Fading Away....

De Starshine71

A girl comes to the town to start a new journey... everything seems to be going great... until she meets a da... Mai multe

Chapter 1 - The Dark Shadow...
Chapter 2 - Body of Mysterious Man...
Chapter 3 - Can You Remember Who You Were...?
Chapter 5 - There's Always A Calm Before the Storm...
Chapter 6 - Where There Is Anger There Is Always Pain Underneath
Chapter 7 - Crying with No Sound Hurts A Lot...
Chapter 8 - A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words...
Chapter 9 - What's Left Unsaid, Says It All....
Chapter 10 - Life is the Whisper of Death....
Chapter 11 - Everything Happens for A Reason...
Chapter 12 - Where There's Will, There's Way...
Chapter 13 - Whisper in My Ears Your Darkest Secret...
Chapter 14 - Secrets and Lies...
Chapter 15 - As I Get to Know You, You Just Get Weirder....
Chapter 16 - You Do Trust Me, Don't You?
Chapter 17 - Who You Really Are....?
Chapter 18 - Every Past Holds A Precious Memory to Treasure...
Chapter 19 - You Left... When I Need You To Stay...
Chapter 20 - I'm So Glad I Found...
Chapter 21 - An Anonymous Person...
Chapter 22 - The Dark Figure of Crime...
Chapter 23 - She Had Turned the Tables Completely....
Chapter 24 - Trust Is Earned When Actions Meet Words...
Chapter 25 - This Was the Twist I Never Expected....
Chapter 26 - Fading Away from You....
Update

Chapter 4 - Way Before the Murder...

260 46 12
De Starshine71

happy reading fellas...

Haseena stays numb and looks at the photo of Karishma Singh...gazing at it Haseena gulps in fear...

She clears her throat... "who she murdered...? and why...?"

Danish taking a seat in front of with upset face.... "she murdered a woman and 15-year-old boy.... couldn't able to bear that pain so she hanged herself.... we found the murder weapon at the abandoned house...that's how we came to know about her.... she fled from the crime scene before the police could reach and next thing, we know she was death...."

"why did she do that.... i mean what was her motive..."

"we didn't know...but some say she was here for visiting places...enjoying her vacation alone....we searched her hotel room but didn't find anything except for the murder weapon....and of course a suicide note...where she mention that she is the one killed them....and feels guilty so she took that step...after collecting evidence we closed the case once for all...as we proved everything..."

"when it had happened..."

"I think it's...uhh.....2019...yeah..."

Haseena nods her head and thinks for a while... before she could ask anything, they both hear the door knocking and sees Vinod and Riya standing with files...Haseena nods head in approval and they come inside...

"so, did you get anything..."

"no, we didn't get anything.... you told us to find any killings during the period of three to four years..." Haseena nods her head in yes... "the answer is no... there is no murder during this period...looks like the killer didn't do anything in these years to make more suspicion except for this....."says Vinod keeping the file...

"also we dig information on Bijoy Chandran...there too we didn't get anything which might help in this case....all the suspects are in the jail....there is no one which we can tell that someone from the past killed him...."says Riya..

"like I said before... Bijoy Chandran...he didn't have anyone to kill him...he was sincere in his job and made sure he put the criminals behind the bars for their crime.... i don't think someone in the past did something like that..."says Danish and all agrees to him...

"but someone did killed Mr Bijoy Chandran...we can't ignored that fact....well how long did you worked with him when he was in the force..."

Danish thinks.... "before his retirement...i got in the accident and couldn't have the strength to go around and catch the killer so he is the one recommended me to the robbery department....so that I can do my job easily not moving any places except for the crime scene...."

Haseena gets up from her seat and walks behind her chair...leaning towards it.... "then why someone killed him...there must reason behind it...i think there is more to the story...."

"but we can't prove...as nothing is coming in hand....no reports were filed in those years...there is no missing report nor a murder.... then how we can catch the killer..." ask Vinod...

"lets assume that the killer has committed the murder, but this thing has happened years ago...no one will even remember anything if they had saw the killer...he must have ran away years ago...we have found the victim here but the killer must be in some other city... isn't..? says Riya...

"she is right though.... we only have the victim here....and only evidence we have that he was murdered.... how we are going to dig the past..." ask Vinod..

"does he have any arch nemesis during the time in his force..." asked Haseena...

"no, he had no one....this town is pretty good at that time...crime rate was low during our times...and now it had increased a little bit...but that time was the golden period...."says Danish thinking about his old days....

Haseena takes a seat and thinks for a while.... "do one thing.... take Mr Bijoy Chandran photo and try to ask the people here about him.... if he was in some other place for his retirement then what was he doing in this town during last days...what ever happened it happened after he came back to this town....and if he was living here not even informing his best friend then what he was doing here in the first place...for the living he must have contacted someone to stay here...it not possible that people didn't notice him back then....otherwise our killer never would have approached to murder him...."

