A Senka Secret

By nachaan_

Tomathy Kraken, nephew of a commoner in L'manburg Village, is entering the elite school of Blackthorne Academ... More

zero - exordium
one - a drama in the futile
three - now, now, you need to calm down
four - i took it as a taunt
five - you're keeping a dark secret
six - it's not that simple, but he won't seem to notice
seven - each of eight fingers gripping what he wrote
eight - main character syndrome
nine - you bring the sunshine where you go
ten - i am a total fucking dumbass
eleven - i'm sorry, it's all so predictable
twelve - i'm not paranoid, i'm a realist
thirteen - his grass is the wrong shade of green

two - how's it feel to be so loved, yet so alone?

313 18 13
By nachaan_

The whole process for the application for scholarship in addition to the entrance exams has been surprisingly— easy. The getting of legal documents for the State of Blackthorne Academia Department to look over and the process of it is quick and easy. All requirements are passed before the timed and tight deadline, courtesy of his Aunt Clara and his grades for the past years are splendid, all with an average of 90 and above making the whole thing straightforward. The only thing that Tomathy Kraken is concerned about is plainly the entrance exams to which his aunt is not concerned about.

He doesn't have the confidence that Clara has shortly because he simply has doubts. His learning environment has not been that quite great compared to elite students attending private and international schools where a coherent future is seen ahead of them from an early age. He's a local public school student and therefore, prone to discrimination and underestimation especially from the higher ups. He has heard phrases that discriminate between his and his aunt's social status and he often fights back although he learned at a later rate to never make the elites your enemy.

It's where his anger towards elites grew.

But upon knowing his friends are elites that willingly befriend a commoner not out of pity, but by genuine want (after some consideration, at least)? It changes his perspective about elites, just a tiny bit. He learned not to judge a person that easily. Besides, some commoners are vile and selfish while some elites are friendly and kind, exactly opposite to what people most disagree with. It's just stereotypes, he remembered saying it.

Swerving the topic to the entrance exams, it wasn't that difficult than what people mostly say. A solving problem involving quantum physics, quadratic functions here and there, a couple word essay about the difference between mythologies and legends and about a circulated issue of the world of politics, stoichiometry, trigonometry, chromosome cells and etcetera that Tommy hates studying about.

He managed although, he's lacking in satisfaction and excitement unlike most students who pass for their dream school. He doesn't have one, who'll expect him to jump up in joy if this situation happens to them? Aunt Clara did.

"Are you seriously tearing up, right now?" Tommy deadpanned to which Clara rolled her eyes in response, it's always been her favorite. "Obviously! My nephew got into one of the best, and I mean the very best, schools in the entirety of this planet! I can't believe you did it, Tom"

"Gee, thanks for believing in me, I guess" Catching on the sarcastic tone, Clara furrowed her brows and narrowed her emerald eyes and sighed, "Oh my Prime, Tommy"

Tommy chuckled lightheartedly. "Do you have everything with you?"

"I do, I do" Tommy waved his hand, displaying his careless personality out in the open. Both are standing on the village bus stop, the blonde's heavy luggages are with him and now waiting for the school's vehicle, his pick-up to arrive. It was five in the morning, only a few local villagers passed by considering the early time to which the younger was grateful for, he didn't want to be the talk of this town.

"Books? School materials? ID? Clothes? Shoes? Uniforms? Allowance? Your soul?" Clara lists off

Tommy sighed for the umpteenth time this day, he both hates and loves it when Clara switches to her mother-hen personality. "School books are semi-complete, I still have to ask the administration office about this and my sponsor. Entertainment books are complete, how could I ever forget my source of living? School materials are complete currently, I'll also go to my sponsor as you know as the scholarship if there's anything missing. I will also still get my ID once I arrive there. There are definitely clothes in those heavy luggage unless my clothes have been accidentally dumped into the fire last evening.

I believe someone in the faculty staff will hand my uniforms out once I'll be introduced to my roommate, if I have one and my dormitory. I already received this month's allowance which is kept in the school bank, don't worry I have the card with me and lastly, no. But I'm still alive which is a miracle" he finished off with a breath.

"That's my boy" Clara smiled brightly, hugging him as she noticed a blue crossover vehicle stopping, a Blackthorne Academia sticker visible in the windshield. "I'll miss you so much"

"Don't worry, auntie. You'll still see me again" Tommy hugged her back, "I'll miss you too" Will he? Will he miss her knowing this situation is in accord with her plans? Maybe. Maybe yes, maybe not but he'll know he can't force himself to not miss her. After all, this scheme is still unidentified. He can't be so sure, yet.

