his tongue in. Steve's heart was beating at the speed of light. Charlie's mouth was warm and sweet and Steve grew dizzy. They pulled apart gasping for air. Charlie kissed his cheeks and temple and forehead.

“Do you still want to go?” Steve asked, his voice was husky.

“I have to.” Charlie kissed him again, short and sweet.

“Hey Dingus! Your children are here.” Robin called loudly. Steve rolled his eyes and Charlie sighed.

“Again? Seriously?” Steve asked the kids. He let them in. They were sneaking in to watch a movie without ticket. They did this way too often and Charlie was afraid they might get caught.

“Hey Charlie!” Max high-fived him. Will and Mike smiled at him. And Lucas gave a knowing look and teasing smirk which Charlie rolled his eyes to.

After a few more minutes of coaxing and sweet talk Stve finally let Charlie go. They were at the counter when the lights went out. The whole mall went dark and everyone was murmuring.

Charlie tensed. His heartbeat went up and he got that terrible feeling in his chest. A knot formed in his gut. His head grew dizzy and unknown dread gnawed at him. The feeling was eerily familiar. He didn't like it one bit.

Steve missed with the light switch and Robin scolded him but Charlie wasn't listening properly. He closed his eyes and waited for the voice to whisper, for a giant shadow to appear but nothing happened. The lights came back on.

Charlie unconsciously touched his nose. There wasn't any blood and he wasn't dizzy anymore. Just a little shaken up. Steve came to his side looking concerned. Chat lei manages a small smile.

“Everything okay?” Steve asked, one hand coming to reat on Charlie's forearm.

“Yeah. Of course. I will be going now. See you later.” he squeezed Steve's jhand reassuringly. Steve watched him walk off with a feeling of something not being right.

Charlie came back home. Hopper was sleeping on the couch the TV was still playing. He sighed, switched it off and got a blanket for his dad.

“Goodnight Dad.” He whispered, relieved that, for once his father wasn't passed out from alcohol just exhaustion.

There were nights when he brought covers for Hopper, who fell asleep on his floor, stinking of booze and whatnot. Charlie would wish him good night, knowing his dad couldn't hear him. He would cry himself to sleep with nothing but the cold for comfort.

Charlie physically shook off the thoughts. His dad was better now. Everything was better now. He went to El's room. She was reading on her bed. He knocked and she looked up at him.

“Pizza?” He asked, showing her the box. El nodded.

After a long time, Charlie spent some time with his sister. They ate the pizza and played cards, solved puzzles and he told El about all the funny incidents at the pool. They stayed up a little late until El fell asleep.

Charlie went to his room. His mood turned sour immediately. The electricity outage at the mall had awakened something in him. A dread he long forgot about. He couldn't go through all that again.

Charlie was slowly drifted into sleep. His eyes closed and breathing bacame even.

Charlie shuddered. It was cold and dark. There were vines everywhere. He looked around frantically. A guy wrenching scream ripped through the air. A chill ran down Charlie. It sounded familiar. He ran to where the sound. He stumbled on vines and he finally reached the middle of the forest.

Charlie stopped, breathing heavily. His heart dropped. Tears clouded his vision and his throat tightened. Demodogs, plenty of them. They were feasting on someone's dead body. Not someone, Steve Harrington.

“No no no no no no.” Charlie shook his head and fell back. He was crying, his chest heaving and his whole frame shaking.

Charlie woke up with a gasp. His face was tear stained and he woke up in cold sweat.
He placed a hand on his unsteady heartbeat.

Just a nightmare.

He told himself over and over. It was still dark. He had been asleep for an hour. Or less. He looked around. Everything was the same. But he  wanted to see Steve and make sure he was okay. He didn't care care it was dead of the night. He just had to see him.

That's how Charlie ended up driving to Steve Harrington's at one in the morning. He knocked on the door then mentally kicked himself and ringed the doorbell. Seconds later Steve was at the door. Barely out of sleep and obviously confused.

“Lee? What are you doing -” Steve didn't even get to finish his question before Charlie started enquiring him. Charlie gripped Steve's shoulder.

“Are-are you okay? Did something -.... I - I can't-”
Charlie couldn't even form proper sentences. His hands were ice cold and they were shaking.

“I'm fine. Lee, but what happened you?” Steve interrupted cupping Charlie's face. Charlie let out a small sob and dropped his head on Steve's shoulder. The Harrington didn't hesitate a second before wrapping his arms tightly around him.

Charlie spoke incoherently, his arms around Steve's waist, holding onto him for dear life.

“I just thought - I.. I... I don't know. I can't... I was so s-scared. ”

Steve hushed him and tightened his grip a fraction. He took Charlie inside and they sat down on the living room couch. Steve brought him water and Charlie gulped it down.

