Only you β€’ Ja Morant

By missusmoody

Nylala Montgomery is a single mother to her baby boy Jacob whose 7yrs old. She works at a diner living an or... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Annoucement🀍
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Instagram post
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen

Chapter six

1.7K 80 14
By missusmoody

June 14th 2022

"You're hired congratulations girl!" Matilda squealed throwing herself on Jayla who embraced her back.

She couldn't believe after telling her the story about her last encounter as a social worker they still wanted to hire her.

"What—just like that."

Matilda nods her head with a grin." Just like that baby!"

"You sure???"

Jayla was still hesitant on how she got the job so quick, usually it takes a few days maybe even a week until the manager gets back to you.

"Girl why are you being like this." Matilda stale faced her." You done already had the job, we just had to do the whole interview process. You ticked all of the boxes!"

"Okay but what about the incident can't that impact the job environment." Jayla would hate to be the reason why the Hopkins social services as shut down.

Due to her possessive, drug dealing baby daddy. Not wanting to pay debts that he owns.

"Jayla you said it yourself. Dave is not in your life anymore partially, so we should be in clear don't stress. Just seize the moment."

Jayla nods to herself exhaling." You're right..."

"I'm always right. Now I have set up everything for next week, you'll be meeting our boss Simon, along with getting a tour from him and seeing your office."

"Is he scary?" Jayla pondered, getting ready to type any dos and donts of meeting him.

Matilda shook her head." Not really, he's a chilled guy. Just don't get on his nerves and he loves coffee. Black to be specific."

The two conversed for a bit until Matilda had to go to work and send the notes to Simon to review.

Suddenly Jayla phone buzzed and she glanced down to see Jamel texted her.

(Don't judge me I didn't know how to do that fake iMessage shit, if anyone of y'all know please tell me 😭)

Shaking her head, at the sly comment Ja managed to sneak in there. Jayla downed her coffee and was so engrossed in her phone that by the time Jamel got there she hardly noticed.

A loud honk made the black haired woman jolt up from shook, her eyes darted up ready to cuss out the person but stopped once she caught sight of the familiar dreads.

Parked in a Aston Martin and she knew it was Jamel, she gathered her things and made her way to the tinted car.

Ja was already out and his hands were spread out awaiting a hug.

"Hi."

"Hey." Jamel brought her into a tight hug, her hands sneaking around his neck while she had to look up at him due to the height difference.

"How you been mama." He rubbed her hips not caring if the people in the cafe could see him cope a feel.

However Jayla did care. The last thing she wanted was a bunch of fan girls bashing her over her hugging "their man"

"I've been great for the most part. Jamel stop." She pried his hands away making him frown deeply." Did I do something wrong?"

Immediately she shook her head no not waning him to get the wrong message.

"Then what is it?" He looked deeply offended and this made her feel guilty.

"We're in public nigga. You can't be rubbing up on me like that." She justifies, crossing her arms and his frown turns upside down.

"Oh is that all? Girl you know damn well I don't give a damn about the media, they always gonna have something to say. Just ignore it."Ja shrugged off her comment.

He opens the door to the passenger side and she thanks him before getting in. Then he quickly jogs over to his side getting in and starting the ignition.

Exiting, the parking lot and driving down the main road of the Memphis street. Top sound by NBA youngboy began playing on Jamel's playlist.

Jayla watched in amusement as he rapped along to every lyric, as if this were a every day thing. NBA young-boy wasn't really her cup of tea she had her reasons.

"You hungry?" Jayla shook her head." Nope not really."

"Okay let's get some Popeyes."

"Jamel. Didn't I just tell you I wasn't hungry." Jayla argued, not getting why he choose to ignore her.

"I know, but I know you lying because you kept eying the McDonalds we drove past. Just shhh and be the passenger princess."He demands and Jayla rolled her eyes, trying so hard to not crack a smile.

Once they pulled up, they went inside and ordered taking a seat in one of the booths. The place wasn't busy so Ja was chilling.

"Something tells me that you were lying to me earlier..." Ja started making drumbeats on the table making Jayla pause her fidgeting.

"About??"

"Your day. You seem more vibrant than the last time I saw you. Plus you had that interview with my cousin that you ain't tell me about.

I had to find out through her!" Jamel dramatically sassed slamming the table, making every head turn in the diner.

Jayla sent him a deadly look. This boy was doing too much.

"Stop acting like a damn baby. It was nothing really. I got the job." She mumbled not making eye contact.

Ja scrunched up his face. Jayla  sounded like a mouse."Speak up lil ma, a nigga can't hear you."

"I said I got the job! Damn!"She exclaimed falling back in the booth and Jamel smirked in triumph.

"I already knew you did I just wanted to hear you say it." He shrugged and she scoffed making him laugh.

