The Fairy and the Dragon

By EmmyNealStock7

Fairy Tail Gajeel Redfox x Reader There will be modern twists on the series. I even decided to make both boys... More

Announcements
Introductions
Chapter 1: The Aftermath of Edolas
Chapter 2: Gajeel gets hurt
Chapter 3: Healing Gajeel
Chapter 4: Gajeel's Awake
Christmas Special
Chapter 5: Karaoke at Fairy Tail
Chapter 7: The Sudden Duet

Chapter 6: The Big Sleepover

39 1 0
By EmmyNealStock7

Gajeel's POV
Once Fairy Girl and her friends left the guild hall, I noticed Salamander, Happy, Gray, Elfman, Jet, and Pantherlily coming up to me.

"Hey, metal brain!" Salamander called out to me.

"What do you want, Salamander?" I grumbled.

"Well, we were wondering if you wanted to come with us to spy on the girls at Y/n's place," Salamancer replied.

"Just so you know, Gajeel, I'm against this idea that Natsu has," Lily countered.

"Come on, Lily!" Salamander exclaimed. Then he turned to look at me. "I mean, we can all tell that you enjoy spending time with Y/n when she's at the guild hall."

"Natsu's right, man," Gray stated. "You're always staring at her when she's singing or just flying around the guild hall. Not to mention that I noticed that you were staring at her when she was in her Believix form."

"It even looks like you admire something about her," Elfman said.

"I mean, Natsu, Gray, and Elfman are right," Happy added.

"I can see that you really care about her," Jet continued. "It makes me happy to see that you really care about her. I just don't want to see her get hurt again."

"Sure," I grumbled, reluctantly giving into Salamander's stupid idea. Then I turned towards Jet. "But what do you mean by 'don't want to see her get hurt again'? What happened?"

"Well, when Y/n turned 17, her and Droy started dating," Jet explained. "But about two weeks before the Phantoms v.s Fairies war, Droy broke up with her to start chasing after Levy. He broke her heart and hurt her. It hurt me to see her break down after he broke up with her. I'm still mad about it."

"What do you mean that she 'broke down after he broke up with her'?" I questioned. "What did he do to her?"

"Well, like I said, he broke up with her," Jet responded. "But he did it in the worst way. Droy had me tell her that he didn't want to be with her anymore. And after I told Y/n what he had said, she broke down and just started crying."

"I'll admit, that was not very manly of Droy," Elfman stated. "I mean, having a friend tell your significant other that you didn't want to be together with them anymore is just down right disrespectful."

"That's it," I grumbled. "We're going to Fairy Girl's house. We need to make sure that she's not suffering."

"Alright!" Salamander exclaimed. "Let's go!"

"But we might want to wait until the girls are at her house before we leave," Jet suggested. "Otherwise we'll probably get scolded by Y/n for following her and the girls."

"Right," we all replied.

And so, we all wait for the girls to get to Fairy Girl's house to spy on her and the girls.

"Happy, Lily," I stated. "When we feel like we don't hear the girls' voices anymore, you two fly down to Fairy Girl's house and make sure that her and the girls at her house. Once you two know that they're not leaving, Lily will fly back here and let us know about what's going on. Once we know that we're in the clear, the rest of us will spy on them."

"Right," Lily and Happy replied.

Y/n's POV
Once we left the guild hall, we started to talk about different things on the way to my house.

"So, anyone know when the S-Class trials are?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, Y/n," Bisca replied. "All I know is that you should be able to actually participate in them this year."

"That's right," Levy said. Then she turned towards Erza. "Didn't you say that she became an S-Class wizard at a young age but that Master told her that she could take part in the trials when she felt ready?"

"That's right, Levy," Erza replied. "And seeing as how she's able to stand up against Laxus proves that she is ready to take part in the trials."

"I-I don't know about that, Erza," I countered, looking down at my scars on my arms. "Laxus got mad at me for becoming an S-Class wizard at a young age and challenged me to a fight in South Gate Park. All I did was let him get his anger out."

"That doesn't matter, Y/n," Mira rebutted. "The fact that you managed to stand up after Laxus kept attacking you is proof that you're stronger than you realize."

"Mira's right, n/n," Lisanna said, agreeing with Mira. "I remember when you would always try to fight Natsu after he hurt Stella until Gramps came to stop you from hurting Natsu."

"That proves that you're stronger than anything, partner," Bisca stated.

"And as long as you have a good partner for the trials, you'll rightfully earn that S-Class title," Cana added.

"I have an idea," Juvia cheered. Then she turned towards me with an excited look on her face. "Why don't we do karaoke together when we get to your house?"

"That's a great idea, Juvia!" I exclaimed. "I think I still have the karaoke machine set up. Maybe we can set it up in the living room! Then after karaoke, we can have a Power Rangers marathon!"

"Yeah!" the girls cheered.

"And I know the perfect song to sing for karaoke!" Lucy cheered, turning to look at me. "One of us could sing the song Stand by Rascal Flatts."

"Great idea, Lucy!" Lisanna exclaimed. "That'll show Y/n that she's more than capable of taking on the S-Class trials!"

"Well, as long as I have some of my friends with me during the trials, I'll be fine," I said. Then I stopped in my tracks and turned towards the girls. "I just don't think I would be who I am today without you girls. I'm thankful to have you guys as my best friends."

"Aww!" the girls cooed. "We love you, Y/n!"

"I love you girls, too," I replied. "Now, let's keep going."

"Right," the girls exclaimed.

And so, we kept on walking and chatting to each other until we got to my house. Once we walked inside, Bisca helped me set up the karaoke machine in the living room so we could have our karaoke fun night. Then after we've had our fill of karaoke, Levy and I would set up our Power Rangers marathon.

Gajeel's POV
After waiting for a good while, Lily flew back to the guild hall.

"The girls are just setting up a karaoke machine in the living room right now," Lily reported. "I think the girls are going to have a karaoke night. And I also saw a guitar in her living room."

"Well, then we should go to her house," Salamander stated. "I wanna hear her singing! I mean, she only ever sings when she's here, right?"

