Reckless Mentality (Urban)

By ImperfectVibes

Copyright © ImperfectVibes. 2013. All Rights Reserved. DEFINE: Reckless Mentality RECKLESS [Rek-lis] | Adjec... More

Reckless Mentality: Prologue
Jordyn Analeah Monroe
Chapter 1: Spanish Class
Chapter 2: The Park
Chapter 3: Drop it low
Chapter 4: Drawing Blunts
Chapter 5: Travie
Chapter 6: Intoxicated truth?
Chapter 7: Sunday Dinner
Chapter 8: Hoe!
Chapter 9: Homies
Chapter 10: Take Care
Chapter 10 Pt.2: Be Careful
Updates, Questions&A Teaser
Chapter 11: Real Talk
Chapter 12: Disrespect
Chapter 13: Payback
Chapter 14: We Run Sh*t
Chapter 15: The Game
Chapter 16: Spring Break
Chapter 17: Flight to Miami
Chapter 18: Trapped
Chapter 19: It's personal
Chapter 20: Family Time
Chapter 21: The Game Catching Up to You
Chapter 22: Rescue Mission
Chapter 23: Missing You
Chapter 24: Trust
Chapter 25: My Brother's Keeper
Chapter 26: "Until it doesnt hurt anymore"
Chapter 27: Decisions Decisions
Chapter 29: Partner in Crime
Chapter 30: Divided Court
Chapter 31: Let's talk about Graduating ..
Chapter 32: Bad Blood
Chapter 33: Troubled Pasts
Chapter 34: Relationships
Chapter 35: The Bridges We Built (+Competition)
Chapter 36: Weak Bonds

Chapter 28: No Exceptions

2.5K 93 1
By ImperfectVibes

Ziggy

"Yoo bro, you alive?" I squinted to see Jamal's dumb ass shaking me.

"Nigga the fuh, leave me!" I rubbed my temple and looked down realising I fell asleep on the couch still dressed in black.

"Aye, how much you smoke yesterday?" I looked around, on the table I saw my weed stash open and a couple rizzlers.

"What you talking about you smoked with me, I must've just fell asleep" I shrugged. I got up packing it up but Jamal took it from me.

"Yeah well, it didn't look that way when J came out, this why I don't do relationships my brudda" he said patting my back.

"Thanks for the advice" I laughed making my way into the room.

It was still kinda early so I took a hot shower and changed into some shorts and a t shirt. I decide to take a seat and do some research on our Miami connects, Ace looking to clean up his money in Miami aswell

I got up to look grab some thing from my duffle bag to see Jordyn lying awake in bed. I looked at her not knowing what to say, she knew I had avoided talking by falling asleep in the living room.

"Morning b-" she scoffed before I could finish. She got up walked pass me to the bathroom. "Aye what's your problem J?" I walked in just as she was about to walk out.

"We'll talk when I get back, you get back and avoid me. If you were done talking you should've just said!" She tried to walk past me but I shit the door.

"Alright. The drop was a set-up so I was kinda fucked up."

"Did any of you guys get hit?"

"Nah, we good" I said to her relief. She nodded and took a seat on the edge of the sink and sighed.

"I know you probably think I'm over reacting or acting like a bitch but it's in my nature. Any other guy, I swear I would've walked away but you know I guess you are my exception as well."

"All I ever ask is for you to trust me and you never have to worry" I walked up to her placing my hands on her waist.

"I do, completely but don't you ever lie to me about anything!" She said pushing on my chest, I grabbed her hands and moved closer.

**

"What'cha doing?" J asked curiously as she stepped out the bathroom. (Dressed in black, leather runner shorts and a white loose tank, with her hair in a high curly bun)

"Tryna find Ghost" I admitted pulling her into my lap. "This are the pictures we got of the car following us and this is a map of all the places we've seen it, I'm tryna figure out where it's coming from"

"Who have you shown this to?"

"No-one I was going to figure it out first, why?"

"It's 2 different cars in these pictures, see these ones are black" she said putting most of the pictures to the side."But this one is a navy blue escalade only pictured round the corner from my old house and my dad's house"

"Shit I didn't notice."

"What do you think it means?" She asked.

"That the black car is definitely Ghost, there is no other way he knew we would be at the park that day, where to find me and Layla" I explained as she leaned against my chest.

"So now we have to find out more about the blue car?"

"Girl who's we?" I joked. "Just because I'm telling you stuff doesn't mean I'm letting you get involved"

"But why?" She complained kissing my neck.

"Because you distracting as hell" I replied tracing my fingers along her thigh.

