𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

By Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 A°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°23°

210 45 32
By Benzita13

Dedicated to its_ibk_to_u NiffyzOlabode  Dedun_Herself _atangemem_ AyomideMakinde

I've been seeing your votes on and I'm pretty sure I haven't dedicated chapters to you guys yet. Thanks a ton!

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
Amorette tossed me the half of an orange as she laughed and danced happily to the music that played through her phone speakers and I took in a huge chunk of the orange, scribbling what I thought were the answers to the questions in the large book of WAEC past questions.

It was the second break of the day, the brief period we had to relax before after school classes would begin but I chose to use the period to go through the past questions I usually made use of at home during the weekends.

I looked up and glared at Amorette. "I'm busy here, turn down the music."

She nodded her head, dancing and bringing out an earpiece from her school bag, then, plugging it to her phone.

"You know we're not allowed to bring those to school, only phones." I said. She shrugged and smiled.

"They can't stop me if they can't see me." She said, and went back to listening to music.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, bringing back my attention to the book of past questions placed in front of me.

"What are you doing here, Tammy?"

I groaned and looked up to see Ifeoluwa walking into the classroom.

"I'm here cos I want to. Duuh." I said, rolling my eyes.

He shook his head and brought out a pack of potato chips from his pocket. "You want?"

"Heck, yeah." I said, grabbing it from him and tearing the pack open.

"I still don't get why you like those things. It tastes funny." He laughed.

I raised a brow at him and looked at the pack of potato chips in my hand. "Why did you buy it then?"

"For my troublesome sister, of course. You love those." He smirked. Then, moved his gaze to Amorette I noticed had been watching us with an unusual expression.

"You girls should come with me to the Canteen. Just name what you guys want and I'll buy it for you." He smiled.

I raised a brow and stared at him suspiciously. "Why?"

He shrugged, putting a hand in his trouser pocket and using the other to pull me up. "Because, I'm feeling generous today."

"Is that so?" Amorette added, and I giggled.

Eventually, we both stood up and walked with Ifeoluwa to the Cafeteria but to our suprised, there was a loud commotion at the end of the canteen area.

My face contorted into a frown as I watched people gather round an area, shouting and exclaiming, while others moved quickly away from that area, talking, shaking their heads and looking back at intervals.

"What's going on?" I heard Amorette ask behind me as I approached one of the students walking away, an SS 1 student.

"What's going on?" I asked her. She looked back and pushed her glasses up her nose when she looked at me.

"That fair guy in your grade. That's what's happening, I don't know his name." She said and walked away quickly with the guy beside her.

I furrowed my brows and looked back at the people gathered together.

There were so many fair guys in my grade.

Ifeoluwa walked ahead of Amorette and I, I followed him. We squeezed and pushed ourselves through the crowd letting out 'excuse me' and 'sorry' as we did so.

I exhaled deeply in relief when I had managed to get in front of the crowd.

In front of me, a group of guys seemed like they were trying to stop a fight or pull some people away from each other.

I pushed myself through the crowd again, just to get a better look of what was happening, and the mere sight of it, froze me to the spot and brought goosebumps through my body immediately.

"My God!" I exclaimed.

A boy I recognized to be in Ifeoluwa's class laid weakly on the ground. One of his eyes had turned purple and swollen, his lips bled badly and his nose looked terribly damaged, blood seeping out of it also.

The boy had his eyes and mouth gently closed as if the pain and punches the other guy continued to inflict on him didn't affect him.

The boy that punched him had his brows and eyes narrowed, his teeth gritted and there were open red scars all over his face and arms.

He punched the boy on the ground endlessly as blood sipped down his jawline, while other guys tried their best to pull him up.

My eyes bulged open and I gasped when my gaze fell to the boy laying on the ground again.

He wasn't conscious!

I averted my gaze to the boy still on top of him.

The boy – despite the other being unconscious – landed a hard punch on his swollen cheeks. Over and over again, he did so until the cheeks had began to bleed.

Then, he had his other hand wrapped around the guy's neck. He looked as though he was about to strangle him and I had my fingers crossed that he wouldn't.

He moved away from the boy's face and neck, gripping his arms, bending and twisting it the way human arms couldn't and used those arms to hit the boy's stomach, grunting all the while.

The guy was unconscious and he was still being punched?!

I put my hands over my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

"Ayomide!!" I heard Ifeoluwa yell.

Ayomide paused, breathing harshly, his bleeding fists clenched as he still gritted his teeth.

Slowly, the other boys brought him to a stance, and when he brought his gaze up, people moved back instinctively.

"Ayo." I called.

His chest moved up as he inhaled sharply and moved down when he exhaled deeply.

He stared at the crowd of people watching him for a while, slowly, his gaze met mine.

I too moved back, and I felt Ifeoluwa grip my wrist as he moved back too.

Looking up at him, I could see his confused and dissapointed expression as he stared at Ayomide.

I looked back at Ayomide, my gaze lowering to his bleeding fists.

He unclenched them slowly and I looked back up.

His hard gaze softened and his eyes looked glassy. And in those brown orbs of his...

