Settled Heart {Gaz X Reader}

By snobbybastard

─┈‌┈ִ┈─┈︪︩┈ׂ┈─┈‌┈┈ִ─┈‌┈ִ┈─┈︪︩┈ׂ┈─┈‌┈┈ִ┈─┈‌┈ִ She finds his eyes once more, completely oblivious to the pathet... More

A/N
°' Chapter 1 '°
°' Chapter 2 '°
°' Chapter 3 '°
°' Chapter 4 '°
°' Chapter 5 '°
[NSFW?] °' Chapter 6 '°
°' Chapter 7 '°
°' Chapter 8 '°
°' Chapter 9 '°
°' Chapter 11'°
°' Chapter 12 '°
°' Chapter 13 '°
°' Chapter 14 '°
°' Chapter 15 '°

°' Chapter 10 '°

1.8K 65 78
By snobbybastard

A Covert Operation.
Get Inside.
Get The Target.
Get Out.

Easy as that.

You, Johnny and Gaz will be the ones to go in there and make your way towards the mark before capturing him with as little disturbance as possible while Price and Ghost will make sure it doesn't go South.

You frowned as you stepped out of the cabins bathroom, you felt different. Maybe it was the sky-high heels you wore, or the sliver of a scarlet dress provided for you. The colour was matching your lipstick. It was made of a fine material similar to satin, but not quite. The dress fell just above your knees, but it made sure to give space for your thigh carry. Unfortunately you can't go in there armed to the teeth but atleast you'll be able to bring a simple handgun and a knife, both concealed in places where nobody would check to look.. unless they're creeps of course. The dress was accompanied with a tight bodice, that would practically shove your tits to your chin-. However the fabric hugged your body perfectly. Almost too perfect. You had done your makeup, not too much but not too little, not that it would matter, it'd be covered by a mask anyway, but if you were going to get all dolled up why not go all out.

It was strange, not wearing your usual gear.
Not being covered in blood, dirt and grime. Nevermind that your rarely out of tactical dress, and if you are, it usually defaults to a hoodie or something that doesn't exactly entice the imagination. But now you are wearing a pretty, expensive dress to fit in. Like the ones you'd buy whenever you were on leave- the ones which you buy as a treat and wear once, maybe twice a year- on special occasions. Your lashes curled and fluttering, a classic bright red lipstick , a vibrant contrast to your more casual eyeshadow. Your hair was all done up to the best of your ability and fell without flaw over your shoulders. You wouldn't deny you did look astonishing.

You walked out, still fumbling to put on the last few pieces of jewelry. Price was helping Johnny with his bowtie while Ghost and Gaz were having light conversation. Soap was wearing a black velvet tux with a shawl lapel. His mohawk was gelled up, (more than usual) and if you looked close enough you could see he trimmed his stubble. Gaz was in a dark navy suite, white shirt, and a shiny champagne coloured bowtie, he had a fancy look to him and, dare you say it, saying an adult, a soldier, a sergeant at that, was undeniably cute. Soap was fixing himself up in the mirror, he cringed as he tried his best to straighten his bowtie. "Price, It's still crooked," He groaned, looking back at the unamused Captain. "Get over it Soap, they wont care if your bowtie is straight or not-."

The weight of embarrassment tugs at his shoulders and it breaks a heavy sigh out of his lips."They're fuckin' criminals, They'll know!" He breathed out before moving his hand to his mowhawk, fixing any strays.
You smooth your gown and fiddle with your hair before you drift over to them.
"Yeah asshole, you are gonna blow our cover with your wonky ass bowtie." You say in a teasing tone as you rotate the bracelet which rests comfortably on your wrist.

Price gives a hearty chuckle as pretty much all eyes went to you, the only person out of the taskforce who saw you all dressed up like you are currently, before this atleast, was Johnny, so right now, you were the centre of attention. They all knew how pretty you were, even with all the tactical gear and dirt, they knew what to expect, but seeing you walk out of the cabins bathroom, all of it was on display. Soap mumbled something under his breath, finishing with his complaining about his 'touch-ups' and turned around. His eyes fall and look over your hair, to your accessories and to the dress you were wearing until they find yours. "Not bad bonnie," his laughter filled your ears as you swatted at his chest with a bashful look on your face. The corner of his lips quirk into a small smile, one that wasn't teasing you like it usually does."-You look great."