"I'm not sure, Natsu," Jet countered. "I've heard her singing when she was at home. I even heard her playing her guitar once when Levy, Droy, and I went to go get her for a job one time. Master must've gotten her the guitar for her birthday one year. And I have a feeling that she's probably going to be playing her guitar for the girls due to Bisca peer pressuring her. And before any of you ask how I know this, it's because we used to be on the same team before Droy hurt her."

"Right," we all replied.

"Anyways, let's get going," I ordered. "I want to make sure she's enjoying herself. The only times I ever see Fairy Girl enjoy herself are when she's here at the guild hall or hanging out with me for some odd reason."

"Right," the boys responded in unison.

And so, we made our way to Fairy Girl's house to spy on her and the girls.

"I just hope that she's not beating herself up over that asshole for breaking up with her," I thought to myself. "I mean, she's amazing, kind, caring, and a great person to be around. That asshole doesn't deserve to be around her anyways."

Y/n's POV
Once we got to my house, we all put our pajamas on.

(Here's what Juvia's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Erza's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Levy's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what your pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Bisca's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Lisanna's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Wendy's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Lucy's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Mira's pjs look like ⤴️)

(Here's what Cana's pjs look like ⤴️)

Then after Bisca and I set up the karaoke machine in the living room, we were about to start singing until Mira came up with a suggestion to add onto the idea that we came up with on our way to my house.

"I think we should have all of us sing Stand by Rascal Flatts," Mira suggested. "I mean, we each know Y/n the best. And it'll be nice to have us all singing together. Since there's 12 of us, we all sing the chorus together, Y/n could sing the break of the song, then the rest of us can sing the main verses together."

"Yeah!" we all cheered.

Then I went up to the karaoke machine and pulled up Stand by Rascal Flatts. Once I hit play, the girls started to sing the first verse.

The girls (minus Y/n)
You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless, like you've lost your fight
But you'll be all right, you'll be all right

Everyone
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend till you break
'Cause it's all you can take
On your knees, you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand

Then the girls started to sing the next verse.

The girls (minus Y/n)
Life's like a novel with the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon with only one way down
Take what you're given before it's gone
And start holdin' on, keep holdin' on

Everyone
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend till you break
'Cause it's all you can take
On your knees, you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand

Y/n
Every time I get up
And get back in the race
One more piece of me
Starts to fall into place

Everyone
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend till you break
'Cause it's all you can take
On your knees, you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand

Yeah, then you stand, yeah
Yeah, baby
Woo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo
Then you stand, yeah, yeah

Once we were done singing the song, the girls turned towards me.

"Now it's your turn, Y/n," Erza stated.

"Right," I replied, determined to have fun with my best friends. "But what song should I sing now? I have no idea what song to sing."

"How about we all look at different songs that can empower women," Lisanna suggested.

"Right," everyone replied in unison. Then we each took out our phones and started looking up different songs that can empower women, like Lisanna suggested. After a good few minutes of each of us looking at different songs, Lisanna suggested something.

"What about That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony?" Lisanna suggested.

"I think that would be something more meaningful for Erza to sing," Lucy giggled.

"I would have to agree with Lucy on this one," Erza replied. "I do like to listen to that song once in a while when relaxing."

"Well, what about Who Says by Selena Gomez & The Scene?" Mira suggested.

"Well, wouldn't that fit Wendy and Carla more than anything?" Levy questioned. "And I don't think that would really work for Y/n because she doesn't really care what people say or think about her."

"Okay, then how about Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld?" Lucy suggests.

"I think that song would fit Cana, Mira, and Lisanna more than Y/n," Juvia stated.

"Then how about The Champion by Carrie Underwood?" Bisca questioned.

"Isn't that more of a song that fits you, Bisca?" Wendy asked.

"Hehe," Bisca laughed nervously while scratching the back of her head. "You're right. Sorry."

"That's okay, Bisca," I replied. "You were just trying to find a good song for me to sing."

"What about Power Princess Shining Bright from the show Ever After High?" Wendy suggests.

"That's perfect!" we all cheer. "Let's do it!"

"And I can change some of the words in the song to fit the women in the guild!" I cheered, excited to start singing the song.

"Yeah!" everyone cheered. "Go for it!"

"Alright!" I exclaimed, pulling up the song on the karaoke machine.

Lookin' for my ever after
Don't wanna see my dreams get shattered
Everybody says I have to, got
Wait around just to be rescued
Not gonna sit alone in the guild hall
I'll show the world my fairy power
I'm standin' up and I am stronger
Listen to my heart 'cause it's gettin' louder

This feeling inside, it's comin' alive'
No more waitin' now

See the emblem on our skin
It's shinin' brighter
Let go of the fear and fly
Higher and higher
Rise up, the sky's the limit now
At the Fairy Tail guild
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Fairy Tail is shining bright

You know we'll play the game
But we'll do it our own way
Don't wanna let it go down in flames
This is how we fight now, side by side now
They didn't think we could
Come out from behind the shadows
We're standin' up, we're stronger
Listen to our hearts 'cause they're gettin' louder

This feeling inside, it's comin' alive'
No more waitin' now

See the emblem on our skin
It's shinin' brighter
Let go of the fear and fly
Higher and higher
Rise up, the sky's the limit now
At the Fairy Tail guild
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Fairy Tail shining bright

Millions of flashin' lights
Hearts ready to take flight
This feeling's takin' over
Can't hold it in no more
Don't ever wanna come down
My heart is soarin' now
This fire's burnin' brighter

See the emblem on our skin
It's shinin' brighter
Let go of the fear and fly
Higher and higher
Rise up, the sky's the limit now
At the Fairy Tail guild
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Fairy Tail is shining bright

See the emblem on our skin
It's shinin' brighter
Let go of the fear and fly
Higher and higher
Rise up, the sky's the limit now
At the Fairy Tail guild
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Fairy Tail is shining bright

After I got done singing, we were all just laughing and having fun.

