The Sullys stick together ⤝Av...

By ambeebee_bee

Liläk Sully is Neteyam's twin. She lives most of her days playing around with her siblings and training to pr... More

Introduction and some disclaimers
Prologue
Chapter 1: The train intervention
Chapter 2: This is not a squad
Chapter 3: Spider
Chapter 4: The Battlefield
Chapter 5: Jake's first daughter.
Chapter 6: All hell breaks loose
Chapter 7: Guilt, disappoinment and overhearing
Chapter 9: Trying to think positively.
Chapter 10: If roles were reversed...
Chapter 11: The sea holds a piece of your home
Chapter 12: No one messes with Kiri
Chapter 13: It's either taking the blame or getting blamed.
Chapter 14: Payakan, a proposal and Kiri
Chapter 15: Our brothers and sisters have returned
Chapter 16: There is a wall between us.
Chapter 17: He's here.
Little disclaimer
Chapter 18: Pain, numbness and peace
Chapter 19: Rage
Chapter 20: Greatest weakness and greatest fortress.
Chapter 21: Not broken, just different
Epilogue
Last A/N and acknowledgments
Useless comments I wanted to make
Inspo Songs (and more aknowledgements)

Chapter 8: Will there be trees?

19.3K 520 72
By ambeebee_bee

Liläk looked in disbelief as his father's title as olo'eyktan was passed to someone else. She never thought she'd see a day in which her dad wasn't the leader, the protector of the Omaticaya. They would leave after the ceremony.

She took in everything she could see of the tree of souls, the smells, the sounds. She took in the trees around her and the way they danced with the wind. She felt the ground under her feet...the humidity of the dirt. Were there even going to be trees where they were going? Was the dirt going to feel the way it did in her home...how was their tree of souls going to look like? Would they even be allowed to commune with it?

Their father walked in front of the group...at least he was still going to be leading her family. Liläk was the last one, she gave the tree one last look doubting for a bit. Someone took her hand softly, leading her away. She didn't have to look to know it was Lo'ak.

She flew in Pìwopx soaring through the skies as she took in the sites of her home one last time...still absorbing as much as she could. She saw her brothers and Kiri looking behind them, they had all grown up there and now they were flying away to never return. Her dad yelped at them as he pointed towards where they would go. She followed through.

She hadn't spoken to her parents ever since they had last talked and they yelled at her. She flew besides Neteyam, wondering about their destiny.

-What are you thinking about?-Neteyam asked her.

-Do you think they'll let us stay?

-The Metkayina?

She looked at him at the question.

-No, Norm's mom...

Lo'ak sneered from beside her, laughing at Liläk's remark.

-I don't see why not...-Neteyam answered calmly.

Lo'ak approached his sister from the right.

-They don't fly ikrans there...-he commented.

-Well I'm not letting Pìwopx go, so...-she thought out loud while she stroked her ikran's neck.

-I've heard they have a double eye lid.-Neteyam chimed in. Kiri slowed down so she could hear her siblings conversation and answered Neteyam.

-They probably do.-She said.-I mean they spend all day under water from what I've heard...

-You're all being prejudiced, it's like saying we spend all days in trees.-Liläk intervened.

-As if you didn't...-Lo'ak told Liläk.

-Oh shut up! I just like climbing.

-There might not be any trees around here for you to climb.-Neteyam said, grimly. Liläk sighed.

-Yeah I know...

-I just hope they're nice.-Kiri commented.

-I'm thinking they won't like our hands.-Lo'ak said.-I mean, the Omaticaya where used to five fingered freaks but I don't know if the Metkayina have ever seen one.

-Who are you calling freak?-Kiri questioned.

-Who cares about your hands?-Liläk retorted. Lo'ak looked at her with a "be serious" face.-Look, if any Metkayina focuses in your or Kiri's hands and are bothered by them just because they are slightly different they're skxwangs, plain and simple.

-Yeah, whatever...-Lo'ak knew it wasn't a big deal...but it had been for some Omaticaya and he knew that no other Metkayina would have the same hands his dad and Kiri had.

Night came and a storm broke.

-Sìltsan Pìwopx! (Good Pìwopx!)-Liläk exclaimed as her ikran screeched slightly, nervous with the storm.-Sìltsan (good).-She repeated as she patted her neck.-frawpo (it's okay).

Neteyam chuckled at how Liläk treated Pìwopx, the bond to her ikran was very strong, he was certain that she wasn't kidding when she said she wouldn't let Pìwopx go, even if the Metkayina didn't fly on ikrans.

She was already tired, wishing she could arrive somewhere, anywhere. Down them was the sea, it was big, enormous. There were animals just as big in it. Liläk had to admit it was very pretty, but it was so...open, like if everything in there was alone. Back home...but it isn't your home anymore, is it? She thought. She sighed. Back in the forest the trees seemed to accompany her everywhere she went...she found comfort in the trees, on the branches. Up there she felt safe, relaxed. She remembered the days in which she didn't feel like joining her brothers and Spider, mostly because of Spider's presence, -a hint of guilt took over her a the thought of the boy, Liläk hoped he was okay.-she would go to the forest and climb as high as she could. The world didn't seem so big from up there. She could look at the sky and still be hidden. The thing she loved the most about the forest, was the way the trees sang with the wind. The murmurs of the leaves that helped her sleep, soothing her into her dreams.

