Growing Up

By siennaaa44

After James and Lily Potter are tragically murdered, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black are left with the task of r... More

Part 1.
Part 2.
Part 3.
Part 4.
Part 5.
Part 6.
Part 7.
Part 8.
Part 9.
Part 10.
Part 11.
Part 12.
Part 13.
Part 14.
Part 15.
Part 16.
Part 17.
Part 18.
Part 19.
Part 20.
Part 21.
Part 22.
Part 23.
Part 24.
Part 25.
Part 26.
Part 27.
Part 28.
Part 29.
Part 30.
Part 31.
Part 32.
Part 33.
Part 34.
Part 35.
Part 36*
Part 37.
Part 38.
Part 39.
Part 40.
Part 41.
Part 42.
Part 43.
Part 44.
Part 45.
Part 46.
Part 47.
Part 48.
Part 49.
Part 50.
Part 51.
Part 52.
Part 53.
Part 54
Part 55.
Part 56.
Part 57.
Part 58.
Part 59.
Part 60.
Part 62.
Part 63.
Part 64.
Part 65.
Part 66.
Part 67.
Part 68.
Part 69.
Part 70.
Part 71.
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74.
Part 75.
Part 76.
Part 77.
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80.
Part 81.
Part 82.
Part 83.
Part 84.
Part 85.
Part 86.

Part 61.

285 13 7
By siennaaa44

At first, Sirius couldn't tell if sleep deprivation was causing him to hallucinate.

Bellatrix Lestrange was at his door.

"Sirius?" Kreacher called again, this time louder.

Bellatrix Lestrange was at his front door.

"Oh, fuck!"

Sirius ran so fast down the stair he thought he would've tripped. His hand gripped the railing as he feverishly watched his steps.

He put his hand on the door handle and twisted it, his stomach twisting with it.

Bellatrix stood at the door with her hands folded, her fingers laced together amidst the rings on every finger. She wore a long black dress with a lace long sleeve shirt. Her face looked young and bright, that would be a first.

"Cousin Sirius!" She screeched, her manic eyes piercing him.

Bella hadn't changed much. Her crazy black hair was still the same and her smile still had that feral look as it had so many years ago.

"Bellatrix!" Sirius responded with careful confidence.

She pulled him into a hug as he returned it cautiously, inching away. Something was wrong. Their family were not people who hugged. Normally it was a handshake or a bow of the head. Never a hug.

He opened the door to her, hoping she wouldn't blow up his house or jinx him for fun.

"Looks the same." Her eyes darted around the room.

"Yeah, didn't have the heart to change it. Plus, Regulus and Mother would kill me." Sirius backed away and grabbed the coffee pot.

"Lucy is here? And Walburga?"

Lucy was Regulus' nickname when he was a kid, it's a long story. It brought back memories, too many to count. Sirius shook off the chill creeping up his spine.

He tilted his head up to the left as he poured his coffee. "In the portrait room."

"Oh," She stood still as she continued on looking. "Right."

Her eye caught the blue rooms and bright colors to the right of the parlor and walked closer. She knew it was unnatural, as all of the rooms were either a black or grey.

Sirius saw his cousin walk over to Harry's room with her claws out, reaching for the door.

"No-" Sirius yelped and ran towards her.

Bella's long fingernails scratched the door as she pushed it open, peeking inside.

Harry lie there with his back towards them, snoring softly like his father used to.

"Relax, i won't hurt the boy."

"Huh, yeah. You said that about Lucy, too."

Sirius grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. To their surprise, Remus was standing there.

He blinked at the two silently like he had foreseen this. A mixture of a hangover and shock probably triggered this response. His face was wiped clean of emotion as he scanned the two.

"Moony! This is- uhm-"

Remus held up his hand. "Shh, too loud," Grumbling, he rubbed his temples and walked over to the coffee pot.

Remus took a breath in and let a long sigh out, pouring the coffee into the large mug that sat comfortably in his hands.

"Why is Bellatrix Lestrange standing in my kitchen?"

Bella turned her head to Sirius as his eyes widened.

"Well, i suppose i should explain myself," She rocked on her heels anxiously as if she had something to be afraid of.