"I think you should sing a Taylor Swift song now," Levy said, still laughing from our little fun.

"Oh! I know just the song!" Lucy cheered, getting an idea.

"And what song is that, Luce?" I questioned.

"Her song Better Than Revenge," Lucy suggested, a devious smirk on her face. "I think it would be awesome if you sang it and we recorded it and sent the video to Droy!"

"Yeah!" the girls cheered, even Lisanna, Juvia, and Wendy.

"Cana, Mira, Erza, Lucy, and Levy must've told them what happened between me and Droy," I thought to myself. "I mean, why else would Lisanna, Juvia, and Wendy agree to Lucy's plan if they didn't know what happened between us?"

"He didn't deserve you anyways," Mira said.

"Yeah!" Lisanna said, agreeing with Mira. "The way he broke up with you to chase after Levy was just plain mean! Why would he leave such a pretty girl like you?"

"I guess he didn't really love me," I mumbled. But I knew that I couldn't stay upset forever. I would have to get over it at some point. "But yeah, let's do it! And you girls can sing the chorus with me!"

"Yeah!" the girls cheered.

"Oh, and Levy?" I stated, turning to look at one of my best friends. "Just know that I might not be able to change the third and fourth lines in the first verse. I hope you understand."

"I understand, n/n," Levy replied, a look of total understanding on her face. "Some of the lines in the song are gonna be hard to change so just sing them the way they are."

"Thanks, Lev," I said, happy that Levy is so understanding.

"I'll pull it up on the karaoke machine!" Lucy said, walking over to the karaoke machine and pulling up the song.

Once the music started playing, I started singing again while Levy started filming me.

(Author's Note: italics is Y/n and underlined is everyone)

Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did
Ha, time for a little revenge
The story starts when it was hot and it was summer
And, I had it all he had me right there where he wanted me
He came along, got me alone, and let's hear the applause
He took my heart faster than you could say sabotage
I never saw it coming, nor would I have suspected it
I underestimated just who I was dealing with
He had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum
He underestimated just who he was playing with

He's not a saint and he's not what you think
He's an actor, whoa
He's better know for the games that he plays
With her heart, whoa
Soon he's gonna find
Messing with people's hearts in the guild
Won't make you many friends
He should keep in mind
There's nothing we do better than revenge, ha

He looks at life like it's a party and he's on the list
He looks at me like I'm trend and he's so over it
I think his ever present frown is a little troubling
And he thinks I'm psycho
'Cause I like to rhyme his name with things, but
Sophistication isn't what you wear, or who you know
Or pushing people down to get where you wanna go
Oh they didn't teach you that in prep school
So it's up to me
But no amount of vintage magic gives you dignity
(Think about what you did)

He's not a saint and he's not what you think
He's an actor, whoa
He's better know for the games that he plays
With her heart, whoa
Soon he's gonna find
Messing with people's hearts in the guild
Won't make you many friends
He should keep in mind
There's nothing we do better than revenge, ha

I'm just another thing for him to roll his eyes at honey
He might have her, but hasn't he heard
I'm just another thing for him to roll his eyes at honey
He might have her, but I'll always get the last word
Whoa

He's not a saint and he's not what you think
He's an actor, whoa
He's better know for the games that he plays
With her heart, whoa
Soon he's gonna find
Messing with people's hearts in the guild
Won't make you many friends
He should keep in mind
There's nothing we do better than revenge, ha

And does he still feel like he knows what he's doing,
'Cause I don't think he does, oh
Does he still feel like he knows what he's doing
I don't think he does, I don't think he does
Let's hear the applause
C'mon show me how much better he is
See you deserve some applause
'Cause you're so much better
He took me faster than you could say sabotage

Once I was done singing, Levy stopped recording and sent the video to Droy.

"I just hope that he doesn't play with your heart like he did with mine," I said to Levy.

"If Droy does, I'll let you know," Levy reassured me. "I promise."

"Thanks, Levy," I replied.

Gajeel's POV
Once we made it to Fairy Girl's house, we could hear that she just got done singing. If we noticed something and had to point it out, we would whisper to each other so that the girls couldn't hear us.

"I think I have a feeling who that song was about," Jest whispered.

"What do you mean, Jet?" Natsu whispered back.

"I think one of the girls suggested that Y/n should sing Taylor Swift's song Better Than Revenge," Jet whispered again. "And I'm thinking that Levy had the idea to film it and send the video to Droy to try and get back at him for breaking her heart."

"Well, as long as she plans on knocking the shit out of him, I'm fine with it," I whispered. That's when I noticed that the cowgirl was looking at Fairy Girl's guitar. "Is Cowgirl trying to get her to play her guitar?"

"I knew it," Jet whispered in response. "I had a feeling that Bisca was going to peer pressure her into playing her guitar."

"Can we all be men and just be quiet so we can hear the girls?" Elfman whispered in annoyance.

"Fine," we all whispered back.

Y/n's POV
That's when I noticed that Bisca wasn't paying attention to anything that any of us were saying. She looked like she was admiring something of mine.

"Hey, Bisca," I called out to her, snapping her out of her trance. "What are you looking at?"

"Oh, I was just looking at your guitar," Bisca replied. "I didn't know that you played."

"Y-yeah," I stuttered, scratching the back of my head nervously. "I play here and there."

Then I noticed that Levy turned to look at my guitar. She had this look on her face like she was thinking back to a memory of us together.

"Isn't that guitar that Master Makarov got you for your birthday?" she asked.

"Yeah, it is," I replied, walking up to my guitar. "Wanna hear me play something?"

"Yeah!" the girls cheered.

"Alright," I said, grabbing my guitar and sitting down on the couch. "I heard this song from Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel that I love to play every now and then. Want to hear it?"

"Go for it!" they cheered again.

"Alright," I replied, throwing the strap over my shoulders. "I hope you guys like it."

(Here's what your guitar looks like ⤴️)

Then I started playing the song.

