Royals of the South

By chapterbangtan

You were shock to know that you and your brother Sunoo was called from the palace. You were just sold as slav... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: Royal Troublemaker
Chapter 3: Hide and Seek
Chapter 4: Lessons with His Majesty
Chapter 5: The Second Prince
Chapter 6: Trust
Chapter 7: Spy
Chapter 8: Enchanted
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard
Chapter 11: Saved
Chapter 12: The Assassin
Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove
Chapter 14: King of The North
Chapter 15: Visit
Chapter 16: Questions
Chapter 17: Final Answer
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18: Marriage
Chapter 19: Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Absence
Chapter 21: Her
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: Meeting Her
Chapter 24: Nightmare
Chapter 25: Offer of Marriage
Chapter 26: Chance
Chapter 27: Confession After Confession
Chapter 28: Sacrifice for the Kingdom
Chapter 29: Decisions
Chapter 30: The Trip
Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts
Chapter 32: Welves
Chapter 33: Captive
Chapter 34: Acceptance
Chapter 35: Engagement
Chapter 37: All of You
Chapter 38: Defeat
Chapter 39: Unwanted News
Chapter 40: Engagement
Chapter 41: The Heart Speaks
Chapter 42: Wedding
Chapter 43: Consummate
Chapter 43: First Day Royal
Chapter 44: The Council and Rosa
Chapter 45: Luff Village
Chapter 46: The Queen
Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

Chapter 36: I Know Everything

125 8 13
By chapterbangtan

~•×•~

You thought it would be yours and the king's engagement that will be celebrated first in this ball room but you were wrong. You feel like an idiot to even think that in the first place. You haven't even accepted the proposal. What were you thinking?

Jungkook had it all planned.

You thought to yourself.

Although you were wearing something sparkly and flowy and obviously special from the rest of the guests, you felt nothing. Even though you were standing next to the king, you felt like you were no one. You just stand there and watch the other guests enjoy the celebration ball for Jungkook and Ella who are currently accepting congratulatory gifts and advices from people who came.

Royals and nobles of many lands came to celebrate. Jimin is here with his parents, the king and the queen. After greeting the couple, he made a bee line to you. Excused you from king Taehyung and took you outside and into the terraces. With your arm through his, you hold tightly.

"Hooo, chilly," you mutter under your breath earning a chuckle from Jimin.

"Apologies for bringing you out here but it seems like you were going to faint inside from holding your breath," he comments.

You both stop at the concrete railings but you did not let go.

"Did I?" You ask him.

He nods.

"I don't know about the others but you seem a little different today. Maybe just me though. I haven't seen you in a long time," he adds.

You don't know why he's being extra chatty today. He isn't the type to chat a lot.

"Do I look more royal now?" You kidded.

Jimin looks at you and giggles.

"With you hair pinned up? Yup, yup," he nodded.

You jokingly shove him to the side and smile.

"By the way, I don't know if you knew some nobles outside the South but someone I meet overseas has asked me about you," Jimin starts.

Your eyes grew a bit wide. You do not like where this is going.

"Sir Jin from the East?" Jimin added.

You felt a relief at that.

You nodded gently.

"Yeah, I know him. He's a ...... a friend," you answered.

"I see. He just asked how you were doing and said if you needed anything, you should just mail him," Jimin said.

"I will. But what did you say about me?" You asked him.

"That you were doing fine and that you were given a title here. He said you should always take care. That's just about it," he added.

You nodded and kept your mouth shut for the rest of the time you are with Jimin. After a while, he spoke.

"I was wondering if I could ask your hand from the king," he said.

You almost choke at his words but was caught more off-guard when someone spoke from behind you.

"I don't think you should cousin," Jungkook, who's ib the shadows spoke.

Jimin coyly laughs as he shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Come on now general. Why not?" Jimin asks.

"Because—" You cut Jungkook off.

"Apologies prince Jimin but can me and Jungkook have a moment please?" You ask Jungkook more than Jimin.

