y/n x Xiao (Hiatus)

By UnknownmoonRabbit

Y/n,a graduating art and history major student attended a historical exhibition of ancient relics hosted by t... More

• Chapter 1 •
• Chapter 2 •
• Chapter 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• Chapter 5 •
• Chapter 6 •
• Chapter 6 part 1 •
• Chapter 7 •
• Chapter 8 •
• Chapter 9 •
• Chapter 10 •
• Chapter 11 •
• Chapter 12 •
• Chapter 13 •
• Chapter 15 •
• Chapter 16 •
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

• Chapter 14 •

25 1 0
By UnknownmoonRabbit

Months pass and you and Xiao have been getting along quite well, all though you feel burden that he might feel uncomfortable you also thoaght that your relationship progress positively. He was still the same with his cold type expression however, you successfully encourage him to rest up in his room. You both occasionally would lay on the same bed and end up getting tangled together like you rolling towards him and Xiao hugging you from the back or letting you lay on his chest or on his arms. When you both get up or Xiao get up first the two of you have this similar expression of being flustered red but the feeling of doing so was comfortable for Y/n and she gets accustomed to it easily as for her Xiao has this scent that is very comforting and safe.
For the Yaksha, it was no difference of what y/n and him do in the past but somehow hugging you every night, hearing your breathing and the sound of your heartbeat felt different from the Y/n he knew.

Your work in the Inn was paying you well and gave you enough savings for yourself but while you were staying in this fantasy like world you decided to travel to Liyue Harbor after hearing an information from one of the customers in the Inn that the Qixing is looking for an assistant. Of course you took it up and now your walking in the streets light up by lantern lamps street. This was your first interview in this world and you have due experience in doing assistant work but you do not know what  scope of  work does this so called 'Qixing' offer, all that you know is that the Qixing is the group of people who lead Liyue from its business and commerce.

Waiting patiently in the pavilion a small frame women with long blue hair with horns came, she is very pretty that you end up almost staring at her, "excuse me are you Ms. Y/n? Please come this way for the interview". Her melodic voice was also breathy and sirene like a night clouds soft. " excuse me?", you snap out directly and stand up confidently as possible to give a good impression. You do know that reports from people like her and the one who will interview you is much likely will judge you and give that scope of observation to the head.

You pass through the door and see a woman with ponytail style and purple hair, her eyes is as sharp as the eagle as you walk in and was signed to take your seat. " You have similar field of work you say, as well as the knowledge of arts. There are no much details or backgrounds that I should run through other than your family having a great deal of connection in Feiyun guild and the trading business as well as the business of your mother in fabrics ". The woman said  eyeing the paper so intently then back to Y/n, calm and collected.

" yes, my mother also train me in this field of fabric business. My assistant skill is also in the past where I assist my parents in their trading business when I was 14. Currently I'm working in the Wangsheng Inn as a helper in foods ", You smiled.

The interview went smoothly and the bits and pieces of your memories about the original owners childhood and hearsay was the one you answered to the first question. After the interview you walk out to the pavilion and saw a woman dress in yellow with an elderly man talking a energetic conversation, you normally wouldn't jump to anyone's conversation when the elderly man started shouting demanding for something so you step in. " Excuse me but I have to intervene, but it is slowly to cause a scene here", you apologetically point back and the elderly man retract his posture to be more dignified and cleared his throat.
" There is nothing to be alarmed Ms., I'm merely trying to convince my partner here to negotiate things". He cross his arms and you look up to the lady with a face that does not quite read thw certain mood, is he a foreigner perhaps.

" I'm sorry but I might help you, I do have a handy negotiating skills", you sounded and before the man could even say a thing the woman speak. " I want this antique as this is my belonging that sink down when the Jade chamber were thrown to Oasial years ago". She said so calmly.

Y/n eyes darted to the painting of a European style, it was in a medium size standing by the holder, you examine the paint and strokes and seem to see it was not that right, some strokes and color was more faded and disarray and faded maybe perhaps it was due to the salt water but there were no affects in the color, usually paint's color crack and flack, there were no signs of shrinking either.

" I do vouch that this is not real painting Madame". You face them both.

"What?", her hands on her waist and the look on the man's face look puzzled.

" If the painting was indeed submerged in water then there should be signs of the damage of the painting but this painting has no signs of the damage by the water especially as it is exposed years ago. ". You stated.

The lady hummed and glance to the painting rethinking of what Y/n said. The elderly man look buffled that he couldn't believe what he just heard,
" how can you know you have not seen the painting yet, have you little girl", the man said.

