The Sullys stick together ⤝Av...

By ambeebee_bee

Liläk Sully is Neteyam's twin. She lives most of her days playing around with her siblings and training to pr... More

Introduction and some disclaimers
Prologue
Chapter 1: The train intervention
Chapter 2: This is not a squad
Chapter 3: Spider
Chapter 4: The Battlefield
Chapter 5: Jake's first daughter.
Chapter 6: All hell breaks loose
Chapter 7: Guilt, disappoinment and overhearing
Chapter 8: Will there be trees?
Chapter 9: Trying to think positively.
Chapter 10: If roles were reversed...
Chapter 11: The sea holds a piece of your home
Chapter 12: No one messes with Kiri
Chapter 13: It's either taking the blame or getting blamed.
Chapter 14: Payakan, a proposal and Kiri
Chapter 15: Our brothers and sisters have returned
Chapter 16: There is a wall between us.
Chapter 17: He's here.
Little disclaimer
Chapter 18: Pain, numbness and peace
Chapter 20: Greatest weakness and greatest fortress.
Chapter 21: Not broken, just different
Epilogue
Last A/N and acknowledgments
Useless comments I wanted to make
Inspo Songs (and more aknowledgements)

Chapter 19: Rage

17.6K 512 184
By ambeebee_bee

The only thing that could be heard for a long time were the cries of Neytiri and the waves hitting the rock. No one else dared to move or make a sound. Lo'ak was in shock, a few tears had fallen down but ultimately, he was in utter disbelief.

He kept thinking about Neteyam's urgency. His brother kept worrying about Liläk as he was taking him to the shore..."if something happens to me, what will happen to Liläk?" He kept repeating through coughs. Lo'ak understood that in such a time, he would be worried, but this was more than just that...Lo'ak kept thinking about it, repeating the words as if they held some secret message only he could decipher...until it hit him: he wasn't worried about Liläk being sad or upset, he was worried about Liläk dying if he did...panic took over his body, they had no way to know right away if she was alive.

-Dad...dad.-He called. Jake forced himself to look at him, he was tired, he was so, so tired of it all.-Liläk...-Lo'ak said, his voice half-cut as he chose his next words.-do you think she's...she couldn't have, could she?

Jake looked at Lo'ak. For a moment he was confused, but then, the heaviness in his eyes was replaced with understanding, he straightened up and he closed his eyes slowly.

-That's not possible, right?! She couldn't have just died, could she?-Spider exclaimed from beside him. To Lo'ak's surprise, he sounded worried. He spoke fast, urgently, trying to rule out the possibility entirely.

-We don't know how it works!-Lo'ak screamed exasperated.

-No. No. I won't allow it! She has to be alive...she has to!-Neytiri said, her voice breaking in every word. She had still not let go of Neteyam, she couldn't even imagine the idea that Liläk could have died with him, it was unthinkable, it was too much.

-Jake!-she called in desperation. He was the one who was a twin, he was supposed to know how it worked. But Neteyam and Liläk were not like the twins he knew, they weren't even like him and Tom...but it was his genes and he was alive, right? Right?!

-It can't be.-Spider said in disbelief.

-No, no. She's alive.-Jake's voice was low, strained, he didn't know for sure, but he wouldn't even voice the mere suggestion out there. The world couldn't be so cruel, it couldn't. He put a hand on his eldest son's head, caressing lightly as Neytiri's cries broke his heart to pieces each time.

-Please don't be...-Jake muttered quietly. But his voice trailed away as Quaritch made himself heard through Jake's ear piece.

-Can you hear me corporal?-A pause. Jake tensed up, a rage so intense forming inside him, he didn't even dare to breath.-Yeah, yeah I think you can. I got your daughters, all three of them.-Jake looked towards the burning ship in the distance, his heart dropped, but a small relief took over him as he realized that his words meant that Liläk was alive.-Same deal as before. You for them...I wouldn't take too much time, corporal, I have been containing myself to kill Liläk after out little encounter in the forest and she has already killed three of my men since I met her...if you're not here in a while I'll kill her, like I should've the moment I had her.

-She's alive. She's alive.-He growled, a blank expression on his face.

-How do you know?!-Neytiri said while she sobbed.

-Quaritch wouldn't be threatening me to kill her if she wasn't!-he screamed, angrier than any of them had ever heard him.- Where are your sisters?-he asked Lo'ak harshly.