"Your pick-up is now here, dear. Be good, don't get into trouble and make sure you write to your sweet old' auntie, alright? Make sure to get the latest happenings, sweetheart and make your aunt proud!" Clara yelled from a short distance as Tommy went closer to the vehicle. Tommy displayed a thumbs up, answering to whatever his aunt was yelling about. He admires her dedication, though

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you to drop you off at school?!" Clara yelled her offer, halfheartedly joking

"For the last time, Aunt Clara, I'm fucking independent! I can do it!"

"Language, Tom Tom!" Tommy fondly rolled his eyes, bidding her goodbye with a wave of his hand. Opening the vehicle's passenger seat door, he gets in as he sees the driver went out to pick his things up and placed it on the back. He closed the door with a thud, viewing the outside through a moist window. He sees his aunt and the driver casually talking while he took the boxes and placed them at the back. He can still hear their murmurs considering the open door at the back but he doesn't quite mind, it blends with the engine noises smoothly.

Leaning back at his seat, he glimpsed at the side mirror, the red-haired woman visible and a black haired man with a terrifying yet astonishing mask and his general expression. What's his next plan now that he has been accepted into this school? He groaned, he didn't really think this through. But the excitement of unleashing his inner chaos to the elites as revenge while experiencing mystery solving first hand is there and he can't wait for it all to happen. His happiness dims down slightly at the thought of interacting with the elites, the possibility of bullying and physical and verbal harassment and the judging looks that he knows he will experience when he arrives.

Neither way, he doesn't give a shit about that. Realizing at his sudden swift mood swing, he laughed a little, unsettling the driver at the sudden act. The car then suddenly moved, the sound of honking as a bid adieu to his aunt can be heard and there, Tommy knew that he was off to another chapter of his life. A chapter he's not sure what the ending and what the plot may be.

"Uh— good morning, Mister Kraken, I believe?" A deep voice startled him and his thoughts, making the blonde gasp in disbelief

"Holy mother of God, your voice is so fucking deep, dude" Tommy commented, immediately cover his mouth after his impulsivity get the best of him. "Sorry— I just- woah"

The man chuckled as steer the wheel to the right, "It's alright, kid. Name's Corpse, by the way"

"Epic name, too!" Tommy complimented, "Name's Tommy uh— is that your real name or? If you don't mind me asking"

"My full name is Corpse Husband so it's my real name" he replied casually

"Cool name? I guess" Tommy sheepishly smiled and awkwardly nodded, looking away to view his surroundings through the window, once again

"Was that your mother?" He asked, abrupting the short silence

"Oh! No, she's not. She's actually my aunt" Tommy smiled but seeing the baffling look on his face, he further explained. "My parents, they're dead"

Corpse choked from nothing but air upon hearing the saddening news, "Oh fuck— I mean, I'm sorry, for bringing it up"

"Nah, it's alright. I don't really know them that much, I was a kid when it happened" Tommy shrugged, yawning. The silence occurred again, either awkward or comfortable, both do not know. They are passing by greenery sceneries, the road covered in dry leaves as the sunlight gives the incredible hue. It was nice seeing those palm trees with coconut underneath the thick and big leaves as it signified freedom for the young blonde. Humming a tune, he tapped the window out of boredom and for entertainment. He always has struggles keeping his hands to himself.

"Do you want me to open the windows?" Corpse offered, eyes still focused on the road. As he should.

"It's up to you big man, I'm fine with or without" Although, getting that fresh air he used to will always be nice. Seemingly reading it out from his thoughts, Corpse rolled the window down by pushing a button. While the window slowly dropped down, natural and refreshing wind slowly made its way to the inside of the vehicle, blowing the two individual's hairs and faces. Tommy closed his eyes and enjoyed the calming wind, his face sticking out from the window.

Corpse glanced at him for a few seconds, chucking, "You sure do love the wind, huh?"

"What do you expect from a commoner?" the blonde strikes back, not having the time to lean and look at him. 'Do you seriously think a commoner loves the air conditioner, which we all cannot afford, and the faux breeze that comes along with it?' went unsaid, keeping his mouth shut to avoid consequences that may occur. He's not here to fight, anyways.

"Hm, true" are the only words the other said before it went back to complete silence to which Tommy is thankful for. The ride resumes back to silence, a normalcy act that Tommy and most probably the driver also got used to.

Only the howl of the wind, the crossover's engine and some vehicle's rushing through were the only ones both heard throughout the ride. The blonde doesn't know if this is better or worse as intrusive thoughts come back and intrude his once peaceful and distracted mind.