"Jordyn, Jordyn" I heard a faint voice.

"You hear that?"

"Yes, someone's calling me" she said confused getting up. I followed her into the living room.

Ace

"Jordyn! Jordyn! I know your in there so stop playing games!!" I shouted as I banged on the boys' apartment door ready to kick it down in couple seconds. But before I could kick the door in Jamal opened up looking scared as fuck.

"Where the fuck is my daughter?!" I demanded pushing him out the way.

"Err" he stuttered trynna think of an excuse.

"Useless" I muttered violently opening doors in search for my daughter.

"Jordyn?! Come out now!" I roared swinging open doors to find nothing-which frustrated me even more. I opened up the last room which looked like it was Ziggy's and saw J's weekender bag sat on the floor which enraged me even more.

Suddenly I heard Jordyn's faint voice become clearer as they approached the apartment. I calmed down and walked back to the living room taking a seat as I waited for them to see me.

"So this where Layla lives?" I sarcastically asked Jay as she buss the corner to find me sitting on one of the sofas.

"Dad?!" She asked surprised but also scared to see me here. "What are you doing here?"

"Don't fuck with me Jordyn!! Go and get your shit and let's go!!" I shouted causing both her and Ziggy to jump.

"And you Ziggy. This what you were doing instead of taking care of the shit I assigned you?" I stated more than asked not really wanting an answer.

"Jordyn what the fuck are you waiting for?" I demanded after noticing her failure to move a step.

"I'm not going with you" she protested. I sat back and chuckled knowing that would stop me from doing something stupid. I swear running a drug cartel is easier than raising a daughter...'Least them niggas don't answer back.

"Is this a joke?" I finally said looking up at the both of them. The sight of Jordyn standing next to Ziggy really didn't do much to ease my anger.

"Listen dad I know your trying to protect me and I didn't want you to find out bout me and Ziggy like this but-"

"Great then! Since you know I'm trynna protect you..you can now get in that room and pack your shit our flight leaves in 2 hours" I announced getting up glancing at my watch. Ziggy was about to speak up till I gave him a warning look.

"Dad seriously?!" She exploded. I guess she inherited my temper along with her mother's stubbornness which is a lethal combination all together.

"Don't make me fucking repeat myself again" I spat approaching them. Jordyn shifted her feet contemplating whether to yield like Jada does when she knows she has no other options.

"Fine" she muttered walking off.

" And as for you Ziggy after everything I've done for you all I asked in return was for you to leave my daughter alone and you couldn't do that?!" I asked sitting on their coffee table.

"Ace it ain't even like that" he began to explain before I interrupted him.

"So what you ain't fucking with my daughter?"

Ziggy looked down and didn't say shit. This one of the reasons I ain't want my daughter moving to Philly, shit karmas a bitch and I knew my daughter would have to pay for my sins and what I used to do to other people's daughters including her mother.

"Yo Ace I know you think imma hurt Jordyn but I'll never do that" I looked at the boy hard trynna conclude whether he actually believes the shit coming out his mouth or if he trynna play me.

"Ziggy you forget that I've known you since you were in elementary school" I announced some of my anger vanishing being replaced by pity for the lost boy. "I've seen you grow up and become the person you are today and that's someone who ain't know the first thing bout commitment" I continued, "And shit I would know I've made you my image" I concluded.

Like I've said Ziggy remind me of myself when I was you younger. So all this bullshit comment bout him not her Jordyn is exactly that...bull. Shit I recited the same shit to Jada's dad.

"Ace-"

"Nah Ziggy listen I've got love for you boy. However that love has a limit when it comes to my daughter" I explained getting real serious since he obviously ain't heard me the first time. "Now this your last warning, I ain't gonna tell you what to do, I know you already know what's best" I warned meeting his eyes letting him know I wasn't joking. "You hear me?!" I asked getting in his face. He didn't make a move so I asked him again pressing done on his shoulders.

He then slowly nodded. "Good" I smiled patting the side of his face. "Now make sure you keep my box safe" I instructed.

"Dad!" Jordyn huffed with an attitude as she came out holding her bag ready to leave. I walked up to her taking hold of the bag before letting her walk in front. I knew she would find a way to say goodbye to Ziggy and I ain't want that.

Jordyn

I thought me and Ziggy's awkward ride the other day was bad...the one en route the airport with my dad was the worse. I was actually surprised he ain't lectured me all the way to the airport since I know he got a lot to say.

"You know J I know your mad but just know everything I do is for your own good" Dad finally spoke breaking the silence.

