The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

15) Tension is in the air...

318 15 0
By JaneMayLily

Sophie POV

We all quickly make our way into the tribe and almost immediately split up.

Mako and I brought away the camels while Korra and her uncle went to the city centre.

"I don't like this, Mako."I say as troops walk past the stables, pushing people out of the way in the progress.

Mako doesn't answer but rather watches everything unfold.

"I'm sure Korra has it all under control."he reassures me.

A few more days pass and the tension in the tribe is getting worse every day.

Korra had a meeting with some tribe members at her home today while the rest of us all did our own things.

I was growing concerned.

The harbour was under lock down and so were all communication methods to the outside.

I tried to talk to Unalaq about that but he said that I was here to do research about the spirits and it wasn't necessary for me to report back anything to the United Nations yet.

I was walking down the street with my arm hooked into Mako's, trying to find a nice restaurant to eat.

We were both starving and all I had really done the last few days was research.

"I didn't find much about the spirits but I did find something in one of the really, really old books.Something called the hermonic convergence but it's written in old script so its going to take me a bit longer to translate it."I explain to Mako.

"Sounds interesting so does that mean straight to the library after lunch."he asks with a sigh.

"Yep or straight back to my hut, haven't decided yet."I respond and we carry on walking in comfortable silence.

We're almost at the restaurant when I hear someone frantically call out after us.

The figure runs towards us and I see that its Bolin.

"I'm so happy to see you guys!"he shouts and pulls us into a group hug.

"Uh, you all right, Bro?"I ask concerned

"No! No, I'm not all right!I can't take anymore! Listen, I don't want to live in icy bliss with Eska!"he cry's out.

"Don't make me! Oh, please, please don't make me."he shouts and starts sobbing into Mako's chest.

"Uh, hey, if you're that unhappy,just break up with her."Mako says making me snort.

"I don't think it'll be that easy bro, not with her.You need a better plan."I say shaking my head.

"Break up with her?You can do that?"Bolin asks Mako with teary eyes.

"Yeah.Guys do it all the time."Mako replies making me scoff.

Your last break up wasn't even verbal, you just ditched your first one and then played happy couple with the next.

"How?"Bolin asks.

"Just tell her you're not that into her anymore."Mako says making me scoff again.

"Oh, no, no, I don't think she'd like that."Bolin answers scared.

Woah he's actually right.

"Ending a relationship is kind of like pulling off a bloodsucking leech.You just got to rip it off and get it over with."he says making me stomp on his foot.

"Really Mako you couldn't find a better comparison than a bloodsucking leech, come on do better."I say glaring at him.

Even through I'm not the biggest fan of Eska, I'm not gonna let him call her a bloodsucking leech.

"I'm sorry okay but Bolin once you tell her how you feel you'll feel a lot better afterwards.Trust me."Mako says looking from me to Bolin.

"Thanks, Mako.Whew.I'm lucky you're so good at breaking girls' hearts."Bolin says making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, Korra better watch out."I say crossing my arms, making Mako glare at me.

I glare back at him knowing I'm damn right to be thinking that.

I still think that what he did with Asami wasn't right.

"Uh yeah, you kno- never mind."Bolin starts but stops when Mako's glare switches to him.

I feel annoyance and anger rise in me and decide to rather leave then voice anymore of my opinions.

"I'm not hungry anymore.See you guys later."I say and walk away from the two boys.

The way they see relationships is just so ugh.

How can they have a sister and tell me that they'd set any boy who hurt me on fire when they're stomping on girls' hearts left and right?

If just doesn't make sense too me.

I love them but this just bothers me.

I hear them call after me but stop when they realises I'm not turning back.

I know these aren't my relationships but I just have to defend these girls.

I feel like it's my duty to defend them from being called things like bloodsucking leeches.

Like come on, really?

I decide to walk back to my hut, carry on with my report and even tinker a bit.

I feel my stomach rumble with hungriness and decide to have a quite dinner by myself.

Not being in the mood to see anyone, specifically my brothers, and stay away from any drama.

I had skipped lunch entirely because of them and was now absolutely starving.

I walk for about 10 minutes before I see a nice restaurant.

Looks good enough.

I walk to the counter and look through their take away menu when I hear someone frantically calling my name.

I look up and try to find whoever it is but internally groan when I see it's Bolin sitting at a table with the twins, Mako and Korra.

I just wanted a evening to myself is that too much too ask?

I feel my face form a expression of annoyance and hold the menu higher to block them from my vision.

I'm going with the concept if I can't see them, they can't see me.

Hopefully they'll just think I'm a illusion in their mind.

I hear the calling stop but am interrupted again when the menu is ripped from my hands.

You got to be kidding me.

I make eye contact with Bolin and feel my eye twitch in annoyance.

"I'm hungry and angry right now, hangry, Bolin.If you don't give me back the menu right now I'll have you eating wood before your "leech" can stop me."I say looking over his shoulder to see the whole table looking at us.

"Please Sophie just join us.It'll be fun."Bolin says taking a step away from me with my menu.

"Bolin that tables looks like the optimum of torture.No.
Now, hand it over."I say taking a threatening step towards him.