You don't really want a moment with him but Jimin doesn't need to hear Jungkook's small talk about why. Though you were wondering why Jimin would ask your hand from the king. That thought could wait.

"As you wish lady Y/n. I will be around if you need me," he said.

You nodded and gave him a smile before he exits, tapping Jungkook's shoulder on his way.

"Congratulations on your engagement Jungkook. Golf match tomorrow?" He asks Jungkook.

Jungkook smiles and taps his shoulder back.

"Thank you. Bet I'll beat your ass tomorrow then," he chuckled.

"You bet your ass," Jimin answered and started to walk away whistling.

When he was gone, you stare back at the garden infront of you.

"You may leave now," you said.

Instead of leaving, Jungkook walked to you, stood beside you and looked at your profile. Before he could even speak, you raise your hand to silence him.

"We do not have to talk," you show slight hostility towards him.

"I'm really sorry," he said while trying to make you face him.

You hold unto his arms and place them down as gentle as you could and then let go.

"We're done talking about this. You made your choice long before even hearing about what I had to say," you said staring into his eyes.

He saw his reflection into your glossy eyes. Jungkook watches your face that shows nothing, yet your eyes tells everything.

Mistake

Big mistake

He hurt you again

And again

Before your emotions could even spill, you walk away from him. You walked straight to the king and before you could even reach him, Taehyung sees you going to his direction. He stood from his chair and meets you in the middle. He holds your hand tightly and leads you to his study room, which is the nearest to the ballroom.

He locked the door and walks to his table in the middle of the room. The room where you first met. He leaned on his table, you in between his legs. His hands are resting on your waist.

"You do not have to lie and pretend infront of me Y/n. I know why you're like this," Taehyung's words struck deep. His eyes seaeching yours.

But you didn't cry.

You felt like shutting off again.

Taehyung cups your face with his right and and bore his eyes into yours more.

"Don't do this infront of me. Atleast not infront of me," he gently speaks.

"I do not deserve you," was all you could say.

Taehyung releases a sigh but instead of him speaking, he just lands his lips into yours.

And he stays there.

A gentle kiss

A warm gentle kiss.

Your eyes instantly closes.

And then he moves his lips slowly. His lips inviting and coaxing and warm and comforting. You respond to him, hands grabbing unto his arms for anchor.

He kisses you while wiping your tears away. Your tears that you didn't even expect to fall. And then you surrender. The kiss went on and so did your tears. His touch feels like keys to your water sheds. His lips feels like a soft handkerchief that wipes away your tears.

You may separate to gasp for air but you both came back in each other's lips for more. His hand stayed in place. No funny touching, no sudden grasping.

Its as if he just intended this kiss for the sole purose of you releasing your tears.

You both finally let go but his hands were still in place.

"Jungkook is the reason for all of this right?" He gently asks.

You nod in surrender.

Taehyung kisses the back of your hand.

"I know and I understand

And I am here no matter what,"

You were speechless. Taehyung knew all along yet he didn't pushed himself towards you. He patiently waits for you, he effectively comforts you.

And above all,

He knows everything about your past and present.

Yet he still loves you.

You then reevaluate everything.

Jungkook is always unsure and hurtful.

Taehyung is always understanding and loving.

He knows everything about you yet you don't.

You knew your decisions were wrong.

This man infront of you..........

•••

Edited

Happy Birthday Taehyung!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 6.5K 48
*Dragon King x innocent human* →→A story where A Dragon king found his mate as a meek, fragile human being.⏎ ❍Kim Taehyung, a Dragon King, is a ruth...
22.9K 1.8K 15
It's a short love story of taekook...❣️ ࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇ " we can fall for many people but it can never replace our first love...
12.2K 701 20
Short cute Taekook texting AU when jungkook adds his friends new number but he messages someone different, someone very odd he had never met anyone...
7.2K 304 22
"I'm sorry to interrupt sir, but I'm not able to concentrate on your lecture" "Oh! Is that so Miss Kim? May you elaborate why though?" ...