Once Shinobi, Now Hero

By yaboyassassin

Kakashi felt rage. It wasn't simply anger filling his body. His body was shaking almost as if trying to stop... More

Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: Deception
Chapter 3: Questionable Decisions
Chapter 4: Truth of A "Hero"
Chapter 5: Longed Test
Chapter 6: Vs Class 1-A!
Chapter 7: Vs Bakugo
Chapter 8: Vs Todoroki!
Chapter 9: Rush
Chapter 10: Preperation and Recovery
Chapter 11: Intern under a pro
Chapter 12: Disaster in Hosu
Chapter 13: Stroke of Lightning
Chapter 14: Kakashi vs Kakkō
Chapter 15: Battle Damage
Chapter 16: Disaster Post Hosu
Chapter 17: Different Shades of Heroism
Chapter 18: Fateful Meetings
Chapter 19: Unpleasant Reflection
Chapter 20: Looming Foreshadow
Chapter 22: Continued Steps
Chapter 23: A Gentle Tragedy
Chapter 24: New Revelations
Author's Note
Chapter 25: Blooming Questions
Chapter 26: Explosive Exit
Chapter 27: Intense Revelations
Chapter 28: Escape

Chapter 21: Choices

1.2K 62 9
By yaboyassassin

'What the hell?!'

Kakashi was trying to move, and he only succeeded a bit before the large gash on his leg flared up and stopped him. He actually couldn't believe a little pain was slowing him down but he hadn't been able to fully rest himself for a while. He had a good excuse.

But he was a better Shinobi.

This time when he moved, he committed, ignoring the pain and slamming the girls' head against the bed. Effectively turning the situation on its head in a second. His leg was shaking though, about ready to give from the way he was leaning on it.

Her starstruck gaze surprised him, he didn't expect her to like what he was doing.

'I've seen her before. But I can't remember where.'

Either way, now that he was in control, he needed answers.

He tightened his grip on the side of her head to show he was serious but she giggled like he was tickling her.

"How did you get in here?" He demanded.

Her giggles persisted until she spoke. "Are you hiding? There's no need when we're on your side."

'The fuck?'

"What are you talking about!" He demanded once more, this time pressing his forearm into her neck a bit, leaving enough room for her to talk but also feel pain. "Answer me!"

She showed no signs of pain and even began moving underneath him to try and face him. He tried pushing against her, but the combination of his healing broken ribs and hand as well as his blood getting into his only open eye was enough for her to be able to almost get from underneath him.

She was slippery, but the glint of a blade caught his eye and he crashed his body into hers, knocking the both of them to the floor. A knife slid across the ground and he can finally fully see out of his right eye, the blood getting caught on her clothing.

This time, he had better position on top of her, holding her down with his left hand by the neck.

He prepared himself to somehow find something to do with this body after he finishes her. She wasn't being cooperative and he was losing patience quickly.

His hand tightened on her neck and chakra in his body circulated faster, waiting to be called upon whenever he decided to add chakra to crush her windpipe.

"Last time I'm going to ask you. Who are you and how did you get in here?"

'Wait. Is she got in here and I've been fighting her then guards should be coming and busting down that door. I know she wasn't bluffing, I can feel the guards.'

Part of him wanted to look at that damn door but his instincts wouldn't let him. Not when someone who could still be armed was under him while he was injured.

"Security's very lax. I just walked straight in!" She exclaimed, beaming.

One thread of patience left remaining.

"But I'll keep talking so you don't tighten your grip. While I'd love to stay here with you all day, our times running short."

'Does that mean she was sent here?'

"Have you heard of the League of Villains?"

"League of Villains?" He repeated. Now that he did so, he felt like he'd heard it before.

X

His contemplation face was cute.

His threats were cute.

His body was cute.

Everything about him was so adorable that she was barely holding back. She could drool at the thought of cutting him up into bite sized pieces like little pieces of candy. He already looked yummy enough. She didn't think she'd be able to handle it.

Not to mention the way he was cuddling with her.

"Yes, dear, the League of Villains holds special interests with you and wants to break you out of here."

"And what's the catch?" Came his cute immediate response. He was always on guard. It made getting a taste of his blood even sweeter.

"Mmm," she thumbed her lips. "I don't think there is one, dear. At least, I wasn't told one, and I'm a super important lieutenant."

"You're lying."

"I'm not, hubby."

"Stop calling me that. I'm not your hubby." That was his pouting face, right? It looked like he was pouting!

"Ahahaha, what do you mean? You were the one who-"

"Enough!" He snaps, and slams her back into the floor, pressing up more into her. "Tell me how you got in here! Now!"