You lift your brows in slight suprise and smirk."Not too bad yourself," Eyes scanning over his clothing, before your eyes examined the room. Price gave a subtle thumbs up, and by the way he's looking at you his blue gaze had gone even softer than before. Gaz and Ghosts conversation had died down, both staring your way. Ghosts dark eyes, obsidian orbs, regarding you with something more passive, giving you a small nod of approval at your effort. Kyle, with his kind, lenient face, doting eyes that are focused directly on you. His eyes definitely lit up, seeing you look so beautiful, so elegant. Your eyes meet and he doesn't look away, and neither do you. Another second passes before you quirk a brow, he gives you a quiet, amused huff, his eyes bounced around the room before settling just past you, he is the first one to speak."..I.. bloody fucking christ.." he husks, taking a moment as his eyes rake back over your figure. "-you're so beautiful.." He stutters out, looking back at your face. He would never say it outside this context, he'd get too flustered and overthink, that maybe it was too random, or it was a bit strange but seeing as everyone else had expressed something towards you, he thought why cant he? It's the perfect moment to put it out there; "Y/N you look gorgeous." You already feel the wide smile rounding your cheeks and your face flushes a pretty pink. Shifting your weight from one platform heel to the other you hear a hum of agreement beside you.

"Well, lady of the hour, I think we have a party to go to."

The mansion where the ball was being held was huge, decorated beautifully with expensive decor and sculptures. A line of cars were parked infront while a few guards patrolled the exterior. You were a little early, parking a few blocks away where You, Johnny and Kyle will be getting out, you'd have to walk over there to avoid suspicion on why you just got out of a military vehicle. Price handed you three masks, all different apart from an identical feather. After explaining everything to the group, Price sent Ghost up on a nearby rooftop before ushering the three of you out and giving a 'good luck'. It was fairly easy to get in, once a big group of people were heading to the entrance you just tailed after them, hiding in the crowd.

The light shining down from the chandelier
licked your shoulders. You danced your way around, the night stretched thin as you continued to dance around the target. You avoided his gaze, smiling playfully at him. He's been watching you, grinding his teeth as he continued to agree with contracts and promises that he'll be sure to break one it came to his side of the deal. The fabric of his mask hid the entertained grin spread across his face, dark eyes following your figure that shamelessly drifted around him, well used to the predatory stares. You began to get tired and settled at the bar. Surprisingly a lot of people were wearing no mask, knowingly proud to be seen making deals with such people. Others were ashamed, hiding behind it, to protect who they are, thinking it makes doing this any better.

You climb onto the stool beside the bar, your elbows moving to rest on the countertop infront of you, supporting you. You propped your feet up on the bar below your stool while running your finger along the woodgrain of the countertop. You idly took off your mask. Your sight going to every person in the room, which was a lot.

You found Soap chatting up people who were friends with the mark, though they tried their best to dismiss him. Probably the bowtie.

Your eyes travelled to the window, searching for where Ghost was situated. There, at the height of a building, there's a glimmer of light. Ghost and his rifle, propped up against a crate with his dogtags dangling in the moons natural light just enough to shine to catch your eye. You also looked over other people, you saw well known cartel members, druglords, even average citizens making trades.

There was a guy who also sitting at the other end of the bar who caught your attention. He had a bright mask in his hand which he pressed down onto the bar, taking a long sip from his glass, he had blonde, greasy hair that hung above his eyebrows and a scruffy unkept beard. He was fit and seemed to be around 6'. What gave you the most intensifying shiver down your body was that piercing gaze he shot at you right when he caught you staring from afar, nudging at every assumption who you are. It was intimidating, yet bewildering to you how he knew you were watching him.
You didn't say anything as you kept scrutinizing the man, feeling your stomach churn to disgust at the way he kept checking you out. Your skimpy party dress, your features, and the doe look in your eyes evoking such curiosity.

You beamed, batting your eyes to him before looking away. Thinking that was the end of it you flagged down the bartender, ordering a shot. Unfortunately it wasn't. He got up with a cocky grin and sat on a stool beside you. He fidgets with one of his rings and clears his throat. Once. Twice. You turn to him, disguising your look of annoyance with something more sweet. He grips the rim of the bar with ring-clad fingers until his knuckles turn a pasty white. "Can I help you?" You ask while recieving your drink from the bartender, breathing a soft thanks. "Aren't you just a fine thing," Your 'smiling' act didn't leave your face, but it did falter a bit. He stared into your eyes, something unwelcoming, stiff. Your gaze never wavered, you held strong. "I try," You breath out a somewhat laugh, brooding over your glass before raising it to your lips.

Conscience.
A person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide.
An inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.
It's your sense of right and wrong.
A compass of sorts.
And this man was everything you want to steer clear of.
For the sake of the mission, you thought.