"point taken.... she is right...if he was in the town then he must have called me...but he didn't anything.... all I was thinking here he was somewhere else.... but the real thing is he was death all long....." says Danish...

"so, try to get the information after his retirement and talk to Dr. Swetha about his time of death...maybe this might help us in this case.... knowing the time of death, we might conclude which year he was killed and for what reason..."

all shook their head and goes from there learning Haseena alone in the cabin.... she looks at the monitor and sees Karishma face.... she zooms her photo and observers her carefully...

"seeing you no one would tell that you are murder...but as they say never judge book by their cover...seeing you in my house..i thought you might be innocent but here I am receiving different vibes about you...the real question is how you not remember anything when you are the murderer of two people..."thinks Haseena and keeping looking at her..."

Later....around 7 p.m...

Haseena opens her door with some files.... she keeps the files on the table and pours herself a glass of water.... she switches on the lights all over the house and goes to her room to get changed....

after getting fresh she thought to make something light for her to eat.... she is exhausted and all wants to sleep....

She is not good at cooking but sometimes likes to do when Haseena needs some space .... for 20 mins Haseena is busy in cooking and failed to notice something behind her.... someone peeps behind her shoulder...

"what are you cooking..." says the voice her behind her...

Jeezzz....."Haseena sacres jumps and keep her hand to her heart.....turns around to see the adorable ghost smiling at her... "you sacred me..."she yells...

"what can I say.... it's my job to scare people and I guess I am doing pretty well..."

"you think..." Haseena composes herself and Karishma giggles a little... "I almost forgot that I am practically living with the ghost...."

"hey.. don't insult me like that...okay...."says Karishma and Haseena gives her death glare.. "so what you are making..."

"why you wanna taste..."says Haseena glaring at her....

"if had the power to do that..i would love to taste...but looks like the ghost aren't allowed to have that kind of contact with real world...."says Karishma coming beside her looking at stove.... "noodles....that's a quick thinking..."

"I am tired and I don't have that energy to something else.... noodles is favourite food.... what about you...."

"noodles are my favourite too.... seeing this I feel like I am dead for decades...." says Karishma sadly...Haseena sees that small face and concentrates on cooking...

After serving herself the plate, Haseena sits on the chair and Karishma sits at the opposite...Haseena looks at her and nods her head in disbelief....

"what." ask Karishma rising her eyebrow...

"well I was thinking...how it would be if I tell the people that I am literally having dinner with the ghost.... they might think I am becoming insane..."

"first no one would believe you and second practically you are not laying....and yeah its kind of wired having dinner with human..."

"why you always have to mention me as human...you can call me by my name...."says Haseena eating her food...

"you never said you name.... nor even you introduced yourself..." says Karishma slowly with straight face and Haseena just stares at her..."

"I leaned somewhere that ghost would know everything when they comes in contact with human.... after all you are the one asking me to find about you..i thought you know me..."

"yeah, I saw some of your files in your room..."

"you checked my files..."

"I was getting bored...and don't have anyone to talk...so thought why not..."

"well usually ghost don't do such things...."Haseena teases and Karishma makes a grumpy face...

"hey...i told you before...i am new to this ghost thing...i am learning everyday....so you name is Haseena...right...." ask Karishma with smile...Haseena nods head lightly... "and you're a captain of the force..."

"so, you did figure it out everything..." ask Haseena drinking water...

"not everything...i wanted to know more from you...."says Karishma and Haseena gets little tensed by this....Karishma noticed her behaviour and thought to drop that topic... "if only you are interested..."Haseena just shook her head...and concentrates on her food...

After sitting there silent for 10 mins.... "so did you find anything on me..."

Haseena takes a deep breath and looks at the innocent face... " no I didn't...i am still working on it....."Karishma nods head in understanding way... "once I get to know about you..i let you know...." Haseena lies about it as she still afraid of her ghost thing...she doesn't trust her with anything... "but in exchange I want you to tell me who are you...and what you were doing in this town when you were alive..."

"like I said before...is don't remember anything...i tried to find answers by myself but don't get anything... it's still blank...."says Karishma with sad face..

"what about your family.... don't you have anyone in your life...."ask Haseena keenly....

Suddenly Karishma gets some blur imagines of someone but doesn't see it clearly...she closes her eyes and tries to remember but nothing comes in her mind....she opens her eyes and looks at Haseena who is gazing back at her questionably....

"no....i have no one..i just know my name....that's all....i still can't understand why I am here...if I am already death...and no one seems to be coming to find me..."says Karishma lowers her head...

Haseena finds it bad.... thought to cheer her up.... "it's okay....don't worry..i will find answers for you..."Karishma smiles a little.. then her eyes falls on the files....she slowly opens the files without touching it and Haseena gasp seeing it with her own eyes...

Karishma pulls the files in air and starts to read it....Haseena moves her chair back a little....i mean away from her....she is really frighten by this act...what if everything she learned about her is true...

what if she becomes evil and kill her.... she has seen many horror movies and don't want to end up like that where first they ask help and they kill....she should be very careful near her especially during night time....

