A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASEπŸ₯³

Chapter 7

3K 94 3
By sequinedsmile

Vincent's POV-

I was sitting in my office reviewing the monthly sales report when my office door opened. Joe enetered, "Sir your legal team is here."

"My legal team? Did we have a meeting today?" I asked.  

"No sir. But Mr. Davis is saying it is were urgent and he needs to meet you right now." He said.

"Send them in." I closed the file. 

In about 2 minutes my office was acquainted with 4 men in business suits and very serious expressions. They looked they were attending somebody's funeral. I knew something was really wrong because Nigel Davis, my head lawyer, was never in a serious mood. He was always joking around. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Vincent today we received papers from the family court." Nigel started. 

"Family court?" I was getting really worried. Did my father do something?

"Mr. and Mrs. King have filed a case against you for negligence towards your kids." He said. 

"Celestine's parents?" I questioned. 

"Yes. They want the sole custody of the kids." He avoided eye contact. 

"WHAT?" I banged my hands on the desk. My temper shot up. Everybody in the room flinched. 

"Show me those damn papers." I ordered. 

Nigel handed me the papers. I read through them and I wanted to murder someone after that. 

"These shouldn't even be there. We signed an agreement which gave me the sole custody of the kids." I was flustered. 

"That was between you and Celestine. As the guardians of the kids, Mr. King has issued claims against you." Nigel said. 

"I don't care. I am not letting my kids go." I stated.

"Vincent, listen to me. Our side in this case is weaker than their. You are working for almost 12 hours everyday which they can use a statement against you for negligence. And usually the judge favors the mother's side." Nigel said. 

"But that's the thing. There is no mother in this equation. Celestine left the kids because she saw them as a burden in her life. She never loved them like a mother does." I told him.

"That can account for something in our case but the main issue here is the kids don't have a mother figure in their life. That is a big enough issue in itself." He was adamant on the mother part.

"Then what am I supposed to do? I am for sure not giving up my kids to those people." I made that clear. 

There was no way I was letting someone take my kids away from me. 

"I have thought of a way but I don't think you'll like it." Nigel said. 

"I don't care if I like it or not. At this point I want a way out of this. So tell me." I said.

"You'll have to marry." He said. 

"What the actual fuck did you just say?" I looked at him. 

"I don't mean that you have to have marital relations with  that woman. You need to marry someone who is actually good to the kids. Someone who'll be enough for us to prove that the kids have a mother figure. Do know someone like that?" He said.

The first person who came to my mind was Eliza, the kid's nanny. But she would never agree to this charade. 

"Is there any other way out of this mess?" I asked even though I had no hope. 

"This is the only I can think of." Nigel said.

"I do know someone who is closest to a mother figure to the kids but she would never agree to this." I sighed. 

"Who is it?" Nigel asked. 

"Eliza Ahn. The new nanny." I said. 

"A nanny?" Nigel raised his eyebrow. 

"Don't underestimate her. She has gotten really close to both of the kids. Yu Eun can't live a day without her." I was saying the truth. 

Yu Eun always asks why Eliza leaves on Sundays. She wants her to be in family time with us. 

"If you think so." Nigel said. 

"She will never agree to doing this." I ran a hand through my hair. 

"Don't worry about that. Everybody has their weak spots, we just have to find her. Then she'll agree to anything you saw." He had a twinkle in his eyes like he has come up with an evil plan.

"You plan on blackmailing her?" I questioned. 

"Not me. You'll be the one presenting her this genius idea." He had gotten back his charm. 

"I am not blackmailing her." I refused. Even though I don't know her at all this is unethical to do. I wouldn't've hesitated if it was someone else but Eliza wasn't just anybody. She was really close to kids and if she rejects this and quits her job I won't be able to find someone as reliable also Yu Eun will kill me if I let her go.

"What else do you plan to do? Make her fall in love with you?" Nigel asked sarcastically. 

He had point. 

"Fine I'll do it. But Nigel no dirty business. You'll only use the information which is not over stepping any boundaries. No personal secrets should be invaded." I pointed a finger at him. 

"Ofcourse." He raised his hands in submission. 

That whole day I was in a really bad mood. I snapped at everyone. Nigel gave information on Eliza and she was actually in need of financial aid. 

I went home trying to find a way on how to get her to listen to me and the opportunity presented itself when she came into my office to talk. No matter how guilty I felt about blackmailing her I still did it. Then I let the room to giving her some time to think. 

I went to Yu Eun's room. She wasn't sleeping, she was staring at the ceiling of her bed. When heard me close the door. She looked at me and the quickly closed her eyes. That literally tore my heart apart. 

I went to her bedside. I stroked her hair and called out, "Yu Eun." 

She didn't answer, so I said to her, 

"Alright don't answer but please listen to me. I am sorry for raising my voice at you earlier. I have had a really bad today and I didn't mean to scold you at all. I am so sorry." I said.

"I am not talking to you." She said. 

"Please don't say at. Appa is sorry for raising his voice at you. Please talk to me. If you don't talk to me I'll really start crying." I pleaded to her.

"Aniya." She quickly said. 

"Then please talk to me. I'll do anything you want me to." I sounded helpless. In fact I was helpless. The only thing flashing through my head was my beloved daughter being taken away from me. I couldn't bare through the pain of it. I would give away all my money and luxury to keep her. Eliza's one decision was like a life and death decision for me. 

"You'll do anything?" Yu Eun asked. 

"Anything. I promise." I said to her. 

"Then sleep with me tonight in my bed." She said. 

"In you bed? I won't even fit. Let's go to my bedroom." I said.

"No, that is your punishment for scolding me. Now come and sleep beside me or I won't talk to  you." She said. 

I got into her bed without any hesitation. I hadn't eaten my dinner yet but I couldn't've cared less about that. My daughter is my top priority. I wrapped my arm around her tiny torso and held her close to me in the fear that she might go away from me.

"Appa," She called me.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Saranghae." She said.

"Saranghaeyo gongju." I smiled. 

In about a minute or two she fell asleep. I kissed the top of her head and promised to never let her go. I was going to fight for my kids no matter what happens.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 152K 99
New updates every weekday by 9 am Thanks for 3k reads❀❀ "I don't care," Lucas snapped back, "get her out of my house and find someone else." "Lucas...
202K 4.8K 45
Reverse grumpy x sunshine Kataleya Miller is an independent and not so social woman. She spends most of her nights drinking and isn't interested in...
5.5M 28.4K 9
{ CURRENTLY REWRITING } With one of the best college grades and her masters degree in hand, Emma Durson's next plan is to move to New York to pursue...
742K 23.3K 33
Madison Sweeney was well prepared to spend her life alone with her three children after her hateful relationship came to a crashing end. She never ex...