"You with anyone here?" He asks, trailing over the bartender before he waves him back over. You hesitated, knowing not to point out you are in any relation to Soap or Gaz, fearing it'll hold a threat to the mission, them finding out who you are is the last thing you need. But then again, this man could be a literal axe murderer. That's what his eyes scream. The shot of tequila coats your tongue, and the lump in your throat sticks uncomfortably as your confidence begins to waver. "Wanted to meet new faces," You say, you locked eyes with the target across the room, heart skipping a beat, not in a good way, as he turned his head back. He looked to the man he was talking to, slowly dragging his eyes back and looking at you expectantly. He took another slow, sloppy sip from his glass as you look back at the man beside you, losing sight of him. "You new to the trade?" Nodding sheepishly, you were comfortably buzzed, a warmth spreading throughout your system as you watched the man cautiously.

"Not a tough buisness-, it's easy money." He chuckles to himself and orders another few drinks. "I could show you my tricks," He moves his hand over yours and takes it in his and runs his thumb over your knuckles before planting a kiss on it, his eyes were glued to yours. The offer itself was enough for you to inwardly grimace, nevermind the gesture. You opened your mouth to speak, before you were able to a
"Who's this darlin'?" You flinch as a heavy arm slinks around your shoulder, you look up at who it was. Kyle spares you a glance, his gaze flickering away to the man who quickly dropped your hand pulled his arm back. Gaz is the picture of smugness as he smirks down at you. You smiled sweetly up at him, silently thanking him for stepping in. The man scowls at both of you, ignoring Kyles question about introducing himself, "-You are?" The soft glow of the lighting above cast harsh shadows on his face, they trickle over his face and suddenly he looks less like a man and more like a vicious, affronted phantom ravening for vengeance. This seems to egg Gaz on, wanting to wind the man up more Kyle gently leans over to you and plants a kiss your forhead. A small peck, that was enough for you to blush at his touch. "Friend of hers." He huffed, tone laced with mirth, a smirk threatening to upturn his lips. He had a proud look on his face, his normal loving eyes replaced with something chilling, daring the man to say another word, his arm draws back down to the small of your back, inching you closer to his side.

And just like that there is a stillness, though it is an illusion; it can't exist, not when the unmistakable buzz of fear and apprehension crackles in the air.

The man laughs slyly. Cocky bastard. "Well, we were just talking-"

"Didn't look like it." Kyle interrupts sharply, his suave voice only added to the already thick tension, threatening to snap.

"We were only joking," He put his hands up in surrender and got up from the stool, he shoved Gaz back and got in his face, which was his first mistake, his second was laughing.

And just like that.
His demeanour instantly switched, any tranquility and nonchalance had faded.

"Do that again and see what happens" He regards the man with a coldness so foreign, so unfamiliar you almost recoil under the scrutiny. The two are at eachothers neck, you notice how close they are to choking the other out. The second plays out like an hour before he speaks again. "Back off, mate." It's through gritted teeth and his voice strained, he was obviously holding back. You swear you saw the mans eye twitch before he wore a shit-eating grin and he backed away, going to bother some other guest with his unbearable company.

Kyles shoulders deflated as he sighed. He rubbed his hand up your back reassuringly before he leaned in beside your ear. "Soaps' got an idea about the target," With a gentle voice and small smile. He shifted, beginning to make his way past you, he stopped looking back, he pulled his attention to you, eyes softening at the sight. "C'mon love,"

'Love'

It would drip from his tongue, force a shudder down your spine.
It came so naturally off his tongue, like a muscle memory, like he meant it.

A/N
so sorry to keep you all waiting!☹️

been in a shtty mood lately while trying to fix my sleep schedule and keep upwith grades

i had complete writers block for the past few days but its slowly but surely going away so uploads might get back on track! :)

this will be broken up into 2 very cliché chapters!

-wordcount 2657

(some of u guys are finding my other account 😰)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 130 26
This story will be somewhat slow paced, so if you're interested in reading a long story, come and read ! 🤍 14+?? Cursing Mentions of SA and suicide...
36.5K 1.3K 42
18+ | Simon 'Ghost' Riley's death has caused too much emotional turmoil for Kelsey Holland, an ex-Shadow. A traitor now to the Company, hiding in Rus...
12.2K 250 23
"Why?" I whisper when my curiosity gets the best of me and I yearn for the thoughts he hides away "Because I want to love you." Ghost forces the word...
21.2K 484 45
young medic meets ghost outlined chapters, story isn't completed. and I'm still adding chapters in-between lol