Hey, Pretty Stranger.

By SavannahCochrane

"Stay. Away. From. Them." Travis states in the most serious tone he could muster up. Pointing to a brown hair... More

ATTENTION PLEASE NEW READERS
Chapter 1 - Addison Apartments.
Chapter 2 - 6' feet Tall.
Chapter 3 - Damien.
Chapter 4 - Elevator Love.
Chapter 5 - Meeting the best friend.
Chapter 6 - Dinner with the neighbors. (1/3)
Chapter 7 - Dinner with the neighbors (2/3)
Chapter 8 - Dinner with the neighbors (3/3)
Chapter 9 - "What's your name, new kid?"
Chapter 10 - Backstabber.
Chapter 11 - "It feels great to be a liar."
Chapter 12 - Sorry.
Chapter 13 - Girl Problems.
Chapter 14 - Misplaced Anger.
Chapter 15 - You...what..?
Chapter 16 - The deal.
Chapter 17 - Envious.
Chapter 18 - You have a kid?!
Chapter 19 - Christmas Special. (1/3)
Chapter 20 - Christmas Special (2/3)
Chapter 21 - Christmas Special (3/3)
Chapter 23 - Returning the favor.
Chapter 24 - Becoming official.
Chapter 25 - Locked up.
Chapter 26 - Forbidden love.
Chapter 27 - Forbidden love (Pt.2)
Chapter 28 - Break Out.
Chapter 29 - Snitch.
Chapter 30 - Back At Square 1.
Chapter 31 - Helping Hand.
Chapter 32 - Unsaid words.
BOOK TWO!
BOOK TWO IS OUT!!!

Chapter 22 - Oh, boy.

2.3K 72 25
By SavannahCochrane

{Song Of The Chapter ~ Rumour has it Adele}

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷

The next two weeks of break went by fast. Although, Y/N could only think about one thing.

That kiss.

It was stuck In her mind every hour of each day. Some nights she would just lay awake, her mind running wild with questions.

Did he like her?
Did he like the kiss?
Did it mean something?
Were we something more now?

Did he just do it for fun?
Was he playing her?
Did he not like her the way she liked him?
Are we just friends still?

The thoughts progressively would get worse for Y/N. She couldn't stand it. She needed closure.

So, she made a plan to talk to Sal on the first day back to school. She didn't want to say anything until she knew exactly what she was going to say. After all, she didn't want to accidentally say something wrong that might consider her a desperate or change Sal's view on her forever.

It was the night before the first day back to school after Christmas break,
Y/N would finally get the closure she deserved.

But at the same time...she didn't know if it was truly what she wanted. What if he didn't actually like her and her saying something about the kiss would make things awkward? or what if Larry found out? Would his feelings be hurt?

She didn't know.

But she had finally made up her mind. Even if he didn't like her, she would at least know and could clear up her busy head. But maybe...what if he did like her..?

What would she say? What would she do? How would she act? Would they be official? Would they be a real couple?

Y/N could only wish.

She felt they did infact have something between them. There is no way that kiss didn't mean something, anything! It had to...right?

"Y/N! Breakfast is on the table!"
She hears her mother call from down the hall.

'Wait...breakfast?'

Y/N looks over to her clock and see's the time is seven forty in the morning. She had spent all night just thinking about tomorrow- well, today.

Y/N groggily lifts herself up off her bed.

She didn't bother getting ready before eating and just walked to the dining room.

╔══ ❀°❀°❀ ══╗

Y/N's POV

══ ❀°❀°❀ ══╝

I drag myself into the kitchen, debating If I should even bother going to school today. Sure I wanted an answer from Sal on what was going to happen now that we shared a...kiss; but I really wasn't I the mood. Besides I'm so tired. I see my mom plating up my breakfast and then she places it on the table for me.

She walks towards the front door, about to leave but the sound of my voice stops her.

"Where are you off to, mom?"

She turns back around to face me as she throws on a jacket.
"Just to the store - do you need anything while I'm out?"
She asks.

I think for a moment, did I need anything? Maybe some snacks?
"Would you mind getting me some chips? And maybe chocolate too?"
I ask, my mom nods then grabs her purse with her left hand whilst opening the door with her right.

"Alright, I'll see you when you get home from school,"
She smiles. Right, school.

"Uh, mom?"

She looks back at me.

"Would it be okay if I stayed home?"
I ask her while wringing my hands. I was scared she would say no.

"Why?"
My mom raises an eyebrow.

Should I really tell her? No way, I'm not trying to have an awkward conversation about me kissing boys.

"Uhm, I don't feel good,"

My mom keeps an eyebrow raised, looking me up and down with a quizzical look. Oh crap, that was such an obvious lie, there's no way she'll say yes.

"I can tell you're not telling the truth."
She says. My heart beat quickens and my thoughts race a mile a minute.
"But, whatever the reason...I'm sure it has to be good for you to want to miss a day of school,"

I laugh nervously and nod. Was this actually going in my favor right now?

