THE KING (A JEON JUNGKOOK FF)

By RubieRox

A story of victims of rivalry and cruel fate.... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chpater 16

Chapter 8

10 4 0
By RubieRox

"We have come a little deeper in the forest. This is the part where we can walk around without any fear, in this huge island. You see that huge tree with the sign, none of us have crossed it. Actually only father and his few friends have crossed it when they were young. But that part is dangerous. There are many wild animals. My father's friends were killed by a tiger but only father returned alive. The fur carpet in our house, is of a cheetah that his friends hunted that day. Father keeps it to remember the quest of his friends. Since then, he has warned all of us to not enter that part. Animals from that part have not entered here till today because of the noises we make and the fire we keep in the village. Don't be brave and go past it. Just be a fool and listen to the tribes. Here itself we'll find a lot of animals like rabbits, deers, wild pigs, goats. We have to catch few of them for lunch today".

Shera explained the situation to JK. This was not something new to him. When he was young, he had heard his father talk about his hunting accomplishments. His father's study, which is his now, is adorned with the animals that his father had hunted. After JK grew up, he and Jimin, along with few ministers would often go to the forests to hunt. Now, his study includes the animals hunted by him, Jimin and Jung Hwan as well. But here, hunting is not a recreational activity for these people. It is their means of survival. The animals that they catch is to feed the tribe. JK would go hunting when he felt like. It was not frequent. But here, they had to come often.

So the tribes had many other ideas to hunt the animals. Shera took out a blowing horn that was tied to a rope on her waist. She placed it on her mouth and blew forcefully into it. The instrument made a loud sound that echoed throughout the forest. She placed it back on her waist and waited.

JK was wondering what was she doing. Waiting for answers to his questions, he also turned and looked towards the direction Shera was looking. Suddenly, the big bushes on the forest ground started ruffling to the rapid movements. JK's senses heightened. He narrowed his eyes towards the source of the sound and had a firm hold on the bow in his left hand and on the end of an arrow on his right hand, so that he'll not miss the moment to shoot the animal that pounces unannounced.

Within minutes, the sounds neared JK and Shera. JK was too busy to notice the nonchalant attitude of Shera. If only he had noticed her, he would have been saved from the embarrassment now. Few kids emerged from the thick bushes. On seeing them, JK loosened the arrow that he had kept on aim ready to shoot any minute. But his fingers slipped while retracting the string of the bow, releasing the arrow into the air whith a whoosh sound, attracting everyone's attention. The arrow fell to the ground in front of the kids, thankfully not hurting any kids, but definitely hurting JK's pride.

The kids stared back at JK. JK lowered his face trying to swallow the embarrassment. To ease the awkwardness, Shera moved away from JK and towards the kids, she stood in front of the kids. She stood to the centre, making sure to let JK know that she was their leader. JK recognised the kids. He remembered the faces that he had met, when he was being introduced to the tribals. He also noticed the aura of pride that surrounded Shera when she stood in front of the kids. He wanted to laugh, but controlled it by tightly pressing his lips together.

"This is my hunting gang. They help me lure the prey to a spot so that I can shoot it. They also help me carry the prey back to our huts after the hunt is over. Be nice to them", Shera instructed to JK. JK was slowly loosing his grip on his lips but trying to maintain it he nodded his head in agreement. "Let's get to business now, shall we?", Shera walked in the front and the little kids followed her. JK also followed her, immediately releasing a long breath he was holding, when he was sure that Shera or the kids couldn't see him and laughed without making any noise.

They all reached a huge tree. The trunk of the tree was very big, big enough to hide two average people behind it. The branches were very big, spreading wide with green leaves covering it. It was a good place to hide and shoot. This was Shera's hunting spot. The kids would lure the prey towards the tree and would signal her through the sound of the horn. She would follow the sound of the horn and the sound of the bushes and once the prey is in her sight, she would shoot it.

For now, Shera would shoot an animal that would come in her sight and all JK had to do was observe her, take in her posture and the way she shoots. It was a practice round for him. Poor Shera, only if she knew JK was already a pro.

The kids took their position. They slowly and silently searched for any animal in sight. After a few minutes, the sound of the horn was heard. Shera focused on it. Pulling an arrow out of her quiver, she pulled it with the bow string, taking aim and waiting for the prey to show. Within seconds the bushes ruffled, the prey was in sight and she took the aim, killing a big rabbit. All the kids hailed and cheered her victory, while Shera smile widely. Dramatically turning towards JK, in a way her hair spreads elegantly, she raised her eyebrows as if saying, 'Did you see how cool that was?'.

