Life as A Winchester Sister:...

By CheyenneBenton21

Follows the story of Dean and Sam starting when they look for their dad with one key difference. They have a... More

Pilot Pt. 1
Pilot Pt.2
Pilot Pt 3
Wendigo Pt 1
Wendigo Pt 2
Wendigo Pt 3
Dead in the Water Pt 1
Dead in the Water Pt 2
Dead in the Water Pt 3
Dead in the Water Final
The talk
Phantom Traveler Pt 1
Phantom Traveler Pt 2
Phantom Traveler Pt 3
Bloody Mary Pt 1
Bloody Mary Pt 3
Skin Pt 1
Skin Pt 2
Skin Pt 3
Hook Man Pt 1
Hook Man Pt 2
Hook Man Pt 3
Bugs Pt 1
Bugs Pt 2
Bugs Pt 3
Home Pt 1
Home Pt 2
Home Pt 3
Asylum Pt 1
Asylum Pt 2
Asylum Pt 3
Scarecrow Pt 1
Scarecrow Pt 2
Scarecrow Pt 3
Scarecrow Pt 4
Faith Pt 1
Faith Pt 2
Faith Pt 3
Faith Pt 4
Route 666 Pt 1
Route 666 Pt 2
Route 666 Pt 3
Route 666 Final
Nightmare Pt 1
Nightmare Pt 2
Nightmare Pt 3
Best Brothers Ever
The Benders Pt 1
The Benders Pt 2
Shadow Pt 1
Shadow Pt 2
Shadow Pt 3
Hell House Pt 1
Hell House Pt 2
Hell House Pt 3
Hell House Final
Something Wicked This Way Comes Pt 1
Something Wicked this Way Comes Pt. 2
Something Wicked this Way Comes Pt. 3
Provenance Pt 1
Provenance Pt 2
Provenance Pt 3
Provenance Pt 4
Dean Mans Blood Pt 1
Dean Mans Blood Pt 2
Dead Mans Blood Pt 3
Dead Mans Blood Pt 4
Salvation Pt 1
Salvation Pt. 2
Salvation Pt. 3
Devils Trap Pt. 1
Devil's Trap Pt. 2
Devils Trap Pt 3

Bloody Mary Pt 2

492 10 0
By CheyenneBenton21

   We headed to the library next, to do research on Bloody Mary.

   "Say Bloody Mary is really haunting this town," Dean said as we walked in. "There's gonna be some sort of proof.." He trailed off. 

    "A local woman who died nasty, for example," I said before had the chance.

   "But a legend this widespread, it's hard," Sam admitted. "There's like 50 versions of who is actually is," he explained.  "One story says she's a witch, another says she's a mutilated bride, and there's a lot more." 

  "Okay, so what should we be looking for?" I questioned. 

  "Well, every versions got things in common," Sam told us. "It's always a woman named Mary, and she always dies right in front of a mirror." 

   "So," he continued, as we made it to the library. "We've got to search local newspapers, public records as far back as they go, see if we can find a Mary that matches the bill." 

   "That sounds annoying," Dean sighed.

   "No, it shouldn't be so bad as long as we have..." Sam started to tell Dean. I glanced over to the computers and saw they said OUT OF ORDER. I hit Sam's arm.

    "I hope you aren't about to say computers," I commented. He and Dean glanced over. 

   "I take it back," Sam sighs. "This will be very annoying." 

  We looked a a bunch of papers and records, before checking out what we needed and heading to the local motel. 

   "Uh," I groaned. "If I have to keep reading my head will explode," I complained to only Dean, since Sam was asleep. Usually Dean would want us to keep working, but he knew Sam need to rest. 

   "Please don't say your heads going to explode when we are dealing with Bloody Mary," Dean told me. I rolled my eyes and went back to reading, when I heard Sam make noise. 

  He was talking in sleep again, about Jessica. I got up and shook him awake. After a minute, his eyes popped open, scaring me a little. 

  "Why'd you let me fall asleep?" he asked, looking up at the ceiling. 