She sighs.
"Alright, just for today though."
She says sternly.

I nod and she walks out the door with a last 'goodbye'.

Maybe It was a good idea to just stay home, I mean, I could always ask Sal about the kiss another day.

It wouldn't hurt to, stay home today, right?

Besides I didn't even get any sleep, so maybe it really is a good idea to stay here to sleep and just relax.

Yeah. I'm going to do that.

I'm not 'running away from my problems' necessarily just...pushing them aside for now.

I walk back to my room and plop back on my bed. Then after a bit of tossing and turning I finally fell into a peaceful sleep. All the drowsiness of me being up so many nights hit me like a train wreck, and I sleep for awhile.

╔══ ❀°❀°❀ ══╗

Narrator's POV

══ ❀°❀°❀ ══╝

After many hours of Y/N sleeping she opens one of her eyes slightly, just to get a look at the time...just past noon. Y/N plops back on her bed - planning on drifting back into sleep, but as she rolls over she slips and falls face first off the bed.

Y/N groans then mutters under her breath,
"Ow."

'I guess god just doesn't want me to live in peace.'

She stands up and sits on her bed.

'Well what am I suppose to do now?'

She thinks for a moment before an idea pops into her head.

'I could take a bath, it could really help me relax.'

Y/N stands, she figured she would do so because today - she just needed to chill out. Either way, it would give her an excuse to use the lovely Vanilla scented bubble bath she had gotten for Christmas.

Meanwhile, while Y/N was taking a bath - Sal and Larry were of course skipping. They hadn't seen you at all so far. They were a little worried to say the least. This morning when Sal came out of his apartment to wait for you - so you could all walk to the bus stop together; you weren't there. After that, they came to see you in school during lunch - maybe you had just been late? But you still weren't there.

They were worried slightly. But mostly Sal, he had almost the exact same thoughts about the kiss as you did, he was also terrified that you would possibly start avoiding them out of things possibly being awkward.

The two teenage boys decided they didn't want to wait until the end of the day to see If you were okay. They are greatly worried about you and needed to see if you were okay and what if you were sick? They had to take care of you. Although it isn't there job to, they felt it was their job to take care - of you no matter what.

They were now finally standing Infront of your apartments front door. Larry knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. But when no one answered: he turned to Sal and shrugged, placing his hands into the pockets of his black jeans. Sal raises an eyebrow when no one answered the door, sure it wasn't that strange - but usually Y/N's mom or her herself opens the door on the first knock.

It made Sal feel scared, was she even there? Did she not want to open the door because of him?

"Maybe we should just go in?"
Larry says nonchalantly.

"Bro, that's pretty much breaking and entering."
Sal sighs.
"I think its best we just come back at another time,"

Larry looks at him weirdly.

"What?"
Sal asks him.

"Why are you acting like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like that. Why are you brushing Y/N off so much? Its weird, considering you always wanted to be near her just a few days ago."
Larry explains, his tone was soft. Until it turned serious as he spoke his next words.
"Did something happen between you two?"

Sal tenses but plays it off cool. He knows Larry likes her too, he didn't want to hurt his best friend.

"No, no. Nothing like that, I just..."
Sal pauses, trying to think of his next words carefully. It felt wrong lying to his best friend like this, he always told Larry everything.

"You just?"
Larry pushes on, seemingly more interested in what Sal was going to say.
"Dude, you can tell me anything. I will never judge you bro or get upset at you for telling me anything you needed to just get off of your chest."

Sal looks to Larry.
"You promise you wont get mad?"

Larry seems surprised as to why he would ask him to 'promise he wont get mad'. It slightly scared Larry as to what Sal was going to say that would need him to make a promise like that. But, no matter, he did so anyway.
"I promise."

Suddenly the door swung open to reveal a wet haired Y/N, who was standing Infront of the two boys in a robe.

Before either of them could register there was another person now present Sal blurted out.

"I kissed Y/N!"
He said quickly, wanting to just get it over with - like he was ripping off a band aid.

Larry's eyes widened and he gasped.
"YOU WHAT?!"

Oh, boy.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

12/25/23
AKA : January, 25th/2023

Words ~ 1610

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.9K 2.2K 19
ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇɪɴᴄᴀʀɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ꜱᴀʟʟʏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ...ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ? ᴛᴡ: ᴄᴜʀꜱɪɴɢ, ꜰᴀɴ ꜱᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ, ᴇᴛᴄ. (ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛꜱ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛꜰᴜʟ ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ(ꜱ))
10.5K 132 12
You, reader, are given the chance of a lifetime. Basically to just be in a ton of "short" stories with your crushes. 𝗦𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝘀 : 🤎 • Larry Joh...
54.6K 1K 19
Kenneth Phelps is the lead priest at the local church and has strict rules for his family. This leads to his son Travis Phelps to hate his whole be...