The Protector and her Sidekic...

By EJ-Morningstar

"maybe one day I'll tell you about my shameful past Kiriko,but for now I'm just happy to spend everyday of my... More

daily shenanigans
this little misfortune will be your demise
Cold and colder in the dead of night
I did it for love,did it for you
the future I dreamed of
You can have my heart,any place,any time.
there's no tomorrow..... carry on
I... Miss you...
The scarlet protector.
Do I really deserve a second chance at life ?
hold me close to your heart and never let me go.
this happiness...protect it at all costs!

A Wish,a dream and an answer

910 8 4
By EJ-Morningstar

when I entered the store Kiriko was playing with some kids,well she's popular with everyone so I'm not surprised.

"your popularity always makes me Heartbroken Kiriko! when is the world going to show the appreciation for the loyal Sidekicks ? I too want comics and merchandise about myself." I said I'm the most overdramatic way possible while smirking.

she stops playing with the kids and weaves  them goodbye after my little "show" gets her attention.
"since you're being that overdramatic I'll take that as a Sign you are felling better ?"
she says whit a smile while handing me the shopping bag.

"yes I'm felling way better now! let's go back them I still need to make you pay for doubting my cooking skills after all this time we've been together,and after that we have the rest of the afternoon to do anything we want! go on a date watch some movies or just chill indoors listening to some music you choose and I'll be happy to oblige" I said as a we hold our hands,it would be naive of my part to believe that calm days like today would last forever but it feels nice to believe in lies once in a while, after all the best lie is the one that even you believe it's the truth.

as we're about to leave somehow Kiriko succeed in convincing me to buy a box of doughnuts for her, these damn cute puppy eyes she did,I don't have the willpower to resist such an effective tactic.

"are you happy now ? sometimes i wonder if i spoil you to much Kiriko, you know exactly what to do for convincing me and you certainly abuse the power you have over me."
I said as she start eating one of the doughnuts while she proceeds to make an expression of absolute joy, I'll never understand how a person can be so cute in a moment and hot on another so easily,but perhaps I'm biased,after all I am a shameless simp in the end of day.

"hehe I love you too, and I demand more attention and affection from you!"she says and before I could respond her expression changes to a more serious one "the last week you've been coming home late..... and it always makes me worry sick about you..."
I still feel really bad about lying to her but this is my own fault anyway if I didn't accepted my father's offer I could've been living without this constant guilty eating my soul.
"I'm sorry Kiriko but as I said last week was eventful...to say the least at work,our "clients" weren't accepting our condition's and it dragged down everything for longer than it really needed"I said while still trying my best to make the situation appear to be less bad than it really was,if the people from last week weren't already rotting I would've killed them.

"let's forget about that incident Kiriko, the year is ending and next week it'll be Christmas! after tomorrow I'll be officially free from anything work related until the next year,so we have at least 1 entire month to spend quality time together! and I'll let you decide our plans for the holidays, I'm looking forward for our festivities!" I'm trying really hard to change the subject, however she's not buying it.

"Why can't you just tell me what happened ? instead of leaving me in the dark, why can't you Trust me ?" she's seriously hurt by my actions and this one broke my soul,I'm sorry but I still need to keep lying to you,to keep your safety.

"Well I didn't want to reveal my reasons to have been coming home late last week so soon,however you need to know the truth,I was looking for a perfect gift to give you today,as you know sometimes i act like a perfectionist and I refuse to simply buy a forgettable or meaningless gift,it needed to be something special,so my apologies for lying and making you worry Kiriko it wasn't my intention..." I said while giving my most genuine smile possible, despite knowing I'm lying, thanks dad for teaching me how to lie so effectively.

"thank God I was really worried this last week you know ? bad thoughts were always on my mind tormenting me as I waited for you, I'm grateful for you thinking about me so highly but a simple gift like a flower would have been enough,it's the intention that counts after all"she said while closing the distance between us and leaning for a kiss I of course do the same, guilty it's the only word I'm my mind however, lying to her only gets worse day after day but I'm grateful for the engagement ring I got for her 3 weeks ago it ended up saving me from a hard time, after our little kiss she looks directly at my eyes a curious expression before beginning returning to our conversation.