"Whatever" I huffed looking out the window onto the long ass motorway, with the occasion sign every one and a half mile or so. Shit I knew I was in the wrong skipping school to come here but his way too over protective.

"Come on really?? Your gonna cop an attitude with me?" He laughed briefly looking at me.

"I wouldn't if you didn't try to control who I could date" I muttered keeping with the attitude.

"So you expected me to sit back and watch you kick back with a thug?!" Dad yelled barely containing his anger.

"What's the issue you were one!!" I spat back letting go of my anger.

"And that exactly why I won't let you end up with one..so stop fighting me on this" he warned opening the windows to cool off.

"All I'm trying say is you don't gotta worry bout me" I tried to reason.

"Jordyn I had to fly from Philly to Miami to come and get my daughter since she decided to skip school to be with her nigga" he sternly stated. I looked at him from my peripheral vision and rolled my eyes.

"How you know I was even here?"

"You forget I got people everywhere" dad simply stated.

I rolled my eyes and turned myself forward, "Why are you so against this?!" I blurted out fed up with his attitude towards Ziggy. I know that Ziggy works for him but that should make him trust Ziggy even more.

"I don't need to explain myself Jordyn" he dismissed watching the road.

"Fine then imma keep seeing him" I shrugged.

"Come again?" He roared braking hard on the side of the motorway making me jerk forward, "Make no mistake I will put you on the first plane back to Delaware if you don't head my warning" dad frightened.

"And who's to say I won't jump on another plane back" I fired back calling his bluff.

"Why don't you try me" dad fired back looking dead serious.

"Come on dad!!" I shouted still wanting real answers.

"So you really wanna know why I don't want him round you?!" He passive aggressively asked resting his elbows on the stirring wheel.

"Yes I do!" I tenaciously answered without hesitation.

"Alright princess tell me..how well do you think you know your precious Ziggy?" He questioned waiting for an answer.

I hesitated before answering, a few days ago I would've had an answer but after Chanel I just didn't know anymore.

"So what? Now you can't answer a simple question bout him?" Dad asked starting the engine again.

"I know his not as bad as you think" I retaliated my voice however lacking in confidence.

"Hmm Is that so?!" He laughed, still not giving me an answer. "Is that what he told you or what you know?"

Again I had no answer. Damn Ziggy makes it so difficult for anyone to defend him. "Listen Jordyn the fact of the matter is I got love for the boy I do-Shit he one of my best trappers" he admitted, "however I also know how his relationships with girls are like and they all start the same and end the same...so what makes you the exception?" He stated.

I sat back defeated. That was the exact same question I asked Ziggy the other night. What makes me the exception.

Layla

20:33pm

"Sarah I really fucked up didn't I?" I whined as my voice broke. The past couple of days have been the worst days of my life. And that's a big statement coming from me.

"Aww Lay com'on Aaron will get over it soon" Sarah responded trynna give me hope, if only she knew how stubborn Aaron was. "But if not you got Travie" she winked.

"Lay?" Deena suddenly called out knocking on the door, 'for walking in with hella takeout bags and Monique behind her.

"What are you guys doing here?" I softly asked eying the both of them. "We came to cheer your ass up...duh?" Monique kissed her teeth setting down the bags in her hands.

"Yass and we bought hella sushi" Deena cheesed backing out a box from Xiu Xiu - my favourite Chinese/Japanese take out. "Ya'll ain't have to I'm fine" I weakly smiled.

"Prft says your face" Monique muttered loud enough to be heard. "Mons!" Deena snapped shaking her head. She just shrugged unwilling to retract her statement.

"Lay I'm going now ok?" Sarah announced picking up her bag, she had a dinner date with pops tonight. "Alright bye" I replied as she quickly left.

"Ok so...number one rule! No crying!!" Deena announced as she took a seat on the floor. "Yass!!" Monique second "we here to turn up!!" She continued, dragging me down to the floor off the bed and handing me a box. I smiled and grabbed the box pleased that these lot came here to cheer me up.

"So did you tell Jordyn yet??" Deena asked taking a bite out her big ass dumpling. I guess there was no wasting time for her "No I'm waiting till she comes-"

"Wait shit you didn't tell my cousin bout you kissing Travie?!" Monique grasped surprised. "No and how did you even found out?" I asked puzzled and looking to Deena with raised eyebrows.

"Ooh she goin be pissed!" Monique sang. She was right though and that's exactly why I ain't wanna tell her.

"I didn't tell her" Deena defended shrugging her shoulders.