I saw fear.

He turned his head slowly and looked at the unconscious body on the ground that the health prefects had already began to lift up, then, slowly looked back at us.

"Guys—"

"The principal wants to see you."

A petite girl came out of the crowd, pointing at Ayo and frowning deeply. "And he is not happy."

He sighed deeply and lowered his head. He clenched his fists again, and without sparing us another glance, he walked away with the petite girl.

My eyes flickered to Ifeoluwa. "What just happened?"

He shook his head. "Not sure."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I leaned on the wall of the hallway, hugging the books placed on my chest tightly as I glared at Mandel.

She was bullying another kid again and all I could do was stand and watch. After all, it would be impossible to stop all the things she'd get herself into.

"Excuse you, don't talk to me like that!" She snapped, looking at the girl irritatedly.

"Gosh, I didn't —"

"Stop!"

I sighed sadly, I still worried for her.

I felt a breeze beside me, and I felt someone brush passed me only to see Ifeoluwa walking passed me, with a deep frown on his face.

He approached Mandel slowly at her back, and took her hand in his. Leaning closer, I could see him whisper into her ears as her eyes softened.

She looked up at him slowly and smiled, a real and genuine smiled. She walked away with him hand in hand after that.

My brows shut up as I watched them walk away to God knows where.

My gaze lingered on their interlocked hands for a moment, at the both of them, happily walking away together and I let out a dreamy sigh.

I missed Aidan.

My brows furrowed at the thought and I shook my head.

I must be crazy!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I sat on the bed, pondering on what I had seen Ayomide do at school that day. I still couldn't believe it.

Ayomide, the Ayo I knew. The ever happy Ayo, that still enjoyed eating biscuits had been the same Ayomide that had mercilessly beaten up a boy even when he had falled unconscious because he had been called a bastard and an orphan.

I feared him, that boy.

I couldn't believe the bloody fighter that had hidden itself perfectly in the ever happy and jovial Ayo. I still couldn't believe it.

"Tammy."

I looked up to see Ifeoluwa moving his head through my room door.

"You okay?" He frowned.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Still thinking about Ayo, it's hard to believe."

He nodded and kept quiet for a while. "I'll talk to him."

I nodded.

"Grandpa and Grandma are on the phone with mum and dad, they want you to play your lyre for them."

My brows shut up and I darted my eyes to him. "You can't be serious."

He shrugged and began to move away. "Suit yourself."

I groaned loudly as I knelt down by my bed, and moved the lyre deeper under my bed. I stood up and walked out of my room.

I got to the living room quickly, to see both mum and dad sitting together on a sofa with an iPad on their hands.

"Sweetie, your grandparents want to hear you play your lyre. Where is it?" Mum asked.

My brows moved up and I shrugged. "I haven't seen that in a while. I actually don't know where it is."

"Ifeoluwa told me he gave you that some weeks ago." Dad replied.

"Yeah, I haven't seen it since then. I think it's lost." I shrugged.

"Look for it, I expect to see it by tomorrow evening." Dad told me. "Come and greet your grandparents."

Relieved, I moved to stand by Ifeoluwa, who stood behind the sofa Mum and Dad sat on.

After the video call, I went back to my room, closing the door and sighed.

I had no idea why I did what I did but when I came into the room I knelt back down by my bed and brought the lyre out.

I sat on the bed, placing the lyre on my laps. I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath, let it out and opened my eyes.

I placed my hands gently on the strings of the harp-like instrument and strummed for the first time.

I strummed again, and a small smile wore it's way to my face. Next, I began to play to the song I had decided to sing.

I moved my hands through the strings and strummed again.

All smiles,
I know what it takes to fool this town,
I'll do it 'til the sun goes down,
And all through the night time.

Oh yeah, I'll tell you what you wanna hear,
Put my sunglasses on while I shed a tear,
It's never the right time, oh yeah.

I put my armor on,
Show you how strong I am.
I put my armor on,
I'll show that I am.

I'm unstoppable,
I'm a porsche with no brakes,
I'm invincible,
And I'll win every single game.

I'm so powerful,
I don't need batteries to play,
I'm so confident,
And I'm unstoppable today...

I smiled.

This was my happy place.

----------------------------------------------------------
Heeey, guys. Soo, aside the fight Ayo had (not sure if I would call that a fight though. Lol) I'm pretty sure this chapter was boring 😢

What were you guy's reactions when you realized Ayomide was punching the unconscious guy like that. I wanna know cos I've been wanting to write this for moooonths.

And do you think it was right of him to punch the guy cos he was called a bastard and orphan.

Is Lover boy still doing his thing with Mandel.. or were they going to do something else? Lol.

I gotta go now.

See you in my next update.
Benzita13 ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430 62 10
❛❛𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒏𝒕; 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓...
1.8K 263 14
ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) One unexpected incident was enough to have Otamayomi Ilori utterly torn apart and shaken. It happened so sudd...
12K 795 34
"That means you were the only one who destroyed my whole life!" She said to him with tears filled in her eyes. "You call other people heartless and...
256K 79.8K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...