Lo'ak's ears lowered.

-Your sisters, where are they?!-He repeated, the idea of his daughters alone in Quaritch's grasp making him blind with rage.

-I don't know.-Lo'ak muttered softly.

-Where are they?!-Jake repeated once more, approaching his face to his son.

-Tied up on the ship.-Tsireya answered him as she cried.-They are tied up on the ship.

Jake didn't lose any time.

Back in the ship, Liläk looked completely lost. Kiri and Tuk kept calling her name, but she seemed to be unresponsive, tears fell down her eyes quietly as she looked in front of her. Neteyam was dead. She couldn't believe it, she just couldn't. Her brother, her twin, who she was born with, who was always there whenever she woke up scared at night. Nothing seemed to bring her back, except for Quaritch's voice that could be heard vaguely, echoing on the walls of the ship.

Her lost gaze hardened as she heard the voice of the man who she blamed for her brother's death. She turned around looking for him, a rage so poignant in her chest it replaced everything else, the fear, the pain and the grief.

-Quaritch!-She screamed down the halls.

-Liläk.-Kiri said, a little bit scared that she was calling him.

However, she didn't have to call him again, his silhouette appeared in the distance. Her whole body started shaking with rage.

When he was close enough she went feral. She couldn't do anything but she needed to scream at him, she needed to let the corrosive rage inside of her go in any way she could.

-I'm going to kill you!-She told him, a loud cry that filled the room.-I swear I'm going to kill you!

Quaritch looked at her. The look in her eyes scared him, he had to admit it. Come on, you can't be scared of a kid. He thought to himself, but he knew it wasn't her, it was that she was so, so similar to Neytiri and the look in her eyes was the same one she had given her when she killed him all those years ago.

-Not if I kill you first.-He retorted, looking away from her to stop looking at her feral eyes and be able to concentrate in the matter at hand.

-Talk to me corporal.-He began talking into the communicator.-The ship's going down and your girls with it.-Kiri and Tuk looked behind in fear. Liläk looked at them, but she found no calming words to tell her sisters, there was only anger inside her, because someone had taken him away from her, someone had taken her brother away from her.

-Your boy didn't have to die, you brought that on yourself.

She wanted to scream in pure rage. She had never felt such a strong hate for anyone before in her life, ever.

-You thought you could keep your family safe but you can't. Only one way to keep them safe...-Liläk breathed heavily, little gasps of fury escaping her lips every once in a while.-so let's get this over with before you lose another kid.

It impressed her that her father could remain quiet after all his words.

-I know you wouldn't like to lose the set of twins in one night.-Quaritch continued, taunting Jake. Liläk closed her eyes as she left out a titter of pure hatred and disbelief. How could someone be so insensitive.

Before Quaritch could continue speaking, a loud explosion jolted the ship as Kiri, Tuk and Liläk were thrown to the side. A faint feeling of faith filled her heart, appeasing the rage ever so lightly.

They could not see what was going on, but they could hear a commotion. Gun shots and some screaming were heard. Quaritch and his crew were on edge, they didn't want to leave them alone because last time that had happened they had gotten free. Neteyam got us free. She felt her heart breaking all over again at the thought, but luckily, she didn't have much time to think about it as Quaritch's urgent voice took her out of her thoughts.

-You copy?-He said as he looked up. He was talking to his crew, judging by what he did next, they were unresponsive.-Raigar you there?-He was holding his gun up, anxiously.

Liläk looked at Tuk and Kiri, they were scared, now that the anger had soothed, she could calm them down.

-It's dad, it has to be.

-They are too many up there.-Kiri told her. Liläk breathed heavily.

-He'll get them...he can.-She muttered, but it was more of a way of reassuring herself.

Suddenly, Quaritch began shooting to the distance. The loud shotguns echoed through the ship as Liläk turned around to try and see what was going on, but she couldn't see anyone. Quaritch's gun stopped firing as he dropped it to the side furiously unsheathing his knife. He had ran out of bullets. Finally things were turning around for them.

Just as the thought formed in her head, the woman that had been accompanying Quaritch ever since they tied them up, fell down, an arrow sticking up from her side.

-It's mom!-Tuk beamed.

A smile of satisfaction lit Liläk's face up. Quaritch looked at the arrow in panic.