"That's not how you hold a lady, you know."

XxX

A shiver befalls his back and he turns his head to see a man with scars on his face, dead, purplish skin held together by stitches. His eyes are cold and dead, but his body slack. Kakashi can't determine if he's relaxed or on guard.

"So, this is the infamous Kakashi Hatake. Hmph, seems like nothing more than a snot nosed brat to me."

Kakashi narrows his eyes and then quickly throws his lower body over the girl while keeping his upper body on her to keep her down. As soon as his foot hit the ground, he uses one of them to kick the knife into his hand and puts it to the girls' throat.

"If you move, she dies."

His eyes showed he was genuinely surprised and impressed. There's a slight twitch that comes from his pocket, most likely his hand. "Pretty fast. Maybe you're not a brat after all, but what if I told you I didn't care if she'd die or not."

"Hey!" She yells in indignation.

He tightens his grip on the knife. "Then I see no point in keeping her alive." He's about to finish her but suddenly lights blar and a siren sounds. The sound is loud and hurts Kakashi's sensitive ears, rendering him near immobile. Toga wastes no time in untangling herself from his grasp and worming her way away.

Kakashi curses as the man takes his hand out of his pocket, a light smirk on his face.

"Ah ah ah, don't think about moving. We don't have much time to talk so I'd like to get this off my mind. We've told you who we are and what we want, but, naturally, you seem cautious. So, here's the deal. We'll come here sometime again in the next two weeks and you tell us what you want. Until next time."

"Wait, I want a goodbye kiss!" The girl screams, but black mist muffles it slightly and soon the both of them are gone.

Kakashi's eyes go wide when he remembers where he's seen that from. He's never seen it, but Midoriya has. That was Kurogiri, and his quirk is to teleport. Teleport. A possible way for him to get home if he could understand more about the quirk and use it himself.

But what did they want?

He couldn't think about it—he didn't have time to because someone was coming. His eyes hit the door, and he surmised with sound alone that the guards would come to the door at about 15 seconds. He looks around the room, and moves quickly to fix anything wrong with the room, making it to look almost as clear as it was when anyone else last saw the room.

He hadn't the time to get rid of the blood so he had to hide it by turning the covers backwards where the blood would be face down on the bed.

He finished a second before the door swung open. He felt something hit his collarbone before he heard the sound of a pop. Immediately, his reaction slowed and his movements faltered. He could barely walk and he was getting dizzy just standing, but he forced himself to look over and sees something akin to a medical needle injected into him, the vile empty.

'Shit!' He thinks but isn't able to do a thing as his eyes roll to the back of his head and he falls unconscious before the guards.

"Get him back to the bed and search the room."

"Area I is secure."

"Good, and have we found the security threat?"

"No sir, there was a jamming signal that took out motion sensors and cameras. It's likely we have a spy on our hands."

"Not to worry," in a room full of agents as they went to work in checking and fixing the room as well as setting Kakashi back into the bed, a man came into the room, form covered by a large trench coat. His face impassive and stone cold as he looks down at the unmoving form of a killer. "Ms. President left me in charge."

XxX

Shoto could barely contain his anger.

Usually he was very composed and showed barely any emotion, but today was different.

And not in a good way.

He could remember large parts of Kakashi's childhood. He knows what Kakashi's been through because of the people that lived in the same Village. He knows Kakashi's been ostracized because of the choice his father made. He knows what it's done to Kakashi and that was why he was so angry.

The man who was spreading this rumor would only further slander his name. Kakashi didn't need that. He knew that, and even though he didn't agree with what Kakashi did, no one else was there. That man was strong—he was toying with them the entire time. He struggles with the idea that the man could've been beaten into submission or even knocked out. He knows his possible with any human but that man had just been so strong. Killing him was, probably the only choice.

But he knows better. He knows Kakashi killed him for another reason entirely. His first action upon joining the fight proved it. He came there with an intention to kill. That was no mistake. But a larger part of him doesn't believe he deserves the type of treatment he's been getting by every person in Japan. It was illogical to assume a child just killed a villain without any sort of justification.

There was something else he wasn't aware of that could make something like this occur. He had to know, but it seemed like the answer was nowhere near him. Like something unknown was blocking him from seeing more.

"Todoroki! Hey, Todoroki! Stop!" His anger filled walk is stopped as Tenya grasped onto his shoulder. "What's going on with you? Why are you so mad?"

Shoto couldn't even pretend to try and play it off. Maybe it was his social ineptitude or maybe it was the way he felt. "Sorry..." he mutters, looking away. His face still felt hot.