After hours of traveling they finally arrived a place that was inhabited. It calmed her that they had trees in there...it was nice. Her worries were soothed. After Neteyam's suggestion of the nonexistence of trees a part of her had been dreading to find herself with an open beach and nothing but sea, the enormous unknown sea. But this place was actually nice, the sea had a beautiful color and the Metkayina seemed to use the roots of trees to build their homes...she smiled, feeling a glint of hope for the first time in weeks.

They landed on the sand. The moment they did Liläk got off her ikran and patted her neck...they were in an unknown place and Pìwopx was tired, she knew she was on edge. So she tried to soothe her the best she could.

-Sìltsan Pìwopx, you did very well...good girl.-Pìwopx bumped her head softly on Liläk's head.-it's okay.

She looked in front of her. The people there didn't seem so happy to see them, they couldn't know their intentions after all. She looked at her parents from afar, her dad had motioned her mom to leave her bow in her ikran, so she did the same and left the bow on Pìwopx's back. She gave Pìwopx one more calming pat and walked towards Kiri, staying close beside her.

-Be nice...-Neytiri told their children. Liläk was intimidated by all the looks on them. The Metkayina gathered around them as if they were seeing sky people arrive. The first thing she noticed was the fact that their skin tone was lighter, almost green. They had wide arms and their tails were flat, she doubted they could move them around as freely as they could. She noticed that the Metkayina around her were looking at her tail, she unconsciously lowered her ears and got closer to Neteyam.

Two Metkayina about her age approached them. Neteyam and Lo'ak bowed their hands signaling the respectful hello of "I see you". Liläk just looked at them, not liking their mocking looks and the way that they freely looked them up and down pinpointing every detail. The two boys got behind them. Liläk clenched her jaw.

-Easy...just be cool.-Their father said. If it weren't for his words she would have hissed at them already but she tried to remain still. She wasn't good at meeting new people, there was a reason the only people she hang with back home where her siblings.

-What, what is that?-One of them told the other jeeringly.-Is that supposed to be a tail?

At least my tail doesn't look like a wooden board, Liläk thought, angrily.

Neteyam touched her arm to call her attention, he pointed at Lo'ak who looked as he had seen a ghost, she followed his look and saw a young Metkayina girl getting out of the water. She seemed so in her element. Liläk felt a hint of jealousy, because she was in her element, this was her home...she had just left hers.

-It's too small...how are they supposed to swim.-The boys kept sneering about their tails.

-Enough!-she slapped the hand of the boy who was pointing at them.-Rotxo, Aonung.-She said sternly. Liläk thanked her on her mind, finally someone who didn't seem like a skxwang...

-Hi.-Lo'ak said with a side smile.

Real subtle Lo'ak. Liläk thought as he saw his brother's face, the girl smiled shyly and turned her head away.

From the sea came some animals Liläk had never seen before, they kind of looked like ikran's, but they didn't fly far from the surface of the sea.

The moment the man got out of the water, Liläk knew he was olo'eyktan, she lowered her head in respect.

-I see you.-Jake said as he bowed his head. Liläk followed through muttering "I see you" under her breath.

From behind him a woman appeared from the crowd...if he was olo'eyktan, she is the tsahík.

-I see you Ronal, Tsahík of the Metkayina.-his father saluted her. Liläk bowed her head and signed "I see you" once more...these where the two people in charge of their future.

-Why do you come to us Jakesully?-Tonowari asked. Jake looked at his family before answering.

-We seek Uturu.-He said with open arms.

-Uturu?-Ronal repeated sternly.

-A sanctuary for my family.-Jake explained, approaching him slightly.

Liläk noticed that one of the boys that were mocking them before was looking at her. She lowered her ears and got in between Neteyam and Lo'ak, seeking the comfort of her family.

Tonowari looked at his mate before continuing.

-We are reef people, you are forest people.-He spoke as Ronal was moving around them, examining the new comers.-Your skills will be nothing here.-He continued.

-We'll learn your ways, isn't that right?-Jake looked to Neytiri, seeking her support.

-Yes.-She said softly as Ronal grabbed her tail. She then got beside Tuk and grabbed her arm.

-Their arms are thin...-Tuk got away from Ronal.

-Mom...-she said, frightened. Jake took her hand.

-Their tails...-Ronal continued, this time grabbing Kiri's tail. Liläk walked and approached Ronal, lurking. She didn't care about what she was saying, but she didn't like the way she was treating them.-are weak.

-Ow!-Kiri whimpered.

-You'll be slow on the water.-She stated, matter of factly.

She then grabbed Kiri's hands...Liläk remembered what she told Lo'ak...so they are skxwangs after all.

-This children are not even true Na'vi.-Ronal declared as she held Kiri's hands in the air.

-Yes we are!-Kiri said as Ronal now approached Lo'ak. She grabbed his hand know. Lo'ak looked down, disappointed, he knew that would happen.

