The Altercation Of The Heart

By TheGoddessPeitho

🚫WARNING: MATURE CONTENT 🚫 "Eye contact with King Silas is forbidden" One rule, just one rule that all the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
New Book Alert ⚠️

Chapter 28

2.4K 59 20
By TheGoddessPeitho

"How can I be your daughter? Ma, how is this possible?"

"Please Emmeline forgive me," Alice begged.

"That is what she told me too." Esme spoke calmly with her arms crossed and her brow raised, slouched on one of the chairs in Silas' office.

"Emmeline please," Alice sobbed.

Silas, who sat at his desk, shook his head at the scene taking place. He had no opinion on the matter as it was nothing to do with him but the fact that this information was presented in court allowed for Emmeline to escape with a 'slap on the wrist'. Silas kept thinking of the love he almost lost.

It was inevitable that this argument was going to occur in the family but little did Elias know how things would go. He stood ready to defend Alice regardless of the wrong she did against him.

He had forgiven the fact that he was deprived of seeing both girls grow, taking their first steps and having the opportunity to build a relationship with them from a young age. There was nothing he could do but now he found Alice and his daughters he wasn't letting anyone go.

In her panic, Alice kept repeating the same thing over and over, leading to Emmeline's frustration and Esme's emotional absence. Elias embraced her and she calmed down while Emmeline spoke.

"Look, Ma, you keep saying that we should forgive you but you are not explaining anything. Please Ma just tell us what happened."

Silas stood and made his way to Emmeline who was sat on a sofa with her hands clasped in her lap as sadness covered her face but curiosity in her eyes. He sat next to her and held her hands in her lap and his other arm resting on the sofa behind her.

Finally took herself out of the hug and explained, "Me and Elias have known eachother since we were young, my mother was a maid and worked in the castle. We were inseparable from then until I left. To make a long story short, I got pregnant with you Em and Elias had told me that I needn't worry and that he'd look after me. Of course he kept him word from the moment you were conceived and even after you were born. Then I had you, Esme a few years later after coming to Energia but before you were born Elias' father had passed away and he had to take over to rule the kingdom. He promised that he would marry me and make me Queen but people started to talk and rumours started flying round. It got to the point where someone attempted to kill me, while I was walking home from work. You girls were too important to me so I took the decision to flee and come to Energia where I have kept you two safe. I thought Elias would have forgotten about me and had an arranged marriage." She paused and breathed out, "All I wanted was you girls to be safe. However, when years passed and my health started to decline, it wasn't just because of my weak immune system, it was also from heartbreak and the lack of self care. I didn't realise that leaving Elias behind was going to take a toll on my body."

A tear shed from Emmeline and Esme looked down, staring into space but still listening. She regretted her reaction to knowing about Elias being her father, had she known that someone tried to kill her in her helpless state then she would have shown her mother some respect but just like Elias she had forgiven her mother and accepted the truth a long time ago.

Being a young girl and having people at school ask of your father who did not seem to exist or (at that time she thought) having a father that didn't care and was prepared to leave, still hurt the same. The words from the other children scarred her ears and felt drawn on her body. However the same scars she had learned to accept since nothing could be done to change it.

Silas kissed Emmeline's temple and went back to his desk to look at some paperwork while the family had their moment. When he looked up, he saw that they had hugged each other into a tight embrace including Elias.

After a a few hours of general talk amongst the family, Emmeline glanced over her shoulder to see Silas still working;observing and signing documents. She smiled went she heard a knock at the door and a maid letting them know that dinner was ready.

"We will take the lead, i'm sure your mother is hungry from the trip." Elias hinted to give Emmeline and Silas some time alone.

"Yes, Silas and I will meet you in the dining  room."

Emmeline walked over to Silas' desk, her finger lightly touched the designs on the table as she stopped by the side of his chair. Her head tilted and her eyes smiled at the sight of Silas.

"Hello," She said.

