Lovers in the Night | Yang Ju...

By jwontoni

"The night is when dreams come true." In which love blooms between a Human and Vampire after each night until... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
IX
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
Bonus
Lovers in the Night II

V

3.7K 191 48
By jwontoni

THIRD PERSON

The next day, Danah was saddened at class; completely heartbroken. She felt betrayed by Sheep, thinking that he'd be a completely good guy.

At the same time, she felt like an idiot. Vampires need human blood, how could she just assume that Sheep wouldn't search for any?

However, she sensed a entirely different aura from Sheep than from the one from Jett. Sheep sincerely seemed like a genuine being. Maybe this was her being in denial.

Was she forming a little crush on the Vampire?

The three other girls noticed that Danah seemed to have been in a depressed mood, but they let her be after she told them that she didn't really want to talk about it.

Whatever, she tries to gaslight herself. At least the sun is out today. I love the sun.

"Okay, class." Ms Song starts off. "Instead of ending off with English today, the principal of the school has requested every class to do simple activities on the study of vampires for educating and safety purposes."

Wow, perfect. Thank you, universe, for rubbing salt into the wound.

After handing out the papers and textbooks, Ms Song continues with her instructions. "I will be assigning you guys into partners." That one statement makes the majority of the class whine. She then announces the pairs she put together. "...Jungwon and Danah..."

After the pairs had been announced, everyone groups up. Danah, however, was too busy sulking to realize.

"Yo," Jungwon lowly calls, snapping Danah back into reality. She is met with his doe-like eyes. "Help me out, partner."

"Oh, sorry." Danah apologizes, turning her chair around to begin working with the quiet boy. Though, she proceeds to not help him since she zoned out again. It was as if she switched positions to seem like she was helping.

"You seem to be in an awful mood," Jungwon half-absentmindedly sheds into light as he almost too quickly answers the Vampire questions on the sheet.

"I'm fine," Danah lies. She notices how their paper was filled with writing already, "I see that you know a lot about Vampires."

He shrugs, "I study about them in my free time: It's good to be prepared in an unsafe world with an inefficient education curriculum." He says this, but it seemed like he was watering down the truth. He currently presented himself like he was an expert of the field of Vampires.

She hums, agreeing. "Hey, hey. Slow down. Let me answer some of the questions," she snatches the paper from him and grabs her own pencil.

"If exposed to sunlight, Vampires' abilities are unable to function and they can burn alive. True or false?" Danah reads one of the questions that Jungwon hasn't answered yet. "Well, duh. Doesn't everyone know that? It's in every folklore!"

Before she writes her opinion down, Jungwon corrects her. "Not at all, they just get sunburnt more easily than humans and they abilities simply weaken. That's it."

Danah raises an eyebrow, "Wow, you know your stuff. This is the first time I've heard you speak proper sentences." It made her wonder how she had a crush on him who she barely knew.

She wasn't wrong. Jungwon usually preferred silence because small talk was a waste of time to him. He also doesn't seem phased by her statement, so she continues to write down his answer word for word.

She continues on to the next question, "Do Vampires need human blood?"

She looks up, expecting Jungwon to answer for her. He finally looks into her eyes as if he had genuine wonder, "Well, what do you think?"

"I don't know, don't ask me. I don't know as much as you do," she admits. She could recall her encounter with Sheep last night, and she was still in doubt that he would kill a Human.

"You need to answer the questions yourself too," Jungwon crosses his arms. There was a tone of urgency in his voice like he wanted her to come to a realization quick.

"Fine, geez." Danah begins thinking deeply. She remembers Sheep and his line towards Jett: 'We swore an oath live in peace with the Humans a hundred years ago.'

Thinking about it, probably not. If Vampires can swear on their lives to not drink Human blood, they do not necessarily need it. However, Human blood may be the tastiest out of all the others to them.

Danah begins writing down her thoughts as Jungwon watches her closely. He grins, seeming to be satisfied with her answer. "Is this right?" she hopefully glances at her work partner.

He purses his lips, "Who knows." He seemed proud for some reason. "Use that information well." What?

She scoffs in disbelief, "I thought you were the Vampire know-it-all." Jungwon ignores her on that claim. Regardless, she reads the next question. "Vampires are immortal. True or false. Uh, they are right? They don't die unless they get killed?"

"Right," Jungwon mutters out. With that, Danah writes down her answer. It made Danah wonder how old Sheep was.

All her thoughts had recently been about Sheep. It came to the point that she was unphased that her current partner was the person she used to find the most attractive in the world.

Anyway, Danah couldn't ever live as an immortal soul. To her, it'd feel so isolating and depressing. Imagine seeing loved ones die over and over again? That'd be hell.

Then Danah was finally on the last question, "Bonus Question: what do you about the seven Prince Vampires?" Danah furrows her brows at this question. "I didn't even know there were Vampire princes, let alone seven of them. Do you know anything about them?"

"You can say that they're not really princes, they are just guardians of the bonds between human and vampire." Jungwon loosely tells her.

Danah makes an 'o' shape with her mouth. "Gotcha." After writing down everything, she drops her pencil and shakes her hand in pain from writing so much.

She still doesn't entirely understand the whole concept of vampires.

She then has a recollection of what she witnessed last night, "They're cool but I don't think they're trustworthy. Ya know?"

Jungwon slowly eyes her. For the first time, it looked like he really wanted to say something but was holding it back, Danah didn't notice.

The bell then rings, which snaps him out of his stare and everyone instantly begins packing up. "I'll hand our work in for us," Jungwon takes the paper and heads to the front of the class to admit it to Ms Song.

"Thanks for your knowledge, Jungwon." Danah says as Jungwon returns to his seat.

"No problemo," he responds in the most blank voice ever. Man, is he always so dead in the inside?

Wonyoung, Sullyoon, and Minji crowd Danah shortly after. "I didn't get to finish the Vampire worksheet," Sullyoon sighs.

"Girl, Haruto and I didn't even make it halfway." Wonyoung frustratedly runs her hand through her silky hair.

"Really? I was able to finish it with Jinni," Minji places a hand on her cheek like she was shocked with herself.

"You probably got all the answers wrong," Sullyoon teases.

"Possibly," Minji shrugs.

"How about you and Jungwon, Danah? How was your progress?" Wonyoung asks. From her peripheral vision, Danah notices Minji's eye twitch at hearing the boy's name.

"We were able to finish it right before class ended," Danah proudly says.

"Wow, look at you." Sullyoon smiles. "You met a Vampire once and now you're an expert about them."

"Nope, Jungwon carried. He answered basically all the questions for me," Danah doesn't forget to credit her partner.

"Ooh, I didn't take Jungwon as someone who'd care about these kinds of things." Wonyoung confesses.

"Really? He even looks like a Vampire to me. Have y'all seen his pale skin?" Minji jokes.

"Now that's not funny," Danah playfully frowns. "Don't make me scared of Jungwon, as if he isn't already intimidating enough!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 4.5K 23
wherein a girl cursed with immortality meets another cursed soul. © FLAUVIER 2021 ENHYPEN FANFIC NAR...
206K 8.2K 29
It all started when the girl lend the crying boy her umbrella on a rainy day, who knew she had the ability to fix his broken heart? - enemies to love...
531K 29.3K 78
"𝗙𝗶𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿." - 🚨 viewer discretion is advised Content: murder, blood, violence, suicide & strong language
33.2K 977 28
Y/n an ordinary girl with warm blood, lost her parents in an car accident. One day met a vampire 🦇 who don't believe in love. Will she be able to ch...