The Captain and I's Final Lov...

ciaras97

It's the end of the world... There are no other choices left to be made. Desperation is in the air. The Aveng... Еще

Chapter One: What's Left
Chapter Two: Destiny's Meeting
Chapter Three: Destiny's Revenge
Chapter Four: Heads Up
Chapter Five: Begin Again
Chapter Six: Left to Us
Chapter Seven: Always Find Your Way Back Home
Chapter Eight: Knock Knock... Destiny is Here
Author's Update
Chapter Nine: Tony...?
Chapter Ten: Selfish Thoughts...
Chapter Eleven: Big Brains Equals A Big...
Chapter Twelve: Time Traveling... It Sucks
Chapter Thirteen: Time Travel: An Absolute Win?
Chapter Fourteen: Quitters
Chapter Fifteen: Family First
Chapter Sixteen: Dude, We Got The Band Back Together!
Authors Note
Chapter Seventeen: Shit, It Worked!
Chapter Eighteen: Conference
Chapter Nineteen: Time to Play
Chapter Twenty: Our Souls
Chapter Twenty-One: New York State of Mind
Chapter Twenty-Two: It's Like a Mirror
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dancing With Myself
Chapter Twenty-Four: Haunted
Chapter Twenty-Five: Moments
Chapter Twenty-Six: Love and War
Chapter Twenty-Seven: You're a Liar
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Forgive?
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Call Me
Chapter Thirty: Feelings Are Hard
Chapter Thirty-One: So Little Time
Chapter Thirty-Two: Will it be a Win?
Chapter Thirty-Three: POWER
Chapter Thirty Four- On Your Left
Chapter Thirty-Five: A-Team
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Power Within
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Never Again
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Help
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Good Times
Chapter Forty: Ending?
Chapter Forty-One: Ouch
Chapter forty-Two: Where We Lay
Chapter Forty-Three: Bad News
Chapter Forty-Four: Return to Sender
Chapter Forty-Six: Happily
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Five: Past Lives

410 16 2
ciaras97

We were dropped in the middle of an alley. Of course it would be the middle of an alley. Where else would one sell their child for drug money? 

The air was freezing, as our time travel suits went away and revealed our stealth clothes. I had on my black suit, Steve had on a deep navy suit, we both blended in with the shadows. 

As I breathed in and out, I could see my breathe in the air. No wonder I was so inherently cold. This day must have burned itself into my core. 

"Are you sure this is the right day?" Steve asked me quietly, as we booth stood there not seeing any movement. 

"I mean I'm as sure I can be," I whispered back. "To be fair all the brainwashing does make ones memory fuzzy." 

Steve gave a small smile, but I could see he was nervous. Maybe he wasn't ready for this. Maybe I wasn't either. 

"Let's go, I probably got the date wrong," I told him. "This was stupid. I don't know what I wanted anyways." 

But then suddenly we could hear footsteps. 

"Where are we going mama? I'm cold," a little girl could be heard saying. 

I stood frozen in my spot. Right in the middle of the alley. 

Steve grabbed me quickly, putting the two of us behind a dumpster. 

"Just a couple more minutes baby," the mom could be heard saying. Well my mom. 

I peeked my head from behind the dumpster and saw the pair. It took my breathe away. I barely remembered the woman in front of me. 

She was skinny, her hair was stringy, and her skin was gray. Her eyes were wild as she scanned the alley. I had to tuck my head back behind the dumpster. But, then I looked again. The little girl was holding mom's hand. 

That little girl was me. A lifetime ago. 

Young me was looking up at our mother, quietly pleading to go back home. Our mother banged on the door. 

I could hear my heart beating loudly in my ears as I saw the man who opened the door. He was bald with several face tattoos.

"Well, well, well. Our favorite customer is back," he said laughing. "And who is this gem?" 

He bent down, looking at young me and grabbing one of the braids, tugging gently. I watched helplessly as young me tried to hide behind her mother's skirt.

I felt myself grown tense. Grow angry. 

I felt Steve's hand on my shoulder. It did nothing to soothe me as I took in the scene in front of me. 

"We were wondering if you had more?" my mother asked hopefully. 

"I told you, you would have to fork up more than the crummy few dollars you had last time." 

"What will it cost?" my mother asked. 

The man looked up and down the alley before leaning in to my mother. 

"We're doing experiments and we need young kids, they have a higher survival rate. Your sweet daughter here could be a part of something special." 

"Wh-what?" my mother stuttered. "You want my daughter for experiments?" 

"She would be a part of history," he told her. Then I watched as he headed inside, pulling out two bags. One he opened, showing my mother her choice of fun. Her eyes grew big, I was surprised she didn't start physically drooling. Then, I watched as he pulled the syringe out of the other bag, it was glowing blue. 

I gasped, knowing exactly what it was. 

I watched my mother deliberate in her head. 

"Only experiments? Will I ever see her again?" she asked him.

"Yes, it's all purely science. I can have you meet with the doctor himself."