Silas' head snapped to look at her, he had been in such deep concentration that he hadn't noticed that the rest of the family had gone to dinner and Emmeline was next to him. He pushed his chair back to create space to bring Emmeline to sit on his lap.

"Hello, how are you?" He smiled and tucked a piece of hair strand.

"Better, knowing that i'm not going to be beheaded, banished or away from you." 

Silas smiled and kissed her lightly. His arms tightened around her waist and he saw the concern on her face.

"What is wrong? You seem worried." Silas said. "The trial is over."

"I know it is over. Let's go and eat, i'm sure dinner is waiting."

"Please tell me what has your thoughts." Silas Paused. "Please."

"I may be with child, my um womanly cycle is now two weeks late." Emmeline gulped in nervousness, "Also, now that the trial is over with where does it leave us?"

Silas hand immediately went to her womb and he spoke thoughtfully, "All I want is for you to be my Queen, to rule beside me, bare my children and buy you the finest things and to take you to places with amazing views. I want to grow old with you and to embrace you every chance I get. I still love you the same as I did before the trial. Now what is it you want, Emme?"

"Silas all I want is you." Her emotions seem to be overpowering to the point her happiness made her sob, "I love you too. I'm sorry, this is not sadness. I have no idea why I am crying."

"Don't apologise, it is quite alright. I would cry with happiness too if i found that the most handsome man was about to propose to me." Silas smiled and proceeded to stand. Emmeline's face filled with shock and Silas got down on one knee. "I was hoping to propose in our secret garden but I do not think anything can go as perfectly as you plan it."

"Yes!Yes! I will marry you."

Silas put on a unique ring that had a swirl of ruby and emerald on Emmeline ring finger. He kissed her hand and got up to kiss her lips.

"My love, Emmeline, we travelled a journey but made it to our destination and my heart will alway be with you."

Emmeline smiled and kissed Silas again. His hand began to trail down her body before Emmeline pulled away.

"We should go and eat, Silas. The maid called us down 20 minutes ago." She said.

"Alright, alright. But this will be continued." Silas promised and Emmeline laughed leading him to the dining room.

Walking through the corridor as a future Queen felt different to Emmeline as walking through them as a maid meant the fact that she had a destination to get to to be ordered around. Not that the shift of power would ever lead to Emmeline to treat someone cruelly but it just felt different. As if confidence had entered her body suddenly, confidence that she didn't have before.

They arrived at the dining room and made their way to their seats.

Emmeline sat in the seat that was previously occupied by Zella. She looked to the side of the room where she use to stand after dinner had been served.

She then realised she loved Silas from the moment they made eye contact.

Silas held Emmeline's hand and smiled both knowing that this was the beginning of their story. A story that will be told to generations on end. A beginning of a great rule from two royal who loved each other dearly.

The End .

——————————-
Thank you for reading this book, when I started it was around march time of 2022 but now I'm happy that I have completed another story for other to enjoy.  I wanted a book like this and thought why not write one myself.  I wouldn't say that my writing skills are perfect but as long as you understood the concept and liked it then, that's all I can ask.

So it's time for another story concept that's been brewing in my mind. So another book is on it's way. Follow me so that you don't miss the launch of that book.❤️

Thank you and have Happy new year!

~Peitho

Finished:01/01/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 747 36
Sweet, shy and kind Alette Samson hasn't been dealt the best cards in life but she'll never complain. Finding herself standing outside of a naturist...
596K 3.9K 7
"We shouldn't be doing this," I gasp as the heat spreads like wildfire across my streaming core. "Then tell me to stop Gray," Seth reveals my black l...
15.5K 398 41
πŸ₯€This isn't your typical Sleeping Beauty storyπŸ₯€ ... "Don't make me do this, Evangeline". The tortur...
5.2M 169K 46
In which, a blind business tycoon gets assigned to a nymphomaniac nurse _____________________________________________ Copyright ©️ 2021 ssybahz (Star...