"Then who did?" I asked turning back to Monique.

"Travie did" she shrugged. Deena stopped and looked at Monique unconvinced. "Ok fine" Monique broke down, "I over heard him telling the squad" she admitted staring at me waiting for my reaction.

"So ere'one knows?!" I asked annoyed at Travie and this conversation. "Well it's technically not everyone..Jordyn doesn't" Deena added. I ignored her comment and continued asking Monique questions.

"So what else was said during this squad meeting" I passive aggressively asked taking out my chopsticks.

"Nothing" Monique shrugged "except for Luke and Kevin's heated argument over Deena" she spat, eying Deena from the corner of her eyes.

"I'm sorry what?!" Deena spat nearly choking on her prawn crackers. "Bitch you heard me" Monique fired, which made me laugh. Damn this girl has no chill.
"What?!" Monique laughed after seeing how hard I was now laughing and Deena's face, "This bitch knows she always has man fighting over her but she wanna act brand new" Mons continued.

"Why were they fighting though?" I asked anxious for her to continue, I was feeling so much more better now that the attention wasn't on me and wanted to keep it that way.

"Luke felt some type of way that the only reason why Kevin was concerned was cause Deena was concerned bout something to do with a man in a black car?" Monique explained whilst trynna recall the details.

"So why was Luke mad bout that?" I asked confused, "shouldn't Kevin be concerned bout his wifey's safetly" I teased looking straight at Deena.

"See that's what I thought!" Monique shrieked nudging Deena who was just giving us unimpressed looks, but shit Monique completely missed my reference to Deena and Kevin though. "Then I remembered that Luke always be where ever Deena is...so he trynna get some" Monique sang wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mons stop it!!" Deena grasped throwing a spring roll at her. Mons right though he has a tendency of always checking up on Deena, and with niggas like him he ain't just trynna be friends. "So Deena the question is who you want Kevin or Luke?" She asked.

Deena looked to me then at Mons and back to me, as an awkward silence fell in the room. I guess she ain't know Kevin wifed Deena some days back.

"Hmm I think I'll stick with my nigga" Deena smartly said looking to me. "Hmm and who that?" I asked locking my eyes on her anticipating her response. "Ok what am I missing?!" Monique asked rolling her eyes.

"Kevin asked me out the other day" Deena said getting straight to the point. "Oh" Monique emotionlessly replied, "why ain't you just say that" she pointed out putting some stir fried rice in her mouth.

"I thought you would be upset" Deena replied curiously watching Monique, baffled by her attitude. Honestly I thought there would've been more of a reaction from her too. "Yh if I was still into him..." She simply shrugged.

"Ok then" I mouthed before setting down my box and checking to see if I got a text from Aaron. "If you wanna talk to him why not just come to the game tomorrow" Deena suggested, after noticing my phone in hand.

"Nah I ont think I can" I honestly dismissed. I couldn't bare seeing Aaron or Travie for that matter. "Well it's either that or stay home waiting for a call that's never gonna come" Deena harshly said.

"Are you two going??" I asked considering the possibility of going. "Yass a court filled with fine ass niggas? I'm down!" Monique shrieked over excited. "Bitch I swear Knox finna be there? That's why you wanna go" Deena laughed.

"Knox? Wait you and Knox?" I questioned eying both of them. "No there's no me and Knox" Monique defended dismissing the idea. "Oh really?" Deena replied staring in Monique's face.

"Would someone please tell me what the fuck is going on!!" I yelled my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Ah ah boo boo this bout you! You coming or nah?" Monique asked switching the convo onto me.

"Com'on lay just go! We'll be there with you" Deena encouraged giving me a hopeful look.

"Plus Jordyn will be back then and we can all chill" Monique added.

"Fine!" I muttered in agreement, but still on uncertain on whether it was a good idea or not.
--------
Sorry for the wait summer has been busy!

Comment, Follow & show some love!

You agree with Ace or nah?

What's Ziggy gonna do now??

Monique warming up to the girls?

Mons & Knox?

Is Jordyn, Ziggy's exception?

•Imperfect & Uncontrollable Vibes•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

821 97 46
"You are poison to me, but I love how it hurts." Sebastian and Skye met only months ago, but their story has only started. A couple months ago, Sebas...
2.6K 98 28
When you're a pretty teenage girl with a millionaire family in London, consider yourself a lucky. Talia is sent to the most elite private school in...
73.9K 1.5K 23
Brooke is a girl with insecurities like any other girl, only her insecurities are about other things than what people think. Their about how she acts...
930K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...