Long before we tried to get tangled up and tied
We took so much for granted with nothing to hide

I'll be missing you
Oh, I'll be missing you

The colors of the leaves remind me of your smile
We go on walking mile after mile

I'll be missing you
Oh, I'll be missing you

Love will always be the key
Look into my heart and see
Come on now

I'll be there in moments of sorrow
I'll be there
Just tell it to your heart
My love's everlasting

I'll be there
There's no more denying
I'll be there and never far apart
Just listen to my heart

Once I was done singing, I saw everyone just looking at me like they met me for the first time. I could see Bisca smiling like she was planning something, Levy looked like she was going to try and help Bisca with her plan, Mira looked like she was thinking of something, Lisanna looked like she was wanting to get involved in whatever was being planned, Juvia looked like she was having fun, Wendy was wanting to hear me play my guitar again, Lucy looked like she was in shock, Erza was wanting to set something up with me, Stella looked like she knew something that I didn't, Carla looked like she wanted to hear me sing again, and Cana looked like she had something up her sleeve.

"Um, Bisca, what's going on in your mind?" I questioned.

"I was thinking that you could play your guitar at the guild once in a while," Bisca replied, but I could tell that she was lying about something. "I think that it would be unique if you played your guitar in front of the guild."

"Um, I'm not sure," I mumbled, scared to play my guitar at the guild. "I've only ever played my guitar in front of you girls. I'm a bit scared to play in front of the guild. What if I mess up or something?"

"Well, Gajeel will be there," Levy countered. "And you know that you're more calm around him. I'm sure that everyone here has noticed that."

"Yeah!" Juvia cheered. "I mean, it's a bit confusing, but with how calm you act around him, it's beautiful. I think you should give him a chance."

"But hasn't Y/n~san given up on love after Droy broke her heart?" Wendy questioned.

"You girls do realize that I'm still here, right?" I responded. "I can hear you girls talking about me."

"We know, but we want you to be happy," Lucy stated. "And we can see that you're always smiling and laughing when you're around Gajeel."

"Lucy is right, Y/n," Erza replied. "It's not very often that we see you smile and laugh like you do when you are around Gajeel. And whenever you are flying around the guild hall, it's most likely because you are trying to get Gajeel to accept you gor who you are."

"When Droy broke up with you, it was obvious that you were heartbroken," Mira continued. "We can all tell that you're always happy when you're around Gajeel, even after Droy broke your heart. If you do not see this, then you are trying to avoid falling in love again. I want you to be happy again."

"We all do," Lisanna stated. "I know that it's hard for you to find happiness after everything that you've been through, but you need to let go of that past."

"Everyone's right, Y/n," Carla replied. "If you do not see this, then you are blind to love."

"D-do you girls really think that I'm the happiest whenever I'm around Gajeel?" I whimpered, scared to hear their answers.

"Of course," Carla and Erza replied.

"Obviously," Cana, Mira, Lisanna, and Juvia responded.

"I've never seen you happier," Stella answered.

"It's obvious that you're always happy whenever you're around him," Bisca stated.

"You have to love again at some point," Lucy added. "Why not start now? Why not fall in love with Gajeel?"

"We love to see you smile," Levy said, smiling at me. "So that's why we want you to give him a chance. You might be surprised."

"And we can all see that Gajeel's happier whenever you're around," Wendy continued. "And it's obvious that you enjoy being around him. You just don't know it yet."

"But what if I mess up like I did with Droy?" I mumbled, too scared to be in another relationship.

"Just think about it, Y/n," Bisca stated. "When was the last time that you felt true happiness? The last time you've felt like someone truly cared about you? The last time you've actually fallen in love?"

"I...I uh," I stuttered.

"I think you've developed a crush on a certain person," Levy stated. "It's just a matter of when you'll actually realize that you love him."

"I..." I stuttered again. That's when I noticed Juvia pulling up a new song on the karaoke machine.

"If you can't find the words to say to us, then why don't you sing a song to help express yourself?" Juvia suggested. "And I already have the perfect song pulled up. So, what do you say, Y/n?"

"I...I'll do it," I mumbled. "But what's the song called?"

"You'll find out soon enough, Y/n," Juvia responded.

Then I saw Juvia press play on the song.

Gajeel's POV
"Okay, I think Juvia's trying to get Y/n to sing another song," Elfman whispered.

"What song do you think it is?" Lily asked.

"Probably a song that'll help Y/n to express her feelings better," Gray whispered in response. "Knowing her, she doesn't really express her emotions very well, if at all."

"Yeah," Jet whispered back. "And I've known Y/n since Levy, Droy, and I joined the guild as kids."

"Shhh!" Salamander shushed us. "She's singing again!"

"Right," we all whispered back.

Y/n's POV
Once the music started playing, I took a deep breath and started singing again.

(Author's Note: italics is Y/n and bold is the rest of the girls)

Ooh, whoa, whoa
Ooh, whoa

I hung up the phone tonight
Something happened for the first time
Deep inside, it was a rush
What a rush (what a rush)

'Cause the possibility
That he would ever feel the same way about me
It's just too much
Just too much (just too much)

Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever thought about was him
He's got me hypnotized, so mesmerized
And I just got to know

Does he ever think, when he's all alone
All that we could be, where this thing could go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?
Does he catch his breath when I look at him?
Is he holding back, like the way I do?
'Cause I've tried and tried to walk away
But I know this love ain't goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah
Goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah

Gajeel's POV
"Wait, I know this song," Jet whispered. "It's called Crush by David Archuleta. I think Y/n would listen to it back when she was still dating Droy. And I know for a fact that she still listens to the song."

"Yeah, I recognize it too," Elfman whispered in agreement. "But hasn't Y/n given up on love after Droy broke up with her?"

"That's what I thought too," Salamander whispered back. "Maybe she's realizing that she has feelings for someone else?"

"But who?" I whispered to the guys. "Who would she be falling in love with? Every guy at the guild, except for those of us here, that gun slinger, and that Mystogon guy, is an asshole, a pervert, or a plain weirdo."

"Think about it, Gajeel," Lily whispered to me. "Who has been able to make Y/n smile more than anything after all that she's been through?"