  "Because I'm an awesome brother," Dean commented, looking back at his paper. "So what'd you dream about?" He asked, even though he knew the answer.

   "Lollipops and candy canes," Sam joked, not looking over at Dean. Once I knew Sam was okay, I made my way back to the table with Dean. 

    "Yeah, sure," I commented, looking back down at the book. 

   "You guys find anything?" Sam asked, finally looking over at Dean and I. 

   "Oh, besides a whole new level of frustration, no," Dean replied. 

  "We've looked at everything, " I told him, with Deans answer not covering it. "A few local women, a Laura and a Catherine, committed suicide in front of a mirror, and a giant mirror fell on a guy named Dave." I closed the book, standing and walking over to the bed Sam was on. I fell onto it, beside him, face down. "And I have a headache forming, so, we are doing great."

   Sam chuckled and reached over, rubbing my back. "Take a break, sis." He looked back up at Dean. "Maybe we just haven't found it yet." 

   "I've also been searching for strange deaths in the area," Dean spoke up. "You know, eyeball bleeding, that sort of thing, and there is nothing." He sighed. "Whatever's happening here, maybe it isn't Mary." 

    A phone started ringing, and I felt a buzz by my side. I reached down and found Sam's phone. I handed it to him before putting my face back in the pillow. He answered the call. 

   "Hello," He said into the phone. The person on the other side said something quick and panicked. Sam told them we would meet them there and ended the phone call.  "We have to go meet Charlie, that friend of Donna's," He said, getting off the bed. "Something happened." We all got ready quickly and headed to the local park

   We found Charlie on a park bench and walked over to her. I sat beside her, while Sam and Dean stood off to the side. She explained that last night, one of her friends had said Bloody Mary in the mirror and she had died, the same way as Mr. Shoemaker. But she didn't believe that it was the reason she died. 

   "I'm insane right,?" She asked, tears poured down her cheeks. 

   "No, you're not insane," Dean assured her. 

  "That makes me feel so much worse," Charlie commented.

  "Look," Sam started to say, glancing over at us. "We think something's happening here, something that can't be explained." Charlie looked scared.

  "But, we are gonna stop it," I reassured her, grabbing her hand." But we could use your help." 

   Dean asked if she could get us into her friends house, so we could look over the friend's room. We had an idea of what to look for. She said she would tell her friend's parents that she needed alone time in the room. Meanwhile, we climbed on the roof and waited for Charlie. A while later, she came to the window and opened it. Sam climbed in first, then me grabbing Sam's hand to help, and Dean followed with a bag. 

    "What did you tell Jills mom?" Sam asked Charlie. 

   "I just said, I needed some time alone with Jills pictures and things." She explained watching us pull some items out of our bags. "I hate lying to her." 

  Dean closed the window's and curtains, and walked over to us. "Trust us, this is for the greater good, now hit the lights." She ran over and flipped them off.

  "What are you guys looking for anyway?" She asked. 

    Sam pulled out a small camcorder and turned it on. 

   "We'll let you know as soon as we find it," I told her, watching Dean pull out an EMF machine.

  "Hey, night vision?" Sam struggled with the recorder. I reached over and hit a button. "Thanks." He pointed it at Dean for a moment.

   Dean posed. "Do I look like Paris Hilton?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

  "Focus, please?" I begged. The boys began to walk around the room. Sam checked the mirrors with night vision and Dean walked around with the EMF reader. 

   "You know, I don't get it," I admitted. "I mean, the first victim didn't summon Mary, and the second victim did, how is she choosing them?" Dean looked over at me. 

   "Beats me," He stated. He looked at Charlie now. "I want to know why Jill said it in the first place." 

   "It was just a joke," She told him. I put an arm around her. Sam walked into the bathroom, to look at that mirror. 

  "Yeah, well, somebodies gonna say it again," Dean remarked, looking at his machine. "It's just a matter of time." 

   "Hey," Sam called from the bathroom. "There's a black light in the trunk right?" I nodded and snuck back out the window to go grab it. 

