Protecting Janet (ON HOLD)

By writersden_

tbh, just read it pls. thank you ❤️ More

one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
Promises Made 🩷
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen

three

403 40 17
By writersden_

12:30pm - Vinewood Mall

"Ouu T! Let's go into Gucci." Janet squealed as she grabbed Taraji's hand practically dragging her into the store. Taraji watched her surroundings as Janet browsed the shoe section.

"Taraji, you're off the clock. Stop watching everyone, we're fine." Janet quietly spoke as she nudged her friend.

"You really think cause you're in a Gucci store, people won't crowd it? Look, there's the paps right there to your right." She pointed to an obvious out of place green bush.

"And there are about 20 people in counting to your left taking pics right now." Janet turned to look out the window, the small crowd went wild.

"Listen, I know it's Saturday but when I'm with you, I'm never "off the clock." I will protect you at all times, anywhere because that is my job. So let me do it." Taraji stepped away to block a fan from running up on Janet.

"I understand you're excited to see Miss Jackson but please allow her time to herself to shop. Thank you." The woman said in a sweet but professional time. The fan nodded and stepped away.

After making a few more stops, Janet decided she'd take her friend to her favorite restaurant, "Aunty Rita's Good Eats!" The pair walked through the mall towards the exit. Taraji noticed a crowd of people in the distance.

"Janet?"

"Yes?" She answered softly as she typed a message on her phone.

"Can you run in heels?" Janet chuckled.

"Umm... kind of, why?"

"OMG, IT'S JANET JACKSON!!!"

"That's why, run!" Taraji grabbed the woman's hand and took off running towards the doors before the crowd could swallow them. By the grace of Louboutin, they made it out safely to the SUV.

"See? I told you I'm never off the clock." Taraji stated with a smile as she tried to catch her breath.

"I'm sorry..." Janet whispered sadly as she sat back against the seat.

"What are you sorry for?"

"You're not able to enjoy a regular day with me without having to protect me." Taraji laughed.

"Is that not my job? I knew what it was when I was told I'd be working for you. It doesn't bother me at all nor is it your fault. You can't help that the world loves you. Don't ever be sorry for being someone people love and look up to." She turned the womans head towards her.

"Because I'll never be sorry for protecting you at all times. On or off the clock."

The two looked at one another's lips then to their eyes and back down. The tension was too thick to cut with a knife. In this moment, nothing else mattered, it was them against the world. Feelings were present but yet so far away. It was too early to confess anything, what if it was just puppy love? What if it was just lust? What if Janet was just curious? Taraji didn't want to be an experiment, she'd already been through that heart break before. Instead of acting on her feelings, she turned away to start the car.

"Well.. we should get a move on before they surround the car and I have to run some people over." Taraji joked as she cleared her throat and threw the gear shift into reverse.

After an awkward 10 minutes of silence, the pair arrived at the restaurant. A wide smile appeared on Janet's face when she saw the owner, Rita. She hopped out of the car and ran to hug her.

"Ritaaaaaa! How are you?" The two shared a tight long hug before pulling away.

"I'm fine, how're you? You look so pretty as always!" The elderly woman complimented.

"Thank you, that's all you though! I'm doing well." Taraji cleared her throat to let her presence be known.

"And who is this beautiful young lady?" Mrs. Rita asked as she walked up to Taraji. She gave Taraji a warm embrace and a smile.

"This is Taraji, my b-" The womans eyes widened.

"This is the young lady you told me about? Oh, she's everything you said!" Janet tugged on her ear as she looked everywhere but at Taraji who was staring at her in confusion.

"What did she say?"

"Whew! Auntie I'm hungry, can we get some food please?" Taraji squinted at a now nervous Janet. Mrs. Rita took note and walked off to get them some menus.

"Janet..."

"Taraji..."

"What did you tell her about me?" Janet pretended as though she didn't hear the question.

"Huh?"

"Girl- If you can huh, you can hear!" She shouted quietly.

"I didn't tell her anything bad!"

"You got five seconds to tell me what you said before I throw this water bottle at you." Taraji snapped.

"Here are your menus. Janet, I know your favorite already but if there is anything else you want, just let me know." The waitress said. Janet nodded with a smile.

"Ow! What the hell Taraji!" Taraji smirked.

"That's for beating on me this morning and not telling me what you said." She folded her arms. Janet huffed as she rubbed the spot Taraji kicked on her leg.

"Fine! I may or may not have told her you're my girlfriend and you're carrying my second child-"

"WHAT?!" Taraji shouted causing people to look over.

"Shh!! Do you really want to draw attention here, Ms. Bodyguard?" Taraji propped both menus up to cover them slightly.

"Have you lost your gotdamn mind? Why would you do that??"

"You ask that like it's a bad thing."

"IT IS!" She exclaimed quietly this time.

"Are you serious?" Taraji shook her head.

"I- no. I mean, it's bad that you lied!"

"So you would date me and have my child?" Janet smirked.

"What? No!"

"So you wouldn't date me and have my child?"

"That's not- What? Will you just fucking focus!"

"Are yall ready to order?" The waitress asked as she walked up. The two women smiled in the midst of their conversation.

"I'll take my favorite with a sprite. She'll have the same." The young lady took the menus away and went to put the order in.

"Answer me!"

"I was just kidding, I didn’t tell her that." Janet laughed while Taraji was visibly upset.

"I should kick your knee off, you asshole." Janet laughed harder.

"Now is that any way to speak to your boss, young lady?" Taraji rolled her eyes.

"You can go to hell."

For the next 2 hours, the pair ate and had a nice talk with Rita. Taraji was still upset from the stunt Janet pulled but she eventually got over it. All Rita said was that Janet told her how beautiful Taraji was and how she loved being around her. After taking some food to go, the pair headed back to Janet's home.

"I'm tired, I'm going to head home. Thank you for today and the gifts." Janet was a bit sad, she didn't want Taraji to leave but she didn't want to seem clingy.

"It's no problem, I'm glad you came with me. I had fun with you, we definitely should do it again."

"I'll see you later Jan, kiss Eissa for me." Taraji blew kisses to her boss and walked away. Janet fought the urge to ask her to stay one more night. So she watched the beautiful woman strut away to the SUV.

"Let me know when you make it home!" Janet called out.

♡ hey, hey, hey! I hope yall enjoyed this chapter! I know I did.

☆ their little friendship is forming nicely and it's cute 🤍

♤ as always, love yall & thank you for your support ✨️🥰

♧ p.s. this is your Christmas present from me because I'll be busy tomorrow with family lol. Murry Chrihmuhs 🤸🏾‍♀️🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 15 23
I'm not going to spoil anything, I hope you enjoy this sweet love story. I didnt proof read, im planning on doing that later, so sorry for any mistak...
4.9K 145 16
"Ruining you with my fingers won't be that much satisfying as it is defeating your ego with my win." "I don't think I need protection Mr. Jeon.." "It...
6.5K 414 40
Read to find out 😏
73.4K 1.6K 19
Just read it. I know ya want to 🥰