"I think she likes you," Happy whispered to me. "I mean, I can see it on her face. I think she really likes you, Gajeel."

"Yeah, right," I countered. "I attacked her and gave her that scar on her left eye. I don't think she would have a crush on me after that."

"You'd be surprised, Gajeel," Gray whispered back. "Anyways, let's just keep listening to her."

"Right," we all whispered back.

Then we continued to listen to Fairy Girl sing.

Y/n's POV
Once there was a break in the song, I took another deep breath before continuing to sing.

Has it ever crossed his mind
When we're hangin', spendin' time yeah
Are we just friends? Is there more?
Is there more? (Is there more?)

See, it's a chance I've gotta take
'Cause I believe that we can make this into
Something that will last forever, last forever
Forever

Does he ever think, when he's all alone
All that we could be, where this thing could go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?
Does he catch his breath when I look at him?
Is he holding back, like the way I do?
'Cause I've tried and tried to walk away
But I know this love ain't goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah
Goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah

Once I hit the pre-chorus again, I started to smile.

Why do I keep running from the truth? (Why do you keep running?)
All I ever think about is him (all you ever think about)
He's got me hypnotized (hypnotized)
So mesmerized (mesmerized)
And I just got to know

Does he ever think (ever think), when he's all alone (all alone)
All that we could be, where this thing could go? (Go)
Am I crazy or falling in love? (Crazy)
Is it real or just another crush? (Another crush)
Does he catch his breath when I look at him? (Yeah, yeah)
Is he holding back, like the way I do?
'Cause I've tried and tried to walk away (whoa)
But I know this love ain't goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah
(This crush ain't) Goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah (goin' away)
Goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah (do you ever think, when he's all alone)

(All that you could be, where this thing could go?)
Goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah (do you catch your breath when you look at him?)
(Is he holding back, like the way you do?)
Goin' away, yeah, yeah, yeah (do you ever think, when he's all alone)
(All that you could be, where this thing could go?)

Then the song kept repeating the last verse until it faded out completely. Once I was done singing, I just kept on smiling. I probably look like an idiot, but I didn't care. I'm starting to believe in love again. I'm starting to fall in love again. I'm starting to fall in love with the man who has been there for me when I needed him the most, who has always made me smile and laugh like I used to when I was little. I'm starting to fall in love with Gajeel Redfox, the Iron Dragon Slayer. Once I realized that I was starting to fall for Gajeel, I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. And knowing my best friends since forever, the girls probably noticed my blush and goofy smile because Cana started to poke my cheeks.

"You okay there, girl?" Cana questioned.

"I...I think," I stuttered.

"You think what, Y/n?" Bisca asked. "What is it? You know that you can tell us anything, no matter how embarrassing it may seem. We're your best friends."

"Yeah," the others cheered.

"I think that I'm starting to fall for him," I replied in a soft voice.

"I KNEW IT!" the girls cheered.

Gajeel's POV
"I think I'm starting to fall for him," Fairy Girl said to the others in a soft voice.

"I KNEW IT!" the girls cheered.

"Uh...um..." I stuttered. "I have no idea what to say to that."

"Well, she obviously likes someone at the guild," Salamander suggested. "But it's obvious that you're the one who she likes. I mean, you two are always smiling around each other. I can see it at the guild hall. Just ask her out already."

"Natsu, you do realize that we should give Y/n some time to fully realize her feelings for Gajeel, right?" Gray questioned like I wasn't around to hear what they were saying.

"You idiots do realize that I'm still here, right?" I whispered in annoyance. "Anyways, Gray's right, Salamander. Let's give Fairy Girl some time. She might not like me after all, which is perfectly fine with me."

"Anyways, we need to leave before the girls find out we were spying on them," Elfman suggested. "And I'd rather not have Y/n call me 'unmanly' for spying on her and the girls."

"Right," the boys and I said in unison.

"Well, you guys go on ahead," I suggested. "Lily and I are gonna stay and try and find out more."

"No we're not, Gajeel," Lily countered, wrapping his tail around my wrist closest to him. "You're coming with us. I do not feel like explaining to Y/n why you fell asleep outside of her house. Let's go."

"Urgh," I grumbled. "Fine."

And so, Salamander, Gray, Elfman, Jet, Happy, Lily, and I left Fairy Girl's house. But as the seven of us made our way back to the guild hall, I couldn't help but think about that last song that Fairy Girl sang.

"If she has a crush on someone in the guild, I hope that person doesn't break her heart like plant boy did," I thought to myself. "Otherwise I'll beat the living shit out of them."

Y/n's POV
Once we were done with our conversation about my potential feelings for Gajeel, I thought of an idea.

"Hey, girls," I called out. "Why don't we each sing a song that we think would fit us? Then we can have our Power Rangers marathon!"

"Yeah!" Levy, Lucy, and Cana cheered.

"That sounds like a good idea," Mira replied.

"I wouldn't mind doing that," Bisca responded.

"It does give me the chance to be myself once in a great while," Erza explained.

"That sounds like fun!" Lisanna, Wendy, and Stella exclaimed.

"Sure," Juvia said.

"As long as I don't have to sing if I do not want to, I am fine with the idea," Carla stated in a defiant tone.

"Carla, you know that I wouldn't force you to do something if you didn't want to," I said to her. "I'm not that kind of person. I put the needs and wants of others above my own. You should know this by now."

"I guess you're right, Y/n," Carla replied.

"Now come on!" Wendy cheered. "Let's start singing!"

"But who should go first?" I questioned.

"I think that Bisca should go first!" Levy cheered.

"Well, I was thinking that Y/n should go first since it was her idea," Bisca countered.

"But shouldn't Y/n take a break for a bit to rest her voice?" Mira wondered. "I mean, she has been singing the most out of us tonight. That just means that she should go last."

"I agree with Mira," Erza replied. "Why don't we have Bisca go first? It could give her the chance to discover a new hobby."

"Alright, fine," Bisca mumbled. "I'll go first. But only because we need to give Y/n a chance to rest her voice."