"now I'm extremely curious about the gift you bought for me,if it took you an entire week to get it then certainly is something truly special, I'm looking forward to it!"
she said with her usual but extremely effective cute smile.

"Trust me,it was worth all the time I took me to get the perfect gift, I'm truly excited to see your reaction as I'll hand it to you tonight!but don't even try to find it in our apartment the gift is hidden in a place you'll never find,I have always some tricks up my sleeve my dear"

as we're in our lovely walk,enjoying each other's company and chatting rain starts to pour down onto us making we run as fast as possible while trying to not get completely soaked in the process, more like I was trying to not get soaked,Kiriko having the usual privilege of teleporting was able to return quickly and almost untouched by the rain I on the other hand.....

(3 minutes earlier)

"Kiriko! don't you even dare leave me behind,I don't have the aid of the gods on my side like you!" I said while trying my best to catch up on her to no avail .

"sucks to be you I guess" she said with a malicious smirk. "How could you do that to me ? I feel betrayed! that's why I hate you!" I said as the rain only gets worse

"liar! you can't hate me even if you really wanted too! anyway I'll be waiting for you inside,bye-bye!"she said while again teleporting away as I'm left speechless.

"the audacity! even though you're right as I can't hate you,I'll still pretend like I do!" I said before i started running even faster

(present time around 11 am)

"I totally wasn't looking for my gift as you were facing the rain outside, trust me I have no reason to lie!" she said proudly but since I'm too tired to argue back I just ignored her as I head straight to the bathroom to change my clothes and take a bath.

I felt satisfied as the hot water made contact with my body,but as I was lost in troughs enjoying a well deserved bath I didn't even notice that Kiriko opened the door and went inside the bathroom, since I was whit my eyes closed I only noticed her presence when she pushed me for a kiss i wasn't expecting, her expression was a mix between shyness and guilty, after mustering the needed courage to start speaking.

"I'm truly sorry for earlier.....I let my curiosity got the Best of me..... and you're totally right for getting angry at my stupid attitude... but please forgive me! I'm truly ashamed of my actions!" she said while looking genuinely regretful, which is pretty ironic since her intentions are good and genuine and she doesn't need to constantly lie to her partner everyday compared to a certain person I know...

"calm down Kiriko, I'm not even mad I was just tired from running for my life earlier, you don't need to fell that bad about it today is our special day and the last thing I want is to make you feel bad or sad"I said as I'm head patting her.

"Thank you!" I can basically feel the relief in her voice as she hugs me,I obviously do the same,this precious creature must be protected at all costs.

"but I still feel like I must compensate from earlier,and I know exactly how." she says as her malicious smirk return,I know exactly were this is going to end and it's not pretty! I froze remembering what happened this morning,and when she's in the mood nothing can stop her.

"you want to do the deed again Kiriko ? it's not even been 4 hours since the last time! don't you at least have to rest a bit ?" I said trying to be as reasonable as I can but I know it's in vain.

"Hehe,did you forget ? even if I get tired my healing powers are here to help me and you to recover easily, besides we didn't do it nearly as much as I wanted last week, because a certain someone was getting home late..." she said with a cold stare that instantly freezed my soul, unfortunately she's right...

"Kiriko can I at least prepare our food and bake the cake before ? please!" "no you'll do as I say!" I sight in defeat, it's not like I don't want but at least let me prepare our food for later! "yes ma'am" there's no way out now,I better accept my fate.