"Hey, I didn't expect to see you guys here." The three teenage boys look over to where the voice had came from, and sure enough it was someone they all knew.

It was Momo, dressed in a fitted long, black dress that fit in perfectly with the funeral. Her being around drew attention even more so because she was so known. Todoroki didn't think he wants to be around her right now. Having recognition at the moment was not good. Especially since that video.

She wears a kind smile.

"Hello, Yaoyorozu-San! You look finely dressed for the occasion!" Shoto found Tenya's chops funny.

Her smile brightens a few notches and she gives a small bow. "Thank you. You look finely dressed as well."

"The lovely Yaoyorozu-San! I hope this evening is treating you well! Did you not come with family?" Yuga says with his usual flamboyance.

"Ah, no. They're not really in town at the moment so I decided to come with Mina, but I haven't been able to find her."

"Oh, well you should be able to find her if you stay with us. She's with Bakugo." Tenya says.

"Bakugo? Why?"

"I don't know, but we should meet up with them if they find clues."

"Wait, clues? What's that mean?"

"You didn't see the video?" Todoroki asks, but her confused look doesn't leave and he elaborates. "The one from Hosu? With Hatake?"

"Ah, yes I've seen it but I don't like to see things that are so violent like that."

"When did you see it?"

She grows a contemplative look, looking upwards toward the sky. "Ah, maybe around sometime early this morning. Before that, I only read articles and watched what little they showed on the news. I didn't really want to believe I shared a space with a cold-blooded killer."

"He isn't a cold-blooded killer." Todoroki's sudden declaration surprises the three around him, but Momo clearly didn't agree.

"No, he is. You were there when he first arrived to fight that man. He aimed for his heart immediately."

His fist clench, but he doesn't dare move himself. She doesn't know what he knows. He repeats that to himself for a reminder. "...Don't speak on things you don't know about."

He turns around and walks away, feeling heavier than previously, his heart beating faster and his face hotter. The moist air left by the rain helped nothing.

Momo looks at Iida for an explanation of what she thinks is strange behavior. She doesn't know why Shoto would defend Kakashi's unheroic behavior. Tenya gives her no indication, turning his head and following after Shoto, leaving her confused as to whether she should still follow or not.

She decides she'd stay away.

X

Iida and Shoto find nothing to indicate that the person who dropped the video is here at the venue, theorizing that it was perhaps over a long distance instead of closer.

"I don't think it's that though. Something is telling me it isn't." Todoroki says.

Tenya is a little frustrated. "Perhaps, but we can find nothing that suggest that."

"I haven't heard it anywhere else. I texted my sister and sent her the video but she didn't have the same one. That has to mean something." Todoroki had even went to text his brother and came back with the same result. If that meant what he thought it did, the culprit had to be here.

"Well, Hound Dog and Ectoplasm Sensei are here. Why don't we ask them for help?"

"No," he shook his head. "They won't care, even if they did believe us. Most won't see it as a problem because of what he did. On top of that, we're on thin ice and one slip up in a place like this could get into the headlines itself."

In the distance, Todoroki watches photographers and interviews from several news station take pictures and interview people as well as heroes.

"We can't afford that. There's already so much heat on us."

"But we'd be causing an issue if we try to fight the person responsible. Reporting them isn't the option using your logic, Todoroki."

"All we have to do is find where they are. If they are keeping themselves hidden this entire time, then I doubt they'll just up and show themselves, even if they do get found out. They should think they're doing something bad because of the fact that they didn't show themselves publicly. When we snuff them out it shouldn't be hard to keep from the public eye."

Tenya doesn't speak. Clearly, Todoroki had thought hard on this. But, why? He knows that Todoroki somehow knows about Kakashi but it didn't make sense to him why'd he cared about Kakashi's name. It was like he didn't want anyone to besmirch it.

"Hey, Todoroki, how do you know so much about Hatake? I remember what you said back when we were fighting against him. You talked about his father, but how do you know about that?"

Todoroki grew a deep look, looking up into the sky as if remembering something. Something that wouldn't leave.

"It's not easy to explain."

"It doesn't have to be. But I'm curious. Really curious."

Todoroki sighs, leveling his head as a recent memory shows itself to him. "You might think I'm crazy, but ever since I fought Kakashi... it's like I can see his past. It's something I can't control, and the memories are random. I know it's real because I can feel everything Kakashi felt. It's like, like I'm experiencing the events myself. I can't really explain it better than that."