"Alright!" the girls cheered.

"What song do you want to sing, Bisca?" I asked her.

"How about Bartender by Lady A?" Bisca replied. "I actually like that song. I'll listen to it when I'm at my place."

"Alright," I responded, pulling up the song on the karaoke machine.

Once I had the song pulled up, I tossed Bisca a microphone and pressed play, causing the music to start playing and for her to start singing.

8 o'clock on Friday night I'm still at home
All my girls just keep on blowing up my phone
Saying 'Come on, he ain't worth the pain
Do what you gotta do to forget his name'

Now there's only one thing left for me to do
Slip on my favorite dress and sky high leather boots
Check the mirror one last time
And kiss the past goodbye

What I'm really needing now
Is a double shot of Crown
Chase that disco ball around
'Til I don't remember
Go until they cut me off
Wanna get a little lost
In the noise, in the lights

Hey bartender
Pour 'em hot tonight
'Til the party and the music and the truth collide
Bring it 'til his memory fades away
Hey bartender

Tonight I'll let a stranger pull me on the floor
Spin me 'round and let him buy a couple more
But before it goes too far
I'll let him down easy
'Cause tonight it's all about
Dancing with my girls to the DJ
Put that song on replay

What I'm really needing now
Is a double shot of Crown
Chase that disco ball around
'Til I don't remember
Go until they cut me off
Wanna get a little lost
In the noise, in the lights

Hey bartender
Pour 'em hot tonight
'Til the party and the music and the truth collide
Bring it 'til his memory fades away
Hey bartender

I'm feeling that buzz
I'm ready to rock
Ain't no way I'm gonna tell you to stop
So pour that thing up to the top
I'm coming in hot

Hey bartender

Ooh ooh

Oh oh oh, what I'm really needing now
Is a double shot of Crown
Chase that disco ball around
'Til I don't remember
Go until they cut me off
Wanna get a little lost
In the noise, in the lights

Hey bartender
Pour 'em hot tonight
'Til the party and the music and the truth collide
Bring it 'til his memory fades away
Hey bartender
Hey bartender

Once Bisca was done singing, we all started cheering and clapping for her.

"Whoa!" I cheered. "That was awesome, Bisca!"

"Geez, thanks, Y/n," Bisca replied. Then she turned towards all of us. "So, who's going next?"

"Oh! Oh! Me! Me!" Lisanna exclaimed, bouncing up and down in her seat. "I wanna go next!"

"Hahaha!" I laughed, walking back up to the karaoke machine. "Okay, Lisanna. You can go next. What song do you wanna sing?"

"Can I sing Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld?" Lisanna responded.

"Sure," I replied back, pulling up the song Lisanna requested. "Bisca, hand Lisanna the mic. It's her turn."

Once I turned back around, I saw Bisca handing the mic over to Lisanna. Once Lisanna had the mic in her hands, I turned back around and pressed play, allowing Lisanna to start singing.

Some girls, feel best in their tiny dresses
Some girls, nothin' but sweatpants, looking like a princess
Some girls, kiss new lips every single night
They're stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating life

You know some days you feel so good in your own skin
But it's okay if you wanna change the body that you came in
'Cause you look greatest when you feel like a damn queen
We're all just playing a game in a way, tryna win at life

Most girls are smart and strong and beautiful
Most girls, work hard, go far, we are unstoppable
Most girls, our fight to make every day
No two are the same
I wanna be like, I wanna be like most girls
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)
I wanna be like, I wanna be like
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)
I wanna be like, I wanna be like

Some girls, like to keep their physique real private
Some girls, wear jeans so tight 'cause it feels so right, yeah
Some girls, every day searching, keep the page turning
Sleepin' in late 'cause they just celebrating life

You know some days you feel so good in your own skin
But it's okay if you wanna change the body that you came in
'Cause you look greatest when you feel like a damn queen
We're all just playing a game in a way, tryna win at life

Most girls are smart and strong and beautiful
Most girls, work hard, go far, we are unstoppable
Most girls, our fight to make every day
No two are the same
I wanna be like, I wanna be like most girls
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)
I wanna be like, I wanna be like
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)
I wanna be like, I wanna be like

Most girls (yeah)
Most girls (wanna be, wanna be, wanna be)
Most girls, our fight to make every day
No two are the same
I wanna be like

Most girls
I wanna be like, I wanna be like most girls
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)
I wanna be like, I wanna be like
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)
I wanna be like
(Stayin' out late 'cause they just celebrating)

Once Lisanna was done singing, we were all cheering and clapping again.

"Alright, Lisanna!" I cheered out of excitement. "That was awesome!"

"Haha!" Lisanna laughed. "Thanks, Y/n. So, who wants to go next?"

"Me!" Lucy exclaimed, raising her hand high up in the air and taking the mic from Lisanna. "And I wanna sing Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson!"

"Alright then," I said, walking up to the karaoke machine again and pulling up Lucy's song of choice. Once I turned around and saw Lucy in position, I pressed play and the music started playing, allowing Lucy to start singing her heart out.

There's a place that I know
It's not pretty there and few have ever gone
If I show it to you now
Will it make you run away

Or will you stay
Even if it hurts
Even if I try to push you out
Will you return?
And remind me who I really am
Please remind me who I really am

Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?

Like a diamond
From black dust
It's hard to know
It can become
If you give up
So don't give up on me
Please remind me who I really am

Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?

Don't run away
Don't run away
Just tell me that you will stay
Promise me you will stay
Don't run away
Don't run away
Just promise me you will stay
Promise me you will stay

Will you love me? Ohh
Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?

Once Lucy was done singing, we started laughing.

"That was awesome, Lucy!" Cana exclaimed.

"Yeah!" the rest of us cheered.

"Thanks, girls," Lucy replied. "Now, who wants to go next?"

"I'll go next!" Levy cheered, running up to Lucy and taking the mic from her. "And I wanna sing Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson!"

"Alright, Lev," I responded, pulling up the song and pressing play, allowing Levy to start singing.