He reached over the table placing his hands on top of hers, Jayla could feel her face heating up thanking the lord that her skin wasn't fair.

"Aye look at me." Ja gently grabbed her chin titling her head up." Why aren't you happy?"

"I am..."

"Lie again." Ja sucks his teeth. He could practically smell the nerves coming from her.

"I am happy. It's just Dave never really approved of me working, he just wanted me to be a house wife."

"And now that I'm working two jobs it's just a lot." Jayla confessed and Ja nodded in agreement going silent for a second.

Jayla was going to work at the diner as casual. They had the workers but she still wanted to stay to keep in touch.

The waitress came by and placed the food on the table. Jamel and Jayla thanked them not daring to move their hands away from each other.

"We celebrating."

"Celebrating what?" Jayla quirked a eyebrow not getting what he meant.

"Your job. You seem all depressed and we not having nun of that. Imma invite my friends and your gonna invite your homegirls, we gonna have fun." Ja insisted and Jayla didn't dare to protest.

She knew she needed the breather and a drink or two. Sure the idea was a bit dramatic, but it was sweet of Ja.

My guess was that he was trying to impress and it was working.

"Okay..."

→ → →

Hours later

Jamel and Jayla were parked at Jaylas street the porch lights were on indicating that Daniel had to be in there with Jacob. Hopefully he was sleeping.

"You know you never told me what team you played for." Jayla appealed, balancing her chin on her palm.

Ja exhaled his blunt, he was stoned but not stoned to the point where he didn't know where he was. Same with Jayla.

If anything she felt good. The best she had ever felt in years.

"The grizzlies. How did you not know." He scoffs softly making her chuckle with a sheepish grin.

"I don't watch ball like that. I thought you were just another player visiting in town."

"That's not the case shawty. I ain't going no where." His voice had deepened and his pupils were dilated.

All he could think about was kissing those pretty glossy plump lips of Jaylas. He could only imagine what they feel like around his-

"Hey Jayla."

She hums not moving her eyes away from the sun visor mirror.

"Your ass liked really juicy in that dress today." He boldly stated. Inching himself closer to her side when she turned her head he was already there.

"Ja...."

Her eyes drifted to his and they were filled with lust and excitement. His breathing had increased, and his hand crept its way up to her cheek.

Clutching it as his thumb stroked her cheek.

"Kiss me." She blurted out without thinking. So he did. He pressed his lips against hers, the kiss was slow and steady.

That was of course until Ja licked his lips over bottom lip asking for entrance which she granted.

And they began tongue kissing. Tongues massaging one another. Butterflies were erupting in both of their stomachs.

Her hands wanders down to the bludge in his pants she squeezes it making him groan in her mouth.

Ja won the battle and once he was done kissing her he pulled away breathlessly. This kiss was Ben better then he imagine it left him wanting more.

"Damn lil mama." He bit his lip, his hands went down to her sides rubbing them up and down.

She loved when he did that. Her thumb swiped off the remainder of lip gloss that was coated on his lips.

"You know I gotta go." Jayla revealed, she shut her eyes in pleasure when she felt a pair of familiar lips sucking on her neck.

"I know." Was all he said as her hands reached up to grip on his dreads.

"Ja." She sighed in euphoria once he pulled away and she gently stroked his cheek.

"When will I see you?"

"Soon hopefully."

With multiple more pecks on the lips, Jayla gathered her things and made her way to her house. His eyes never left her until she safety got in her crib then he drove off with a smirk on his face.

"Well well well, look who decided to show up." Daniel chortles from the living room, he goes up to Jayla and frowns at her appearance.

Her hair was a mess and her heels were in her hands.

"Looks like you had a good night."

She nods her head." I did. Ja is amazing I should've never doubted you Daniel".

"Ja?!" Daniels ears perked up at the mention of his old friend.

"Mhm. Thank you so much for introducing us." Jayla spoke as if she was on cloud nine.

Even though Daniel technically didn't introduce the two he shrugged it off.

Daniel frowns sniffing her." Wait Jayla are you high."

He looks up towards the stairs watching her barley walk up each step she was staggering backwards and forwards.She doesn't respond.

"Goodnight Daniel!"

He shakes his head and gathered his things inviting himself out.

Ja was definitely gonna be receiving a phone call tomorrow morning.

——

Hiii just a friendly reminder to vote and comment. I would really appreciate because these ghost readers are killing me.

🦋🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.7K 36
"Are you down to be a distraction, baby?"
38.9K 2.1K 27
"you say you lovesick girl I got da remedy." π‰π€ππ”π€π‘π˜ πŸπŸŽπŸπŸ’..
301K 10.8K 54
Singer Melody Armani has known a basketball player Ja Morant whole life. What happens when the media ships them together so much that they start to s...
11K 239 28
When Kiyomi Simmions mets Ja Morant himself ... started ; febuary 20 2023 ended ; tba