    Dean helped me back in the window, and closed the curtains. I saw that Sam had got the mirror from the bathroom and put it on the bed. I tossed the light to Sam, who tore the paper from the back of the mirror. He turned the black light on and ran it across the mirror. A faint handprint came up and a name.

    "Gary Bryman," Charlie read slowly. I looked over at her. 

    "You know who that is?" I questioned.  She shook her head. 

   "No," she stated. Sam looked at Dean and I. We decided to run back to the library and look at who this man ways.

   I offered to go inside, while Sam and Dean talked to Charlie. Once I found some good information, I headed back to tell them.

   "So,  Gary Bryman was an 8-year old boy," I said, sitting on the bench next to Charlie. "Two years ago, he was killed in a hit and run, the car was described as a black Toyota Camry, but nobody got the plates or saw the driver." Charlie looked up suddenly.

   "Oh my god," She stated. 

  "What?" Sam asked. 

   "Jill drove that car," She revealed. My eyes widened.  Dean looked over at us, and we knew what he was thinking. 

   "We need to get back to your friend Donna's house," Dean told her. 

   Jill was able to get us in the house. We took the mirror that Mr. Shoemaker and looked over it with the black light.

   "Linda Shoemake," We read, looking at each other. We went and asked Donna if she knew who Linda Shoemaker was and how she died. 

  "Why are you asking me all this?" She questioned, looking over us.

   "Look, we're sorry, but it's important," Sam tried to explain. 

  "Yeah, Linda's my mom, okay," She stated. "She overdosed on sleeping pills, it was an accident, and that's it." 

   I looked over at my brothers. We knew that Mr. Shoemaker had something to do with his wife's death, but before we could ask, Donna spoke up. 

   "I think you should leave." Donna suggested.

   "Look, Donna..." I started to say. 

  "Get out of my house!" She yelled, turning and walking out of the room. 

   "Oh my god," Charlie said. "Do you really think her dad could've killed her mom?" She asked. 

   "Maybe," Sam said. 

   "I think I should stick around," Charlie said, looking in the direction Donna went. 

   "Okay, just, whatever you do don't say..." Dean began to warn her.

   "Believe me, I won't say it," Charlie said, reading Deans thought. 

  We went back to the motel, and tried looking at more local cases. 

    "Why don't we try a more widespread search?" I asked Dean, who was at the laptop. "Maybe nationwide?" He nodded. 

   "Wait?" Sam questioned. "You're gonna do a nationwide search. 

   "Yep," Deans eyes never left the screen. "The NCIC, the FBI database, at this point any Mary in the country who died in front of a mirror is good enough for me."

  "But if she's haunting the town, shouldn't she have died in the town," Sam questioned, sitting across from us.  

   "We're telling you, there's nothing local, we've checked" I explained. "So unless you got a better idea..."

   "The way Bloody Mary's choosing victims," Sam said, going along with our idea. "It seems like a pattern." 

   "I was thinking the same thing," Dean agreed, looking over at Dean.

   "With Mr. Shoemaker and Jill's hit and run..." Sam trailed off.

   "Both had secrets where people died," I concluded. 

   "Right, I mean, there's a lot of folklore about mirrors," Sam explained. "That they reveal your lies, your secrets, that they're a true reflection of your soul, which is why it's bad luck to break them." 

   "Yeah, so maybe if you've got a secret, like a really nasty one, where someone died," Dean thought out loud. "Then Mary see's it and punishes you for it." 

   "Whether you summoned her or not," I agreed. 

  "Take a look at this," Dean said, he printed out a photo and handed it too Sam. I looked at the computer screen over Deans shoulder. 

   It was a picture of an older mirror, also with a handprint. 

   "It looks like the Sam handprint," Sam concluded, looking at the picture of Jill's mirror as well. 

  "Her name is Mary Worthington," Dean read of the computer. "An unsolved murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana. "

  "Well, it looks like we're headed to Fort Wayne," I said, standing up and getting my shoes on. We drove their and met a man who was a detective at the time of Mary's death.