-That's right.-Kiri said.-They're coming for you!-she told Quaritch decidedly. Tuk then hissed at him. Liläk was impressed at her sisters' newfound confidence, but all of their anger made her own rage increase.

-The moment I get my hands on a bow and arrow it's over for you, I swear.-She told him, Quaritch was looking all around him, thinking his next move. He looked at the arrow once more, fear on his eyes, and Liläk knew exactly what he was thinking.

-You'll die the exact same way you already did, if not by my father or my mother's hands, by mine, I'll take one of those arrows I know you fear and I'll shoot it, right through your chest so that you have time to process the fact that, even though they brought you back to life, you'll leave this earth knowing exactly how it felt to die the same way again.-Each word was filled with hate, she was almost spitting them as she spoke, but they were empty promises, they were still tied up, they were still powerless against him. However void her words were, they seemed to have an impact on Quaritch, whose images of his own death flooded him ever since he had seen the video. Maybe those words shouldn't have affected him that much, maybe Liläk shouldn't infuriate him as much, but every time she saw her all he could see were Neytiri's feral eyes as she killed his human body and it didn't help that she was actually on the ship now, haunting him down.

-But I won't give you the chance.-Quaritch said as he approached Liläk and he untied her from the rail. But she was furious with him, so when he took her restraints off, she hit him with her elbow and as quickly as she could, she threw herself to the ground and went to reach for her knife or the arrow, whichever she could get to quicker.

She got the knife and she turned around, looking at Quaritch with her eyes full of rage. She didn't think twice about charging towards him with the knife raised up. Quaritch didn't have time to raise his own knife as Liläk ducked down and made a deep cut near his ankle. He grunted in pain as Liläk raised her knife up and made another cut, this time in Quaritch's wrist, making him drop his knife.

He was disoriented but reacted quickly as the girl raised her knife, ready to stab his neck. He managed to grab her wrist and pressed it strongly making her lose her grip on the knife, with his other hand he took it and threw it away.

Liläk bit Quaritch's arm strongly which made him let her go. She turned around to see were her knife had fell, but as she began to run to go get it again, Quaritch grabbed her leg making her fall down. She could still reach the knife from her position on the floor, so she reached her arm out, grazing the knife with her fingers lightly.

As she reached her hand out and stretched her arm even more, her stomach jolted as a knife embedded on the floor going straight through her hand. She screamed in pain the moment she realized what had happened and the pain flood her overwhelmingly. Quaritch walked menacingly towards her hand, which she hadn't moved one inch, too scared of the pain it would bring her if she did, whimpers escaped her mouth because of the effort of trying not to move the hand.

She breathed heavily as she shakily moved her other hand and tried to get the knife out, but the littlest pressure on the knife's handle, threw waves of pain up her arm. Quaritch crouched in front of her and got the knife out quickly, ignoring Liläk's tries to do it herself. Her screams filled the boat once more as he did, immediately bringing her hurt hand towards her chest as she covered it with her other hand and she gasped, trying to breath through the pain.

-I did warn you.-Quaritch said as he grabbed her and dragged her away from her sisters who were still screaming her name. She left out a sob as Quaritch put a knife to her neck, the pain of her hand irradiating from her hand up to her arm.

She heard faintly how her dad reached Kiri and Tuk.

-Dad! Dad!-Tuk said relieved. Her dad cut off the restraints quickly.

-Where's your sister?-He asked them both.

-That way. That way.-Tuk replied, out of breath.

-Dad he's got her.-Kiri said anxiously.-she's hurt, she...

But before Kiri could explain, Quaritch walked behind the wall, Liläk in his arms with a knife on her neck. Jake grunted angrily, tensing up as he held his hand out for his two other girls to stay behind.

-Running out of time here corporal.-Quaritch warned.-You already lost one kid today you really want to lose another?-Jake couldn't take it, not when he was holding his girl, his daughter, like that. He took one step forward, holding the knife and the axe out. Quaritch reacted quickly, putting the knife closer to Liläk's throat to which she yelped almost instinctively.

-Liläk!-Kiri called, she hadn't stopped worrying about her sister ever since she started coughing in pain, feeling Neteyam's pain.

-You wanna test me?...she already did and it didn't end good for her.-He continued, looking down at her hand that was held limply on her side, full of blood. Jake left out a shaky breath.

