Summer Shower

By AuroraHarlow

Rainy fights aren't uncommon between the Byers boy and Wheeler boy. Such as the one in the summer of 1985. Bu... More

Rainy Kisses

10 0 0
By AuroraHarlow

~*~

"When you cycled by here began all my dreams, the saddest part I've ever seen. and you never knew how much I really liked you."

~*~

I clash onto my bed.

It's the weekend before the last week of senior year.

I soon would move to New York to go to NYU.

All the party is breaking up.

We are throwing a party, a goodbye party.

As much as I don't want to say it I'll miss this shitty town. So many crappy memories such as getting kidnapped.

It's been years and I still haven't told Mike how I feel. This is my last chance.

We are gonna reveal what college were going to.

I'm excited but I can't shake the thought of the party being split up. What am I gonna do without them?

I can't make friends by myself so I wonder how this is gonna go for me. A knock takes me out of my self-pity.

"Wanna hit the road?" Jane asked as she opened the door a sliver.

I nodded as I took my car keys off my bedside table.

I got in the car followed by an extremely excited El.

"You excited about the party?" I questioned.

You could barely call it a party, it's more of a meet-up.

Jane nodded with a huge smile.

I pulled out of the driveway noticing a smile forming on my face.

We pulled up to Mike's house.

Which for some reason i was not excited to be at. Way to many memories and Mike...

We got up and walked to the door. Before we could even knock Lucas opened the door.

"Max! Jane is here." Lucas yelled.

Max ran towards the door with her guide dog.

She threw her arms up and El engulfed her in a hug.

After the things that went down in ninth grade, Max has been blind. She's still getting used to it but she's doing swell.

I walk in and I'm met by the brown eyes that I usually get lost in.

"Will." Mike exclaimed as he patted my back.

He hasn't hugged me since the day I moved to California. If I knew he would do that then I would have savored the hug.

He and I have gotten closer since Jane and him broke up in tenth grade. I smile at him as I go over to the snack bar.

His parents are out of town.

"Will! You took so long to get here." Holly yelled as she ran down the stairs.

"Holly, you promised to stay upstairs." Mike stated in a disapproving tone.

"But Will." Holly stated as she made a puppy face.

"Hi, Holly." I laughed.

"I'm gonna miss you a 10." Holly pouted.

"Hey! you said you would miss me a 3." Mike yelled from across the room.

"Because you're not Will." Holly yelled back.

"Hol, be nice to your brother." I stated trying not to laugh.

"Your only saying that since your practically dating." Holly stated as she looked me dead in the eyes.

Mike choked on his drink.

"Upstairs." Mike yelled.

he yelled pretty loud that it shocked everyone in the room.

Holly crossed her arms as she stomped up the stairs.

I was speechless.

"She's just nine she doesn't know any better." I stated.

"She knows better, trust me." Mike spoke.

Somehow Mike has made his way over to me.

Lucas and Dustin were talking as Max and El were talking.

"Are you excited about college?" Mike asked.

I shook my head.

"Why." Mike questioned.

"You guys are all I've ever known and now I have to leave you guys and I don't want to." I shared.

"It's not like we're gonna die we will still see you don't worry." Mike spoke with a little laugh.

I laughed a little.

I took Mike's cup from his hand and sipped it.

"Vodka lemonade? Basic." I laughed.

Mike clutched his chest and gasped.

"Rude." He laughed.

The once cloudy sky was now raining. it was going down hard.

"Hey Jane, I'm gonna drink so I trust you with driving." I stated as I tossed the keys to her.

She smiled as she nodded. she caught the keys and kept talking.

"let me guess. you're gonna get a rum and coke like an old man." Mike stated.

"it's a classic and really good but no." I laughed as I took his cup again.

"I'm just gonna keep stealing your cup." I stated as Mike laughed.

we all sat in a circle.

"I'm going to Bloomfield College." Max happily exclaimed.

"I'm going to Fisher College." Lucas stated.

"Is that where you learn to be a fisher." Dustin jokingly asked.