Tenya gives his a look that he can't decipher. He honestly thinks Iida may think he's lost his mind, but Tenya smiles soon after.

"Well, it sounds like something unbelievable, that's for sure. But, how can I be your dear friend if I cannot believe in your words?!"

Todoroki felt embarrassed to hear that for some reason. Did he have to be so loud about it? Still, it felt good not to be called crazy. Though he couldn't blame someone doing so. Experiencing someone else's memories? It sounded like something off the internet.

"Still," he sounds and begins to walk. Iida follows. "It's hard to believe. I didn't really believe it until recently myself but, now that I fully do, I think I have confront Hatake on this. I'm curious about his past with his Village, and his Father. I don't have too many specific memories with either one, but implications they both imply are bad news. Really bad."

Child soldiers. Brainwashing. War and propaganda. Titles washed away by the society he lived in was the cornerstone of what Kakashi grew up in. He still didn't understand where exactly this Village was, but he did know they were behind technology wise. That meant that there was somewhere surrounded by forest and covered by thick trees lied the Village hidden in the Leaf, ruled by the Hokage.

He wanted to find this place. To see if everything he thought he knew was true. He didn't know if he was going to turn them in yet, or really what he'd do after he found it but that was a far off thought in his mind. One he barely gave a thought to. He needed to keep dreaming. To keep finding more landmarks and a general lay of the land. He needed to find the Hidden Leaf Village.

He wanted to know if Sakumo Hatake deserved the treatment Kakashi threw at him.

"Hey, Todoroki. I'm afraid to say, but I must leave. The ceremony for all the fallen Heroes is about to start and I'd like to attend." Iida says, bowing briefly in apology.

Shoto remembers that the Hero he was interning to had died due to blade. Iida still blamed himself for it, but Shoto never thought it was his fault at all.

"That's fine, you don't have to apologize." He says, preparing himself to go on ahead and keep looking. Maybe he should try contacting Bakugo again? Just to see where he was when he called him. Maybe he could go in the right direction if he knew where the video first started to pop up onto his phone.

He blinks when a warm hand touches his cold shoulder. He wonders when he became so distracted in his own thoughts. He used to be so vigilant. Back when training with his father. His throat clams up from that thought and he's glad a memory doesn't accompany it.

"You should come with me. I know you have a lot on your mind but, maybe you should at least pay your respects."

For a moment, he was going to refuse Iida, but the more he thought about it, the more it weighed on him. He was becoming a lot like his Father. He already looked like him a bit. But now he had no time for a simple act like paying respect?

"Uh, yea, yea. I'll come with."

Iida smiles. "Good. I'm sure the Heroes would like that."

Yea, they would.

X

Even if the even was called a celebration, at the end of the day, it was a funeral. People lost their lives. Families were split apart. There was a lot of mourning. It was insufferable almost. She could understand it though, even if it was a bit annoying. It also made her anxious for something new. She had always had good hearing, ever since her Quirk activated. But there had always been times where she wished so badly she could turn it off. There was so many things she heard that she didn't want to. Quirks were like that. Even if others thought it was special they never thought about how living with that Quirk in their daily life would be.

She sure as hell liked to be strong but she could definitely do without the super hearing.

Static filled her right ear before a voice came through as clear as day. "Mirko, status update please."

"Nothing to report." She says, pressing her finger against the device. "Not even a smudge of dirt is out of place. I should've said no honestly."

"That isn't a good thing to say, Mirko. The people could've gotten hurt had you said no."

"Doubt it. No one's getting hurt right now." Her foot tap impatiently on a nearby rooftop overlooking the funeral. "I'm about to go home."

"Don-"

"Don't try and tell me what to do. I'm not one of your heroes controlled by the Commission. I do what I want." She doesn't want to hear a response she knows she won't follow. She rips the device from her ear and throws it off the building.

What a pain in the ass those guys in the suits were. Still, she decides to stay because of a mere gut feeling.

She doesn't realize her mistake in dropping the communicator. She doesn't know the threat lurking alongside a gentle crime.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 442 15
"I took his chin in my hands and examined his soft lips. To think that just a moment ago I was flustered at the mere sight of him; it seemed far away...
118K 3.5K 24
Midoriya is a very friendly classmate and doesn't mind getting a little close to others. But a certain red and white haired boy doesn't like him gett...
86.3K 1.7K 24
Izuku Midoriya lived a horrible life ever since he found out he was quirkless. He was neglected by his parents, and bullied by his sister and closest...
120K 3.8K 47
You had known Bakugou since childhood...but years had gone by until you met again at U.A. High school. In the process of reuniting with the challengi...