-

"We're here!" Corpse's red, unusual eyes wrinkled in delight. He seemed to be smiling, Tommy observed. The school gates opened, greeting them a wide open space with greenery and a palace-like building. The crossover vehicle passed through a bridge, a clear pool of water below them is seen. A beautiful huge fountain is in the middle of the open space, with a gray stoned owl statue on top, wings spread out wide as it greets the guests, students and faculty staff. Tommy looked at it closely and soon realized it was a great horned owl, the Blackthorne Academia crest. He let out a hum as Corpse pulled over, and stopped the engines.

Corpse unlocked the doors and stepped outside which the blonde followed suit. The wind blew against his face, the trees and its leaves swaying as if they were dancing. There are no students, as to be expected in a time like this. It was ten, almost eleven when they arrived, which is most likely a third period class in the morning for the Thorne students.

This place seems fine so why does Clara need information about this place? Based on past records, this place has the best reputation among all institutions and universities worldwide. Its students are known to be productive and well educated. No murder or any crime investigations have been conducted nor any issues towards the public and private. He crossed his arms, maybe it's the students then. He suddenly stood straight, or those reports are cover-up, hiding the real story inside and barricaded it with sweet words to prevent its highest social reputation from descending.

"Mister Kraken?" The blonde looked at him, as if he hadn't been thinking about suspicions about this school's report. "Yes big man?"

Corpse lightly chuckled at the nickname, his deep voice makes it terrifying and has a trick on his sleeve. "I'll deliver your things to your dormitory after the assigned school tour guide will introduce you to more serious things"

"Uh—right. Uhm where's the principal office?" He asked, watching the man in front of him pull out a weird rectangular item that lights up when touched. Is that what people call a phone? He tried not to peek further but it's quite difficult not to especially when you're new and ignorant in this type of thing.

"There's no need to go to the principal's office" Corpse immediately replied, earning a raised brow from Tommy. Gee, what's the rush? He was just asking. "Uh— what I mean, is that the assigned tour guide is already waiting for you, at the entrance hallway"

Suspicious. The blonde narrowed his eyes, directly staring at the man in front of him for a moment until he snapped away and smiled like nothing happened. He grabbed his dear backpack that he has been clutching to in the entire ride. He doesn't want other hands to touch it as essentials are packed inside the red backpack. "Alrighty! Thanks, big man! I'll see you around!"

"Uh— yep! See you around, Mister Kraken"

"Call me Tommy! that's so fucking formal"

As Tommy walked further, thoughts were twice again bubbling in his mind. Can all these thoughts shut up?

-

Tommy stopped, looked at his sides and finally at the back confusingly. Clutching the straps of his backpack, he asked the eccentric short person in front of him. "Hello?"

"Hi!" The short brunette waved his hand cheerfully while Tommy confusingly waved his hand back. The brunette is wearing a black blazer with a white shirt underneath and a ravenette blue tie in between the white collars. His bottom garments are black pants and loafer shoes. 'So this is the men's uniform' he narrowed his eyes, 'boring'. He didn't miss the blue pin badge with golden yellow chains, hanging in each side of the blazer's lapel. He inspected it closely as further as his eyes could see and noticed the acronym, "SC", engraved in the circle shape pin. Tommy wonders what's his position in the student council.

"You're my tour guide?"

"Yup! I'm Tobias Underscore however, you can call me Tubbo!" The said brunette replied, his cheer still present in his tone. "And I'll be your tour guide for today!"

"I'm Tommy" The said person grinned, offering a hand to the other which he happily accepted with a simple formal shake. "By the way, what's your student council position?"

The other seems taken back, "How did you know?"

"It's literally in your blue thingy badge bitch" Tommy deadpanned. Seeing the incredulous expression still in this Tubbo person's face, he continued with a slight disappointment expression. He thought the elites have better education and thus, intelligence but guess his assumption is wrong. "The SC? That is engraved in your badge, thing? Seems familiar?"

Tubbo tilted his head but lit up when he finally understood what the blonde person meant, "Oh! This blue badge in my lapel, you mean? I'm surprised you noticed it!"

"Are you underestimating me?" Tommy blunts as he strutted across the room, as if the surroundings are familiar to him. Tubbo couldn't help but follow suit, surprised at the fearless action of the commoner, not that he was discriminating. Most commoners (despite its seemingly harsh term, he means good) and even some elites that he described as ignorant and naive that visits the place seem clueless about the importance of the badges students are wearing. Either Tommy reads the Blackthorne Academia history books or he just has clear vision and good observation skills.