JK was actually impressed but he didn't wanted to show it and boost her ego. Instead he smiled her way showing all his bunny teeth and gave a thumbs up. Now that the practice round is over, it was JK's turn to shoot. Shera moved and stood a little behind to the right of JK.

JK's senses heightened. He was a little uncomfortable with the proximity but came back to his senses. As per her instructions, he pulled an arrow out of his quiver and took aim. She took some time observing him and corrected his posture in few places. JK was a little hurt that she tried to correct him but swallowing his pride, he played along. First, he had to shoot a fruit hanging on the nearby tree which was a piece of cake for him but he had to play dumb. After a lot of shaking his hands, pulling back and again taking aim, he finally released the arrow which took down the fruit. The kids genuinely cheered for him while Shera stood a little surprised and proud that he succeeded in his first attempt.

After many practice rounds, which JK managed to pull through very easily, now was time for the real deal. Kids were ready rooting for their new champion. Shera internally prayed for him to succeed. Only JK was calm and composed because he believed in himself. Sound of the horns were heard. JK enjoyed this moment. The adrenaline shooting in his body, increasing his concentration and excitement, strengthening his senses. In the blink of an eye a thud sound was heard and everybody halted, focusing towards the source of the sound.

Shera walked towards the sound, a little terrified, whereas JK followed her, smiling victoriously. A little further, the back end of the arrow that holds the feather, could be seen. Once near it, Shera found that the arrow had pierced the body of a wild boar. It was a big one.

On further inspection she found that not one, but two arrows were shot. There was no chance for the boar to escape. It was a clean kill. Shera was surprised to see his skills. Even though she was hunting her whole life, she had never been able to shoot two arrows at a time and JK did it in one go, taking down such a big animal. She became a little suspicious.

"How did you do that? Even I have not been able to do it. Tell me the truth. Do you know how to shoot an arrow or did you just get lucky?". JK was caught, but he had to play. It's not like he had to lie, he can tell the truth but again no one was ready to believe him. Telling the truth might just land him in trouble of answering many more questions that will follow or he had to face the wrath of an angry Cheiftan, so he decided to choose the easiest way.

"I seriously don't know. I just aimed and shot and to be on the safer side, I took two arrows at a time and shot in the same direction. Maybe it hit the boar because it was huge. It was definitely a lucky shot". After giving it a lot of thought, Shera chose to believe his words. By then the kids had arrived. Seeing the huge boar knocked out on the forest floor, the kids started jumping up and down and dashed towards JK taking him in a bear hug. JK froze but later patted their heads as the kids released him.

"That's it for today, we hunted a huge one. Tell your mothers we are having a feast for lunch today. Grab things to tie it and carry it back. Let's go", Shera announced and the kids enthusiastically searched around to find things to tie the boar with and a big stick to use to carry it back with.

JK offered to carry the animal back even though Shera insisted on helping him, such a Gentleman! On their way, the kids stuck with JK asking him many questions which he answered calmly and also playfully, in a way that kids liked. He became their favourite in a short span of time. Shera observed all of this with a proud and shy smile on her face. She was actually very happy. When her eyes met JK's, she avoided it and moved faster.

Once back to their hut, everyone was surprised seeing the huge beast laying lifeless on the floor, ready to be cooked, carved and eaten. JK was thirsty, so he went away to drink some water but he heard Shera speak so he stopped on his tracks, went behind a hut to hide himself and eavesdrop on their conversation.

Shera was whole heartedly praising JK's work today, like how it was his first time and he did incredibly well and the way he was behaving with the kids being friendly and everything. JK was smiling foolishly with pink color covering his cheeks. Replaying her words he made his way to the hut to drink water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

898K 25.4K 64
BTS Imagines❤️ *Lots of teasing *Will make you feel lonely *Just happy imagines
993 27 20
𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌.. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒈𝒐.. 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆...
121K 5.5K 69
After losing his boyfriend and gaining a stalker, Jin doesn't know what to do other than live through it. Co-writer: @Seokjeanie
230K 8.1K 74
It's a boy of tragedy. His story falls apart and comes together.