"If you do this I'll buy you all the food you want."he says making me stop and think.

"And you have to participate in any three experiments of my choice."I say crossing my arms.

His shoulders slump and he nods.

"But the experiment is not allowed to risk my eyebrows burning off.I can't go through that again."he bargains putting the menu back on the counter.

"Deal."I nod and push past him.

Bolin quickly runs after me and I take a seat next Mako, which is opposite the twins and Bolin.

I let out a sigh before picking up the menu on their table.

Just as I'm about to stand up and get my food Bolin speaks up.

"Isn't this fun, huh?We never get to spend enough time together, just the six of us.So fun."he says laughing awkwardly.

"Yeah...fun.I'm getting food."I say and quickly rush off.

I fill up my bowl with soup and grab a few dumplings.

Just as I'm about to go over to the spring rolls, someone speaks up from behind me making me turn around.

"Sophie, I would like to discuss something with you."Eska says

"Uh sure Eska, What do you want to talk about?"I ask nervously.

I just wanted food.

"As to my knowledge you are highly intelligent, very different to my simple minded Bolin, which makes us becoming sisters so much easier ."she says making me almost drop my food.

"Sisters?"I ask with wide eyes.

"Yes which means that you are now my only female friend which makes you what society likes to call my BFF.It is an abbreviation for Best Friend Forever and so your duties as my best friend start with immediate effect, congratulations."she says and walks back to her brother.

I freeze for a second before grabbing my plates and storming back to the table.

Korra sees me storming towards them and says something to my brothers, making them look at me.

I quickly drop my plates on the table and grab Bolin's shoulder in a way, which I know hurts.

He starts whining, making me put a bit more pressure on it.

"Listen up, idiot.I was just promoted to being Eska's best friend forever back there and just because you can't break it off doesn't mean I'm going to spend my life being forced to be someone's friend and furfill the duties that apparently come with it.I like to have a choice who my friends are so get a grip and do something about all this."I say and let go of Bolin's shoulder who was still whining in pain.

"You guys got to save me."he says quickly, while I start slurping on my soup.

"I thought you were breaking up with her.What happened to ripping of the leech?"Mako says making me kick his shin without looking away from my food.

"I tried! But anytime I bring up the subject, she threatens to freeze me in a block of ice and feed me to dolphin-piranhas!"Bolin says making me look at him.

"That's...creative."I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"So it was more like you tugged at the Leach."Mako says crossing his arms.

"Yes, over and over and over, but it won't come off. Why didn't you warn me your cousin had the power to reach into my heart and crush my soul with her bare hands?"Bolin asks Korra.

"Uh, 'cause I though it was pretty obvious."Korra says making me nod in agreement.

"Fair enough.She doesn't just give off that vibe, she is the vibe."I say and stuff a dumpling into my mouth.

"No, no, not to me, it wasn't.I'm very bad at reading people you should know that by now."Bolin says to Korra and starts sobbing.

"Do something, Avatar!"he says making me roll my eyes.

The rest of the night goes by painfully slow but once I finish my food I find a excuse to leave before handing Bolin my bill.

"Pay up, Bro."I say as I hand it to him.

He sighs but takes it.

"Goodbye, Bestie."Eska says in a monotone voice.

"Bye"I say to her with a nod.

"Wait Sophie! Let us walk you back."Mako says before motioning to Korra who quickly nods.

"Can't have you walking out there alone at night."

He throws a few coins on the table to cover his and Korra's bill befor standing up.

Bolin was about to interject but we were already walking away.

"Bye, Bolin."we all say before we walk out the door.

"He better get this sorted before it gets out of hand."Korra says making me nod.

"I think we're getting really close to the line of defining a situation out of hand."I say and wrap my coat closer to me.

"It's Bolin, Sophie.He'll figure it out."Mako says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

We walk back to our huts and each go to our individual rooms.

I walk through my door and immediately feel a chill run through me.

I slowly walk further into my room and switch on the light.

I look every where even under my bed but find nothing.

I'm just being paranoid.

I drop my coat on my bed but keep my bracelets on.

Rather be safe then sorry.

I walk over to my desk and pull out my chair.

I grab my backpack that I had kept with me the entire time and pull my note book out.

I place my book on the table and reach for my pen where I had left it.

My hand felt nothing which made me look at the spot confused.

I know I left it there, exactly there.

I push my chair back and look around my desk to see it lying on the floor.

I pick it up and take another look around my room.

Someone was in here and they were looking through my desk.

I know that they didn't find anything because I kept all my research in my backpack for this exact situation.

I don't know who it was or what they were looking for but it can't be good.

Someone is after me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 141 8
A hundred years ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. That changed, though, after Avatar Roku died and Fire Lord Sozin launched the Great...
27K 764 19
Dear Lin, I do hope that this letter finds you well. Audrey has just turned 18 and - well I was hoping she'd at least get to meet you- I guess one ca...
52.6K 1.3K 63
"The moon's beautiful isn't it?" "Not as much as you." "You're getting more and more predictable day by day." +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...
296K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...