"Yes but, whatever it is the painting it should have been showing signs of water exposure or not have found someone cleaning the painting with a high skill and technique". You place your right hand on your waist, proud at how much you learn back in your first year arts unit that you have thoaght you have forgotten.

"If this is what indeed you say then how come you knew about this?", the woman look to you with serious look as if she wants to uncover what hides.

"Well Madame, I am an art student and I have learning about this field, this are just some basics to know about canvas and paints".  You said trying not to slip from saying something like out of this world.

"Hmm.. I believe you do have a point. You may keep it sir. The one who you bought this from is surely rip you off. Have a great night and sorry for the troubles". The elderly man cursed under his breath and walk off with the painting that he grab by the hand. You happily walk away feeling accomplish from what you did and the woman look back to you in the distance with a smirk on her face and stop you before you got to far, " You did well. I never heard about an art student are you from Fontaine? ", she ask and Y/n head started to zone on the name 'fontaine'.

" I guess others do have ability to familiarize such basics, If it were I, I would recognize such scheme tactics if it is about marketing. I understand". She overlap when she sense Y/n's zoning at the conversation that she ask.

"It is no biggy, artist poor every effort and talent to every piece and such should be respected by not making anothet piece that deceive others, it is like a mockery and a copyright". You said with enthusiasm.

The woman was pretty impressed with your words but as the day going deeper both of you had to part as you should have yo go back to the place you were staying for the night. Y/n and the woman both bid their goodbye.
On her way out she saw a woman with long blue hair and a pretty silhouette next to Xiao. How come his here in Liyue... and who is she? Is that the secretary from the Qixing... It was not intentional but your heart sink at the sight of them, you decided to shrugged it off and walk to the other path not be seen in their path but you couldn't just look away.

What can I expect, someone as the secretary of Qixing is very fit beside him, they even look good together. You thought to yourself at a second you almost lost to the feeling of being 'jealous', jealous of something you dont even understand where it started.
Might be a friend jealously, I sometimes felt that when I'm with Heizou's ex-boyfriend.

" You did not just look the other way did you, right?". The raspy voice and a low tone behind you spoke. Your hand teach to your nape and slowly stroke to where the warm breath hit. "X-Xiao", you look back at him, his eyes reflecting the small light from the lamp and moonlight that hits the water of the pavilion. " you have many question to be answered y/n. You left the Inn without telling me, I was worried you got lost. And you walk the other way even you saw me on the way home". His eyes radiates pain and his hands shakes when he grab ur wrist.

" I did not mean to disturb you. And I did not sya i was coming to the harbor because I have not seen you last night, your are always out- and- about ". You sincerely said to him and even in the pavilion area where most people gather to have breaks or watch the koi's and lotus flower while others meet for business or small conversation it seems that the people did not even exiest and both were not concern to how affectionate you both give off out in public's eye.

" come with me". He grab you by the wrist and pull you to the corner the next thing y/n know is that they were teleported in another place, high up in a mountain.  So peaceful and only chirping of birds and wind can be heard while the small rustles give a subtle nostalgia of the time you open your eyes to this world.
When your turn around a warm lips landed to yours and hand that snakes to the small of your back while the other supported your shoulder. Xiao's scent where all over your nostrils and his amber gold eyes look to you so close, his lips kissing your lips so gentle as if he was scared of breaking a fragile glass.
Your knees turn weak and and could wobble and give up any time soon while your hand restrict the movement by how you were position you still use the ounces of your energy to call him back by tapping your hand to his back which eventually he let go giving you a air.

" Wait.. Why... Why did you--"

" I kissed you Y/n because that is what your are to me. You may have forgotten many things but I'm here, I will slowly tell you and bring back what status we hold to each other". He pulled you closer to him comfortably keeping you from falling.

"I am to you, *gasp* why tell me now ". You were shocked to his words and how he unveil a truth. You would never thoaght that he is a lover to this original owner's body because of the fact that Xiao was too cold and distant to Y/n so how could I know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1K 51
Our beloved protagonist was a force of unparalleled might, a being whose power eclipsed all others that had ever graced existence. Yet, in the cruel...
4K 119 18
once born before the archon war, yet still alive. fighting for her own side and being alone but not for long. hearing wishing and pleads of people wa...
88 9 9
"The Archons can't save me now." "...Huh?" "Why are you so hot?!" "*sigh* Lilith, you truly have no filter." In a modern land, where the art of eleme...
511 77 10
There lived a girl in the quarters of the imperial palace. Her origins unknown. She wasn't of much importance except for her scholarly knowledge. Wha...