I don't wanna be left behind
Distance was a friend of mine
Catching breath in a web of lies
I've spent most of my life
Riding way, playing acrobat
Shadowboxing the other half
Learning how to react
I've spent most of my time

Catching my breath, letting it go
Turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life
I won't be told what's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so so simple now

Addicted to the love I found
Heavy heart, now a weightless cloud
Making time for the ones that count
I'll spend the rest of my time
Laughing hard with the windows down
Leaving footprints all over town
Keeping faith, Karma comes around
I will spend the rest of my life

Catching my breath, letting it go
Turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life
I won't be told what's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so so simple now

You helped me see
The beauty in everything

Catching my breath, letting it go
Turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life
I won't be told what's supposed to be right

Catching my breath, letting it go
Turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life
I won't be told what's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so so simple now
It's all so simple now

Catching my breath, letting it go
Turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life
I won't be told what's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so so simple now

Once Levy was done, we were all just having so much fun.

"Hey, I'll go next," Cana suggested, walking up to Levy and taking the mic from her. "Y/n, turn on I Ain't Me Without You by Sophia Scott."

"Alright, just give me a minute," I replied, pulling up the song. Once I had the song pulled up, I pressed play, causing Cana to start singing.

I ain't me without you
Without you

Making friends with the walls just to break the silence
Hanging up all your calls just to prove I'm trying
I threw away all your clothes, burned up all your letters
I took your name out my phone but I don't feel better

I can't turn the TV on
No, I can't sing my favorite songs without you, without you
My friends go out on Friday night but I stay home
'Cause I ain't right without you, without you

And I try, try, try
Oh, but I, I, I ain't me without you, without you
And I cry, cry, cry
Oh, but I, I, I ain't me without you, without you

I took a pill, took a dink, try'na fight my demons
I drove my car to your house just to face my feelings
I let you go just to show I can lead my own life
I'd say I'm fine all alone but that'd be a lie

I can't play the radio
'Cause every single song I know is about you, about you
And I hate sleeping in this bed
It makes it harder to forget about you, about you

And I try, try, try
Oh, but I, I, I ain't me without you, without you
And I cry, cry, cry
Oh, but I, I, I ain't me without you, without you

I ain't me without you, no, I ain't me without you
I ain't me without you, without you

And mom keeps asking where you are
But I don't seem to have the heart to tell her, to tell her
I'm staring at this neon moon and praying that you see it too
I wonder, I wonder

And I try, try, try
Oh, but I, I, I ain't me without you, without you
And I cry, cry, cry
Oh, but I, I, I ain't me without you, without you

I ain't me without you, no, I ain't me without you
I ain't me without you, without you

Once Cana was done singing, we were all just laughing. And for once, Cana didn't have any alcohol on her tonight. Anyways, now it was either Mira, Juvia, Wendy, or Erza's turn to sing.

"I will sing next," Erza stated, taking the mic from Cana. "And please turn on That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony, please, Y/n."

"On it, Erza," I replied, turning on the song for her to sing. I'm basically positioned at the karaoke machine until it's my turn. Anyways, once I had the song pulled up, I pressed play and Erza started singing.

That's my girl

Who's been working so damn hard?
You got that head on overload?
Got yourself this flawless body
Aching now from head to toe
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
All my ladies 'round the world
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Good girls better get bad

You've been down before
You've been hurt before
You got up before
You'll be good to go, good to go
Destiny said it, you got to get up and get it
Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it
Got some dirt on your shoulder, then let me brush it off for ya
If you're feeling me, put your five high
That's my girl

That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
Get up, what you waiting for?
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl

Nod if you been played by every boo
Just tryna show you off
Thought he was the best you ever had
Until he cut you off
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Bet, you bet, you know your worth
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Good girls better get bad

You've been down before
You've been hurt before
You got up before
You'll be good to go, good to go
Destiny said it, you got to get up and get it
Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it
Got some dirt on your shoulder, then let me brush it off for ya
If you're feeling me, put your five high
That's my girl

That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
What you wait, what you wait
What you waiting for?
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl

You've been down before
You've been hurt before
You got up before
You'll be good to go, good to go
Don't ever give up, no no
Destiny said it, you got to get up and get it
Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it
Got some dirt on your shoulder, then let me brush it off for ya
If you're feeling me, put your five high
That's my girl

That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
What you wait, what you wait
What you waiting for?
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl

That's my girl, that's my girl
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Now put your heart and your soul in it

That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl

That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl

Once Erza was done singing, Juvia stepped up.

"I'll go next!" Juvia cheered, taking the mic from Erza. "And I want to sing Heart Attack by Demi Lovato. It's for my beloved Gray!"

"Alright, Juvia," I replied, pulling up the song that she wanted to sing. Once I had the song pulled up, I pressed play and Juvia started singing.

Putting my defenses up
'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

Never put my love out on the line
Never said yes to the right guy
Never had trouble getting what I want
But when it comes to you, I'm never good enough
When I don't care, I can play 'em like a Ken doll
Won't wash my hair, then make 'em bounce like a basketball

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear high heels
Yes, you make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand

You make me glow
But I cover up, won't let it show
So I'm putting my defenses up
'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack
I think I'd have a heart attack

Never break a sweat for the other guys
When you come around, I get paralyzed
And every time I try to be myself
It comes out wrong like a cry for help
It's just not fair, pain's more trouble than love is worth
I gasp for air, it feels so good, but you know it hurts

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear perfume
Make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand

You make me glow
But I cover up, won't let it show
So I'm putting my defenses up
'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack
I think I'd have a heart attack

The feelings are lost in my lungs
They're burning, I'd rather be numb (rather be numb)
And there's no one else to blame (no one else to blame)
So scare, I take off, and I run
I'm flying too close to the sun
And I burst into fla-fla-flames

You make me glow
But I cover up, won't let it show
So I'm putting my defenses up
'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack
I think I'd have a heart attack (heart attack)
I think I'd have a heart attack-tack
I think I'd have a heart attack (oh, I think I'd have a heart attack)l

Once Juvia was done singing, it was Wendy's turn.