"And will I ever see her?" she asked again, looking down at me. But, then back at her goodie bag in his hand.

He chucked, "yeah sure."

She contemplated again.

"A deal like this won't last. Soon all of our spots will be taken by other kids." 

She took a deep breathe.

"Mommy?" young me asked, looking up at her. I could see the clear fear in my young eyes. I could see the tears threatening to spill. I felt one drop on down my adult face. I quickly wiped it away. 

"Mommy will be back. You're going to stay with this nice man." 

"No please no!" young me screamed now. My voice rang out in the alley. But, it didn't matter. No one heard me. No one would come. I knew that. I knew this story. 

But, I was here now. I could change everything. I could change the course of everything that ever happened to me. I wouldn't have to be the brainwashed villain. I wouldn't have to be that girl ever again. 

"It's okay," Steve whispered. 

"No, it's not." 

I was growing more and more tense. I looked down, my hands were glowing a deep sapphire. 

"Morgan, don't-" he said. 

I quickly kissed him, he kissed me back, but hesitated. I could tell he was confused, but I deepened the kiss, then before I could change my mind I pressed the home button on his device, sending him flying back to home base. 

But, as I looked again, I was already gone. But my mother was still standing there, staring at the door, paper bag in her hand. 

"You! You piece of shit bitch!" I screamed, coming out from behind the dumpster now. 

I watched as she jumped out of her skin. 

"Who-who are you? They said no-one was here." 

I could see the fear in her eyes. Fear and recognition. 

"What-who are you?" 

"It doesn't matter." 

Then it was like sense came to her, and she tried to take off running. I only let out a small bitter laugh, before I teleported right in front of her. She had barely taken two steps.

"What are you?" 

"Well, the you'll be happy to know the experiments worked mommy. Your babygirl was a part of history! Aren't you happy?"  I gave her a sickly sweet smile.

"Mo-Morgan?" She looked at me in disbelief. Her eyes so confused. The same color blue as my own. 

"Yeah, weird, we can time travel now. Although, it won't be for many many years. I don't know if you know this, but they can actually freeze people to keep them young and preserve them for years!" I told her, recalling my time with Hydra. 

"What are you talking about?" she asked again. 

"Well I thought you would love the update on how your exchange went. You got your fun," I said, gesturing toward the bag in her hand. I could see her face turn red. "And I got this all of this!" 

I made my hands glow and made sure she saw my metal arm. 

"Like it?" I asked inside her mind. 

Her eyes went wide now, I could see her trying to work out a way to get out of here. I saw in her mind her escape plan.

"Now, now! Screaming for help or going to the police won't help anyone," I informed her. 

"I-I wasn't," she said. 

"Oh please, I saw exactly what you were wanting to do. Your step by step plan isn't going to work here." 

"I'm sorry! I don't know what else to do! You were better off with them anyways! I am not a mother!" she shouted now. 

"Yeah, experiments, torture, murders, brainwashing, is much better than drug addicts for parents." 

"They did all of that to you?" she asked.

"You have no idea." 

"I am so sorry baby. I didn't-I couldn't imagine they would ever do that."

"Did that shit completely fry your brains? What did you think they were going to do?"

"I don't know!" 

"It's your fault this happened to me!" I shouted angrily, tears spilling now. My hands were glowing bright blue. I could take care of her right now. I could take care of all of them right now. It would take seconds. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! If I had known it meant you'd never have happiness or a family again, I wouldn't have done it. I thought you were better off, truly." 

The mention of family stopped me for a moment. 

"That's where you're wrong. I do have a family now. One that is much better than you could have ever given me."

"Well, then see, I helped you."

"No, I earned that family! It has nothing to do with anything you put me through." 

Before either of us could say anything else, I heard the door opening behind me. I quickly teleported to the roof above. 

I looked down below to see the man come back out. 

"Oh one more thing," he said to my mother, who was still looking around frantic. "Everything I told you and showed you was confidential." 

"Oh um yeah, I won't say anything," she said. 

"I know you won't."

With that he pulled out a gun and shot her, letting her lay in the street. Then, he walked away like it was nothing. For him it wasn't. 

I teleported back down beside her as walked back inside. 

I grabbed her hand as blood spilled everywhere. 

"You're okay," I told her.

"I'm so sorry..." she said once more before she closed her eyes for the last time. 

"Shit!" I screamed, blasting one of the nearby trashcans.

The door rattled once more, and I knew it was time to go. I pressed the home coordinates and got the hell out of there.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

108K 2.7K 16
"Do you really want to go down that road? You know you won't be able to come back." "I need to know." Captain America: Civil War Bucky Barne...
261K 7.7K 85
❝Whatever happens, just know that I never stopped trying.❞ . . .in which she must do whatever she can to protect the world and what's left of the one...
70.5K 1.8K 24
Watching the world end is only as bad as what you stand to lose. Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff have lived and fought side-by-side for over five...
5.5K 283 18
Steve and Natasha has been dating and are a couple for a while now since afer the events happened in the Age of Ultron. Now the Civil War between the...