-Dad kill him! Just kill him!-Screamed Liläk, the only thing she wanted was for this all to be over with Quaritch dead, she didn't care what that might mean for her. Quaritch cut her neck a bit, reopening the wound she already had from earlier that day, when he had also put the knife on her throat.

-Weapons down.-Quaritch told her father, who lowered his ears and complied slowly.-Down!

-Liläk!-Tuk screamed, Kiri was hugging her tightly, holding her back.

-Kick them away. Away!-He screamed again. Jake complied, it broke Liläk's heart to see him obeying that man, she wanted him to fight.

-Dad kill him!-She screamed once more. Quaritch ignored her and took some cuffs he threw on the floor.

-Cuff yourself.-he commanded her father once more. Jake looked at the cuffs and doubted. When he didn't do what he told him right away he increased the pressure on her neck.

-I did promise a slow death, but you're watching, so at least I get half of the deal.

At his words, her father got down and picked the cuffs up, but Liläk could never expect who came out from behind them.

-No, no, don't hurt her. Okay? Don't.

Spider was running and held his arms up.

-Stand there!-Quaritch commanded the boy, every word he uttered more strained than the last one.

-Spider!-Kiri called him, she hadn't seen him ever since he was taken.

-Don't move. Not a step.-Quaritch looked feral, he was both looking at Jake and at Spider as if in any second both of them were going to attack. When he realized that Jake hadn't cuffed himself he grunted.

Jake held his arm out to stop Kiri from going to Spider, he didn't know if she was planning on doing so, but he preferred to take every precaution necessary. He was still thinking his next move, if he was cuffed he had no way of getting Liläk away from Quaritch safely.

At his disobedience of the cuffs, Quaritch then grabbed Liläk's hurt hand and he pressed it strongly, Liläk left a shriek of pain as he did, blood oozing from the hole in her hand.

-Okay, alright, stop!-Jake screamed desperately, his whole body tensing up at his daughter's pained shouts.-Stop.-he panted once more. He reluctantly took the handcuffs he had given him and put them in one of his wrist.

-Cuffs on, now!

Liläk breathed shakily, at Quaritch's pressure on her hand, her view had been filled with black dots for a second.

-You son of a bitch!-Jake muttered as his voice broke a bit, wishing more than anything to take her daughters safely away from there.

-You don't have to do this!-Spider tried once again. Liläk simply looked at the ceiling letting herself go to whatever destiny life wanted to give her.-Please, don't hurt her.

She heard a hiss from beside her, she didn't have to look to know it was her mom.

Quaritch gasped a bit as he tugged Liläk, moving so that he could face both Jake and Neytiri. When he realized the only thing protecting him was having Liläk, he grabbed her even more strongly. Liläk could see, out of the corner of her eye, that her mom had Spider held with a knife on his neck, similar to how Quaritch had her.

-Release. Or I cut.-Her mom said in a menacing whisper.

Kiri's heart dropped as she saw the impossible situation developing in front of her eyes. She wanted Quaritch to let Liläk go, but she absolutely could not fathom with the possibility of her mom hurting Spider to get it.

Liläk and Spider shared a look. Neither of them could know what was going on in the other's head.

-You think I care about some kid?-Quaritch asked smugly.-He's not mine. We're not even the same species.

-Mom, please.-Kiri tried, there had to be another way to get Liläk away from Quaritch.

-Please, don't, don't hurt her.-Spider said once more.

Liläk looked at him in shock, was he really still begging to Quaritch not to hurt her even if his life was on the line? She merely looked up into the ceiling, too tired to fight anymore, too tired to say anything. If Spider died because of her, Kiri would hate her.

-Mom don't kill him!-Kiri begged as she held on to Tuk.-Please.-She began to pray in her thoughts. Please don't let any of them die, please don't make me choose, please let them live. But Neytiri was decided, she was not going to let her daughter die, no way.

-A son for a son.-She hissed. When Quaritch didn't respond anything she ran the knife through Spider's chest, causing him to let out a cry of pain. Kiri closed her eyes, what if she lost them both? Or worse, she lost one because of the other?

Quaritch and Neytiri merely glared at each other.

All Liläk could hear where Spider's occasional "please don't hurt her" towards Quaritch. At Quaritch's silence and Spider's urgency she tensed up. She would die. What was the last thing she had told everyone? What were her last words to Lo'ak? What about Kiri? A pain shot up her heart, she hadn't spoken to her mother ever since their last fight when she had told her she never listened to her. She probably thought Liläk hated her.