"No! Of course not!" Tubbo hurriedly replied, "I'm just surprised you were able to see the small font here in my badge. I can't help but say you have good vision"

"Obviously" Tommy playfully scoffed, "I'm the best!"

Tubbo awkwardly laughed, "Right. Uhm— I'm the student body mayor, in charge of the minor school issues and prioritize students. Basically like the president but only managed the inner issues"

"Uh huh" Tommy nodded, looking around as Tubbo rambled. Chandeliers are hanging above, the main hallway's source light, massive and wide staircase with red carpet draped on the steps is placed in the middle, it's sides are doorways to another room at the further back and the place's windows that brings natural daylight inside the room is taller than any ordinary person.

"Let's start on the ground floor and let's make our way above, is that alright?" Tubbo turned around, asking the new student who nodded in response. "Okie dokie! Let's start this tour, shall we?"

-

"Blackthorne Academia, originally named Masquerade Escapade Conservatory, was built during the 1600's by Sir Billiam III and this place was originally an all-boy's institution. However, Sir Billiam III treated the people here horribly which some may also added that he created a cult here with its students as members but, there is no proof and evidence just yet. After some years, Madame Alyssa Taken Echethier managed to defeat Sir Billam's reign during the 1650's, changed the property name and generally changed everything for the better. Famous changes such as changing this all boy school to everyone's school and changing it's corrupted state, are noted in historical articles to this day" Tubbo finished with a breath at the end.

"You can read more in the library, specifically in the School History section, if you are interested" Tubbo clasped his hand, "Now, let's move on to the student council! My favorite part!"

"Because you're in it?" Tommy asked in a blunt manner to which made Tubbo flushed in embarrassment, caught red-handed. "Uhm—maybe?"

"Anyways! Please shut up as I'm going to rant. Feel free to stop me if it's too boring for you" Tubbo offered. Tommy rolled his eyes, 'I'm going to do that anyway with or without that suggestion'

"Now, the supreme student government consists of ten roles with officially, 14 members. The president, Dream Clay Wastakenn, is basically the leader to whom everyone needs to be respectful to whether they want it, or not, else those people who will go against his agenda will suffer consequences with the support of the advisors. He has two appointed assistants that help with reminding and making sure he's not overwhelmed with the task. Those two are George Notfound and Nicholas Sapnap Diamond, his best buddies!"

"Tell me, is George and Dream dating?"

Tubbo stopped, looked at him in disbelief, "What the fuck dude"

"What?" Tommy answered, confused

"How do you know?" Tubbo exclaimed, shocked

"It's a good ship name when their names are combined. So they are really dating?" Tommy shrugged. It was a wild guess, why so serious?

"Yes and only good friends know! How did a new student know about that?" Oh. So that's the fuzz, they didn't come out yet. Tommy twice again shrugged, "Wild guess, I guess"

Tubbo's jaw hangs open, Tommy is concerned about the possibility of a fly managing to get in. That'll be disgusting. The brunette finally closed his mouth and slowly took a step forward then walked continuously. "Uhm— anyways, the Vice President Apollo William Crafton, or Wilbur Soot presides over the Student Council meetings in the absence of the president. His assistant is Lycomedes Technoblade Crafton or simply Techno, which helps him in duties as well"

"There's the Secretary Quackity, which basically manages the files and all. Then the Sergeant at Arms, Justin Time Amadeo, or Timedeo who ensures that all bylaws and traditions are respected by everyone and greets the important guests, he's the strictest one in the council so better be cautious around him. Not only that, he's a troublemaker despite his role"

"Do you hate him or something?" Tommy questioned, amused

"Uh— no? He just irritates me, that's all" Tubbo waved his hand, waving the concern (which is actually not. Tommy, on the other hand, is amused and entertained at the two's frenemies relationship). "Next is the Fundraising Officer or can also be called the Auditor, is managed by my good friend, Ranboo Beloved who manages the school's and club funds, sponsorships and etcetera that involves money spending. A tough job, I can say.

Next is the Treasurer Fundy Echethier and yes, related to Madame Alyssa herself! Ranboo is in charge with the management of how much money is being spent, Fundy, on the other hand is in charge with the budget tracking. Also, a difficult job"

"Why does it feel like Fundy is somehow involved with Dream and George's relationship?"

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Tubbo, exclaimed, again. "HOW DO YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?"

"Oh? Am I right?"

"YES YOU'RE RIGHT YOU MOTHERFUCKING PSYCHIC!"