   "I was on the job for 35 years," The man explained. "Detective for most of that." He explained, as we looked around his office. "Now, everybody packs it in with a few loose ends, but the Mary Worthington murder... that one still gets me."

   "What exactly happened," Dean asked. The man looked over at him.

   "You three said you were reporters," he stated, looking confused.

   "We know Mary was 19, lived by herself," I explained. "We know she won a few beauty contests, dreamt of getting out of Indiana, being an actress, and we know, the night of March 29th, someone broke into her apartment and murdered her, cut out her eyes with a knife." I told the man. 

   "That's right," he said, impressed. I took pride in my memorizing skills. 

   "See, sir, when we asked you what happened," Dean said. "We want to know what you think happened." 

   He walked over and pulled out a folder from a drawer. "Technically, I'm not supposed to have a copy of this." He admitted. Sam chuckled as the man flipped through the folder. He pulled out a picture of a woman in front of a mirror, dead.  "Now, see that," he pointed to something written on mirror. "T-R-E"? 

   We nodded and the man continued. "Mary was trying to spell out the name of her killer," He informed us.

   "You know who it was?" Sam asked. 

  "Not for sure," The man told us. "But there was a local surgeon, Trevor Sampson." He pulled out another photo of a man. "And I think he cut her up good." 

   "Now, why would he do something like that?" I asked, needing to know more. 

  "Her diary mentioned a man she was seeing, she called him by his initial, T," He explained. "Her last entry, she was gonna tell T's wife about their affair."

   "But how do you know it was Sampson who killed her?" Dean questioned. 

   "It's hard to say," he explained. "But the way her eyes were cut out, it was almost professional."

  "But you could never prove it?" Dean came to a conclusion. The man shook his head.

   "No prints, no witnesses," He explained. "He was meticulous." 

   "Is he still alive?" I asked next. 

   "Nope," the man sat back down. "If you ask me, Mary spent her last living moments trying to expose the guy's secret." I looked over at Sam at the word secret. "But she never could." 

   "Where is she buried," Sam asked. Maybe we could burn her body, I thought. 

   "She wasn't" the man informed us. "She was cremated." I shared a look with Dean, who had been thinking the same thing.

   "What about that mirror?" Dean asked. When there's no body, you look at objects that could be connected to a spirit or ghost. "It's not in evidence lockup somewhere, is it?

  "No, it was returned to Mary's family a long time ago," The man told us. 

  "You wouldn't happen to have the names of her family?" I asked. We got some information, and headed down the road. 

   After making some calls, Sam found out that the mirror had been sold by Mary's brother a week ago to a store in Toledo. 

   "So wherever the mirror goes, that's where Mary goes?" I questioned, still not understanding how it worked. 

   "Her spirit's definitely tied up with it somehow?" Sam agreed.

   "Isn't there an old superstition that says mirrors can capture spirits," Dean asked Sam.

   "Yeah, there is," Sam explained. "When someone would die in a house, people would cover up the mirrors so the ghost wouldn't get trapped."

   "So, Mary dies in front of a mirror, and it draws in her spirit," I threw out. 

   Sam agreed. "Yeah, but how could she move through like a hundred different mirrors," he questioned. 

   "Well, if that mirror is the source, I say we find it and smash it," Dean stated. Sam still was thinking.

  "Yeah, I don't know...maybe," He said, looking out the window. Before he could say anything else, his phone rang. "Hello," he said. He immediately got a worried look and sat up in his seat. "Charlie?" He asked, confirming who was on the phone. She must have been talking fast and panicky. "Stay where you are, we'll be there." He told Dean where to go and to go fast. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 128 10
Supernatural story
457K 10.4K 79
The Little Winchester Sister - First Book: Scarlett Winchester is Dean and Sam's half little sister. When she was 10, Sam left the hunting business a...
13.3K 406 61
Eve is Bobbys little secret. His daughter who he tries to keep safe from his world by keeping her away from everyone he knows. Everyone except for th...