Without them knowing

By _devilish_me_

❝"Elijah, stop please!" I cried as my mate kept landing blows on him. If he kept doing that he would certainl... More

◎Prologue◎
◉Chapter 1◉
◎Chapter 2◎
◎Chapter 4◎
◉Chapter 5◉
◎Chapter 6◎
◉chapter 7◉
◎chapter 8◎
◉Chapter 9◉
∞ Chapter 10 ∞
◎ Chapter 11 ◎
◉Chapter 12◉
◎Chapter 13◎
◉Chapter 14◉
◎Chapter 15◎
◉Chapter 16◉
◎Chapter 17◎
◉Chapter 18◉
◎Chapter 19◎
◉Chapter 20◉
◎Chapter 21◎
◉Chapter 22◉
◎Chapter 23◎
◉Chapter 24◉
◎Chapter 25◎
◉ Chapter 26 ◉
◎Chapter 27◎
◉ Chapter 28 ◉
◎Chapter 29 ◎
∞ Chapter 30 ∞
◉Chapter 31◉

◉Chapter 3◉

53.6K 1.4K 672
By _devilish_me_

Thank you guys for reading this story :)

It was half past one and Elijah still hadn't shown up. But from the pain in my chest I guessed he was still busy. I sighed and turned around on my mattress. Silently crying. My wolf kept on whining for her mate.

Why couldn't he just stop? Why couldn't he just claim me and finally be mine?!

I mentally scolded myself for being so selfish. If he told everyone I was his mate his whole future would be flushed down the drain.

Slightly angry at myself for being so damn emotional, I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. I could handle this. It was my life. The life of Omega. I could simply not be with an Alpha. The pack wouldn't agree. It would go against the law of nature.

That was sadly not true. I had heard many stories about Alphas and Omegas being together. So I wondered why not us? He could be so damn confusing at times. He said he didn't want a mate, but I was still his?

Why? Goddammit why?

I growled and angrily wiped away the few tears that had escaped. I just had to suck it up. I wasn't hoping on a happy ending. I knew I wasn't getting one. My life would just remain as it was now.

But I just didn't know how much longer I could take living this life.

"Parker?"

I turned around to look at the intruder. Of course it would be him. No one else spoke to me. Well not without sneering or yelling at me.

The moment he saw my tearstained face a worried look appeared on his.

"Parker what's wrong?" He walked over and kneeled before me. Taking my head in his hands he wiped away my tears and pressed a kiss on my forehead.

I closed my eyes, savoring the feeling of his lips on my skin. I knew moments like this were rare.

"Hey, Parker, please stop crying," he said, looking at me hopelessly. "I don't like seeing you cry."

I'm crying because of you basterd!

But I couldn't say that. He was still my Alpha.

"Will you please tell me what's bothering you?"

I sniffed and shook my head. "It's nothing. I'm alright," I said, putting on my best fake smile.

He didn't believe me but thankfully dropped it. He just wrapped his arms around me comfortingly and laid down besides me. Much to my surprise he didn't reek of other girls.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" He hugged me to him tightly.

No I couldn't. It would be disrespectful to say most things I thought. So I just nodded and put my head under his chin.

He hugged me even tighter, like he was afraid I would disappear.

At times like this it was nearly impossible to be angry at him. My heart warmed as he softly whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I tried not to think about tomorrow. Because when I woke up he would be gone and I'd have to go through a whole day of mental and psychical torture.

But as I felt his soft, even breathing against my hair I let all my worries go and spent another amazing night in his arms.

"There will be a pack meeting this evening, you will have to attend too," Harry informed me a day later while I was cooking dinner. He was the soon to Beta and nemesis of Elijah. I didn't know why those two hated each other so much and I never asked. Not that anyone would tell me. Harry had short blond hair and the bluest pair of eyes I had ever seen. He was handsome. But no were near Elijah.

"Okay," I responded timidly, keeping my head down.

Harry opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by Elijah entering the kitchen.

"Where is our food, slave?" he sneered, glaring at me. I gulped and quickly returned to cooking dinner.

"Why are you here?" he hissed at Harry.

From the corner of my eye I saw Harry raising his hands in surrender. "I was just telling her that there will be a pack meeting tomorrow. Alpha said everyone had to be there."

"I could have told her that too," he spat. "You dind't have to go out of your way for the Omega."

The way he said that, like I was nothing but a bother, made my heart squeeze painfully.