"Alright, Wendy," I said, looking at her. "What song do you want to sing?"

"Um, how about Who Says by Selena Gomez?" Wendy suggested, taking the mic from Juvia.

"That's a perfect song for you to sing," I replied, turning back to the karaoke machine and pulling up the song. Once I had the song pulled up, I pressed play, allowing Wendy to start singing the song.

I wouldn't wanna be anybody else
You made me insecure
Told me I wasn't good enough
But who are you to judge
When you're a diamond in the rough
I'm sure you got some things
You'd like to change about yourself
But when it comes to me
I wouldn't want to be anybody else

Na na na
Na na na
Na na na
Na na na

I'm no beauty queen
I'm just beautiful me

Na na na
Na na na

You've got every right
To a beautiful life
C'mon

Who says
Who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're the only one that's hurting
Trust me
That's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful
Who says

It's such a funny thing
How nothing's funny when it's you
You tell 'em what you mean
But they keep whiting out the truth
It's like a work of art
That never gets to see the light
Keep you beneath the stars
Won't let you touch the sky

Na na na
Na na na
Na na na
Na na na

I'm no beauty queen
I'm just beautiful me

Na na na
Na na na

You've got every right
To a beautiful life
C'mon

Who says
Who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're the only one that's hurting
Trust me
That's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful
Who says

Who says
Who says you're not star potential
Who says you're not presidential
Who says you can't be in movies
Listen to me, listen to me
Who says you don't pass the test
Who says you can't be the best
Who said, who said
Would you tell me who said that
Yeah, oh
Who says

Who says
Who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're the only one that's hurting
Trust me
That's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful
Who says

Who says
Who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're the only one that's hurting
Trust me
That's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful
Who says

Once Wendy was done singing, she walked up to me and handed Mira the mic.

"What song do you wanna sing, Mira?" I asked her.

"How about Burn by Ellie Goulding?" Mira suggested.

"Perfect," I replied, pulling up the song and pressing play.

Then Mira started singing.

We, we don't have to worry 'bout nothing
'Cause we got the fire, and we're burning one hell of a something
They, they gonna see us from outer space, outer space
Light it up, like we're the stars of the human race, human race

When the lights turned down, they don't know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world
We'll be raising out hands, shining up to the sky
'Cause we got the fire, fire, fire, yeah we got the fire, fire, fire

And we gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
Gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn

We don't wanna leave, no, we just gonna be right now, right now
And what we see, is everybody's on the floor acting crazy getting loco to the lights out
Music's on, I'm waking up, we stop the vibe, and we bump it up
And it's over now, we got the love, there's no secret now, no secret now

When the lights turned down, they don't know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world
We'll be raising out hands, shining up to the sky
'Cause we got the fire, fire, fire, yeah we got the fire, fire, fire

And we gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
Gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn

When the lights turned down, they don't know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world

We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
Burn, burn, burn, burn

We can light it up, up, up
So they can't put it out, out, out
We can light it up, up, up
So they can't put it out, out, out
We can light it up, up, up
So they can't put it out, out, out
We can light it up, up, up
So they can't put it out, out, out

When the lights turned down, they don't know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world
We'll be raising out hands, shining up to the sky
'Cause we got the fire, fire, fire, yeah we got the fire, fire, fire

And we gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
Gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn

When the lights turned down, they don't know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world
We'll be raising out hands, shining up to the sky
'Cause we got the fire, fire, fire, yeah we got the fire, fire, fire

And we gonna let it burn

"It's your turn now, Y/n," Mira said to me, handing me the mic. "What song do you want to sing? I can pull it up on the karaoke machine."

"How about Unsaid Emily from Julie and the Phantoms?" I asked. "I was wanting to sing that in honor of my mother. The way the song is played and the way the artist sings the words to the song reminds me of how my mother would sing me lullabies to help me sleep at night. And the way the artist plays the guitar for the song reminds me of how my mother would play her guitar for me too."

"Alright," the girls replied.

"Are you going to play your guitar to the song?" Bisca asked me.

"Yeah, I am," I responded, grabbing my guitar.

"Then go for it, Y/n," Levy said. "If you want to honor your mother's memory, then go for it."

"Thanks, girls," I said softly, appreciation lacing my voice.

Once I was ready, I pulled up the chords for Unsaid Emily on my phone, placed my guitar strap over my shoulder, sat down on the couch, and started playing.

First things first
We start the scene in reverse
All of the lines rehearsed
Disappeared from my mind
When things got loud
One of us running out
I should've turned around
But I had too much pride

No time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologize
Pieces of a clock that lies broken

If I could take us back, if I could just do that
And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace
Then maybe time would not erase her
If you could only know I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid (m/n)

Silent days, mysteries and mistakes
Who'd be the first to break?
I guess we're alike that way
He said, she said conversations in my head
And that's just where they're gonna stay forever

If I could take us back, if I could just do that
And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace
Then maybe time would not erase her
If you could only know I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid (m/n)

Ahh~
Ahh~

If I could take us back, if I could just do that
And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace
Then maybe time would not erase her
If you could only know I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid (m/n)

Once I was done, I took my guitar strap off of my shoulder and got up off the couch to put my guitar back. Once I made my way back to the couch, I could hear the girls cheering for me. In a way, it gave me a sense of nostalgia and happiness.

"I hope you're proud of me, Mom," I thought to myself. "I hope you're proud of me."

"Well, I think it's about time we go to bed," Carla stated.

"Yeah," I replied, trying to suppress a yawn but failing miserably.

"Good idea," Bisca added.

"Goodnight, everyone," we all said in unison, Stella and I going to our room and going to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.9K 24
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
333K 9.3K 70
Everybody knows the Dutton Family but none of them have made a name for themselves quite like the youngest, Mae Evelyn Dutton. She's a force to be re...
235K 11.8K 91
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
24K 988 40
She had always feared the night, but everything changed when someone showed her its beauty. The calming moonlight and soothing night sounds transform...