She closed her eyes. There is peace in the end. Pain, numbness and peace. There is peace, nothing but peace. She heard her mother let out a war scream as Kiri let out a gasp.

As the anxiety of the wait for Quaritch's next move made her numb, he took the knife from her neck.

-No!-Quaritch yelled to Neytiri. They shared a hate filled look as Quaritch sighed annoyed and he pushed Liläk away from him.

She fell to the ground dazed, where her and Spider shared a look, both a bit shocked that each of their captors had let them go.

-Liläk.-Her mom called her as she held her arm out. She got up and quickly went to her, feeling like a child who wishes her mother's comfort, but she wasn't lying if she said all she wished for right now was a hug from any of her parents.

Her mom grabbed her arm softly as she let Spider go beside her. Kiri and Tuk ran towards them.

-Spider! Liläk!-Kiri yelled relieved. Liläk was looking at her father, still stunned, as he made his way towards the group and held his knife, standing in front of her protectively. Kiri hugged her lightly but Liläk didn't feel a thing, the numbness of before still not leaving her entirely. Kiri then went towards Spider and took his shoulder.

-Spider get them out of here!-Jake commanded, still looking at Quaritch, daring him to make a move. Both their parents looked at the man in anger. Slowly, Jake took out a piece of fabric and passed it to his daughter.

-Put it around your hand tightly.-He told her without breaking the look.

Liläk complied feeling as if she was floating in the air.

-Come on.-Spider told Kiri as he pushed her urgently towards the sea.

-I owe you a death.-Quaritch said as he pointed Liläk. Neytiri hissed at him angrily as she still held her daughter's arm, starting to push her away.

-Mom.-Tuk begged.-Come on, please!

Neytiri held Tuk with one hand and Liläk with the other. She began moving, taking her daughters away but hissed at Quaritch once more.

-You're not leaving, are you Jake?-Quaritch taunted, his knife still raised in his hand.-Knowing I'm out there?-He continued. Liläk started to feel the world around her once more as the water hit her skin.-Knowing I'll never stop? I'm coming for you and when I do I'll kill your whole family.

Liläk looked back, already submerged.

-Dad!-Kiri called him anguished.

-Then let's get it done.-Jake said as he pushed himself forward against Quaritch.

-Dad!-Liläk called.

-Jake!-Her mother screamed, still close to Liläk.

A fire lit up in front of them in the water, forcing them to go back to the ship.

-We have to go back!-Spider urged them. Liläk swam as fast as her hand allowed her.

She got up last, her mother kept giving her looks, almost to convince herself she was alive and with them. She held Tuk tightly by the hand.

Liläk saw Tuk fall into a hole in the floor, holding tightly to her mom as she screamed her name. Tuk let go of Neytiri's grasp as Liläk managed to get ahold of her, but because of the abruptness she used her hurt hand which made her hold on merely seconds, before Tuk was falling once more.

-No!-Their mom screeched as she jumped into the hole, following Tuk.

-Mom!-Liläk and Kiri screamed simultaneously as they gave each other looks of worry. Liläk crouched down in front of the floor, she was about to jump as she hesitated, looking back at her sister, she couldn't leave her alone.

-Go! I'll stay with her!-Spider told her.-Liläk go!-He urged her.

And so she jumped into the hole, keeping second thoughts at bay. She wasn't going to let her mother go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I was shaking so much while writing these chapters...

So here it is! I decided to split some of the chapter so instead of just having two to go, we have three! Sorry about it taking so long, if I'm honest with you, these two chapters were the part of the story I was the most nervous about writing, even if I always had an idea of how I wanted them to come out.

On other matter if you really want to get into the rage for it, I wrote this part listening to Bad Parents from the soundtrack of the movie...what an incredible scene.

Sending love!

-Ambee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.9K 1.6K 21
Lei'lani Sully is the twin sister of Lo'ak Sully. She is barely a minute young than him, yet he still takes great pride in gloating over that fact. ...
62.9K 1K 30
The sullys have gone through hardship with the sky people. The sky people have returned and destroyed their home but now they have to leave there hom...
191K 5K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...
6.3K 247 8
Avatar :- A 15 year old forgetful y/n tokito learning the life of Pandora...unknown that she is not such a normal girl...she is far from normal Avat...