"You're so funny. I'm so ready to leave you." Lucas sneered with a straight face.

"I'm going to Colombia University." Dustin exclaimed.

I felt excited knowing that Colombia University was only 32 minutes away from NYU. I spent all night searching all the colleges in New York just in case someone else was going.

"I'm going to Dean College." Jane excitedly stated.

"I'm going to NYU." I stated trying to hide my excitement.

We all looked at Mike.

"I wanna keep mine secret for a little." Mike laughed.

After some peer pressure we finally gave up.

"Spin the bottle anyone?" Dustin suggested.

After some spins it finally hit me. Lucas spun on me. We laughed as he took my collar and pulled me in. Our kiss was only five seconds. But I guess that was enough to make Mike mad for some reason. I don't understand but all I see is his angry face as he gets up. He goes outside. We all look at each other then I nod notifying them that I'll go check on him.

I open the door and sit next to him on the porch step.

"Are you okay?" I ask cautiously.

He says something incoherently.

"can you just leave." is all I made out.

"Tell me what's wrong then I will leave." I stated.

Mike leaned onto the side of the house.

"Leave."

"No" We went back and forth till I was sick of it.

"Mike just tell me and stop acting like a kid." I blurted out.

"Says you." Mike mumbled.

"What." I asked.

"You heard me. You have to act like a kid every day-" Mike started but I swiftly cut him off.

"That's enough." I stated as I stumbled up.

I patted my pockets for my keys.

"Gave them to Jane." Mike laughed.

I was already covered in the rain so what's a little more? I started walking home. I heard scuffled running till someone grabbed my arm.

"You didn't let me finish." Mike slurred.

"I don't want you to finish that sentence." I shared trying to grab my arm away.

"Will, I really need to get off my chest before we go off to college." Mike begged as his grip on my arm got tighter.

his husky, sincere voice pierced me.

"It seems like you've gotten enough off your chest." I whispered.

Mike vigorously shook his head.

"let... let me finish." Mike pleaded.

"Mike, I also need to get something off my chest." I reported.

Mike stared at me waiting for my next move.

"Why haven't you hugged me since the day I moved?" I asked.

Mike looks dumbfounded.

"I- Um, I'm sure I have hugged you since then." Mike stated as he tried to laugh it off.

"You haven't. You haven't even said sorry for most messed up stuff you have done." I laughed maniacally.

"What?" Mike asked a little above a whisper.

"Does 'my life started the day I met you in the woods' ring any bells?" I questioned.

I swung my hand away from him and started walking around.

"Go back to the party they are probably waiting for you." I stated.

I heard footsteps run toward me.

"Will, please you know I didn't mean it." Mike shouted trying to make his voice heard over the thunder.

"Do I?" I questioned.

I yelled insanely loud. I swung toward and saw his tear-stricken face. I could tell it was tears and not rain.

"Will..." Mike trembled.

A shiver went through my body.

He took me in his arms. As much as I tried to fight the hug I decided to just give up and melted into his hug. His embrace was warm and just what I needed in this cold, wet weather. I cried into the crook of his neck. He slowly caressed my back until he pulled back to look at my face.

"May I finish?" He asked as he took his soaking jacket and put it on me.

I nodded.

"That's why I love you. You don't try to fit in." Mike finished.

He set his hands on my cheeks. I nodded as he slowly pulled me into a kiss. My arms grabbed the back of his wet shirt. The kiss was short but it felt like my life rebuilt itself.

"Oh also see you at NYU." Mike spoke an inch away from my face.

his cheeky smirk reappeared on his face.

He took my hand as he led me back to his house. He took a towel and wrapped it around me. I finally felt happiness knowing Mike and I would be inseparable from now until the end of the world.

Author's Note:

Hey loves! The description kind of sums this all up. I'm gonna do a bunch of prompts because I'm bored. anyways be safe, I'm proud of you, and have a great day! love ya!

word count:1595

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 240K 98
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
979K 87.8K 39
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...