Maybe, Probably | Kagami x Re...

By Danniduhh

When your mother gets incredibly sick and unable to take care of you, you move to Japan to stay with your dad... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23 (Slight ๐Ÿ‹)
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37 ๐Ÿ‹
38
39
40

11

1.9K 52 62
By Danniduhh

Taiga pulls into a parking lot and we both get out of the car.

Kagami walks over to my side of his car and holds out his hand. I look up at him and then at his hand.

"Gonna leave me hangin? I won't bite...unless you like." Kagami chuckles as he shakes his hand, signaling for me to grab it.

I laugh and shake my head and I place my hand in his.

"Quoting Bruno Mars I see."

Kagami nods.

"Finally someone recognizes my American music."

I giggle again and Kagami laughs as well.

"It's a short walk to the place but it shouldn't be too bad."

Kagami and I walk for about five minutes before standing in line for a boat rental place. I see the Kyunaka River, and I get excited. Junpei's told me about how pretty and peaceful it is at night.

"Are we going on a boat ride?" I ask excitedly.

Kagami shakes his head and we both take a step forward in the line. There's only four people in front of us, so we should be next.

"No no, we're in line to get directions to a karaoke place." Kagami states.

I lift an eyebrow at him and pull out my phone.

"You know there's like- a thing called Google Maps, even Apple Maps at the palm of our fingers right?"

Kagami gasps and runs a hand through his hair.

"Oh wow...I didn't know that." He states sarcastically.

The people in front of us get called and then another worker calls us. Kagami does most of the talking. He lets go of my hand to grab his wallet from his jacket pocket. He pulls out twenty dollars and the lady give us two life jackets and a receipt.

"Have fun guys." The worker states.

"Thank you!" We say in unison.

We both walk towards the area that the worker told us to go. While we wait, we put the life jackets over our clothing. Another worker asks for our receipt and then they give us a paddle boat.

Kagami and I enter it and the worker tells us how to use it. Before I know it, Kagami and I are paddling into the Kyunaka River.

We paddle in silence for a while but then Kagami breaks it.

"So I lied about us sailing the river, but I thought it was obvious, you know, with all the signs that said boat rentals and stuff."

"Hey, I was just believing what you told me."

Kagami and I paddle under a bridge. It has blue lights that make it shine just as brightly as the other buildings further past it.

"Do you have a favorite movie?" I ask because the thought randomly popped in my head.

Kagami thinks for a few seconds before answering.

"I think Coach Carter is a pretty good movie. Either that one or Love and Basketball if I'm in a romance mood."

I gasp and stop paddling.

"I didn't take you for the romance type Tiger!"

"Hey, I'm full of surprises!"

Taiga's still paddling and I start back up again.

"Do you have a favorite?" Kagami asked.

"Yeah, if I had to pick one it would probably be (favorite movie)."

"I haven't seen that one, what's it about?"

"Well, it's about-," I explain the plot to my favorite movie without giving away too much information about it just in case Kagami wants to watch it one day.

I look around our surroundings and I see the Skytree in the distance.

"Oh, look!" I state, enthusiasm oozing from my voice. I point out into the distance and Kagami tries to figure out what I'm looking at.

"What the billboard?"

"No no, look!"

Kagami looks in the direction that I'm pointing one more time and then he gives up.

"I don't see what you see apparently."

"It's the Skytree! How can you miss the tall sparking tower?!"

Kagami looks at me, his mouth hanging open in disbelief.

"Ohhh, I don't know... maybe because the pretty lady I'm with wasn't clear about what she was excited about."

I stare at Kagami and he stares back at me with a blank expression on his face. We both look each other in the eyes. It's another one of our random staring contest.

I'm determined to win this time...even if I have to play dirty. I reach my hand out our boat and splash Kagami with some of the water. He immediately blinks and wipes his face with the sleeve of his jacket, chuckling as he looks me in the eyes.

"Now if I were to do it back to you, you know you'd be soaked right?"

"Hey I only sprinkled the water on you! Please don't soak me." I plead.

Kagami smiles and looks away from me.

"Tch- you're lucky I like you." He says.

After paddling for a bit longer, we eventually reach the end of the Rivers trail. We park the boat in the designated spot and leave the life jackets on it.

"That was fun, thanks for planning today."

"No problem." Taiga states.

A loud grumble escapes Kagami's stomach.

"Are you- are you hungry?"

"Yeah a little bit."

"Since you paid for the boat I can pay for dinner." I shrug.

Kagami nods his head.

We decide on eating somewhere close because I'm actually very hungry now that food is being mentioned.

Kagami pulls out his phone and looks up some nearby food spots that are open this late.

"Okay there's a ramen place, a taco place, a burger spot..."

"I always love a good burger." I state as I wrap my arms around myself.

Kagami pockets his phone and then he glances at me.

"You want my jacket?" He asked.

I immediately shake my head no.

"I'll be okay."

"Alright." Kagami states.

We take a couple of steps and then he stops to take off his jacket. I stand in front of him facing towards him. He places it around my shoulders and folds one piece of it over the other so that my warmth will stay inside the sweater.

We continue walking towards Kagami's car and once we make it we get inside.

Just like the first time, Kagami made sure I was safely inside before he got in.

We make the short drive back home and Kagami goes to the burger shop that we bumped into each other at before.

"Do you wanna share fries?" I ask as we wait in line.

The arm of Kagami's sweater go down too far for my arms and I can't help but flap the sleeves of it while we wait.

"Yeah we can share a fry. I think I want a regular cheeseburger, maybe a lemonade."

