Chapter seven

CELEBRATING JOB ACCEPTANCE part 1

A few days later

THE MORNING had came around, Ja continued to go about on his day. First starting off with a morning run then a workout, and also inviting Daniel over. Who suggested the idea, of them working out just this once.

The two never usually worked out because Daniel claimed that Ja was too" locked in" and his skinny self couldn't keep up. His words not mine.

Carrying on, Ja hadn't contacted Jayla since the kiss on that day. Yeah it was a dawg move, but it was for all the right reasons.

Your boy was trying to construct her job acceptance party. And he needed to make sure that his mind was fully present. Couldn't afford any distractions.

However that doesn't mean, he still doesn't hold that guilt that he left her all high and dry. The kiss was spectacular and natural just as he had imagined.

Ja could on dream that it was longer and he hopes that he'll get more in the future.

"So how much you bench?" Daniel asks as he lifted himself up and down on the pulling bar.

This was his way of starting conversation. As  he was still trying to get to the bottom, of why his friend came home high a couple of days ago.

She was a single mother that had a child how would Daniel explain that to Jacob if he had woken up. What if the outcome was worst and she got sick god forbid that happens.

"Does it look like I'm a football player?"Ja sent him a really nigga look. From lifting up the dumbbells.

"Aye man I was just asking." Daniel raised his hands in defence. He should've expected that answer.

"Hey can I ask you something?" Daniel turns to Ja who paid no attention to him.

His main priority was lifting the weights. It was workout time which was understandable but all this nigga Daniel wanted to do was chit chat.

"You already did. But go head."

Daniel cleared his throat.

"What's happening between you and Jayla?"

"Me and Jayla?"

"Yes you and Jayla. I'm serious Ja." Daniel says and Ja wipes the smirk off his face. He just wanted to piss his friend off.

Daniel was against the idea of Ja even trying to holler at her so he figured  maybe he was jealous or some shit.

He grabs a towel cleaning the sweat from his face before standing to his full height.

"Jayla and I are just vibing. We're still trying to figure out what we are. I mean I already know what I want.

"Her,I'm not too sure." Ja sighed looking down.