Charlie collected himself and spoke.

“This is stupid. I'm sorry I had a nightmare... And I... I wanted to see you. I shouldnt have barged in like this.... I'm really sorry.” he looked down at the floor. He hands still shook involuntarily.

“No... no, no. Do not apologize for reaching out to me. I'm here for you.” Steve moved closer and kissed Charlie's cheek. The other boy released a shuddering breath.

“What was the nightmare?” Steve asked carefully. Charlie flinched a little and moved closer to Steve.

“I don't want to think about it.”

Steve nodded. He massaged Charlie's shoulders trying to ease up the tension.

“Let's got for a drive?” Steve suggested. Charlie looked at him as of he was joking.

“It's the middle of the night.” Charlie said.

“It's perfect.” Steve pulled Charlie up with him and they went outside. Summer nights were warm. Not too hot not too cold.

They drove in silence. Charlie glances out of the window and Steve didn't try to break his peace. They reached the edge of horizon, their safe place. It's where they had their first date.

Charlie smiled and looked at Steve
Steve returned the warm smile and interlaced their fingers. The sky was clear. They state subside the car in comfortable silence.

Charlie was the one to speak first.

“I had a nightmare about you.”

Steve glanced at him. Charlie's gripped harder.

“It was terrifying and it felt....so real. I jsut know... I can't lose you Steve. I just can't, if anything ever happens to you, I will loose my fucking mind.”

Charlie met Steve's gaze. Unspilled tears clinged to his lashes. He blinked and looked away. A few more seconds of silence until Charlie spoke again.

“It scares me... How much I..” He stopped himself. Wondering if it was too soon for the confession.

“I love you, Lee.” Steve whispered. Charlie wasn't sure he heard itt right, he turned his head sharply.

“I love you.” Steve alsaod each word more clearly.

Charlie was about to speak but Steve interrupted him.

“Remember when I aksed you, if you could hear us when you were in a coma? It's because I had already confessed to you. I've loved you for so long, Charlie.”

Charlie searched for words. He forgot how to speak. Then he did the one thing he could do. He kissed Steve, deeply.

“I love you, Steve, so much.” he whispered as they pulled back briefly.

It was like a dam broke. They kissed and kissed and kissed. Suddenly the night felt hotter. Charlie fumbled with his shirt and pulled it off.

####

“I want you... Now.” He rasped out.

“Yes please.” Steve whispered.

The crashed into the back seat. Charlie desperately pulled off Steve's T shirt. He pulled Steve onto his lap and kissed a burning path in his chest and shoulders. Steve grinded against Charlie as the other boy left marks on his neck and shoulders.

They pulled off their pants and what was left. The skin to skin contact only made them ache for more. Their skins burned.

Charlie pushed Steve back on the seat. He had this devilish look in his eyes.

“Keep it quiet.” he muttered to Steve. He put his middle finger in Steve's mouth mad he sucked it immediately. Charlie kissed Steve stomach, his waist line and he stopped to look at the boy.

He took Steve in his mouth and the Harrington cursed. He moved agonizingly slow and teased him. Steve's fingers curled into Charlie's hair and not in a gentle way. Charlie, with his middle finger that previously in Steve's mouth, started fingerling Steve. Steve's grip loodlsed and he seemed to melt. Charlie flexed his finger in and out and his mouth worked on Steve.

Steve was sweating up a storm. Charlie stopped when Steve was close and the brunette whimpered at the lose of contact.

“You ready?” Charlie asked and Steve nodded. Charlie let Steve be on top and slowly entered him. Once Steve was comfortable, they started moving in a rhythm. Since Steve was already close he came first. His moans filled the car.

Charlie was done yet, not even close. So he kept moving. He kisied Steve, comforting him.

“You're so perfect.” he whispered against Steve lips.

Charlie thrust in harder and harder and Steve's nail dug into his skin deep enoght to draw blood. They came together but they're moans were muffled by messy and desperate kisses.

####

Charlie was the one to drive them home. They did it again in Steve's bed and on the floor. They shared messy and blurry kisses until both fell asleep limbs tangled. And Charlie slept, nightmare free, in the arms of the man he loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.4K 17
A teenage girl finds herself falling in love with the 'it' boy Steve Harrington and the new bad boy Billy Hargrove, all the while battling a deep dar...
95.5K 3.3K 43
γ€Œ πŸπŸ—πŸ–πŸ“: The Mind Flayer is dead. The Upside Down is destroyed. But One's story isn't over yet. Reunited with her mother, One is brought to the D...
1.1M 24.4K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...
11.5K 249 41
my first story :D is about max mayfield and daniel harrington Daniel Harrington is a popular rich boy of 12 years old because of his older brother St...