Looking at the file... "so you are working on Bijoy Chandran...what happened to him...." Karishma ask keeping the file down on the table..

Haseena gulps in fear... "its just a case...you don't have to involve in this..."

"I know... but maybe I can help you to solve this case...then you can be free...it will be easy to find answers about me...once you I know what really happened and why I was killed...then I will be gone forever...i won't be bothering you..."

Haseena thinks for a while and tells her everything about this case...as they are in square one and thought maybe talking to someone she might get clue in this case more...Karishma listens to her silently...

"hmm...that's really interesting.... a man is murdered a years ago...and his body is found in this year...no one knows who killed him nor when he got murdered.... what ever happened it happened years ago.... the real question is why he was killed and why no one came to know about him in these years...."

"the way you talk like that I think I am trying to get something here....as if something is in front of me and I am not seeing it...."

"well you should have known before...i still can't believe you didn't get any clue in this case..."

"really... can you elaborate...do you find any clue in this case..."

"I didn't but if I were you..i would have looked for the clue not between 2019 – 2022...i would look way before 2019....before he came to this town..."

Haseena try to understand everything.... "you were saying...he working on something during his days and when he came back, someone killed him...." Karishma nods her head... "so you were telling me that on the day of his arrival...he got killed before he does something" Haseena bangs the table in excitement.... "that's why no one knew about him...he must work on something secret that got him killed...." Karishma smiles widely....

"you mean he was hiding something...."

"maybe...or maybe not.... but like you said he was working on case...but what case..."

"that's what you have to find....all you have to do is to see from different angle...if you are not getting in these years then something might have happened before...maybe that must be connected with this murder..."says Karishma firmly and Haseena nods her head....

Karishma doesn't anything more...she keeps staring at her and vanishes from there leaving Haseena alone in the dining area...Haseena takes the files and again reads it to understand perfectly...

Next day...

In the cabin...

Vinod and Riya were standing in her Cabin as Haseena called them early morning to be there as she wanted to discuss something about the current case...

"so, I know you must be thinking why I called this early morning...but if I say I found something to start off the case..."

"how..." says both Vinod and Riya in unison...

"so according to our research...no one in this town knows that Bijoy Chandran was here.... because if someone had seen him, they might have given a missing complaint about him...but what if he never stayed here...what if he was here just for one day and before he could explore the town, he got killed...and murderer buried him knowing that no one would come to know because everyone knows that..."

"he was in vacation..." says Vinod...

"exactly...."

"but why would he come back when he was enjoying his life.... he doesn't have anything left here...why he came..." says Riya still trying to understand the case...

"I think...he might be working secretly something which no one knows...."

"like a case..."

"yes....in my assumption... he must be working on this case and got information about it...so in order to clear things... he came back and thought to do little investigation...."

"so killer somehow came to know about him being here so before Bijoy Chandran confront him he killed and buried him in the deep forest.... well that's explains perfect murder...." says Riya excitedly and all smiles... "but the question remains the same when...and why..."

"instead of going with why...we can go with when...." says Haseena with stern voice...Vinod and Riya give her confused look.... " i told you to check if there was any murders between 2019 -2022... what if we check before 2019...."

"you mean way before that....."

"yes...we have been thinking that whoever killed Bijoy Chandran must be from his past but we didn't get any sign of it...as we looking at one angle...if see through another angle... what if the murders happened a way before that...well we know that nothing has happened after Bijoy Chandran death...but what if the killer murdered someone else before Bijoy Chandran's murder...."

"that's way many too handle Captain...we never thought through this...that's really huge.... how did you come up like this...?" ask Vinod in amused...

Haseena smiles thinking about Karishma... "I had my personal sources...so drop everything and work on this lead.... now I think we might get something...go for the killer not for victim.... i am possible that our killer must have left something for us..."

"roger that...." Vinod and Riya salutes her and goes from there getting all the information.... here Haseena leans on the seat still thinking about Karishma...

"my brain is convincing me that you are murderer and danger to me but my heart says you are not....i don't know what I am going to say to you when you ask me the same question again....before that I need to talk to someone...someone who would tell me after murdering two people and hanging to death...why Karishma is still here...and why she is haunting me...."

******

Waiting for the response...

Adios Amigos....

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2K 280 20
Sarah the girl who moved to US after her heart got broken by her dearest best friend and boyfriend . She wanted a new start after everything had don...
Alissa De Sanidhya Samyak

Polițiste / Thriller

169 22 14
"Years from now, Kevin Sterling will wake up in the middle of the night, think back to this exact moment and everything else that followed, down a pr...
1.1M 19.9K 14
*** The Vision was shortlisted for the Watty India Awards 2019 under the horror/paranormal category.*** This is a supernatural adventure story of Abh...
58 32 19
Warning This fiction contains: Graphic Violence | Sensitive Content "What happens if I die? Will it end the nightmare and bring me back to reality?" ...