"No need to curse me out, big man" Tommy raised his hand, pleading innocence

Tubbo paused for a short while and sighed, clutching his chest while shaking his head, "Fundy was in a relationship with Dream before the whole DNF, which is the shortened ship name of George and Dream's yet ended a week after it was revealed because Dream was losing interest—"

"Yikes" Tommy grimaced, expressing his expression

"Yeah— but they're fine now though. Fundy found himself in a relationship again, now healthier" Tubbo furrowed his eyebrows, "Why the hell am I telling you this?"

"Because I'm Tommyinnit?" Tommy jokes

"Don't tell anyone about that, am I clear?" The atmosphere immediately changed as Tubbo stared at him seriously with a sullen gaze. Shivers practically allowed themselves to crawl on Tommy's skin, shaking so suddenly. Who knew this short person could be so terrifying?

"Yes sir"

"Good" Tubbo closed his eyes, letting himself calm down for a minute or two. "Now, let's move on"

"There's more?" Tommy dramatically cried, exhausted in this whole student council information

Tubbo paid him no mind as he continued, "Representatives Niki Merling Nihachu and Jack Blaze Manifold, representing the views and opinions of the Thorne students. Student Council Historian, Karl Jacobs, in charge of documenting the school newspaper, president of the journalism team and is responsible to contact the local media whenever important information needs to be presented to the public. For such instances, the scholarship report!"

Tommy visibly yawned which Tubbo thankfully didn't notice, when does this torture ends? Both stop in front of a ravenette blue color parisian door, a plank wooden sign that displays the text, "The Dormitories". Tubbo opened the two-way door, another hallway with doors facing each other on each side. A portrait of, who Tommy assumed to be Madame Alyssa Taken Echethier, is displayed at the back, specifically at the middle end of the hallway.

"Next is the Student Body Mayor which is me, hello! I have already briefly explained to you my job and roles earlier, hope you remember that as I'm going to the next and last student council role which is the Student Body Vice Mayor that simply helps and substitutes me whenever I'm absent" Tubbo clapped his hands, Tommy obliviously followed suit. Seriously, what's wrong with these elites? They are so fucking weird!

"And we're finished!" Tommy sighed in relief, watching Tubbo grin as he continued to walk to the farthest door. Both stopped and looked at the left, freshly painted caviar door. Tubbo gave him the door's key, "Here's your key. Don't hesitate to ask a duplicate in the dormitory reception or the residence hall supervisor! Corpse already messaged me that your things are already in there so you better start unpacking! The school necessities are already inside your room such as the uniforms, materials and the class schedule. By the way, you don't have to worry about missing classes right now since today is just a meet and greet for the teachers and students. Classes will officially start tomorrow. If there are any questions, contract me through this"

He gave Tommy the device that looks exactly like the one Corpse was using. A device that's very much expensive to freely hand out. "You're giving me this? What the hell?"

"Yup! It's from your scholarship sponsor, free of charge! It's basically used for contacting so there's no need to owl a letter"

"I—"

"You do know how to use that right?"

Tommy looked at him in the best deadpan expression he could muster (not that it needs practicing, anyways). "Oh definitely"

"Great!" Tubbo placed his hands on his back, "I'll be off now! See you later or tomorrow!"

"Wait– Tubs, can I call you that? Anyways, why haven't I seen the principal around? Isn't he, or she— the one who was supposed to introduce me here?"

Tubbo tensed up which he hopes it's not that visible. Tommy noticed it in a millisecond, anyway. "He's usually not present around here, normally busy with outside work. The faculty staff is also busy, not wanting to be disturbed and involved in a small business such as this. That's the reason why the supreme student council government was made and elected" Tubbo looked at him in the eye, his blue pupils switching directions rapidly. From right to left and from left to right. Is that fear or a sense of frighten? Tommy mentally asked himself, what the fuck?

"Anywho, I'll be late for classes so bye!" He gently closed the dormitory door and rushed off to his own destination, not looking suspicious at all. Why does it seem like the principal is terrifying here?

He sighed, stopping when he noticed the given phone in his hand. He groaned, fucking shit how will this thing works?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 2K 22
Dream is well like in school he's a poplar boy and very well simped for, tall strong smart.. everything you'd possibly could want in a boy, amazing...
31.3K 1K 12
Based on Teefumz art, a dsmp football au. (Also high school au, so everyone is around the same age) The whole town was excited, the news spread like...
26.7K 1.2K 21
Tommy had gotten away from Dream in the canon universe, but in another Tommy was caught and turned into a living punching bag and, kinda, an experime...
1.2M 45.9K 40
Meant to be yours || Technoblade x Reader series. Y/N was a twenty year old girl who is a part of the Dream Team, she was a wise builder and a trap s...