"I'm gonna get a cheeseburger too."

Kagami shoves my shoulder playfully.

"Copycat."

I roll my eyes messing around with him.

"Haha, you wish."

Now it's our turn to take our order. We step up to the register and I tell the cashier what we want.

"Okay so I have two cheeseburgers, one medium fry, and two soft drinks for here?" The cashier replies.

"Yes ma'am." I smile at her.

"Okay your total today is gonna be...fourteen sixty five!"

I pull Kagami's jacket up and attempt to reach into my pants pocket. His sleeves keep on getting in the way and it's making it harder than it has to be.

I hear the sound of a receipt being printed when I look up, a twenty in my hand.

"Here's your card and receipt back." The cashier states. "You're order ten."

She holds a card out to Kagami and he grabs it along with our two drink cups.

"Thank you." He states.

We walk to a table and I glance at Kagami.

"Here take this cash."

Kagami shakes his head no.

"Nah, you're good. What do you want to drink?"

"I'll take a lemonade too."

Taiga nods and then gets up to grab us two lemonades in our cups.

He comes back a few minutes later.

"Oh before I forget, if Junpei asks you paid for all your own stuff, okay?" Kagami says with a chuckle.

I nod my head slowly and slide the twenty dollar bill towards Kagami. He glances down at it as he sips his lemonade.

"What did he say to you when he talked to you?" I ask curiously.

Kagami blushes embarrassed and shakes his head.

"I am sworn to not tell."

He slides the twenty back towards me and I push it back immediately.

"You can tell me." I laugh. "He'll never know!"

Taiga shakes his head.

"No no, I'm a man of my word!" Kagami insists.

I take a sip of my lemonade and hum.

"Did he say stay at least four feet apart from each other at all times?" I asked jokingly.

Kagami chuckles and then smiles. I smile at his smile.

"No no, he just asked if it was a date and I told him we're just friends as far as I know."

I nod my head.

"That's all?"

Kagami pushes the twenty towards me, obviously frustrated at my stubbornness.

"Keep the damn twenty, I'm not taking it!" He demands.

"Ai ai Sir!" I state.

I tilt my head to the side a bit and smile slightly at him.

I grab the twenty and stuff it in his jacket pocket. He's gonna take this money even if he doesn't want it.

"Thank you for my meal, Tiger."

"Anything for you, pretty girl."

"Order number ten!" The workers yell.

Kagami gets up and walks to the food pickup area. He comes back a minute later, a tray of food in his hand.

We eat our food and then Kagami drives me home. We walk up to my door and stand there awkwardly.

My hands are stuffed in Kagami's jacket pockets, and Kagami has his hands in his jean pockets.

"I had a lot of fun with you today..." Kagami starts. "We should do it again sometime."

I nod my head and look up at Kagami. My eyes flicker to his lips and he parts his lips to speak but no words come out.

I take a step closer to him and stand up on my tippy toes. My hands make their way to Kagami's shoulders so I can keep my balance and Kagami places a hand on my lower back.

I stare into his eyes as my heart pounds against my chest.

I slowly lean in to kiss him and Kagami does the same.

My eyes are closed now and our lips should meet soon.

Key word is should.

Kagami sucks in a deep breath, let's go of my waist, takes a step back, and mutters something.

I open my eyes and glance at him.

Kagami looks back at me and sighs.

"Did I- did I do something?" I ask as my eyes look towards the floor.

"No no no!"

There's a pause and then.

"I just-,"

Another sigh from Kagami.

"I told Junpei I wouldn't kiss you. At least not today." Kagami says as he places a hand behind his neck glancing above his head.

"Well, can I tell you a secret?" I ask as I beckon Kagami to lean down towards me with a finger.

I lean in towards his ear and whisper in it.

"I didn't tell him I wouldn't kiss you."

Before Kagami has time to react, I grab his face and peck his lips quickly.

I enter the password to my front door and run inside of my house. I lock the door and lean against it, a smile plastered on my face as I look down at the white tiles below me.

"Well someone's extremely happy..." I hear Junpei say.

My head snaps up and I see him walking down the stairs.

"Did you guys have fun?" Junpei asked.

I nod my head.

"Yeah! I had a lot of fun." I smile. "Kagami was super sweet."

Junpei nods his head and sighs.

"Did you pay for yourself on your not date?"

"Yes Junpei, I did." I chuckle. "But hey, I'm really tired...I think I'll go lay down now!"

I hug my brother before walking into my room and doing just that...lay down and go to sleep.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Word Count: 2,044

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 901 18
แ€กแ€แ€บแ€…แ€นแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธแ€”แ‚”แ€ฒ แ€กแ€แ€ฐ แ€ฑแ€”แ‚”แ€…แ€ผแ€ฒ แ€แ€…แ€นแ€แ€ฏ แ€–แ€”แ€นแ€แ€ฎแ€ธแ€ปแ€แ€„แ€นแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€ฆแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ฐ แ€”แ€ฑแ€ทแ€…แ€ฝแ€ฒ แ€แ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฏ แ€–แ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฎแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ธ (Z&U)
96.4K 3.5K 39
Tomura Shigaraki x Original Female Character ____________ At the age of eighteen, an orphaned Mina is welcomed into the yakuza group, the Shie Hassai...
161K 4K 70
[ chapter 1-14 are poorly written. read at your own risk ] Laila Hart just wanted this year to be boring and simple. No drama, no boys, and no troubl...
103K 1.3K 33
"I was so scared." I whispered. "I'm here now and I will protect you." He whispered back, kissing me softly. Even the kindest...