-They have demon blood!-Ronal said loudly. Around them the people exclaimed at the remark.

Liläk approached Ronal and looked at her defiantly. Ronal held her look.

-Let him go.-She said. It wasn't a harsh voice, but it was calm, confident. Ronal looked at her and took her hand. When she saw it, she seemed almost disappointed. Liläk, just like Neteyam, had inherited her mom's hand. The second she grabbed her, she took her hand away from her. She cowered back a bit, still holding her look. She was about to hiss at her...

-Liläk...-Her mother called, warningly. She didn't hiss or tell her anything, but she still didn't break her look.

-Look!-Jake showed her his own hand now...bothered at the way Ronal was harassing his children. Seeing that Ronal and Liläk where still looking into each other's eyes defiantly, Jake repeated himself, this time putting his hand closer to her face to make her leave his daughter alone.-Look! Look I was born from the sky people and now I am Na'vi, alright? You can adapt...we will adapt! Okay?

Neytiri was also on edge with Ronal's behavior with her kids, so she chimed in.

-My husband was Toruk makto.-She said daringly. Jake cringed at her words, not wanting a fight to break out.-He lead the clans to victory against the sky people.-Liläk prided herself at her mother's words, admiring her stance towards Ronal.

-This you call victory?-Ronal retorted.-Hiding amongst strangers.-Neytiri lowered her head.

-It seems Eywa has turned her back on you...chosen one-Ronal continued as she looked at them. Neytiri hissed at her. Finally. Liläk, who had wanted to do the same since Ronal put her hands on Kiri, thought. Ronal merely hissed back.

-I apologize for my mate, she is...-Jake began.

-Do not apologize for me.-Neytiri looked at him angrily.

-We've come a long way and she is exhausted.-Jake ignored her.

-Jake!-Liläk's father gave her mom a look...she stood back, reluctantly.

-Toruk makto is a great war leader! All na'vi people know his story. But we Metkayina, are not at war.-Tonowari spoke to his people.-We cannot let you bring your war here.-Her father took Tuk in his arms before he continued...she was tired, after the long journey all of them were.

-I don't want war okay?-Jake pleaded once more.-I just...want to keep my family safe.

The leaders of the Metkayina shared a look.

-Uturu has been asked.-Neytiri said, eyes closed. Kiri was holding her hand.

-Do we have to go?-Tuk asked, quietly.

-Shh, it'll be okay...-her dad reassured her younger sister.

Liläk looked at Neteyam who put his hand on her shoulder softly. She smiled at him shortly.

-Toruk makto and his family will stay with us...-Liläk sighed in relief...they had no where else to go.-Treat them as our brothers and sisters...But they do not know the sea...so they will be like babies taking their first breath.-Liläk was bothered by the remark, if only the roles where reversed, she would be the best tree climber they had ever seen...

-Teach them our way so that they do not suffer the shame of being useless.

Jake sighed in relief.

-Okay, what do we say?-He asked them all.

-Thank you.-Tuk gushed.

They all said thank you, though Kiri rolled her eyes as she said it.

-My son Aonung, my daughter Tsireya, will show your children what to do.

-Father why do...-The boy who had been looking at her, Aonung, complained.

-It is decided!-Tonowari declared.

-Come!-Tsireya said, excitedly. Liläk had to admit that she liked her, she had been very good to them by now.-I will show our village.

They walked through the nets above the water. They were very bouncy and Liläk had to concentrate not to fall quite a few times. She was used to walk on solid ground. This village was so...unstable. Swimming was not her preferred method of moving and now this nets.

Tuk giggled behind her. At least someone's having fun, she thought as she smiled with her giggles, which always managed to make her feel better.

After walking for a while Tsireya showed them a hut.

-This is for you. Your new home.-She said as she left their stuff on the ground. She was the only person that seemed happy with their presence. Liläk smiled at her.

-Thank you Tsireya.-She told her. None of her family had thanked her for the help, but she was honestly overwhelmed with her kindness and welcoming.

-My pleasure...-She waited for her to tell her her name.

-Liläk.

She smiled and left.

-Yeah this will work...-Her dad commented.-This is great! This is nice right?-It honestly wasn't too bad.

Her mom dropped her luggage and sighed annoyed...this was going to be harder than she thought.
——————————————-
Hello everyone! Hopefully you are enjoying the story! I love the Sully children relationship.
I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it :) sending lots of love to everyone and thank you for the support of this story.
-Ambee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 8K 70
Sok'anya is Neytiri's best friend since they were young. During the war on Pandora, she had lost her parents and siblings. She mourns deeply for her...
28.1K 545 15
Meiyíng never had a good relationship with her parents so she spends most of her time with the Chief's daughter Tsireya or exploring the sea. But wh...
523K 14.4K 48
#1 in Avatar <3 #1 in Neteyamsully - a human and a navi. what a unique love story. - lowercase story multi-pov
95.4K 2.9K 34
Eiwa. That's her name. A name given to her by her Pandora-obsessed mother. One who had made sure that her own daughter will take her place once she i...