(7 hours after the deed)

well the rain didn't stop after all this time, forcing me and Kiriko to spend the rest of the entire day indoors,it wasn't bad by any means,we eat dinner and she obliterated the cake I was only able to get 2 slices... We listened to music watched some movies and genuinely had a great time together but I really wanted today to be even more special, the walk on the park was cancelled thanks for the rain,we could go to a restaurant but I doubt it would be interesting besides I'm still trying to find the ideal time to propose if I'm having a hard time mustering the courage alone with her then imagine at a restaurant with a bunch of strangers ? we couldn't go to the cinema because we didn't find a single movie that picked our interest,we could do our usual vigilante work but I'm pretty sure beating baddies it's not the most romantic thing to do specially in our one year anniversary.

"Kiriko sorry for the lame day we're having,I should've planned it better.....
in the end it wasn't nothing special"I said looking way from her I can't even look in her face after this disgrace I dare call
""special day""

"now you're being silly,you should've known better that everyday we spend together is special and I couldn't be any happier.
besides you still have my gift to give me, regardless of what it is I'll cherish it forever I promise!"
I'm left speechless she never fails at cheering me up,I think now it's the right time,I go to our bedroom and open my locked suitcase and there it was.

I do an last inspection on the ring and it's box to make sure everything is perfect before putting the box on my pocket,anxiety is the only tough my mind is capable of giving me now, what if she says no ? I don't even know what my life I'll be if she rejects me, it's better to not even think about that now otherwise I'll lose the courage she gave me,I collect myself before taking a deep breath it's now or never,I tough before returning to the living room where she's waiting for me.

I again need to take a deep breath before,I Kneel to finally propose to her as i grab the box from my pocket I use all my willpower to even be able to speak.
"Kiriko I know I'm asking too much but, would you like to marry me ?" I could fell my soul leaving my body,I was too scared too even see her reaction,I can only hope for the best.

"Of course I accept! took you long enough!"
I think I died and somehow got sent to heaven as I heard her saying that, slowly but surely I open my eyes as I stand up,I can see Kiriko slowly getting closer tears in her eyes as she extends her hand while I put the ring in her finger.

"I'm not dreaming right Kiriko ? you truly accept someone like me ?" I said still worried, instead of speaking she just straight up kissed me I melted in the kiss,this was our most heated and passionate making out session we had I can't feel any more happier than now eventually we had to stop to recover our breath,but it didn't stop us to hug each other during minutes,if this is a dream I don't want to awake from it!

We decide to call it a day and head to bed, before eventually sleeping we exchanged love words to one another for probably one our at least, "I love you more than anything else in this universe Kiriko" I said as I gently stroke her hair, "no,I definitely love you more!" she's almost asleep but this only benefits her cuteness even more, you still want to continue this battle Kiriko ? you know you can't win! I said while she took advantage of the situation and quickly kissed me on my cheek as I blushed,she speaks "hehe,neither can you!" "you're right, let's call it a draw then" we finally started to sleep as we cuddle refusing to leat each other go,I promise you Kiriko today you just strengthened my resolve! I'll make sure to leave this damn life I wrongly choose in the past! once i can cut my previously ties I'm that "world" and I can guarantee that nothing or anyone can threaten our safety, I'll finally be honest with you.

* author's note * I'm really really sorry for posting this chapter this late I procrastinated a lot more than I would like to admit,and I played all night OW2 whit the Homies,this chapter was supposed to come out way earlier I can only hope you all enjoyed reading it tough,so thank you for spending your time reading my little silly history,and I wish everyone reading this a happy new year! and I hope your next one I'll be even better!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 3.1K 31
After spending some time on WEBTOON and reading a couple of UnOrdinary stories I decided to make my own. I don't own you I don't own UnOrdinary, Uru...
81.8K 1.7K 9
Get ready for the cuteness! This is my Medic x Reader story. There is smut and hints of masturbation. Don't be mad. I love you all. I'm sorry. I can'...
1.6K 137 10
โžค๐˜’๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฐ ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ (๐˜ฏ.) ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ...
1.1K 51 10
Steven Universe x Reader Insert (Oop, I'm making my own character lol. Enjoy.) Also I don't own any Steven Universe characters, just my own lol