"Stop talking that way about her," Harry hissed back. "She's still a pack member."

I couldn't believe he was sticking up for me. No one had ever done that before. Sure, Harry had never really done anything to me. I guess you could say he was one of the nicer teenagers. But he never tried to stop the abuse.

"I am your Alpha! You will not talk to me that way!"

I nearly snorted. Surprising myself. He sure used that line a lot.

"I am sorry Alpha," Harry drawled.

Oh boy, did he have a death wish or something?

Elijah glared at him hatefully and threw me a warning look before exciting the kitchen, a scowl evident on his face.

"You know," Harry chimed as he leaned against the counter. "It's okay to talk to me. I won't bite your head off."

"No you won't, he will," I retorted before I could stop myself.

Harry just laughed. "He's all bark and no bite."

"No," I sighed. "He won't bite."

Although Harry probably didn't understand why I said that, he still chuckled.

"Do you need help with anything?" he offered. Looking at the vegetables that still needed to be chopped.

I froze, looking up at him surprised, before narrowing my eyes. "What do you want?"

He just smiled.

"I was just offering help, it looks like you need it." Pointing at the vegetables as he said so.

I hesitated. Not knowing if he was kidding or not. What if I said yes and he would start laughing and making fun at me for thinking that someone would ever help the Omega.

"I really am offering help," he assured me, his voice now soft.

Finally I smiled at him. Something I hadn't done in a while. "Sure, you could help me with chopping the vegetables."

He nodded, rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt before washing his hands.

"Hey Harry?" I questioned. Not sure if I was allowed to.

"Yeah?"

"How old are you? I mean no offense but why are you wearing a suit?"

Harry turned around, a big kitchen knife in his hand and a smile on his face. I instantly took a step back. I knew it. This was one of the pack members sick plans probably. Cutting me with a kitchen knife. How original.

"Oh God," stammered Harry once he saw my scared face and directly set the knife down on the kitchen counter. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I let out my breath in relief and smiled sadly. "Sorry, it's just..." I trailed off.

He just shook his head. "No need to apologize. And to answer your question I am 25 and I'm wearing a suit because I just came from a meeting."

My jaw dropped. "You're 25? Really?"

He rolled his eyes. "Way to make a man feel old."

I briskly shook my head. "No no, it's just that you look younger that that."

"Well, thank you," he smirked and winked.

I laughed, again something I hadn't done in a long time.

When I told him I knew what everyone was allergic to and liked or disliked to eat, he didn't believe me.

"No way," he said, shaking his head.

"Yes way."

"Okay, then. What am I allergic to?" he questioned.

"Nothing, but you dislike seafood and love everything with potatoes."

"There are over 800 members in this pack!" he exclaimed.

I nodded. "824 to be exact."

He patted my back. "You're amazing you know that?"

I smiled at him, not really believing him. Before I knew it dinner was ready.

"I better get going," said Harry and washes his hands again.

I gave him a nod. "Yeah, thank you for helping me."

"No problemo," he responded before disappearing into the dinning room.

I served everyone dinner and much to my amazement only four people threw insults my way.

Singing softly as I did the dishes I wondered why is suddenly was in such a good mood. I had woken up heartbroken when yet again when Elijah was nowhere to be seen. I got slapped three times this morning for accidentally placing the wrong plate in front of a pack member. It was thanks to Harry I guess. But would he still be nice to me tomorrow?

After I cleaned the kitchen I quickly ate my dinner. I hadn't eaten much yesterday and now I was starving. The pack would go for a run later. I wasn't allowed to go with them. I had to ask permission for taking a run. But the Alpha hadn't granted that me in years. God, I couldn't even remember the last time I was outside. My wolf needed a run though. Normally she would talk to me, but she had gone quiet over the years.

When I heard the kitchen door slam I jumped up, startled. My mate was standing there. An angry sneer clearly visible on his face.

"What the hell where you doing with him, you whore?" he snarled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630K 14.8K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
777K 17.7K 30
PREVIOUSLY CALLED: Rejected, Perfected "I Greg Wilson, alpha of the Red Moon pack, reject you, Samantha Nightwing, as my mate and future Luna" he wh...
1.8M 49.9K 30
Mates, my parents told me that it would make me happy, ecstatic, over-joyed, excited, and anything but sadness and rejection. And I got the exact opp...
5.6M 197K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...