"I'm getting married. And i know we have past... issues-"

Sirius scoffed but let her continue.

"It's tradition to tell someone from our family about the union. Narcissa has shunned me, Andy thinks i'm crazy,"

Sirius smiled at the thought of his cousin Andromeda. She was the only one he truly liked. She ran off with a muggle a few years back and he hadn't seen her since.

Bellatrix sighed and turned to him, her lips pursed.
"You're the fuckup. I knew you, of all people, would understand."

Remus stood at the two in front of him and realized how similar they were. They stood the same, that over-confident posture. Their hair stayed messy, Sirius' only slightly more put together. It was astonishing what a different environment can do to a child.

"Well, you've come to the right place," Sirius' face stayed smooth. "Who is it you're marrying?"

Bella smiled wide and rocked on her feet. "His name is Tom, he's a Slytherin, unlike you."

"You're pushing it." Sirius smiled lightly, an eyebrow raised.

"He's nice," She spoke as she looked down. "You wouldn't like him."

"Then he's probably great for you."

Remus stared at the two wide-eyed as he looked back and forth. He tried to focus on the warmth of his coffee cup than the horrifying similarities.

Amidst the odd conversation that he never thought would be held in his kitchen, soft footsteps behind him startled the group.

Harry rubbed his eyes with his knuckles, a brown stag stuffed animal hanging from his other hand.

"Who are you?" Harry asked quietly, glaring curiously at the witch-looking woman in front of him.

"Hi..?"

"Harry"

"Harry! Im Bellatrix, Sirius' cousin."

Bella kneeled down in front of him with her hands on her knees. She bared her sharp teeth at him attempting at what was supposed to be a smile.

"I don't like her near him." Remus whispered, leaning over to Sirius.

"Yeah, I'm not sure how much I like it either."

Harry looked at her like she had just smacked him. He glared at her silently.

Harry momentarily ignored the witch in front of him and finally turned to Sirius and smiled.
"You've got real family?"

***

The rest of the night was well, other than the slowly increasing look of concern weighing down Sirius' face.

Remus tried bumping into him and asking what was wrong, but he just waved him off every time.

Even as they ate, his eyes scanned Bellatrix's entire body in silence, hiding from the words he wanted to say.

Harry ate slowly, switching glares between Remus and Sirius who wouldn't tell him anything.

Sirius put his fork down and pushed the plate away from him.

"Bella. You came here for a reason."

Her eyes darted around the room as she nodded.

"Me and Remus are getting married too. Id like for you to be there, you know, the family thing and all."

Bellatrix adopted the same switching glance that Harry had, except he had expected it.

"Wait, really?"

He nodded, smiling.

Sirius looked over at the empty hallway that passed through the family tree room, feeling the quiet burn throughout his chest. Picturing the scribbled picture of himself that Harry had drawn years ago and taped it to his burned name made him remember what he was talking about before.

"I want you to come."

Remus looked at Sirius like a deer watching its dreadful fate through a bright headlight. Bellatrix would ruin his wedding if she had the chance, she could blow up his house if she wanted to that instant.

A soft glow shone through out of her cracked peculiar persona. She smiled softly, almost looking happy for her cousin.

"My baby cousin, finally getting married." Her sharp teeth glistened in the light.

"I never thought anyone would marry you, broken and all. That same goes for me."

Sirius scoffed and rolled his eyes playfully, picking up his drink.

"Well, i don't mind too much." Remus grabbed his hand under the table and watched him from the side. "Broken and all."

Word count: 1226

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 44 56
It all started to make sense to Sirius, bit by bit. He wanted desperately to be himself, to belong somewhere and be excepted as himself, "But how do...
825 11 50
It has been Twelve years since the death of her brother James and his wife Lily, leaving behind a son whom they've named Harry and both Remus and Ros...
12.4K 217 27
It all started in Harry's 5th year he saw her at headquarters for the order, well more like crashed in the middle of a meeting. Nobody knew where she...
5.1K 263 47
Book 6 When Peter Pettigrew escapes from Azkaban, the Lupin household fears for their lives, and the possible return of Voldemort. In Response, Siriu...